Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm calling it now

3 minutes ago, MrNLM said:

Why is nobody including Dodd in any of these? Seriously wondering.

I am with you, but I think most see him as a better fit in a 4-3, IMO he'd fit just fine here...if him or Jack start to slip, I would start looking to make the trade up

If Whitehair fell and was chosen, then the OL would seem to be almost completely solved, with C & RG filled.  Only real remaining question would be if Good develops into the quality starting RT the Colts seem to think he can be.  With the OL then solved, pretty much all attention can then be shifted to the defense as the primary focus for improvement, not just this year, but next year too!

I still hope that Spence slides to the Colts pick, though.

7 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

If Whitehair fell and was chosen, then the OL would seem to be almost completely solved, with C & RG filled.  Only real remaining question would be if Good develops into the quality starting RT the Colts seem to think he can be.  With the OL then solved, pretty much all attention can then be shifted to the defense as the primary focus for improvement, not just this year, but next year too!

I still hope that Spence slides to the Colts pick, though.

I would think we would go with Reitz instead of Good in this scenario. I do not think we would want 3 basically rookie starters  protecting luck.

8 minutes ago, Sockerice said:

Have to imagine Jack will be one of the first off the board tonight with this latest report.

Every team has its own doctors look at it and decide on the risks. I doubt this report will have much influence on where he gets picked. If he gets picked early in the second it's simply because teams are OK with taking a chance in the second, not because an unaffiliated doctor said he doesn't need a surgery.

8 minutes ago, stitches said:

Every team has its own doctors look at it and decide on the risks. I doubt this report will have much influence on where he gets picked. If he gets picked early in the second it's simply because teams are OK with taking a chance in the second, not because an unaffiliated doctor said he doesn't need a surgery.

And since we're all speculating at this point ... Based on the idea that a doctor has indicated that he would not need surgery, other doctors may see something similar and opt to take him at the top of the second round.  

I can't speak to their specific reasons any more than you can, but I can make a logical connection between the two points.

23 minutes ago, Solon said:

Ogbah

I want Ogbah too. 

He could play end in our 4 man fronts and has great size and athleticism, which we lack in our outside pass rushers.

I remember seeing a game his sophomore year against FSU with Jameis Winston and Ogbah was all over the place. Sacked Jameis a few times and deflected a few passes as well. They lined him him up inside and out. 

I think Monachino could really develop him into a great player and he fills another need. I like to look for guys who add something unique to the roster and I feel like he satisfies that with his size and athleticism.  

1 hour ago, GoatBeard said:

I want Ogbah too. 

He could play end in our 4 man fronts and has great size and athleticism, which we lack in our outside pass rushers.

I remember seeing a game his sophomore year against FSU with Jameis Winston and Ogbah was all over the place. Sacked Jameis a few times and deflected a few passes as well. They lined him him up inside and out. 

I think Monachino could really develop him into a great player and he fills another need. I like to look for guys who add something unique to the roster and I feel like he satisfies that with his size and athleticism.  

I think you said the key word, Monachino.  Last night's clip had Grigson talking to Philbin, probably about the Kelly pick.  Now I know Grigson asked everyone to write down one name and Kelly was the groups favorite.  I'm betting Grigson valued Philbin's input as much as anybody's and more than some.  I wonder who's name Monachino would write down in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

On 4/29/2016 at 10:34 AM, danlhart87 said:

One of these 4 will be Colts pick in 2nd

Spence 

Calhoun 

Correa 

Fackrell 

On 4/29/2016 at 1:43 PM, Gigc said:

I think you should add Jihad Ward, Darian Thompson, Cody Whitehair and Spriggs to that list.

Not to mention, even possibly Derrick Henry if he slides.

On 4/29/2016 at 2:01 PM, MrNLM said:

Why is nobody including Dodd in any of these? Seriously wondering.

On 4/29/2016 at 3:54 PM, Solon said:

Ogbah

21 hours ago, stitches said:

I'm calling it - Colts will draft Yannick Ngakoue today!

nailed_it_RE_20th_Century_fox_theme_on_f

Such is the nature that is the NFL Draft.