Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck ranked #10 by Jaws in QB rankings

loudnproudcolt

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I can't imagine the team not being better. The question marks exist primarily with the development of the young guys and the contributions of the free agents. But I feel good about the team in 2013. I just don't think that improvement is going to be reflected in the record. 

I agree, but I really do hope for a little better: regular and post season.

ok. It is just me. Just calling it like I see it. There is an awful lot of stat discussion up here that you would think that trumps winning Perhaps that is the difference between a fanbase that is used to winning divisional champs and one that wins SBs. I would rather have Brady have the worse season of his career and win the fourth ring but no chance here. Luck has to win AND have gaudy stats too. Like I said, a lot of pressure already for a second year guy who has taken a ton of his and has a new OC.

Dude, he's already surpassed what people thought would happen before the 2012 season. I like how people come on here and say he's this and that, but they never talk about him being a rookie and being allowed to make mistakes. They only compare him to established veterans. Oh, btw, want me to rattle off how many rookie records he broke? Nuff said, don't hate, appreciate.

ok. It is just me. Just calling it like I see it. There is an awful lot of stat discussion up here that you would think that trumps winning Perhaps that is the difference between a fanbase that is used to winning divisional champs and one that wins SBs. I would rather have Brady have the worse season of his career and win the fourth ring but no chance here. Luck has to win AND have gaudy stats too. Like I said, a lot of pressure already for a second year guy who has taken a ton of his and has a new OC.

Who won the last Super Bowl of the two teams?

Fans will always have a strong connection with their QB, moreso than other players and coaches... Pats fans are undoubtedly the worst in this regard so I do not know where you are coming from here. You all playdown the enormous contributions of your defense and Adam Vinateri (as well as SpyGate) which led to the 3 Super Bowls , to heap praise on Brady as the catalyst behind it all... and you do this in spite of the fact that anyone who watched all three seasons can clearly see that Brady was no where near the player he is now and the defense was the unit that carried the team.

You can argue with that, but I saw it with my own eyes and you will not change my mind on it. I have quite a few Patriots friends and they have all been unsuccessful in doing so.

Fans from every team like to argue about whose QB is better, and stats help those argument... it may be infantile but it is what it is. That said, I doubt anyone puts QB stats ahead of Super Bowl wins, and you claiming that Colts fans would do so, despite clearly knowing otherwise is indeed trolling.

Dude, he's already surpassed what people thought would happen before the 2012 season. I like how people come on here and say he's this and that, but they never talk about him being a rookie and being allowed to make mistakes. They only compare him to established veterans. Oh, btw, want me to rattle off how many rookie records he broke? Nuff said, don't hate, appreciate.

I am a huge fan of Luck have said so many times up here. I think he is far and away the best of the rookies that came out last year. My issue here is not with Luck but with expectations. I do think he overchieved in year one and most likley will have a good second year but 11 wins again may be unrealistic given the new OC and tougher schedule.

But to your point about comparing him to vets, I think that is a media issue right now because we so badly want to have the next Brady or Manning in our midst. Luck has come into a far different league then the one Brady and Manning came into. Even Manning as the number one pick back in the late 90's did not have so much expected of him so soon. That being said, Luck seems very mentality tough so I am sure he can handle it, I just question whether his fanbase can. ;)

Who won the last Super Bowl of the two teams?

Fans will always have a strong connection with their QB, moreso than other players and coaches... Pats fans are undoubtedly the worst in this regard so I do not know where you are coming from here. You all playdown the enormous contributions of your defense and Adam Vinateri (as well as SpyGate) which led to the 3 Super Bowls , to heap praise on Brady as the catalyst behind it all... and you do this in spite of the fact that anyone who watched all three seasons can clearly see that Brady was no where near the player he is now and the defense was the unit that carried the team.

You can argue with that, but I saw it with my own eyes and you will not change my mind on it. I have quite a few Patriots friends and they have all been unsuccessful in doing so.

Fans from every team like to argue about whose QB is better, and stats help those argument... it may be infantile but it is what it is. That said, I doubt anyone puts QB stats ahead of Super Bowl wins, and you claiming that Colts fans would do so, despite clearly knowing otherwise is indeed trolling.

I am not sure how we digressed so far. My post was inappropriate and I apologize. I was very tired last night and got some lousy news earlier in the day.

I obviously blew your orginal point out of proportion. But I do think there seems to be a lot of obsession with stats up here. The thrust of my argument was that rings supercede everything but I wonder if Luck had worse stats than RG this upcoming season as he did last season but won more games than RG if folks would be irate because they could not thump their chest and say we have the best young QB.

Like I have always said up here, I put the hardware first, everything else is window dressing which is why your feelings toward Brady and the SBs does not phase me. He was at the helm of those teams leading them to victory and honestly that is all I care about. For all of his eye popping stats in 2007-2012 there have been no rings so I could care less about his MVPs and 50 TD season. I know how great he is but still want another ring as does he as evidenced by the under market extension he signed his off-season. In the end, legacies are built in the post-season and legends are champions. That is why I watch the game.

pats have zero rings since spygate.. FTW