Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1St Pick In The Draft Should Be Cb

This upcoming draft is simple, if Luck is on teh board you draft him, no questions asked, if he is not you trade down and get more picks. Pretty simple.

Yeah and I guarantee you you're in the vast minority with such a simplistic "no questions asked" view on the subject. ;)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok now you think...GB did not spend a #1 pick on Rodgers. If you want to follow in GB's footsteps then I have no problem with that....take a QB in the late first round. Doing this means we traded back at least once if not multiple times and acquired multiple extra picks in the 2nd, 3rd and/or 4th rounds plus additional picks next year as well. So yeah, I have no problem following GB's footsteps. ;)

If the Julio Jones and Brady Quinn trades are any indication, then we would get amazing trade value for Luck as well. And the point that he has so much hype just furthers the point that we would get incredible trade value for him.

If you're going to call Luck a sure fire pick, then there are also players at other positions that you have to consider sure fire. No one is a sure fire pick, especially if you consider the vast differences between the Stanford offense and the Colts offense.

How do you figure if we trade the picks we can only be excited for the next couple of years? Defensive playmakers would have the same potential to make a difference for the next decade that Luck has. I do agree that it's not a 100% obvious trade down decision, but no more than drafting luck is a 100% obvious decision to make. IMO, the trade down is the far smarter way to go, and I have a feeling the more weaknesses that are exposed throughout the year, the more people will begin to side this way.

No offense intended, but this statement is wrong on many levels. There are many options for getting your next franchise QB besides spending a #1 pick on one. A brief list of QB's who became franchise QB's without being picked #1 overall...Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Matt Hasselbeck, Matt Schaub, Philip Rivers and this is only of active players. Others include Steve Young and Brett Favre, neither of whom were drafted by the teams they had their success with.

good luck with trying to make that point stick...I've been saying the same thing for weeks now but there are some people so dead-set on taking Luck that they refuse to acknowledge the obvious.

do you realize the Colt's run a Tampa 2 defense where CB'S that can cover are not coveted?Bringing up the Rodgers and Brady thing is weak because they are the exceptions rather than the rule.The NFL is ALL about the QB.

do you realize the Colt's run a Tampa 2 defense where CB'S that can cover are not coveted?Bringing up the Rodgers and Brady thing is weak because they are the exceptions rather than the rule.The NFL is ALL about the QB.

Yes I am more than aware the colts run a tampa 2...I hate the tampa 2 as much as, if not more than anyone. I also know the colts have been trying to use more man coverage and having a top corner would greatly help that. I also know that Marlin Jackson and Kelvin Hayden were first and second round picks taken in the same year so clearly CB is a position more highly valued than some believe.

I also know there is more than one talented QB in the coming draft so Luck is not the "only" possibility for us to get our next franchise QB.

Lets trade the first pick for an entire awesome secondary to a team that desperately needs Andrew Luck. I would be down with that.

AMEN to that! Getting Luck wouldn't get us to a superbowl. Getting an actual defense can! We can address the backup QB situation later in the draft. Teams with Eli Mannings, Matt Cassells, and the Mark Sanchez's of the world can get to the SB with an average QB. And Painter's shaping up to be more than average if we can get somebody that can actually call plays and Dallas Clark will stop dropping the ball!

Yeah and I guarantee you you're in the vast minority with such a simplistic "no questions asked" view on the subject. ;)

It's not simplistic it's realistic. If the Colts have the opportunity to draft Andrew Luck you do. To have the opportunity and NOT draft him would be the largest mistake this franchise ever made. IF he is not available you then look to move down and pick up more picks because this team has a number of issues it needs to address and 1 player isn't going to turn things around next year. People need to wake up and understand the Peyton years are coming to an end and this Team needs to look towards the future and with Luck you get your next Peyton for the next 10-12 years.

It's not simplistic it's realistic. If the Colts have the opportunity to draft Andrew Luck you do. To have the opportunity and NOT draft him would be the largest mistake this franchise ever made. IF he is not available you then look to move down and pick up more picks because this team has a number of issues it needs to address and 1 player isn't going to turn things around next year. People need to wake up and understand the Peyton years are coming to an end and this Team needs to look towards the future and with Luck you get your next Peyton for the next 10-12 years.

It is simplistic...you're not giving even the slightest consideration to an alternative approach. It would not be the biggest mistake the franchise has ever made and I guarantee of all the "experts" you listen to in order to know how good Luck is going to be, the majority would agree there is no clear cut right or wrong decision. I'm even willing to admit that. This is all down to what your own preference is and that's fine but at least state it as such.

I also never once said not to look for the next franchise QB. I am fully awake and because of this I realize there are other opportunities than spending the #1 overall pick on a guy who may or may not work out in the Colts offense.

This upcoming draft is simple, if Luck is on teh board you draft him, no questions asked, if he is not you trade down and get more picks. Pretty simple.

It's so simple that we have multiple threads arguing multiple points of views with lots of smart people disagreeing on what to do! real simple.

think my friend. Green Bay drafted Rodgers and made him sit behind favre for three years. Why does it seem so far fetched?

They drafted Rodgers 24th overall, paid him virtually nothing, and developed him because he wasn't NFL ready anyway.

Why else does it seem far-fetched? Because the Favre/Rodgers thing was also an extremely rare scenario, and one of the only times it has happened in NFL history.

Edited by doogansquest

I've always heard the Tampa 2 doesn't place a lot of emphasis on a cover cornerback. It relies on a disruptive pass rush to hurry the opponents QB and cause him to make mistakes. As long as we have the Tampa 2 I don't see the Colts going to any extra efforts in the draft to grab one. If he's the best player available at the time then they probably would, but then again knowing Polian the Colts would trade down to acquire more draft picks.

Yeah but buccaneers had Rhonde barber and Warren sapp and beast lb corps.

Rhonde barber is an excellent corner.

Judging from the shallow pool of elite HIGH SCHOOL QB the last 4 years, there may not be a lot of talent at QB for some time. But Peyton is going to be around for quite some time.

We have plenty of time to draft a qb.

Joe flacco, and Matt Ryan and mark Sanchez and Phillip rivers have not won a superbowl, so Andrew luck is not a sure fire anything.

Let's focus on winning now

AMEN to that! Getting Luck wouldn't get us to a superbowl. Getting an actual defense can! We can address the backup QB situation later in the draft. Teams with Eli Mannings, Matt Cassells, and the Mark Sanchez's of the world can get to the SB with an average QB. And Painter's shaping up to be more than average if we can get somebody that can actually call plays and Dallas Clark will stop dropping the ball!

what you are failing to realize is that Manning may never come back or be a shell of his former self.There is no guarantee he ever comes back.They need to draft the best QB right now.PM is 36 years old.

what you are failing to realize is that Manning may never come back or be a shell of his former self.There is no guarantee he ever comes back.They need to draft the best QB right now.PM is 36 years old.

Just as you say some people are failing to realize Manning may never come back, your black and white response of "we must draft best QB now" is overlooking the fact that Manning may indeed come back.

I've always heard the Tampa 2 doesn't place a lot of emphasis on a cover cornerback. It relies on a disruptive pass rush to hurry the opponents QB and cause him to make mistakes. As long as we have the Tampa 2 I don't see the Colts going to any extra efforts in the draft to grab one. If he's the best player available at the time then they probably would, but then again knowing Polian the Colts would trade down to acquire more draft picks.

hopefully in the future we walk away from the Tampa 2. The NFL is a different league now, schemes change and approaches are unique and original. Tampa 2 is a thing in the past and good teams can eat up that defense for breakfast.

Edited by number28

do you realize the Colt's run a Tampa 2 defense where CB'S that can cover are not coveted?

If we had at least decent DB's this year, we wouldn't be 0-5.

spread that mustard somewhere else because I am not buying it.

Having good CB's in a Tampa 2 is better than having pedestrian ones in a Tampa 2.

Since Polian took over in '98, we have taken 18 defensive backs in the top three rounds. In '05, we took CB with our first AND second round picks. Your point has absolutely no merit.

Some people are saying we need a QB. Makes sense, but just because someone is great in college doesn't mean their going to be great in the NFL. We don't know how Luck is going to play in the NFL. We don't know if we're going to have the same effect of an Aaron Rodgers. Even us getting a corner may cost us. It's all a gamble. You can only discuss the team needs. However to fix the problems we have now on defense. When the LB'ers see Dwight and Robert getting washed out of plays, they need to blitz the gaps. You have a DT getting double teams and one going one on one. Either Robert or dwight are getting double teamed as well. Thats 5 offensive lineman being occupied. You may even see TE's and RB's doing a chip. You can only send out 5 guys on offense against us. "IF" our defense is build on speed why aren't we playing like it? We need to blitz more on defense in my opinion.

If we get Luck, we have to be excited for the upcoming decade. If we trade the picks, we can be excited about the next few years.

Exactly. Manning will be 36 if he plays next year. Historically, quarterbacks his age or older rarely win Super Bowls. Elway was one of the few exceptions but he had Terrell Davis and a solid defense. Throw in the fact that Peyton will be coming off three neck surgeries and that the Colts are a flawed team that totally depends on him to carry them and even the most staunch Peyton supporters must realize that the Manning era window is closing quickly. A new era of Colts football is in the wings and if given the opportunity,we must draft the franchise qb who will lead us into the future.

Edited by Coltsman1788

I am LOLing at all the pass on luck and draft a CB in a defense that CB's play a mop up role in......I mean seriously...its even Polian's Philosophy to take the best player...so if we draft number 1, that pretty much narrows it down.

Frankly, I am getting sick of some of you jumping on everyone who likes the Idea of taking Luck if we can.....its like you have to search for reasons to not do it?

This years draft has solid depth at CB. We dont need to use a first round on Kirkpatrick. i say we trade down and grab Vontaze Burfict. This guy is a beast who plays the game harder and more physical then anyone i have ever seen at the college level. As a colts fan i am tired of the defense getting pushed around year in and year out. Its time to bring in a guy to change the whole mentality of the D. He could either play the Sam linebacker or the mike. and a Burfict, Angerer, Conners with sims and wheeler in rotation is a very solid line backing core. Nevis will only get better and with him constantly collapsing the pocket this front 7 could be for the first time one that is feared. Not only would we solidify the front 7 but we could acquire another early 2nd round pick. with which i say we go DB with one pick and get Broyles (wr) if he is still there.with reggie aging and possibly not resigning we need another receiver. Plus the play of painter can allow the colts to look past a QB in early rounds. and use the picks to put starters on the field. I wouldnt mind kellen moore in the 6th or so, hes a smart kid, who knows he could be great.

Dbs that could available in early 2nd-3rd:

Janoris Jenkins: 5'10 185lbs. hes got decent size but plays bigger then he is. makes plays in run game as well as pass. Arguably the 2nd most talented DB behind Kirkpatrick, however likes to smoke the ganja so that could result in him sliding to us.

Cliff Harris: 5'11 180lbs. Asante Samuals type, will go for big play but gets burnt because of it as well. im not fully sold on this guy but he does have added value in return game.

Stephon Gilmore: 6'1 195lbs. big physical DB, probably already better then half the starting CBs in run support. needs to be more consistent in coverage, but has great potential and can play safety or CB.

Jayron Hosley: 5'10 170. 10lbs away from being 2nd or 3rd DB off the board. first round talent that could slide. ball hawk, quick, excellent ball skills and insticnts.

Alfonzo Dennard: 5'10 200lbs. another big physical DB, great at press. i doubt he will slide this far and will most likley be 2nd DB off the board. excellent at coverage, solid in run support.

Burfict and any 2 of those guys could help the colts D tons. to hard to predict much passed that, but the classic best player available seems to work for polian. and possibly a OG in FA. but i dont know any future FAs so thats hard to say.

Either way im excited to see manning with collie, clark, reggie, and garcon on the field at once, with an actual oline and run game. all it takes is a good oline and colts could easily have #1 offense in the league.

If there is a shot at Luck I just dont see us passing him up, not saying its the right thing to do because at this point Im just not sure whats going to happen with Manning but I just have a feeling Luck will find a home here "IF" we keep trashing the season and get first pick.

I posed this in another thread but with all the Luck talk I'll post it here too:

I'm just going to post the following stats for comparison:

through 5 games:

Andrew Luck: 106/145, 73.1% completion, 14 TD 2 INT

Alex Smith: 83/126, 65.9% completion, 7 TD 1 INT

Alex Smith is 6th in the league in completion percentage and 3rd in overall QB rating with a QB rating of 104.1. He's also tied at #1 with Aaron Rodgers for best TD/INT ratio. This is all in his first year in Jim Harbaugh's system, the same system that Luck is currently in at Stanford. Prior to this year, Smith's best completion % for a year was 60.5% (in '09 and this was the only year he even topped 60%) and his best QB rating was 82.1. Smith's best TD/INT ratio was last year when the ratio was 1.5/1...a far cry from his current 7/1 ratio.

I don't know if this will help, but this is what I've been trying to understand....is Luck really that good or is he perhaps, even maybe just a little teeny tiny bit, a product of a very QB friendly system. If you don't believe this is at all possible then I ask only one question....what is the explanation for the dramatic increase in production of Alex Smith?

I posed this in another thread but with all the Luck talk I'll post it here too:

I'm just going to post the following stats for comparison:

through 5 games:

Andrew Luck: 106/145, 73.1% completion, 14 TD 2 INT

Alex Smith: 83/126, 65.9% completion, 7 TD 1 INT

Alex Smith is 6th in the league in completion percentage and 3rd in overall QB rating with a QB rating of 104.1. He's also tied at #1 with Aaron Rodgers for best TD/INT ratio. This is all in his first year in Jim Harbaugh's system, the same system that Luck is currently in at Stanford. Prior to this year, Smith's best completion % for a year was 60.5% (in '09 and this was the only year he even topped 60%) and his best QB rating was 82.1. Smith's best TD/INT ratio was last year when the ratio was 1.5/1...a far cry from his current 7/1 ratio.

I don't know if this will help, but this is what I've been trying to understand....is Luck really that good or is he perhaps, even maybe just a little teeny tiny bit, a product of a very QB friendly system. If you don't believe this is at all possible then I ask only one question....what is the explanation for the dramatic increase in production of Alex Smith?

Maybe it just took the guy a while to figure it out? Or maybe he is just hot right now? He has had hot streaks before. If you throw out the stats that Luck has(very, very, impressive super stats, especially that crazy completeing percentage) and just watch the guy play, you can see that he is so far ahead of his current competition that is projects to eventual NFL success IMO.

Maybe it just took the guy a while to figure it out? Or maybe he is just hot right now? He has had hot streaks before. If you throw out the stats that Luck has(very, very, impressive super stats, especially that crazy completeing percentage) and just watch the guy play, you can see that he is so far ahead of his current competition that is projects to eventual NFL success IMO.

I have watched him play and what I saw was confirmed when I checked the stats for Alex Smith. I'm not trying to take away from Smith and say he's a horrible QB. But he's clearly no Peyton Manning and that's what people are trying to say Andrew Luck is. Maybe Luck isn't quite as special as some people want to believe he is. Again I'm not saying he's not a good to great QB, but imo it changes things if he's just the next good or great QB as opposed to the next Peyton Manning...again like some people are trying to say he is. This is why I've been questioning all along whether he's truly worth the #1 pick for us and losing the ability to trade for a king's ransom of draft picks.

I also agree that Luck's stats are very good, but all stats in college are inflated to some degree. Nick Foles, Kellen Moore, Matt Barkley, Brandon Wheedon and RG3 have similar or higher completion percentage.

I have watched him play and what I saw was confirmed when I checked the stats for Alex Smith. I'm not trying to take away from Smith and say he's a horrible QB. But he's clearly no Peyton Manning and that's what people are trying to say Andrew Luck is. Maybe Luck isn't quite as special as some people want to believe he is. Again I'm not saying he's not a good to great QB, but imo it changes things if he's just the next good or great QB as opposed to the next Peyton Manning...again like some people are trying to say he is. This is why I've been questioning all along whether he's truly worth the #1 pick for us and losing the ability to trade for a king's ransom of draft picks.

I also agree that Luck's stats are very good, but all stats in college are inflated to some degree. Nick Foles, Kellen Moore, Matt Barkley, Brandon Wheedon and RG3 have similar or higher completion percentage.

True, but I have seen that the recent Colts late first round picks have been just as much of a crapshoot, so maybe taking what could potentially be a stone to build another decade of playoff runs on isnt as much of a gamble as letting him walk. Said it before, valid arguments to both sides.

I'd definitely be willing to place my $ on the Colts drafting Luck or Landry if they have a very high pick. I seriously doubt Manning is going to be playing at a high level with a mediocre offensive line and carrying the team on his back after 2 surgeries for 4 years. I think it's nuts to think he will. He will play 2-3 years MAX. If he takes a hard with which will more than likely happen with the mediocre offensive line, he could easily be done.

It seems like some people want him to come back and play at a high level and carry the a Colts team filled with gaping holes on multiple fronts to the super bowl single handedly. Not only for one year but 4????? Really????? Think logically. Colts will get a QB, there are to many holes to fill for the Colts that they would have just as good of a chance at filling them via free agency and the draft opposed to the draft. If for some reason the Colts could rip someone off for the most amazing deal for any team in the draft ever it would be a different story. I'm talking about trading away Luck for a whole team basically. But for one or two extra picks, screw that.

I'd definitely be willing to place my $ on the Colts drafting Luck or Landry if they have a very high pick. I seriously doubt Manning is going to be playing at a high level with a mediocre offensive line and carrying the team on his back after 2 surgeries for 4 years. I think it's nuts to think he will. He will play 2-3 years MAX. If he takes a hard with which will more than likely happen with the mediocre offensive line, he could easily be done.

It seems like some people want him to come back and play at a high level and carry the a Colts team filled with gaping holes on multiple fronts to the super bowl single handedly. Not only for one year but 4????? Really????? Think logically. Colts will get a QB, there are to many holes to fill for the Colts that they would have just as good of a chance at filling them via free agency and the draft opposed to the draft. If for some reason the Colts could rip someone off for the most amazing deal for any team in the draft ever it would be a different story. I'm talking about trading away Luck for a whole team basically. But for one or two extra picks, screw that.

Trust me, no one's suggesting to trade the pick for one or 2 extra...I'm talking something that makes the Atlanta for Julio Jones trade look pedestrian. Heck I'll be honest, aside from the fact I honestly think it's the best thing to do, there's also a part of me that wants to see it happen just to see exactly how much someone is willing to give up for him.

If we play our Cards right, if we are UNLUCKY enough to get the 1st overall pick, We can possibly get Dre Kirkpatrick, who is 95% beast and Vontez Burfict who is 110% best (Reminds me a lot of Ray Lewis) in the same draft with extra picks for next year. Especially since I dont believe Burfict can run faster than a 4.7. He should definately be around mid first round.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLyou guys seriously would pass on a once in a lifetime opportunity to draft a franchise QB that could set us up on another run of greatness to draft a CB who are a dime a dozen.Hello,,the QB position is the mostimportant in sports and in the NFL it is virtually everything.You can have your CB ,they may never have this chance again.

If a QB is virtually everything, then why the Colts didn't win more SB rings in the past decade? We have arguably the best QB ever, and still, we have one ring, while the Steelers have 2, the Patriots have 3 in the pocket.

Luck is indeed a rare talent. But his draft value is also a rare thing. He is not an "every year" 1/1 pick, but a 1/1 that worths a s*load of early round picks if traded. For those picks, a team can load it's roster with multiple highly talented, game maker players. And do it for cheap (rookie contract), making some space for the FA market as well. So, no matter who will take Luck eventually, he better be bloody good - and i mean a Manning/Brady level, not simply a good/elite NFL QB -, otherwise he will not worth his price.

And even, if Luck will indeed become great, I'm almost sure that it will not do nearly as much good for the Colts as for any other team. The Colts are unique in the NFL regarding draft pick positions in the past decade. We picked at the average of #26th team since 2001, which is great because it means success, but also it had some obvious consequences regarding the roster. Our roster is drained by this fact, we lack talent in many positions. Manning at least had some help in young Harrison and some other top picks in the following years (Freeney, Edge, even Wayne), but what kind of team Luck will inherit? He will inherit a drained roster, wich - presuming that Luck will indeed be very good - will be doomed to pick in the middle/bottom of rounds for another decade? I don't see it as a success scenario. No team can survive 2 decades of draft pick disadvantage, no matter how great their QB is.

So, as I currently see, Luck is simply not an option for us. If we pick him, and he will be great, then he will have even less help from the team as Manning had. And this is the better scenario because if he will not become that great, then we just spent a good fortune on the biggest bust of the decade.

For this reason, I think the only good option for the Colts is to trade Luck, get as much 2012 and 2013 draft picks as possible, spend those picks on the roster, and make a gamble by drafting a cheap project QB in 2013/2014. This will make this team SB candidant for another 3-4 years under the leadership of the proven GOAT, and keep the roster in a manageable condition, so in the post-Manning era we will have better chances with a new QB.

Trust me, no one's suggesting to trade the pick for one or 2 extra...I'm talking something that makes the Atlanta for Julio Jones trade look pedestrian. Heck I'll be honest, aside from the fact I honestly think it's the best thing to do, there's also a part of me that wants to see it happen just to see exactly how much someone is willing to give up for him.

Yeah I would have no problem with that as long as we know Peyton is 100% and they could get a ridiculous trade for Luck. Miami is so horrible though so are a few other teams, should be interesting to see how things shape up for the Luck Sweepstakes.

At the same time I would have no problems with them picking up Luck or Landry as well.

Edited by Malakai432

If a QB is virtually everything, then why the Colts didn't win more SB rings in the past decade? We have arguably the best QB ever, and still, we have one ring, while the Steelers have 2, the Patriots have 3 in the pocket.

Luck is indeed a rare talent. But his draft value is also a rare thing. He is not an "every year" 1/1 pick, but a 1/1 that worths a s*load of early round picks if traded. For those picks, a team can load it's roster with multiple highly talented, game maker players. And do it for cheap (rookie contract), making some space for the FA market as well. So, no matter who will take Luck eventually, he better be bloody good - and i mean a Manning/Brady level, not simply a good/elite NFL QB -, otherwise he will not worth his price.

And even, if Luck will indeed become great, I'm almost sure that it will not do nearly as much good for the Colts as for any other team. The Colts are unique in the NFL regarding draft pick positions in the past decade. We picked at the average of #26th team since 2001, which is great because it means success, but also it had some obvious consequences regarding the roster. Our roster is drained by this fact, we lack talent in many positions. Manning at least had some help in young Harrison and some other top picks in the following years (Freeney, Edge, even Wayne), but what kind of team Luck will inherit? He will inherit a drained roster, wich - presuming that Luck will indeed be very good - will be doomed to pick in the middle/bottom of rounds for another decade? I don't see it as a success scenario. No team can survive 2 decades of draft pick disadvantage, no matter how great their QB is.

So, as I currently see, Luck is simply not an option for us. If we pick him, and he will be great, then he will have even less help from the team as Manning had. And this is the better scenario because if he will not become that great, then we just spent a good fortune on the biggest bust of the decade.

For this reason, I think the only good option for the Colts is to trade Luck, get as much 2012 and 2013 draft picks as possible, spend those picks on the roster, and make a gamble by drafting a cheap project QB in 2013/2014. This will make this team SB candidant for another 3-4 years under the leadership of the proven GOAT, and keep the roster in a manageable condition, so in the post-Manning era we will have better chances with a new QB.

What does both Pitts and NE have? Great QB's leading their team. Our great QB got us to 2 SB and play in the same division and at the same time that Pitts went to 3 and NE went to 4 SB I believe. You draft Luck because he increases your chances of going to the SB over trading his rights for picks. Unless you have a incredible strong D which the Colts don't and would take at least 3-4 years to build, you need a great QB. I will take my chances with Luck if given the opportunity over adding picks. I mean using your view the Colts should have traded Peyton's rights for more picks and just picked up a QB later in that draft or in future drafts...

What does both Pitts and NE have? Great QB's leading their team. Our great QB got us to 2 SB and play in the same division and at the same time that Pitts went to 3 and NE went to 4 SB I believe. You draft Luck because he increases your chances of going to the SB over trading his rights for picks. Unless you have a incredible strong D which the Colts don't and would take at least 3-4 years to build, you need a great QB. I will take my chances with Luck if given the opportunity over adding picks. I mean using your view the Colts should have traded Peyton's rights for more picks and just picked up a QB later in that draft or in future drafts...

The argument could be made that trading that #1 pick could have been a smart move. However, the facts that the only other QB from that class that amounted to anything was Matt Hasselbeck and that only 8 QBs were drafted in that entire class vs. the 4-6 I expect to be drafted in the first 2 rounds alone in the coming draft provide considerable differences to the 2 situations. ;)