Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fire Manusky

SilentHill

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God, did things look easy for them on offense.  Every handoff - 10 yards.  Every 3rd down - a WR was standing wide open. 

We do well against the stone age type passing games, but anything creative like New England does with their route combinations - no prayer. 

I am not a manusky cheerleader and if we can find someone better I am all for it, but he can only do so much with the players he has:outside a couple of players the defense does not have much talent

I'll do it for half the salary and guarantee a WR won't be wide open every play.

I seen a stat before about manusky against Brady and Brady has dominated against his defenses

From the research I did several years ago when we first hired Manusky, I believe I remember noting that many of his defenses were underwhelming.  I think he had one good season where his defense was top 10, but he hasn't had anything like that since.

I seen a stat before about manusky against Brady and Brady has dominated against his defenses

Here's what I don't get. I keep hearing how Bellicheck talks to Chip Kelly about the up-tempo offense, or Nick Saban about the offensive philosophy.

Do the Colts talk to Pagano's former team, the Ravens? Does Pagano talk to his brother from the Chargers? They always give the Patriots a tough time and have a good game plan. Let's think outside the box.

Don't know where the fault exists, but I have felt many times during the Pagano era that this team is unprepared for big games. It seems like we often get out-schemed and out hustled. 

Stopping the run is 70% heart in my opinion......we don't always play with fire. That starts with the coaching staff in my opinion.

Don't know where the fault exists, but I have felt many times during the Pagano era that this team is unprepared for big games. It seems like we often get out-schemed and out hustled. 

Stopping the run is 70% heart in my opinion......we don't always play with fire. That starts with the coaching staff in my opinion.

starts  and stops with 

Fire Manusky

I'll do it for half the salary and guarantee a WR won't be wide open every play.

Like I said it wouldn't hurt my feelings if he is replaced.... but we have no pass rush, and shaky safeties ... we cant get a pass rush so he has to pull to blitz (which hasnt been that effective in several games) or we dont blitz and try to cover, but than you give Brady all day to throw...pick your poison.  We won't compete with the elite teams until we get some better players. 

"sigh" I was hoping not to see this kind of past tonight I am not shocked that I did. 

This coaching staff has gone 11-5 three straight years and taken a major step each year in the post-season.  The coaches aren't getting fired.  Just come to grips with it. 

Frankly tonight I think we just saw that the Colts players on defense just aren't good enough.  If your players aren't good enough it doesn't matter what game plan you come up with it's not going to work.  I know it's maddening because the Pats can't run like this on other teams and the Colts don't get run on like this by other teams.  Still there is just something about this match up that gives the Colts all kinds of fits. 

Frankly I think the Colts need to look into overhauling the front seven this off-season.  You have two good pass rushing linebackers in Newsome and Mathis (if he can come back healthy) and then two MLBers that sometimes play really well and other times struggle.  Tonight though the Colts front line might as well have just not been there.  This is the area I think the Colts need to take a major look at.  The ends and NT spot just aren't good enough.  You also have too look at the OLBer spot in terms of getting a run stuffer.  Walden has been invisible since about the first quarter of the season and clearly Werner was so disappointing the Colts didn't even dress him tonight.   

The other area that they clearly have to address is the safety spot.  I think Mike Adams showed enough you bring him back but you need someone at the other safety spot. 

While the OP gave no good reasons (heck, no reasons at all LOL) I mean the Colts need to make some defensive strides...something they failed to do miserably with Peyton Manning's teams.

We have been sub-par to say the least in almost every single game defensively. We did super well against say Cincy and Denver this year but otherwise not much to speak of. We have some key players I think such as Davis (especially), Redding, Jones, and hopefully Mathis next year (but I won't hold my breath on his performance). We've had some key pickups I think in Mike Adams and D'Qwell Jackson (despite what a lot say). 

We just need to make some defensive moves on the entire coaching staff side and definitely need to acquire a few good free agents.

Do it... do it now.

I mean so much insight into this post...I am going to be up all night pondering this.

Another thing that got old was hearing how we could cover guys out of bunched formations. This was brought up since week 7 and yet we never made an adjustment still always came out shocked a team would do that against us. That has to be blamed on the coaches. How many times did we completely blow coverage on Edelman. I know it was quite a few wide open where both DNS covered the same guy and left him

"sigh" I was hoping not to see this kind of past tonight I am not shocked that I did. 

This coaching staff has gone 11-5 three straight years and taken a major step each year in the post-season.  The coaches aren't getting fired.  Just come to grips with it. 

Frankly tonight I think we just saw that the Colts players on defense just aren't good enough.  If your players aren't good enough it doesn't matter what game plan you come up with it's not going to work.  I know it's maddening because the Pats can't run like this on other teams and the Colts don't get run on like this by other teams.  Still there is just something about this match up that gives the Colts all kinds of fits. 

Frankly I think the Colts need to look into overhauling the front seven this off-season.  You have two good pass rushing linebackers in Newsome and Mathis (if he can come back healthy) and then two MLBers that sometimes play really well and other times struggle.  Tonight though the Colts front line might as well have just not been there.  This is the area I think the Colts need to take a major look at.  The ends and NT spot just aren't good enough.  You also have too look at the OLBer spot in terms of getting a run stuffer.  Walden has been invisible since about the first quarter of the season and clearly Werner was so disappointing the Colts didn't even dress him tonight.   

The other area that they clearly have to address is the safety spot.  I think Mike Adams showed enough you bring him back but you need someone at the other safety spot. 

Thanks for taking some time to post a thoughtful and appeasing post.

While I agree on most of this I still think Manusky is NOT the guy to get the players to do what they are supposed to...and I don't think he's the guy that can get the most out of them either. 

I agree we need to get bigger up front for sure and we definitely need another solid FS/S player. I think Manusky blitzed like about the 3rd/4th most in the NFL...and a lot of reason for that is because of how small we are up front and couldn't get pressure without blitzing. We do have some good players on defense and I think with a new coaching staff on the defensive side and some FA/Draft pickups we could improve tremendously.

AND...for the record I do think there is a 50/50 chance Manusky will be let go.