Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Our last 7 games...

oldunclemark

Nov. 22 LOSS - 4-6

at Atlanta...the Falcons have lost 3 of 4 and bluntly, are returning to the level of play they showed in 2014.

67 points scored in the last four games.

The Colts wont be favored but here's an upset chance because the Falcons have to have some doubts now.

Nov, 29 - WIN - 5-6

Tampa Bay...Must win. Bucs are 3-5 and have won 2 road games. Tampa has 3 losses by 14 or more.

Colts should get this one..

Dec. 6 - LOSS - 5-7

at Pittsburgh......Pivotal game with 4 wins and 4 road games left. the Colts have to win one away from home to get to 9-7. Big Ben should be back..Andrewe probably wont. When you looked at the scehedule at the start of the year this was a loss.

Dec. 13 - WIN - 6-7

at Jacksonville....This is the road game we have to get Jax (2-6) only have 2 3-point wins. they cant run the ball well..and they are used to losing to Indy. Must win

Dec. 20 - WIN - 7-7

Houston.....Texans don't run the ball well and they ask a lot of Brian Hoyer at QB.

Andrew Luck should be back and his return is needed to win this one against the occasionally tough Texans "D'.

Dec. 27 - LOSS - 7-8

at Miami.......Colts may have to win this one to make the playoffs...and it will be tough as the Dolphins may be at 7-7 with hope to get a wild card

Jan. 3 - WIN - 8-8

Tennessee....Win and in..Texans will have 8 losses...Jacksonville will have 9 or more.

Titans will have 8 or more. With modest hopes, Colts may be 7-8 going into this game and a win at home will clinch the AFC South at 8-8, a significant achievement since they will probably play 6 games without Andrew Luck...

your thoughts?

Definitely a realistic projection. Without breaking down each game I'd say 7-9 to 9-7 at the high end. 10-6 if they play pretty mistake free and inspired.

As said, we're so inconsistent I wouldn't be shocked if I could see into the future and see us losing a majority of those games.

But I'd say that's a pretty accurate assessment.

We'll go 9-7 and ride the momentum train into the playoffs like the 2011 Giants.

absolutely possible, BTM...we'd open the playoffs at home against somebody like the Raiders or the Steelers....

..we'd then have to travel twice to beats 2 of 3 teams (Denver, NE or Cincy)..

....we need Cincy to be the top seed because ..1.) we can win in Cincy and 2.) That would force a NE-Denver semifinal

....we probably need the Broncos to beat NE, which could only likely happen if the game was in Denver.

,..but we're going to make the playoffs if we win all our division games and beat Tampa

Call me crazy, but I see us ending up at 11-5 for the 4th straight year. Atlanta & Pittsburgh will be tough road games, but neither don't scare me enough to say we'll lose to them. Ben may be back by the time we play the Steelers, but if I remember correctly, they have Seattle the week before us in Seattle, & with his health in major question, it isn't out of the question that we may be facing them with Landry Jones as their QB. Jacksonville will also be tough since their offense seems to get better by the week, but I believe we'll pull that game out late & I see Andrew coming back for the last 2 games for Miami & Tennessee which should result in wins for us.

Nice analogy, OUM. I really think that the AFC South could very well come down to an 8-8 winner. The question is, will it be the Colts?

I think it will. Last week, I stated that the Colts would, in all likelihood, go 8-8 to 10-6. More sway to the 8-8/9-7. If we can continue to beat our divisional foes, we take it. MH can get hot. We've all seen that over the years. Just hope he stays healthy and we protect him.

That's the real key to this, IMO.

Nice analogy, OUM. I really think that the AFC South could very well come down to an 8-8 winner. The question is, will it be the Colts?

I think it will. Last week, I stated that the Colts would, in all likelihood, go 8-8 to 10-6. More sway to the 8-8/9-7. If we can continue to beat our divisional foes, we take it. MH can get hot. We've all seen that over the years. Just hope he stays healthy and we protect him.

That's the real key to this, IMO.

..and that's a good point...Andrew is out because he got hit too much. We have to protect Matt H even if it costs us a

few holding penalties. We will have to be conservative and run a little more...

8-8 and 6-0 wins the division and we're the only ones who can do that now.

Everybody else probably needs to be 9-7 and Tennessee (2-6) and Jacksonville (2-6) cant get to 9-7.

Houston could but they've have to beat the Jets AND Buffalo and us. Houston still has Cincy (8-0) and NE (8-0) to play.

Nov. 22 LOSS - 4-6

at Atlanta...the Falcons have lost 3 of 4 and bluntly, are returning to the level of play they showed in 2014.

The Colts wont be favored but here's an upset chance because the Falcons have to have some doubts now.

Nov, 29 - WIN - 5-6

Tampa Bay...Must win. Bucs are 3-5 and have won 2 road games. Tampa has 3 losses by 14 or more.

Dec. 6 - LOSS - 5-7

at Pittsburgh......Pivotal game with 4 wins and 4 road games left. the Colts have to win one away from home to get to 9-7. Big Ben should be back..Andrewe probably wont. When you looked at the scehedule at the start of the year this was a loss.

Dec. 13 - WIN - 6-7

at Jacksonville....This is the road game we have to get Jax (2-6) only have 2 3-point wins. they cant run the ball well..and they are used to losing to Indy. Must win

Dec. 20 - WIN - 7-7

Houston.....Texans don't run the ball well and they ask a lot of Brian Hoyer at QB.

Andrew Luck should be back and his return is needed to win this one against the occasionally tough Texans "D'.

Dec. 27 - LOSS - 7-8

at Miami.......Colts may have to win this one to make the playoffs...and it will be tough as the Dolphins may be at 7-7 with hope to get a wild card

Jan. 3 - WIN - 8-8

Tennessee....Win and in..Texans will have 8 losses...Jacksonville will have 9 or more.

Titans will have 8 or more. With modest hopes, Colts may be 7-8 going into this game and a win at home will clinch the AFC South at 8-8, a significant achievement since they will probably play 6 games without Andrew Luck...

your thoughts?

Yeah, pretty much the way it should go.

The big danger game is at Jax...they can win this one if they play a reasonably good game.

Call me crazy, but I see us ending up at 11-5 for the 4th straight year. Atlanta & Pittsburgh will be tough road games, but neither don't scare me enough to say we'll lose to them. Ben may be back by the time we play the Steelers, but if I remember correctly, they have Seattle the week before us in Seattle, & with his health in major question, it isn't out of the question that we may be facing them with Landry Jones as their QB. Jacksonville will also be tough since their offense seems to get better by the week, but I believe we'll pull that game out late & I see Andrew coming back for the last 2 games for Miami & Tennessee which should result in wins for us.

you're crazy.  no way, no how we go 11-5.   

L  @Falcons (MH)          4-6

W Bucs (MH)                  5-6

L  @Steelers (MH)          5-7

W @Jags (AL)                 6-7

W Texans (AL)                7-7

L  @Dolphins (AL)           7-8

W Titans (AL)                  8-8         (win division)

Nov. 22 LOSS - 4-6

Nov, 29 - WIN - 5-6

Dec. 6 - LOSS - 5-7

Dec. 13 - WIN - 6-7

Dec. 20 - WIN - 7-7

Dec. 27 - LOSS - 7-8

Jan. 3 - WIN - 8-8

your thoughts?

This is one of the tougher predictions to make because we are so inconsistent and now Andrew is out. Had Andrew stayed healthy I would've said 10-6 or even 11-5 after the way we played last week but 8-8 looks about right. I think we beat Atlanta though and maybe get upset by the Jags in Jacks as nothing ever seems to go as scripted. Even if we lose the Jags game they wont go 8-8 and we will still win the Division at 8-8. Jags aren't all of that but always seem to play us good and we are due for a Division loss. The Texans and Titans have murderous schedules and wont go no better than 7-9 IMO, I see the Jags about the same.

Funny you mentioned this. Last year Carolina goes 7-9 and wins their division. What's their record this year?

:)

I don't see anyone in our Division that can compete with us when we are healthy. Mariota I think will be good but still they will be nothing more than an 8-8/9-7 team next season unless they get him major help. We are an 11-5 team when Andrew stays healthy as proven and will be better next season.

I don't see anyone in our Division that can compete with us when we are healthy. Mariota I think will be good but still they will be nothing more than an 8-8/9-7 team next season unless they get him major help. We are an 11-5 team when Andrew stays healthy as proven and will be better next season.

Next year will be extremely interesting, especially, before the season starts. So many things could be up in the air depending on the finish of this one. I think Mariota gets better every passing year from here on out. But, I agree, I think we own the division for a while. At least and until the Jags & Texans get a franchise QB like Luck. Titans may be our thorn for the next several. You never can tell. Divisional play can and has lead to many disappointing games in the past. You just get to know each other very well over the years.

Chudzinski, so far, has been good for the team. If it continues to arrow-up, I feel even more changes could significantly turn this team into a powerhouse that turns the tide to break the grip of New England over us. We'll see.

Next year will be extremely interesting, especially, before the season starts. So many things could be up in the air depending on the finish of this one. I think Mariota gets better every passing year from here on out. But, I agree, I think we own the division for a while. At least and until the Jags & Texans get a franchise QB like Luck. Titans may be our thorn for the next several. You never can tell. Divisional play can and has lead to many disappointing games in the past. You just get to know each other very well over the years.

Chudzinski, so far, has been good for the team. If it continues to arrow-up, I feel even more changes could significantly turn this team into a powerhouse that turns the tide to break the grip of New England over us. We'll see.

Yeah until the Texans or Jags get a franchise QB they are not going to win 10+ games with the rosters they have. Titans with Mariota scare me the most moving forward as in next season, etc.. 8-8 will get it done this season for us luckily. Some want us to miss the Playoffs to get a better Draft pick because if we make the Playoffs we cant pick no better than 21st and most say why make it in because we cant beat the Pats anyway. I think it would be embarrassing not to make the Playoffs and picking 21st isn't the end of the world, at 21 there will be a great Pass Rusher or O.Lineman there anyway. I want the Colts to continue to own the Division so I say forget about not making the Playoffs.

Yeah until the Texans or Jags get a franchise QB they are not going to win 10+ games with the rosters they have. Titans with Mariota scare me the most moving forward as in next season, etc.. 8-8 will get it done this season for us luckily. Some want us to miss the Playoffs to get a better Draft pick because if we make the Playoffs we cant pick no better than 21st and most say why make it in because we cant beat the Pats anyway. I think it would be embarrassing not to make the Playoffs and picking 21st isn't the end of the world, at 21 there will be a great Pass Rusher or O.Lineman there anyway. I want the Colts to continue to own the Division so I say forget about not making the Playoffs.

Never a good idea to miss the playoffs.(smile) Just the experience of it justifies it's entrance. I get the notion about the Draft. It really doesn't bother me to the extent of not picking Top 20. Take a look at the past, and you can conclude better results than flops from the Colts over the last 15 years. Not that it isn't a good idea sometimes to trade up. You win/lose. Indianapolis has been a great organization since Jimmy took over from his Dad. He wants to win. A lot of owners aren't that vexed into it. Money? You betcha.

Anyway, getting back to the players, I'm of the thinking to acquire a GREAT ILB to QB the defense. First and foremost, BPA is best for the team when drafting, however, targeting positions can be done by many means. Two positions are of great need for Championships. Your franchise QB on offense, and your franchise ILB on defense. Both are catalysts for great football teams.

Never a good idea to miss the playoffs.(smile) Just the experience of it justifies it's entrance. I get the notion about the Draft. It really doesn't bother me to the extent of not picking Top 20. Take a look at the past, and you can conclude better results than flops from the Colts over the last 15 years. Not that it isn't a good idea sometimes to trade up. You win/lose. Indianapolis has been a great organization since Jimmy took over from his Dad. He wants to win. A lot of owners aren't that vexed into it. Money? You betcha.

Anyway, getting back to the players, I'm of the thinking to acquire a GREAT ILB to QB the defense. First and foremost, BPA is best for the team when drafting, however, targeting positions can be done by many means. Two positions are of great need for Championships. Your franchise QB on offense, and your franchise ILB on defense. Both are catalysts for great football teams.

I would Draft a Pass Rusher in the 1st Round, the best one available so I agree. 2nd Round draft the best possible O.Lineman, then focus on Defense again regarding maybe a Safety or even another Pass Rusher in Rounds 3 and 4, then focus on drafting another O.Lineman in Round 5. I just hit on all of our weaknesses. We have the weapons on Offense already intact.

I would Draft a Pass Rusher in the 1st Round, the best one available so I agree. 2nd Round draft the best possible O.Lineman, then focus on Defense again regarding maybe a Safety or even another Pass Rusher in Rounds 3 and 4, then focus on drafting another O.Lineman in Round 5. I just hit on all of our weaknesses. We have the weapons on Offense already intact.

Well, BPA is a little different, but I get your point.

Chud did a fantastic job moving the ball for us against Denver sure, but I need to see more before I can say with any real authority that we can hang with the Patriots consistently CR. I like your enthusiasm here, but I just can't quite make that declaration yet. You did say "We'll see" so I won't hold your assertion against you. 

I've always liked Matthew & I said to CC1 last year or the year before that that Hasselback is good enough & experienced enough to do what must be done to win the AFC South. Beyond that, it's a toss up this season. 

I don't get consumed with records. Just play hard, fly to the ball, & we will see what the symbolic "fat lady" sings at the end of 16 weeks I guess. 

The other thing I keep thinking about is this: INDY has been a division lock for so many years that we tend to take making the playoffs for granted like it's a foregone conclusion. 

Perhaps, missing the post season or getting knocked out in the 1st round is tough but necessary medicine in order to guarantee that Irsay hires an o-line coach that knows what he's doing. 

Hitting the skids can sometimes be a blessing because we all refocus & start from ground zero never assuming that the Colts are pre ordained to play football into late December. 

I have a good feeling about Chud though & I hope we can keep him in some capacity even if Pagano is let go after this calendar year. I just can't get over how well Chud moved the ball against Denver's pass rush & secondary. I was very impressed & almost in awe because the Broncos are a Championship worthy defense. 

It would be very dangerous to take that approach in the draft. You start reaching for need you get in trouble.

Pass Rush is a huge need but if there is not 1st round talent at our pick it's best to take BPA. We have enough holes it shouldn't be difficult to get first round talent at a position of need. Anything but QB, RB, WR or TE in the 1st would be fine. You can't lock in on a position. You have to take the most talented player. IMO

It would be very dangerous to take that approach in the draft. You start reaching for need you get in trouble.

Pass Rush is a huge need but if there is not 1st round talent at our pick it's best to take BPA. We have enough holes it shouldn't be difficult to get first round talent at a position of need. Anything but QB, RB, WR or TE in the 1st would be fine. You can't lock in on a position. You have to take the most talented player. IMO

Generally I see the wisdom in that approach AKC, but if Grigs drafts yet another surplus WR in the draft, SW1 is gonna scream & pulverize a major appliance I own to smithereens. If you hear what sounds like a chemical explosion & glass shattering in the Badger State, you'll know what's going down & that I'm livid/furious. Just sayin' man...

Generally I see the wisdom in that approach AKC, but if Grigs drafts yet another surplus WR in the draft, SW1 is gonna scream & pulverize a major appliance I own to smithereens. If you hear what sounds like a chemical explosion & glass shattering in the Badger State, you'll know what's going down & that I'm livid/furious. Just sayin' man...

I agree we are good at QB WR TE and I wouldn't take a RB in the 1st round, I don't think its a good idea to go in to the draft stuck on a pass rusher in the 1st. If the draft falls that way perfect but if your looking at guys with 1st round grades at CB DL and pass them up to reach for a pass rusher. I don't think that's smart. You get better by drafting the best players.

We have enough holes BPA within reason is the best way. We need to hit in the draft including 1st round.

you're crazy.  no way, no how we go 11-5.   

L  @Falcons (MH)          4-6

W Bucs (MH)                  5-6

L  @Steelers (MH)          5-7

W @Jags (AL)                 6-7

W Texans (AL)                7-7

L  @Dolphins (AL)           7-8

W Titans (AL)                  8-8         (win division)

As long as we keep Matt upright, 11-5 isn't out of the question nor 10-6.

Chud did a fantastic job moving the ball for us against Denver sure, but I need to see more before I can say with any real authority that we can hang with the Patriots consistently CR. I like your enthusiasm here, but I just can't quite make that declaration yet. You did say "We'll see" so I won't hold your assertion against you. 

I've always liked Matthew & I said to CC1 last year or the year before that that Hasselback is good enough & experienced enough to do what must be done to win the AFC South. Beyond that, it's a toss up this season. 

I don't get consumed with records. Just play hard, fly to the ball, & we will see what the symbolic "fat lady" sings at the end of 16 weeks I guess.

Yeah, I'm with ya, SW1. Maybe I wasn't clear enough. My bad. I meant next season and beyond with "significant" changes if they come.

That first sentence made me LAUGH for 10 minutes, man! I'm still laughing ... haha ... Still laughing ... haha Funny stuff, bro ...

Question: Who are the Colts? Are they the team that beat Denver or the team that appeared to be lost and wo are they with Hasselbeck? Tough to see what's ahead but don't count Tennessee out.

The Colts are a team with :

A. Their franchise QB gone for?

B. A good offense & mediocre defense that's getting better each week

C. Tensions between the Owner, GM, HC (how ever it's order)

D. A very tough and upcoming schedule

E. The ability to overcome most of this

Tennessee, long shot. Jacksonville, no. Houston, may have a shot.

WHy is everyone picking Miami?  They suck....  I dont get it

Not picking Miami right now. However, it may be tough to get a W in Miami if Tannehill is on his game. That's a big if. Too soon to gauge this one. It could go either way depending on recent play and intangibles by then.

Tennessee taking a 7th loss means we have even a better chance to win the division at 8-8 (6-0 in division play)Jax has 6 losses..but they have to beat The Titans twiceHouston has 5 losses with Cincy, Buffalo and NE to play..Barring a MAJOR upset, they will have 8 losses

Yes sir, OUM. Like you say, "barring" a major meltdown by the Colts as well, it certainly looks that way.