Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Updates (Lots of Info)

TKnight24

6 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Okay but who? Everyone else is equally trash.

Anybody between Ayers, Mcnary, Rhodes, King.  Somebody with speed on those passing downs.   It's not like there's  smorgas board to choose from but one of them is better.

25 minutes ago, krunk said:

Anybody between Ayers, Mcnary, Rhodes, King.  Somebody with speed on those passing downs.   It's not like there's  smorgas board to choose from but one of them is better.

I'm sure there will be lots of subbing and creative packages used by Monachino and co. But in general, the ILB performance this sunday may very well decide who wins this game. I have no doubt in my mind Andrew Luck can outscore Brock. But with Lamar Miller, plus some of the other play makers the Texans got like Hopkins, I see no reason why Houston can't win this game, if our defense doesn't hold up.

And it's not just Morrison, I'm worried about Edwin too. He played great vs the Jets, and if he plays like that Sunday than it's all good, but will he? Remember, he's still a young undrafted free agent. I'm not banking anything with him just yet. Plus, he's the new signal caller for the D. Big role for him this sunday and I just hope he doesn't get overwhelmed. 

1 minute ago, NorthernBlue said:

I'm sure there will be lots of subbing and creative packages used by Monachino and co. But in general, the ILB performance this sunday may very well decide who wins this game. I have no doubt in my mind Andrew Luck can outscore Brock. But with Lamar Miller, plus some of the other play makers the Texans got like Hopkins, I see no reason why Houston can't win this game, if our defense doesn't hold up.

And it's not just Morrison, I'm worried about Edwin too. He played great vs the Jets, and if he plays like that Sunday than it's all good, but will he? Remember, he's still a young undrafted free agent. I'm not banking anything with him just yet. Plus, he's the new signal caller for the D. Big role for him this sunday and I just hope he doesn't get overwhelmed. 

Will Fuller will be another factor in this game as well.  He didn't play the first time.

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

Will Fuller will be another factor in this game as well.  He didn't play the first time.

He hasn't exactly lit it up after his two 100 yard receiving games to start the season, but yeah. Definitely someone who can make an impact. Having Patrick Robinson back would be huge.

Also hoping Vontae's ankle can hold up. I have no doubt in my mind that he can cover Hopkins 1 on 1 no problem, but if he's hurt, that would be a huge issue. 

17 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

He hasn't exactly lit it up after his two 100 yard receiving games to start the season, but yeah. Definitely someone who can make an impact. Having Patrick Robinson back would be huge.

Also hoping Vontae's ankle can hold up. I have no doubt in my mind that he can cover Hopkins 1 on 1 no problem, but if he's hurt, that would be a huge issue. 

I just fear the speed a little bit going deep.  They didn't really have a deep threat last time other than Jaelen Strong who Obrien loves to give action to against us.

Texans' Jaelen Strong hopes to continue mastery of Colts https://t.co/AFSQck2s4j via @houstonchron

1 hour ago, braveheartcolt said:

A lot of neck injury experts in this thread. I would like to become one......where do I learn the skills please?

Send me $59.99 plus shipping and handling cash or money order and I'll send you everything you need to know.  This is a limited time offer and if you do your order within 24 hours we will also include a free viewing of the moon!

5 hours ago, Somewhere ovr the Waynebow said:

But would you put in? I'd rather play Morrison then Mcnary.  Truth there is no good options.  I'm surprised they didn't sign Nate Irving or workout a vet like James laurenitus (maybe they did and press doesn't know.)

Man at this point I would try deon king and see what he has to offer

7 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Except Morrison is the slowest LB i have seen in 40 + years.
 A Joke he was drafted by anyone.

We took him in the 4th the 125th player picked. Then Grig's and Pagano acted like they pulled a fast one. He sucks The Blythe pick was just as bad a pure C after spending the 18th overall on a C. 

If Morrison spends significant time on the field we are in trouble He lacks instincts speed really it's difficult to find a positive in his game. I guess he hits if you run into him

5 hours ago, krunk said:

I just fear the speed a little bit going deep.  They didn't really have a deep threat last time other than Jaelen Strong who Obrien loves to give action to against us.

Texans' Jaelen Strong hopes to continue mastery of Colts https://t.co/AFSQck2s4j via @houstonchron

I'm not sure Osweiler can hit them.  He has been bad lately and getting worse IMHO.

On 12/7/2016 at 6:00 PM, NorthernBlue said:

Came in yo say this. Vontae locked up Marshall and threw away the key. He needs to to do the same to Hopkins. I'm also not worried about Fuller. Melvin has played great and Butler made plays all day against the Jets. It's Miller on the ground who scares me.

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 3:00 PM, NorthernBlue said:

Vontae did a Great job on Hopkins in Houston.

On 12/7/2016 at 6:57 PM, Boiler_Colt said:

I wonder how Geathers hurt his neck, did he do it in practice? Lifting? I seem to remember he was practicing last week while being in the protocol. If it was related to the hit on Murray that's pretty delayed.

I think i remember reading it was a practice injury.