Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Discussion thread 7/25

Bravo

Far cry from Colts favorite Reggie Wayne...All about the Colts.  This guy wears a Red Sox had instead of a Colts hat.....him...and that soft tissue 'issue.'  URRGH>

Reggie was at a basketball in the Convention Center here in Indy sporting a Miami Heat hat recently. No matter what people support the places where they are from, or who they like... and Reggie came from Miami.

reggie-wayne-celebrity-game.jpg?w=370&h=

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, but with those guns I wouldn't give him any crap. His arms are bigger that the rest of his freaking body.

I'd punch him in the soft tissue...:)

To others....I was saying stuff pretty much in jest on the hat...not about the need to get out there with his teammates all year around....and with our trainers if applicable.  He was not.  He also was NOT very good when playing, especially after Toler went down.

I'd punch him in the soft tissue... :)

To others....I was saying stuff pretty much in jest on the hat...not about the need to get out there with his teammates all year around....and with our trainers if applicable.  He was not.  He also was NOT very good when playing, especially after Toler went down.

I think he was playing hurt personally. When healthy he is an all pro safety!

There is a reason we got Rogers from the Bills ps last year mid season. He had a great catch in the playoffs the rest I recall were drops. He has earned a chance but Whalen might be guy that can do more. Still not convinced we keep 6 especially if we can put Thomas or someone else on the PS.

Rogers isn't going to be a starter on Offense so what does he bring to special teams? He is no lock to make this team in my opinion. Lots of guys have measurables but never put it all together. Half speed on plays not coming to him as reported day one probably not a great start. I am as excited as anyone about his potential but he better start showing it.

Whalen will get better when pads go on will Rogers? Will he block for running backs and finish his patterns? Roger's just doesn't seem that tough to me. We will see.

Wayne Hilton Nicks and Moncrief are the locks for WR all those other guys could be fighting for one spot and the best KR/PR might be the guy. Sleeper Lankford.

Burley's name seems to keep coming up too. Nothing really matters much until pads

There is a reason we got Rogers from the Bills ps last year mid season. He had a great catch in the playoffs the rest I recall were drops. He has earned a chance but Whalen might be guy that can do more. Still not convinced we keep 6 especially if we can put Thomas or someone else on the PS.

Rogers isn't going to be a starter on Offense so what does he bring to special teams? He is no lock to make this team in my opinion. Lots of guys have measurables but never put it all together. Half speed on plays not coming to him as reported day one probably not a great start. I am as excited as anyone about his potential but he better start showing it.

Whalen will get better when pads go on will Rogers? Will he block for running backs and finish his patterns? Roger's just doesn't seem that tough to me. We will see.

Wayne Hilton Nicks and Moncrief are the locks for WR all those other guys could be fighting for one spot and the best KR/PR might be the guy. Sleeper Lankford.

Burley's name seems to keep coming up too. Nothing really matters much until pads

Past injuries is a good reason to keep 6. Havili might be odd man out because they might need another running back for the same reason. Unless he is moved over as a blocking back, or something. 

Past injuries is a good reason to keep 6. Havili might be odd man out because they might need another running back for the same reason. Unless he is moved over as a blocking back, or something. 

Past injuries is a good reason to keep extra players at every position. What group hasn't been hit by injuries? We have to get to 53 on way or another and if you don't start you better be able to do something on special teams. I am not seeing the past injuries until last year 87 had been pretty durable has TY ever missed a game maybe one and Nicks has never started less than13 in his career.

I'm surprised Reggie hasn't taken Da'Rick under his wing yet. I'm pretty sure he'd listen to everything he has to say.

Im not real sure Reggie is the kind of guy to take a player under his wing, I think he likes to keep to himself and lead by example

I think so too, especially considering that we now have Donte Moncrief, which makes Rogers a little redundant.  Moncrief is the same size as Rogers but is faster, younger, and seem to have better hands and route running skills.

yeah. I've said time and time again last season that Whalen has the potential to become our very own Wes Welker. Hopefully he can do that and hopefully we give him a chance to do that.

........... T.Y. Hilton

Is there any article or interviews of Hilton or Wayne talking about Wayne coaching up Hilton? I mean I know Hilton has done very well since coming into the league but I don't recall any word or article off the top of my head that Wayne coached him up

I am a LaRon Landry fan, I think he is a very good safety, hopefully he proves that this year. 

Don't get me wrong.  He is on my/our favorite team and I support the Blue....he just did not show the sure tackling/hitting that he is known for. (mostly the hitting :))  

I feel he should be with the Colt's staff before training camp on the soft tissue 'issue.'  He should have been ready.

I don`t think all-pro means what you think it does!

And sometimes QB`s throw the ball right to a safety and that really isn`t a "good defensive play" but you get the stat anyway.

The kind of stats that get you a pro bowl sometimes. Laron is OK, he gives his body up and forces some fumbles too, and gets Himself hurt.

We watched him screw up several times last season not recognizing what was going on in front of him and reacting intelligently, he trains at home with his buddies come camp time. so no wonder.

The sooner he is gone... the better.

Is there any article or interviews of Hilton or Wayne talking about Wayne coaching up Hilton? I mean I know Hilton has done very well since coming into the league but I don't recall any word or article off the top of my head that Wayne coached him up

TY has been quoted many times how he asks Reggie questions about things and it has been a big help. I am just sure he is talking about football stuff related to playing WR, and therefore I would call that information being Coached up at the position.

The likelihood Reggie has also shared info at the practice field and in the film room is reasonably high considering Reggie`s great Leadership and Huge desire to win.

Uh yeah. Seahawks game, halftime Hilton got pulled to the side by Reggie. So add that to the trash talk Sherman & Browner were giving Hilton..... There's your 2nd half explosion we had

You know, Allen feels like the obvious answer, but think about how much we struggled after Reggie went down. Those losses to the Rams, Bengals, and Cardinals, and having to come from behind in virtually every game, after beating Seatle, Denver, and San Francisco. The offense just wasn't the same.

Although I'm sure Allen's the correct answer, Reggie could be a close second.

To be fair, the defense played horrible in those games.

And sometimes QB`s throw the ball right to a safety and that really isn`t a "good defensive play" but you get the stat anyway.

The kind of stats that get you a pro bowl sometimes. Laron is OK, he gives his body up and forces some fumbles too, and gets Himself hurt.

We watched him screw up several times last season not recognizing what was going on in front of him and reacting intelligently, he trains at home with his buddies come camp time. so no wonder.

I like him. He does get hurt a lot though. I played safety and watch the position closely. No one is perfect including guys like Palamalo or Ed Reed in there heydays. Given that a guy like Landry is a thumper or enforcer of sorts, which is fine. He now that Bethea is gone will be the leader back there now. We don't have a lot back there now, so I will look for him to play like he did before he got hurt with us last year as opposed to how he played after he returned from injury. And improved front 7 against the run certainly would help that cause! Training, what ever, Edge us to train away to, as long as you come in ready I don't care!

He doesn't train at home with his buddies. He trains in Arizona where he has his own trainers and medical team, and works out with some other fellow NFL players

He should come in....in shape....What the ___?

He looks like he is in shape how could he not be in shape did you see the picture of him with Red Sox hat on dude might be a lot of things but I don't think out of shape is one of them. I guess maybe cardio?

I think the Adams signing really helped the back end not long term solution but good stop gap. Landry will be fine we aren't even in pads yet. Still don't understand how he is out of shape.

He looks like he is in shape how could he not be in shape did you see the picture of him with Red Sox hat on dude might be a lot of things but I don't think out of shape is one of them. I guess maybe cardio?

I think the Adams signing really helped the back end not long term solution but good stop gap. Landry will be fine we aren't even in pads yet. Still don't understand how he is out of shape.

He has the same soft tissue 'stuff' going on.  He should work with the Colts...I could care less about his arms!!

He has the same soft tissue 'stuff' going on.  He should work with the Colts...I could care less about his arms!!

I agree I am not a fan of the working with "my people" your team is your people. He's all ours for 3 years hope he gets it together. I do like the Adams signing though think it will make a difference back there, I think the D comes together this year.

My fear with this team is the same as always O Line. I am really anxious for the first preseason game to see what is going on up front.