Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Osweiller Is Out (?)

King Colt

The Texans re not hiding their disdain for Osweiller saying hey are looking to fill their never ending black hole at the QB position. ESPN said maybe it's not the QB but all the other areas around that position. Osweiller is seeking no help in his poor performance while the Eagle QB, Wentz has gone to a guru to address his fundamentals during the off season.

15 minutes ago, King Colt said:

The Texans re not hiding their disdain for Osweiller saying hey are looking to fill their never ending black hole at the QB position. ESPN said maybe it's not the QB but all the other areas around that position. Osweiller is seeking no help in his poor performance while the Eagle QB has gone to a guru to address his fundamentals during the off season.

Cant go into next season with Brock and Savage, can they?

Get Jay Cutler a 10-galloon hat and some spurs and send him down there

Yup. After this past season they realized that Mariota is the real deal. The Titans will be coming to play next season make no mistake. And we just sent Grigson out the door. A good draft and free agency with a healthy Luck means 'ole Brocky won't be able to keep up. 

They need a star QB and fast. 

What if.... what if Tony Romo joins the group? 

12 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

If they swing a trade for Drew Brees, they could be Super Bowl contenders

Can there cap handle that was reading yesterday that it's unlikely they could bring in another 25 mil QB with Brock getting a guaranteed 25 mil  . The article also stated Vegas odds has Romo as there starting QB next season .

15 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Cant go into next season with Brock and Savage, can they?

Get Jay Cutler a 10-galloon hat and some spurs and send him down there

Who would want Cutler, a verified and proven flop?

Having lived here since 1979 I have yet to see anyone wearing a ten gallon hat and or spurs. Do you know Sam Houston died?

16 minutes ago, King Colt said:

What ESPN was getting at was the offensive coordinator, the coach, etc. Houston has been a revolving door for QBs with no end in sight.

TBH, even without slightest bias against Houston, I don't think anyone can say that they have handled their QB situation anything but terribadly.

Not sure why Rick Smith still has a job.

Sine drafting Dave Ragone in the 3rd at the 2003 NFL draft, Texans have not used one single draft pick in the first 3 round on a quarterback. Despite it being a major need for most of that time. They did trade two 2nd rounders for Matt Schaub though.

TJ Yates and Tom Savage are the only QBs they have drafted higher than 5th round since 2003.

At least other organizations that have failed for years to find franchise QB have taken shots at it. Texans are either too proud/stupid/afraid/whatever to even try draft one high. Or even often.

I'd draft a QB every year if I didn't have a great one.

3 hours ago, B~Town said:

Can there cap handle that was reading yesterday that it's unlikely they could bring in another 25 mil QB with Brock getting a guaranteed 25 mil  . The article also stated Vegas odds has Romo as there starting QB next season .

Cutting Osweiler would net them another $6 mil in cap space.  If they wanted to, I'm sure they could figure it out.

19 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Cutting Osweiler would net them another $6 mil in cap space.  If they wanted to, I'm sure they could figure it out.

It would actually be the opposite; if Osweiler is cut pre-June, it would create 6M of extra penalties/dead cap for the Texans. His cap hitis 19M, if cut pre-June, dead money number is 25M.

16M in guaranteed base salary this season and 9M left of prorated signing bonus.

57 minutes ago, Finball said:

It would actually be the opposite; if Osweiler is cut pre-June, it would create 6M of extra penalties/dead cap for the Texans. His cap hitis 19M, if cut pre-June, dead money number is 25M.

16M in guaranteed base salary this season and 9M left of prorated signing bonus.

42 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Whoops, my mistake.  I misinterpreted the data.  Thanks for catching that!