Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chuck Pagano Is The New Coach Of The Indianapolis Colts (Merge)

MSColtsFan

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys just becuase he ran a 3/4 in Balitomore doesn't mean that is what we are going to run. He coached alot of places & some were 4/3 defenses. If we did convert to a 3/4 I could easily see Mathis being retianed as A rush LB & Freeney being a rush down guy or released or traded. His cap # next year is 14 Millon I believe? Mathus could easily be Suggs, Bethea/ Reed & well we will work on the Lewis charcter!

You are right. Baltimore runs plenty of 4-3 in games, and hybrids of the 3-4. I do not see how Mathis or Freeney can play a 3-4 though. Hughes might be the happiest Colt today. But to make Mathis a stand up 3-4 OLB is a huge stretch. Asking Freeney to stand up on the edge as a 3-4 DE is a tall order too. Not ideal sizes for those roles. But I suppose they've overcome those kinds of issues for most of their lives. We'll see......

*MEDIA ADVISORY* COLTS TO HOLD 3 P.M. PRESS CONFERENCE TOMORROW TO ANNOUNCE CHUCK PAGANO AS TEAM’S NEW HEAD COACH

What not till tomorrow? How does this stuff get leaked? JIm, geesh! IMO if they really wanted only a couple people could have leaked this - Grigs, Pagano, or Irsay. Until an official announcement is made who else would need to know?

Yes, he had a great D in Baltimore, but he had all of the personnel in place. We are no where near that talented on D. Besides, with an outstanding D, but a mediocre offense, it has been 11 years since they went to the Super Bowl. He now has to take an old team that is being gutted and have it win.

The only way that we can even think about playing the free agent market is to let a bunch of people walk including Wayne, Clark, Garcon, and Manning. I predict that on March 8th, the Colts will announce that Manning has failed his physical and his contract is not renewed saving that huge roster bonus and the 7 million in salary. I also predict that on March 31, at least three other teams have announced that Manning has passed their medical staff's examination and negotiations are underway to lure him to their team.

Oh boy. I'm probably one of the few that will say this. I'm less than thrilled with a head coach that only has one year of coordinator experience in the NFL His defense this year was incredible but still I, personally, would rather have someone that has more experience running the entire show, not someone who has spent a year focusing on one aspect of the game.

What not till tomorrow? How does this stuff get leaked? JIm, geesh! IMO if they really wanted only a couple people could have leaked this - Grigs, Pagano, or Irsay. Until an official announcement is made who else would need to know?

What makes you think it was leaked? It sounds like it was announced and the official press conference will be tomorrow.

You are right. Baltimore runs plenty of 4-3 in games, and hybrids of the 3-4. I do not see how Mathis or Freeney can play a 3-4 though. Hughes might be the happiest Colts today. But to make Mathis a stand up 3-4 OLB is a huge stretch. Asking Freeney to stand up on the edge as a 3-4 DE is a tall order too. Not ideal sizes for those roles. But I suppose they've overcome those kinds of issues for most of their lives. We'll see......

I see Mathis honestly doing it very well honestly. He very athlitic & all over the field. Honestly his size his that of a rush Lb not a 4/3 DE. Freeney could have some problems I agree. Hadn't even thought about Hughes, but yes you are right he might be happy, maybe this will modavite him & he won't be a wasted pick?

What makes you think it was leaked? It sounds like it was announced and the official press conference will be tomorrow.

I never heard it from the horses mouth nor anyone in the Colts office ... and Irsay seems to indicate that this was leaked. Thats why I think it was leaked.

I was reading the Ravens forum the other day and they were really upset that we were interviewing him. They really like the guy. I hope he brings the Ravens 3-4 and 4-3 hybrids. Great pick Irsay!

Bad news though... Bob Kravitz was on 790theticket and he said that he was 99.9% sure that Peyton gets cut after that long interview with him yesterday.

Just a little history.

Taken from NFL.com

"Pagano was the Ravens' secondary coach from 2008 to 2010. He served in the same capacity with the Cleveland Browns from 2001-04, then coached the Raiders' defensive backs from 2005-06.

Prior to joining the Ravens, Pagano spent the 2007 season as the defensive coordinator at the University of North Carolina. Pagano spent several seasons in the college ranks, including at Miami, where he was the secondary coach and special teams coordinator from 1995-2000."

I never heard it from the horses mouth nor anyone in the Colts office ... and Irsay seems to indicate that this was leaked. Thats why I think it was leaked.

my impression is it came from someone in Baltimore when Pagano gave his notice. I wouldn't expect the Colts to announce before he gave notice

I was reading the Ravens forum the other day and they were really upset that we were interviewing him. They really like the guy. I hope he brings the Ravens 3-4 and 4-3 hybrids. Great pick Irsay!

Bad news though... Bob Kravitz was on 790theticket and he said that he was 99.9% sure that Peyton gets cut after that long interview with him yesterday.

The good news though, is that Bob Kravitz has no idea.....only a feeling.