Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If Luck dosent play next week, our season is over.

SilentHill

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Luck has already said that he is not 100% healthy. So why play him at all for the rest of the season. Is this season over for the Colts? yes I think so.The o-line has been horrible, the defense has been playing lately like they were in quicksand. Irsay must face  the music on this season. Grigson and the coaching staff needs to go. Personally I think Grigson has been the trouble this season more than Pagano. But the sad part of this is that Pagano is being blame more than he should be.Because the reason that I say this is Grigson said that this was his roster from the start of the season. And if the head coach doesn't have some say as to the roster then how is he to coach players that don't fit his scheme.

13 minutes ago, bellboys said:

Luck has already said that he is not 100% healthy. So why play him at all for the rest of the season. Is this season over for the Colts? yes I think so.The o-line has been horrible, the defense has been playing lately like they were in quicksand. Irsay must face  the music on this season. Grigson and the coaching staff needs to go. Personally I think Grigson has been the trouble this season more than Pagano. But the sad part of this is that Pagano is being blame more than he should be.Because the reason that I say this is Grigson said that this was his roster from the start of the season. And if the head coach doesn't have some say as to the roster then how is he to coach players that don't fit his scheme.

I'd rather have all my silver fillings bored out and replaced at the same time and four simultaneous root canals than watch another Jags 50 burger.  I hope that doesn't become a restaurant.

1 hour ago, bellboys said:

Because the reason that I say this is Grigson said that this was his roster from the start of the season. And if the head coach doesn't have some say as to the roster then how is he to coach players that don't fit his scheme.

Change the scheme to maximize the talent of the players you have.  That's what really good coaches do, make adjustments. 

6 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Change the scheme to maximize the talent of the players you have. 

Very few head coaches are willing and able to do that.     But it's one major reason the patriots have been successful for so long.  The hoodie can morph his scheme to fit his personnel 

27 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Very few head coaches are willing and able to do that.     But it's one major reason the patriots have been successful for so long.  The hoodie can morph his scheme to fit his personnel 

As I recall, one of the greatest coaches of all-time, Don Shula, was also able to change things up to work best with what he had.  Like I said, it's a quality of a great "coach".  The whole "square peg, round hole" thing.  

Of of course a coach would like the GM to get all the pieces to fit the preferred scheme, but what a lot (most?) fans don't understand is that is a lot easier said than actually executed.  Ergo, when you don't have all the players you need for your scheme, you change the scheme to maximize the effectiveness of the players you do have.  If you can't do that, then you're not a very good head coach.