2. Jake Locker, Washington

3. Cam Newton, Auburn

4. Ryan Mallett, Arkansas

T-5. Andy Dalton, T.C.U.

T-5. Ricky Stanzi, Iowa

T-5. Colin Kaepernick, Nevada

T-5. Pat Devlin, Delaware

dont put too much into it

I remember that very well and I remember not being sold on Gabbert at all. I thought he had Cam at #2...He also said Chris Johnson is too small and can only be a 3rd down back

In his mock draft though, he called the first handful of picks right on the money.

With all that said, every person makes mistakes. It's nearly impossible to get it correct all the time. He called JaMarcus as a bust when most people had him as the Raiders' saviour

I remember that very well and I remember not being sold on Gabbert at all. I thought he had Cam at #2...He also said Chris Johnson is too small and can only be a 3rd down back

In his mock draft though, he called the first handful of picks right on the money.

With all that said, every person makes mistakes. It's nearly impossible to get it correct all the time. He called JaMarcus as a bust when most people had him as the Raiders' saviour

In fairness CJ2K had a bad season, so maybe he is on a steady decline. And Gabbert may have a solid season with a full off season, and some weapons... Who knows? I just agree that Luck is not once in a lifetime. Not saying he will be bad, I have said he's the next big Ben - the SB wins.

Kiper said he would take Luck over Cam Newton if Luck had come out last year and he says that after seeing the season Newton just had. We are a team that never gets to draft in the 1-15 range. A freak set of circumstances has given us the number 1 pick and it's incredible that some of you people are looking a gift horse in the mouth. Some of you are stiff necked people. Experts all say Luck is great and you naturally say "No, he isn't" when you don't have a clue.

It's not available in my country, a summary?

Summary:

On a scale of 1 to 10, how likely is Andrew Luck to be the #1 pick?

Kiper: 15 to 20.

How do you rate Luck compared to RG3 and the other QBs in the draft?

Kiper: Luck is here. RG3 is a short drop off from that. And the other QBs are a long drop off from RG3.

Kiper said he would take Luck over Cam Newton if Luck had come out last year and he says that after seeing the season Newton just had. We are a team that never gets to draft in the 1-15 range. A freak set of circumstances has given us the number 1 pick and it's incredible that some of you people are looking a gift horse in the mouth. Some of you are stiff necked people. Experts all say Luck is great and you naturally say "No, he isn't" when you don't have a clue.

I havent seen many people at all say he is bad. And just because 'experts' say something doesnt make it true. Most people just try to make the point that they would rather keep Peyton and surround him with talent by trading down. Very few people say that he isnt worth the number 1 pick, they just think that it would be better for the team to trade down.

Yup. The main component of those "freak" circumstances status is still uncertain. I'd just say that I hope that as a generality people can get behind Luck.

"We" haven't been drafting in that range lately, but the history of the team in Indy sure is another story. I guess I just hope we don't return to the pre-Manning form of decades of fecal matter. The thing that gives me the most hope is that the change for the better in fortunes also coincided with Jim taking over ownership.

Your kind of a character. Calling Luck Big Ben quality is a compliment for a kid who has not played in the NFL yet. I don't have him being Peyton good, what are the chances lightning strikes in the same place three times? Elway, Manning, and now Luck? That would be amazing Luck (pun intended). I think his attributes will carry over and he will be a good NFL QB, but I don't have to bow down to him as I guess you maybe already have?

Here was Mayocks top 5 last year

1. Blaine Gabbert, Missouri

3. Cam Newton, Auburn

T-5. Andy Dalton, T.C.U.

T-5. Ricky Stanzi, Iowa

Was Mayock's precombine order. It changed after combine. I have to agree with Mayock about differences between QBs. IMO my opinon, there is not much drop off between 1st ranked QB and 5th ranked when the upside and the negatives are all put together.

I hope that either Payton shuts it down or we go ahead and cut him because I beleive that we will win more rings with Andrew Luck than we did with Manning. I do think that Peyton is a great regular season QB but he is an average playoff QB. I mean look at how many rings Big Ben got and Brady and even Rogers got a ring way faster than Peyton. No disrespect but it's true.

I hope that either Payton shuts it down or we go ahead and cut him because I beleive that we will win more rings with Andrew Luck than we did with Manning. I do think that Peyton is a great regular season QB but he is an average playoff QB. I mean look at how many rings Big Ben got and Brady and even Rogers got a ring way faster than Peyton. No disrespect but it's true.

Where would the Colts have been without Peyton?

We've seen the Steelers win without Big Ben, and the Patriots without Brady. Aaron Rodgers inherited a great team with a good defense when they won a superbowl. Last year their defense was bad and they didn't win.

What I'm trying to say is that Manning is the reason why we made it to the playoffs in the first place. It's evident that the Colts are an offensive team and really have struggled on defense. Yet, when we lose it Peyton's fault and not the team's fault?

Sometimes I like Mayock and sometimes I think he tries too hard to be the smartest guy in the room and think against the grain. I am not sayin gthat because of this article but that's just the impression I've gotten from him mostly from covering Notre Dame football.

I agree with this, Leonard Johnson isn't that good and Matt Kalil is by far the better LT over Riley Reiff yet Mayock thinks otherwise.

hopefully this is your first and last post...

3. Cam Newton, Auburn

T-5. Andy Dalton, T.C.U.

T-5. Ricky Stanzi, Iowa

1) It's really hard to project quarterbacks, especially when you don't know what team they'll wind up on;

2) Just seeing them play (or not play) for one season doesn't tell us how good they'll be. Revisit this list in two years, and you might feel differently. I personally think Jake Locker and Colin Kaepernick are going to be pretty good. Ryan Mallett didn't even play.

Can't argue about your Big Ben, Brady and Rogers comment because it's factually a true statement. It is certainly concievable that Luck will win more rings than Peyton and I hope its true but probably won't happen unless the Colts TEAM is better than it has been for Peyton. Remember defense and run game! In my opinion Peyton has never been average anything. Oh and your statement "no disprespect but it's true" ... leave that some where else, it makes you look like a Peyton hater as many people are. Peyton is great PERIOD! Oh I forgot about your comment that Peyton should shut it down or we should go ahead and cut him. What was that all about? Oh perhaps you really are a Peyton hater. I wish I had not read the post now.

3. Cam Newton, Auburn

T-5. Andy Dalton, T.C.U.

T-5. Ricky Stanzi, Iowa

lol. Mayock sucks, of course he's going to like RG3.

Wasn't Mayock absolutely in love with JaMarcus Russel back when he was drafted? GoColts you're right on the money, Mayock does try too hard to be the smartest guy in the room. Not to take anything away from RGIII, I think he can become a great QB in the NFL, unless he goes to Cleveland (where careers go to die), but Luck is by far the better QB IMO. And RGIII has had a torn ACL and concussions in college, but it's a possibility that injuries can derail his career.

Wasn't Mayock absolutely in love with JaMarcus Russel back when he was drafted? GoColts you're right on the money, Mayock does try too hard to be the smartest guy in the room. Not to take anything away from RGIII, I think he can become a great QB in the NFL, unless he goes to Cleveland (where careers go to die), but Luck is by far the better QB IMO. And RGIII has had a torn ACL and concussions in college, but it's a possibility that injuries can derail his career.

Well to be honest he said Russell had the best pro day he had ever seen. At the same time he said he wasn't worthy of a 1st overall or 1st round pick because of maturity or something like that. So its hard to blame him. But when a guy has the best pro day ever, he should be pretty darn good right?

3. Cam Newton, Auburn

T-5. Andy Dalton, T.C.U.

T-5. Ricky Stanzi, Iowa

Yep... Todd McKiper had Gabbert #1 also last season.

2 years ago Kiper LOVED Clausen over Bradford...

Nobody know... nobody can grade a persons heart and work ethic.

Jim Harbaugh on Luck 15 months ago...

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2010/11/16/stanfords-jim-harbaugh-on-andrew-luck-being-ready-for-the-nfl-i-believe-he-is/

I am sick of hearing clowns like Herm and Kordell constantly saying "the QB position is changing in todays NFL" "to a mobile QB" Really? Mobile QB have always been the "shinny new thing" in the NFL... Young, Stabler, Staubauch, Bradshaw, Montana all QB's who could run... but were better passers. And the "great" passers get the rings....

Rodgers, Brady, Eli, Peyton (if healthy), Rothelisberger, Rivers, Ryan, Brees ya .. the game is moving to a running QB. NOT.

The game is moving to a Passing league and QB's who can "move in the pocket" a QB like Rodgers and Brees who can get the cheap first downs is just icing on the cake.

QB's have got to be able to stand in the pocket and throw downfield.... PERIOD.

Yep... Todd McKiper had Gabbert #1 also last season.

2 years ago Kiper LOVED Clausen over Bradford...

Nobody know... nobody can grade a persons heart and work ethic.

Jim Harbaugh on Luck 15 months ago...

http://blogs.mercury...-believe-he-is/

I am sick of hearing clowns like Herm and Kordell constantly saying "the QB position is changing in todays NFL" "to a mobile QB" Really? Mobile QB have always been the "shinny new thing" in the NFL... Young, Stabler, Staubauch, Bradshaw, Montana all QB's who could run... but were better passers. And the "great" passers get the rings....

Rodgers, Brady, Eli, Peyton (if healthy), Rothelisberger, Rivers, Ryan, Brees ya .. the game is moving to a running QB. NOT.

The game is moving to a Passing league and QB's who can "move in the pocket" a QB like Rodgers and Brees who can get the cheap first downs is just icing on the cake.

QB's have got to be able to stand in the pocket and throw downfield.... PERIOD.

Yep it's only been changing since Randal Cunningham. Bottom line as long as there are guys like Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Eli Manning, and Drew Brees they are going to be the best QBs in the NFL because while they might not be the best runners in the world the other things they can do more than makes up for the lack of running.

3. Cam Newton, Auburn

T-5. Andy Dalton, T.C.U.

T-5. Ricky Stanzi, Iowa

Did not remember that , eye opening

snapback.pngdirtdiver76, on 16 February 2012 - 10:51 PM, said:

Can't argue about your Big Ben, Brady and Rogers comment because it's factually a true statement. It is certainly concievable that Luck will win more rings than Peyton and I hope its true but probably won't happen unless the Colts TEAM is better than it has been for Peyton. Remember defense and run game! In my opinion Peyton has never been average anything. Oh and your statement "no disprespect but it's true" ... leave that some where else, it makes you look like a Peyton hater as many people are. Peyton is great PERIOD! Oh I forgot about your comment that Peyton should shut it down or we should go ahead and cut him. What was that all about? Oh perhaps you really are a Peyton hater. I wish I had not read the post now.

Thats the Key,. we never gave Peyton an all around team and asked him to do it all