Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts bring up Tipton, Waive Whalen

Bravo

I figured Whalen would be the one to go as he has been that guy to come and go the past couple seasons. I wonder if any team besides the Colts will ever pick him up? Not flashy but can be dependable at times.

This means Cribbs will most likely for sure be playing right away.

Bring on Tipton. Probably won't be used much but if he is I'm excited to see what he can possibly do.

And the
have added a third running back. Undrafted free agent Zurlon Tipton called up to the active roster. Griff Whalen waived

— Kevin Bowen (@KBowenColts)

Per Colts App

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Allen going down for a couple weeks is what cost Whalen on this one more then Cribbs signing, If Allens healthy then no need for Saunders which means Griff fills that 53 spot if my math is correct......Assuming Griff does not get picked up I'd expect to see him back when Allen is full go...Which means Saunders will be out.

Just my thoughts, Could be wrong

Yeah Allen going down for a couple weeks is what cost Whalen on this one, If Allens healthy then no need for Saunders which means Griff fills that 53 spot if my math is correct......Assuming Griff does not get picked up I'd expect to see him back when Allen is full go...Which means means Saunders will be out.

I would like this.

Wow, this sucks. Now we lose Whalen. This year, we started with Brazill, Rogers, and Whalen, now we have none. Oh yeah, and Nicks sucks and we probably will lose Wayne after this year. Way to go Management, who's next? couldn't get rid of someone else that's not needed to fill a huge, gaping hole next year?

Yeah Allen going down for a couple weeks is what cost Whalen on this one, If Allens healthy then no need for Saunders which means Griff fills that 53 spot if my math is correct......Assuming Griff does not get picked up I'd expect to see him back when Allen is full go...Which means means Saunders will be out.

Not to sure about that since he has been a RS this season

Wow, this sucks. Now we lose Whalen. This year, we started with Brazill, Rogers, and Whalen, now we have none. Oh yeah, and Nicks sucks and we probably will lose Wayne after this year. Way to go Management, who's next? couldn't get rid of someone else that's not needed to fill a huge, gaping hole next year?

Duron Carter

Did you really expect Whalen to make an impact on offense?

If we get Duron Carter, I will be happy. I didn't expect Whalen to make an impact on offense, but he's still depth and better than any FA WR right now. The only WR's that we have for next year are TY and Donte and for some reason Grigs and Pagano refuse to play Moncrief so we don't even know how good he will be. We have two receivers next year now and one is questionable. Carter we may not get.

Obviously there is no guarantee on Carter so who knows! haha

And also maybe they are saving Moncrief a little bit until we actually really need him. (Playoffs and next season) a little grooming shouldn't hurt him. I'm sure he still gets plenty of reps in practice. Yes WR might be a need but it isn't a huge obvious need at the moment like it could be with another injury or next season. We could be saving him a little bit. Just a thought.

If we get Duron Carter, I will be happy. I didn't expect Whalen to make an impact on offense, but he's still depth and better than any FA WR right now. The only WR's that we have for next year are TY and Donte and for some reason Grigs and Pagano refuse to play Moncrief so we don't even know how good he will be. We have two receivers next year now and one is questionable. Carter we may not get.

Wayne will be back for sure unless he retires. Wouldn't surprise me if Nicks resigned. I know fans don't like Nicks, but Andrew Luck continuously says he needs to build chemistry with him.

Wayne will be back for sure unless he retires. Wouldn't surprise me if Nicks resigned. I know fans don't like Nicks, but Andrew Luck continuously says he needs to build chemistry with him.

I could see Nicks on another one year deal, but I think he would want a better chance to start. Moncrief will probably start eating his snaps as this season finishes.

I do agree that the Allen injury played a factor in us getting rid of Griff. Maybe a little more than the Cribbs signing.

However I wouldn't be shocked if we didn't see Griff come back at all.  It wouldn't shock me at all once Allen gets

back if they pulled Josh Lenz up from the practice squad. He's got way better speed than Whalen, and his hands

aren't bad either. They've kept Lenz on the PS for some time now so it tells me they like something about him. Just my opinion on the matter