Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Seahawks want a player and a high pick for sherman

We do not have any players that we would want to part with for this trade.  All good players we have we need.  Plus we need our draft picks.  This would not make since and not to mention bringing in the $11mil/year salary instead of paying a rookie much less.

Dorsett has very little value and some seem to try and over value him because he was a 1st round pick I think.

58 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I think they want for him to shut up and just play football.

Agreed, most logical scenario. Shead might be out to start the season (torn ACL). Lane is a lost guy and wasn't very good last year. no good corners left in FA and they have nothing behind those two. He's very valuable for what they do so can't imagine that they would trade him.

15 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Yes let's trade a pick for a CB when the class is jam freaking packed full of talent at that position that is way younger 

Exactly what I was about to write myself!  That's why Sherman is so confident he'll still be there.  Who's going to give up all that when the draft is stock full of young talent at that position?

10 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

He hasn't been the one demanding a trade.  The Seahawks brought it up.  He wasn't threatening a holdout or anything.

Who said he was?  You think the stodgy owners want him spouting off about how other players are being black balled, not to mention what he said about his own coach?

It's a combination of him voicing his opinions about the coaching and his age/salary.  HIs contract expires next year, right?  They're going to have to pay a few guys soon so if they can unload him for a high pick, they're smart to do so.  The Steelers and Patriots have been doing that for years.

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

Exactly what I was about to write myself!  That's why Sherman is so confident he'll still be there.  Who's going to give up all that when the draft is stock full of young talent at that position?

Idk why but our fan base for some reason would rather trade all our picks for players already in the league. It's like they won't even give Ballard a chance to draft idk about you but id rather have young studs on rookie contracts then old expensive vets.

35 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Idk why but our fan base for some reason would rather trade all our picks for players already in the league. It's like they won't even give Ballard a chance to draft idk about you but id rather have young studs on rookie contracts then old expensive vets.

its because they think those players would have the same success rate they had with their other team...... They just dont get the fact that only a handful of players traded (and  big named players signed in FA for that matter) in modern league history have had the same or similar impacts for the new teams they go too.  Jimmy Graham for example, not doing so hot in Seattle. Same with Haynesworth a few years back.  

52 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Agree with that, however I'd have no problem trading a draft pick for a proven player who's just coming off his rookie contract. 

The odds of any draft pick being what you want him to be gets slimmer with each round.  You only have to look at our 13 draft to see that.  So there's nothing wrong with getting a guy you know can play.  Sure, he's going to cost more but you know what you're getting.

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Who said he was?  You think the stodgy owners want him spouting off about how other players are being black balled, not to mention what he said about his own coach?

It's a combination of him voicing his opinions about the coaching and his age/salary.  HIs contract expires next year, right?  They're going to have to pay a few guys soon so if they can unload him for a high pick, they're smart to do so.  The Steelers and Patriots have been doing that for years.

Oh, I think I misinterpreted what you wrote.  When you said they want him to shut up and play, I thought you meant in reference to the trade talks.  That's why I was confused and said he didn't start up any of the trade speculation.  You mean he shouldn't talk so much in general.  Fair point

Asking price is too high. I'm assuming a high pick is 3rd round or better, and good player would be a Donte Moncrief type. If that's the case, the Colts would be getting fleeced in that deal, especially considering that they'd be taking on his $13mil per year contract. No thanks.

I could justify giving them Dorsett and one of our 4th rounders, but that's as much as I'd be willing to part with for a 29 year old corner.

Agree with that, however I'd have no problem trading a draft pick for a proven player who's just coming off his rookie contract. 

The odds of any draft pick being what you want him to be gets slimmer with each round.  You only have to look at our 13 draft to see that.  So there's nothing wrong with getting a guy you know can play.  Sure, he's going to cost more but you know what you're getting.

I'll trade late picks but trading 1st and 2nd rounders is stupid 

3 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Oh, I think I misinterpreted what you wrote.  When you said they want him to shut up and play, I thought you meant in reference to the trade talks.  That's why I was confused and said he didn't start up any of the trade speculation.  You mean he shouldn't talk so much in general.  Fair point

Hmm, maybe we both were wrong?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/richard-sherman-trade-talks-reportedly-started-because-he-wants-out-of-seattle/

Too broad a statement.  If we would have traded our first round pick in 2013 for Sherman, would it have been stupid?

We are talking about an almost 30 year old Sherman? If we trade a top pick for a young player sure I'm down but there is no way in hell I'm trading a 1st or second for a damn near 30 year old corner 

55 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

We are talking about an almost 30 year old Sherman? If we trade a top pick for a young player sure I'm down but there is no way in hell I'm trading a 1st or second for a damn near 30 year old corner 

You're agreeing that it's okay to trade a high draft pick for a young proven player, right?  That's all I said.  

I never said I wanted to trade for Sherman. I don't want him on our team unless it's for a 3 or 4.  

3 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

You're agreeing that it's okay to trade a high draft pick for a young proven player, right?  That's all I said.  

I never said I wanted to trade for Sherman. I don't want him on our team unless it's for a 3 or 4.  

Yeah we agree lol 

3 hours ago, Smonroe said:

That's interesting.  I didn't know about that.  I did know he clashed with coaches a bit.  Maybe his whole shtick is getting tiring in Seattle?  They're tired of him, he's tired of them

2 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

What about Moncrief and a 2nd?

They might, but I'd rather keep Moncrief.  When he's healthy, Moncrief has the physical tools of a #1 receiver.  I'd rather keep a young #1 receiver and a 2nd round pick than give them up for a 30 year old #1 CB

24 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

They might, but I'd rather keep Moncrief.  When he's healthy, Moncrief has the physical tools of a #1 receiver.  I'd rather keep a young #1 receiver and a 2nd round pick than give them up for a 30 year old #1 CB

Got a point there and I see your point moncrief the last two season when on the field has been a touchdown machine for us.

If we continue to run a press coverage, he just does not fit our system anyway. Great in zone coverage, and although very good, I don't think people take into account how much Earl Thomas helps him. Certain players are great due to the system. Sherman in our system would be good, but not nearly the career he has had. When was the last time a high prospect was traded and it worked out really well for the other team, except for Revis and NE, and that was one year. Then they let him walk, and it was downhill.