Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Time to replace LOS turf [Merge]

cmgww

16 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

One way Irsay can improve the team without finding quality replacements for both HC and GM is to replace the surface playing field at LOS. Below is a report showing that Indy has one of the harder surfaces in the NFL, thus resulting in many injuries each year. The 2nd link I posted is the surface I hope they get to increase the health and longevity of the players. 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.stampedeblue.com/platform/amp/2016/10/31/13481414/chiefs-say-playing-surface-at-lucas-oil-stadium-one-of-worst-in-nfl

http://www.patriots.com/news/2014/03/24/gillette-stadium-upgrading-field-surface

are you the guy that emails JMV's show about this?

1 hour ago, BProland85 said:

One way Irsay can improve the team without finding quality replacements for both HC and GM is to replace the surface playing field at LOS. Below is a report showing that Indy has one of the harder surfaces in the NFL, thus resulting in many injuries each year. The 2nd link I posted is the surface I hope they get to increase the health and longevity of the players. 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.stampedeblue.com/platform/amp/2016/10/31/13481414/chiefs-say-playing-surface-at-lucas-oil-stadium-one-of-worst-in-nfl

http://www.patriots.com/news/2014/03/24/gillette-stadium-upgrading-field-surface

Playing surface isn't making or breaking this team, if it was good enough for Manning & Co, there's no reason it shouldn't be good enough for the Luck era Colts. Plus, when we play New England or Pittsburgh on the road, on their "updated" surfaces, we get smashed.

1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Playing surface isn't making or breaking this team, if it was good enough for Manning & Co, there's no reason it shouldn't be good enough for the Luck era Colts. Plus, when we play New England or Pittsburgh on the road, on their "updated" surfaces, we get smashed.

None of that really has anything to do with injuries though. 

2 hours ago, BProland85 said:

We need to do something...We always have an abnormal number of injuries and it cripples us..

4 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Merged

2 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

We need to do something...We always have an abnormal number of injuries and it cripples us..

I'm hoping it doesn't enter into a FA's decision on whether to come here or not.  But with other teams complaining it probably would.  Our luck the Chiefs are one of the teams. 

On 12/28/2016 at 7:52 PM, NewColtsFan said:

LOS is only about 10 years old.      That's not typically old by turf standards.    At least,   not that I'm aware of.

And I don't know if it's already been replaced once?      It might be.

You're never going to get a turf --- any turf --- where concussions or injuries are eliminated.     It's football,  bad stuff happens.

I'm all in favor of improving the quality of the turf.      I just don't want to make a change for the sake of making a change.

Agreed. Change for the sake of change is not a good thing. Change needs to be necessary

2 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

It does seem like the Colts always have quite a number of injuries. I know all teams have injuries but Indianapolis does seem to have really unfortunate injuries year in and year out

2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Agreed. Change for the sake of change is not a good thing. Change needs to be necessary

Agreed but when advancing technology can improve the safety of our players and cut down injuries than it becomes necessary.  You don't wait for the life expectancy of the turf to expire.  This is the NFL.  Just do it.

On 11/22/2016 at 2:14 PM, Fisticuffs111 said:

Apparently multiple Chiefs players complained too, said it was like playing on concrete.

That is correct:

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2016/10/31/13481414/chiefs-say-playing-surface-at-lucas-oil-stadium-one-of-worst-in-nfl

The players that play hold a lot more weight to me than a writer from 5 years ago.

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Agreed but when advancing technology can improve the safety of our players and cut down injuries than it becomes necessary.  You don't wait for the life expectancy of the turf to expire.  This is the NFL.  Just do it.

Like I said, it does seem like the Colts have more really unfortunate injuries year in and year out than most teams. Maybe a lot of that has to do with the turf that they play on 8 games a year

On 11/22/2016 at 3:57 AM, cmgww said:

Let me preface this by saying....yes I know Luck gets hit a lot. I know he's the most sacked QB this season. I get all that. With that being said....

IRSAY! Pony up the money and replace the turf at Lucas Oil Stadium! It is regarded around the league as one of the worst artificial surfaces in the NFL. I'm pretty sure it's nearly 10 years old, I think it's the stuff they installed at the RCA dome and moved it over....They have come out with newer, better versions of Field Turf.

The play that Luck suffered the concussion occurred when he was sacked in the 4th quarter and his head bounced off that hard turf. I'm not saying that it was the only reason, or that newer turf means no concussion. But there have been a lot of players hurt and that old turf is one of the culprits, IMO.....just venting....

Jim irsay is not going to give a dime out of his own pocket, he's not the owner of the stadium. 

If a new surface is going to be installed, expect yet another tax raise in indy ;) 

On 11/21/2016 at 9:57 PM, cmgww said:

Let me preface this by saying....yes I know Luck gets hit a lot. I know he's the most sacked QB this season. I get all that. With that being said....

IRSAY! Pony up the money and replace the turf at Lucas Oil Stadium! It is regarded around the league as one of the worst artificial surfaces in the NFL. I'm pretty sure it's nearly 10 years old, I think it's the stuff they installed at the RCA dome and moved it over....They have come out with newer, better versions of Field Turf.

The play that Luck suffered the concussion occurred when he was sacked in the 4th quarter and his head bounced off that hard turf. I'm not saying that it was the only reason, or that newer turf means no concussion. But there have been a lot of players hurt and that old turf is one of the culprits, IMO.....just venting....

I see NO reason Irsay would be "cheap" and thats the reason it wasnt replaced.  THAT theory is nonsence.  Jim has always had NO problem opening his wallet.  History has shown he has had no problem throwing money at the team whethervit be facilities or personnel.

now i dont know if it is a goal d or bad field, but its not because Jim is trying to save a buck.  

Thats like buying a ferrari and being too cheap to add oil.

just not happening.

14 hours ago, CroatianColtsFan21 said:

Jim irsay is not going to give a dime out of his own pocket, he's not the owner of the stadium. 

If a new surface is going to be installed, expect yet another tax raise in indy ;) 

Ok, so you really think he would be ok with risking hundreds of million dollars spent on his players just to save a nickel in comparison?

ridculous.  Use your head