Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If Luck dosent play next week, our season is over.

SilentHill

That's it, if he doesn't play it's over. I'm calling it now.

On the bright side, if we lose, we will have a decent draft pick.

I'm not sure what front office and coaching changes are coming if we lose next week, but i, sure they will, and the decision to let Arians walk looms large.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

That's it, if he doesn't play it's over. I'm calling it now.

On the bright side, if we lose, we will have a decent draft pick.

I'm not sure what front office and coaching changes are coming if we lose next week, but i, sure they will, and the decision to let Arians walk looms large.

Thanks for going out on a limb.  j/k  -- no, you are absolutely correct.

Yup.

If Luck doesn't play it's wrap city. If Luck plays we've got a good chance.

Call me crazy, but if Luck is healthy and plays (and we beat HOU), we could potentially be dangerous playoff team. Although our performances this season have been often sporadic, we've proven we can compete with everyone. We beat DEN (arguably the best AFC team), should of beat CAR (best NFL team), played tough with NE....

I know it's hard to see after a loss like this, but if Luck comes back anything can happen. Remember, Luck played a REALLY good game vs. DEN before he was knocked out with an injury.

7 minutes ago, Coltswarriors said:

Yup.

Call me crazy, but if Luck is healthy and plays (and we beat HOU), we could potentially be dangerous playoff team. Although our performances this season have been often sporadic, we've proven we can compete with everyone. We beat DEN (arguably the best AFC team), should of beat CAR (best NFL team), played tough with NE....

I know it's hard to see after a loss like this, but if Luck comes back anything can happen. Remember, Luck played a REALLY good game vs. DEN before he was knocked out with an injury.

Even with Luck this is not a potentially dangerous playoff team.  We have backups on our O-line playing tackle and mediocre players in the middle. Any team with a decent pass rush will expose them.  Our secondary is not good either and any team with more than one serious receiving threat will show that too.  Good offenses will keep our defense on the field until they are gassed and then start blowing them up like the what the Steelers and Jags did.  The only solid part of this team is the punting and kicking and that's not enough.

15 minutes ago, Coltswarriors said:

Yup.

I love your CAT quick way of thinking!

I actually think when Luck gets back the offense will level out a but because Luck knows both offenses  Chuds and Peps,   so the play calling will be smoother, and as long as Luck doesnt try to do it all on his own this team could make a run,  Players are getting healthy and even though Luck has been hurt he is rested and not been taking a beating for the last month.

20 minutes ago, Esquire59 said:

Why does anyone want to make the playoffs and get blown out at home in the wild card round?  Keep Pagano?

How is that better than getting top 15 draft picks, high rounders, return starters in 2016, new staff, 2nd or 3rd place schedule, etc. 

because having a shot in the playoffs is better than no shot.  Last time I checked around here the goal is to win the Super Bowl not get high draft picks and have two easier games next (that's the only difference in schedules from the division champ and any other team). 

That doesn't mean the Colts are going to go on some kind of miracle run but look around the AFC if the Colts can get healthy and get in and some how get past probably the Chiefs at home they are probably going to go play a beat team in the next round, if it's the Bengals or Broncos maybe a team without their starting QB and two teams the Colts matchup very well with.  Anything could happen in that game and if by some miracle they got to the AFCCG game anything can happen at that point. 

Again, I'd agree none of that is likely but at least if they are in the playoffs they have a shot of it happening.  I'd rather have that and a shot than no shot at all. 

2 minutes ago, SteelDragon said:

So? We win the AFC South again,  then what? 

You get a home playoff game and take your best shot in the playoffs.  We've seen it countless times anything can happen in the playoffs.  It doesn't mean a miracle run by the Colts is likely but I'd at least like for them to have the shot. 

10 minutes ago, Coltswarriors said:

Yup.

You asked for it..... You crazy :panic:

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Fully agree.  Like I said in another thread the only person who can save the Colts right now is Andrew Luck and I think he might not be healthy in enough time to do it. 

I think he will play knowing him but he may have to be cleared to play by the docs? I know he looked mad today walking up and down the sideline.

7 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

because having a shot in the playoffs is better than no shot.  Last time I checked around here the goal is to win the Super Bowl not get high draft picks and have two easier games next (that's the only difference in schedules from the division champ and any other team). 

That doesn't mean the Colts are going to go on some kind of miracle run but look around the AFC if the Colts can get healthy and get in and some how get past probably the Chiefs at home they are probably going to go play a beat team in the next round, if it's the Bengals or Broncos maybe a team without their starting QB and two teams the Colts matchup very well with.  Anything could happen in that game and if by some miracle they got to the AFCCG game anything can happen at that point. 

Again, I'd agree none of that is likely but at least if they are in the playoffs they have a shot of it happening.  I'd rather have that and a shot than no shot at all. 

Fully respect your take.  That's the way a fan should feel.  I just look at it differently.  While you're right about two games you left out all the other valuable future benefits.  We're spoiled. I get it.  But no one here wants a blow out at home in WC round.  Almost positive that'll happen.  I'll take my kicks now with a bright future over dismal playoff loss and resultant degradation in future impact.  My $0.02. 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think he will play knowing him but he may have to be cleared to play by the docs? I know he looked mad today walking up and down the sideline.

I am sure he's mad but a lacerated kidney and torn abdominal muscle aren't exactly things he can just play through.  If those aren't fully healed he's one bad hit from his carrier being over or worse.  I am sure he wants to play in the worst way possible but it's going to come down to is he healthy enough to play or not. 

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

I am sure he's mad but a lacerated kidney and torn abdominal muscle aren't exactly things he can just play through.  If those aren't fully healed he's one bad hit from his carrier being over or worse.  I am sure he wants to play in the worst way possible but it's going to come down to is he healthy enough to play or not. 

Yeah could be. Man that would stink if he cant go.

4 minutes ago, Esquire59 said:

Fully respect your take.  That's the way a fan should feel.  I just look at it differently.  While you're right about two games you left out all the other valuable future benefits.  We're spoiled. I get it.  But no one here wants a blow out at home in WC round.  Almost positive that'll happen.  I'll take my kicks now with a bright future over dismal playoff loss and resultant degradation in future impact.  My $0.02. 

It's not just the view a fan should take.  I want my front office always doing anything they can to win.  If they aren't they aren't the people I want running my team and more importantly I have a feeling those aren't the people Irsay wants running his team.

There isn't much to be gained from missing the playoffs.  Even if the Colts flame out in the playoffs you are talking about a draft position difference of a handful of spots.  That's not that much and a marginal difference.  Other than that you gain two "easier" games than the division champ would have next year.  That's not that much. 

The rewards of being in the playoffs is at least a chance to maybe do something in the playoffs and have the chance, as unlikely as it would be, to win a Super Bowl.  I'd much rather have that than sitting at home with no shot.