Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kiper Jr. & McShay 2-round dueling mock draft for Colts

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

In the Bold Prediction draft topic I said that I think Foster falls to the Colts pick. It looks like ILB will be BPA at our pick. Its either Foster, Reddick, or Davis IMO.

I've thought for a while that ILB could be the best player available at a position of need for the Colts at 15. Drafting Jarrad Davis at 15 would be a reach though. I'd be fine with either Foster or Reddick.

I hope Ballard is able to trade down and still get one of these ILBs. I think Reddick could be had around pick 20. Davis could be had late 1st, early 2nd.

If Tim Williams is there in RD2. I mean we have to take him. Potential to be a top 5 EDGE rusher in the NFL available in RD2??? Yeah. It doesn't matter if we have already taken a Takk or Harris in RD1. We cant pass on a talent like T-Will. I think Williams will be a double digit sack machine in the NFL.

8 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

If Tim Williams is there in RD2. I mean we have to take him. Potential to be a top 5 EDGE rusher in the NFL available in RD2??? Yeah. It doesn't matter if we have already taken a Takk or Harris in RD1. We cant pass on a talent like T-Will. I think Williams will be a double digit sack machine in the NFL.

Nothing really related to your post, but I gotta ask, why do you always capitalize "EDGE?"

53 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Nothing really related to your post, but I gotta ask, why do you always capitalize "EDGE?"

I do the same thing...I think its because position letters are abbrevited all caps.  EDGE isn't an abbreviation but it signifies you're talking about a position not the word.

19 minutes ago, ztboiler said:

I do the same thing...I think its because position letters are abbrevited all caps.  EDGE isn't an abbreviation but it signifies you're talking about a position not the word.

that makes sense.  I don't have a problem with it in any way, I just see it posted both ways and was curious.

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

Every player in the draft has potential to become top 5 at his position.   

5 hours ago, BProland85 said:

I've thought for a while that ILB could be the best player available at a position of need for the Colts at 15. Drafting Jarrad Davis at 15 would be a reach though. I'd be fine with either Foster or Reddick.

I hope Ballard is able to trade down and still get one of these ILBs. I think Reddick could be had around pick 20. Davis could be had late 1st, early 2nd.

Why do you say Davis would be a reach? He's every bit the athlete as Reddick and has great tape playing ILB. 

25 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Why do you say Davis would be a reach? He's every bit the athlete as Reddick and has great tape playing ILB. 

Based on most if not all projections on where he should be drafted. I continuously keep up to date on draft stock for players of need for the Colts and right now Davis is regarded as a late 1st/early 2nd. I think health plays a role in the ranking along with Reddick's versatility over Davis. 

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

A scout I have full reports from calls for Reddick at #35 and Adams at #37 in ranking this draft.  Foster was ranked #10 by this same scout. Our pick is #15.  Draw your own conclusions...

Now, who is Davis?  Corey Davis? Davis Webb?

EDIT: A scout I have full reports from calls for Reddick at #35 and Davis at #37 in ranking this

Am I the only one who thinks we need as many picks as we can get this year?  Seems like the draft is really loaded defensively!!!!!  Especially with Safeties, Corners, Linebackers and LB/DE tweener types...

I really like  Reddick from Temple,  Foster,   McMillan from OSU,  Davis from Florida,  and Williams from Bama

Safeties:   Melinofwu (UConn),  Hooker,  Adams,  Baker (Wash),  Jones (NC State), Peppers

Corners:  : Lattimore, Conley,  Lewis (UM)  King (Iowa),  Wilson (Florida),  Tabor (Florida),  Humphreys (Bama)

DE:   Harris,  Thomas,  Lawson, Watts, Barnett, McKinley, etc

Just seems like there are so many really solid guys this year.... I'm just praying we don't take a tight end with the first pick...LOL

54 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

A scout I have full reports from calls for Reddick at #35 and Adams at #37 in ranking this draft.  Foster was ranked #10 by this same scout. Our pick is #15.  Draw your own conclusions...

Now, who is Davis?  Corey Davis? Davis Webb?

Jarrad Davis from Florida

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Ahh, thought so, I wrote down the wrong name.  Reddick was ranked #35 and Davis ranked #37.  Nearly equal.  Make sense now...

My bad.

That makes a lot more sense now. However Davis isn't a projection at ILB so he'd technically be a safer pick?

8 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Who's Mel Ki... never mind, too easy. 

I always like to point out that McShay once mocked Ryan Nassib to be the 8th player taken that year.  He should have lost his press credentials for that alone.

????

I've posted a number of times that CBS Sports called Nassib the number one prospect in the entire draft in December of the year he came out.   Not the top QB,  the top overall prospect.   5 months later he went in the 4th round.I 

I read McShay and I honestly don't recall that.    (Not saying you're wrong.)    But I'd guess that perhaps he might have mocked Nassib going in the first a year before he was drafted  or perhaps in September of his senior year,  so 6--8 months before he was drafted.       But it's hard to believe he mocked Nassib that high once the season was under way or in the Jan-April run-up to the draft.      Any recollection on this?       I don't mean to be splitting hairs here,   just very curious about it.....

6 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

That makes a lot more sense now. However Davis isn't a projection at ILB so he'd technically be a safer pick?

I've seen a number of projections that say he could play inside just as easily as outside.    A read one write-up that called him a thumper,  a MIKE.

I think a number of viewpoints are different on Davis....

14 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

????

I've posted a number of times that CBS Sports called Nassib the number one prospect in the entire draft in December of the year he came out.   Not the top QB,  the top overall prospect.   5 months later he went in the 4th round.I 

I read McShay and I honestly don't recall that.    (Not saying you're wrong.)    But I'd guess that perhaps he might have mocked Nassib going in the first a year before he was drafted  or perhaps in September of his senior year,  so 6--8 months before he was drafted.       But it's hard to believe he mocked Nassib that high once the season was under way or in the Jan-April run-up to the draft.      Any recollection on this?       I don't mean to be splitting hairs here,   just very curious about it.....

Yeah, it's comical now, isn't it?  To his credit, he made a better choice for us than we did.  

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1612324-todd-mcshay-2013-nfl-mock-draft-last-look-at-mcshays-predictions

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Yeah, it's comical now, isn't it?  To his credit, he made a better choice for us than we did.  

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1612324-todd-mcshay-2013-nfl-mock-draft-last-look-at-mcshays-predictions

Wow.....         that's just astounding....       I mean,   I don't mind the logic that says his former HC and OC from College were now at Buffalo....    but perhaps you can still use that same logic to say take the kid in the 2nd round,  or the 3rd round.       But first round?      And 8th overall?

Wow........       yeah,  that one belongs in the whoops column.....

And boy,  wouldn't we have all loved his pick for the Colts,  Xavier Rhodes....     a tandem of Rhodes and Davis would've made us an infinitely better defense.....

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I've posted a number of times that CBS Sports called Nassib the number one prospect in the entire draft in December of the year he came out.   Not the top QB,  the top overall prospect.   5 months later he went in the 4th round.

Several years ago I recall one of the really early mock drafts had Curtis Painter as the #1 overall pick.

43 minutes ago, ponyboy said:

Several years ago I recall one of the really early mock drafts had Curtis Painter as the #1 overall pick.

Yikes.....     do you recall who made that projection?

I've often said there's a LOT of really bad websites that try to do mock drafts.....     I wonder which one this was?

BPA is the only way...

I'd be ecstatic with Foster and Williams if they were available in those spots... I don't see the value in taking an O-Lineman with either of the picks unless Ballard thinks the player is special. As deep as the Edge class seems to be, they will fly off the shelves in the first couple rounds... 

I am really loving this draft class when it comes to the talent/need intersect as it pertains to the Colts. With 7 picks in 5 rounds, I really hope that we can capitalize on the depth in the CB, Edge, RB, TE, and S classes. There should be studs available at these positions throughout our draft, with the possible exception of the fifth round. They will fall because many teams still need QBs, WRs, and OTs and will overdraft the heck out of them like happens every year.

13 hours ago, ponyboy said:

After his junior year he was being talked about as a possible first rounder, but never #1 overall. I think you misread that. He showed his truly colors his senior year anyway.

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 1:25 AM, NewColtsFan said:

Yikes.....     do you recall who made that projection?

I've often said there's a LOT of really bad websites that try to do mock drafts.....     I wonder which one this was?

I don't recall who it was, but it was an early mock before the start of the college season -- like the 2018 mock draft that walterfootball has out now.