Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ROTY (merge)

mjsimans

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any of the three rookie qb's this year is deserving of the award. They all set rookie records.   If Luck didn't have so many turnovers and a better completion percentage his argument would be stronger.  As it is it probably is enough for either RG3 or Russell Wilson to get the nod over him.  I'm alright with that.  I like our guy and feel good about the Colts' future going forward.  Long term I feel he will emerge as the best of the three. 

What RG3 did was impressive, imo.

I also agree that it can be argued he saved Shanahan's job.

Highest rookie QBR ever of 102.4

66% completion & 3200 yrds

20 passing TD's & 7 rushing td's as well as 800+ yards

Won the NFC East Division

only 5 INT's

5-1 VS NFC East Divisional Opponents

never had a multi-INT game all season

It's one thing to get this kind of efficiency from a veteran, but a rookie?

Amazing

RG3 had a better than 2011 Alex Smith type of season (17 td & 5 int)

with Cam Newton rushing numbers. (which RG3 broke)

Which btw, was Alex Smith's best season of his career.

Alex did that in his 7th season. (2011)

RG3 did it in his rookie campaign.

Why should RG3 be rookie of the year over Luck?

Because RG3 is gonna have a heck of a time surpassing & improving off those numbers in the future.

He will probably improve off of passing Yards(3200) & TD's(20), but at 66% click and only 5 INT's on the season?

That will be tough to repeat. Not to mention 7 rushing TD's & 800 yards rushing. Even his 8.1 yards --per pass completion will be tough to do again.

Do you think Luck can improve off of 23 TD's in the future?

Do you think Luck can throw less than 18 INT's in a season?

Do you think Luck can improve off of 54.1% completion rate in a season?

Do you think Luck can or will one day win his Division? (AFC South)

If you answer yes to these questions, then you should NOT be angry if RG3 wins ROTY.

Look, Luck had a good rookie season.

You guys made a good pick & have your guy.

Future looks bright for Washington, Indy & Seattle.

only 5 INT's

Amazing

Because RG3 is gonna have a heck of a time surpassing & improving off those numbers in the future.

He will probably improve off of passing Yards(3200) & TD's(20), but at 66% click and only 5 INT's on the season?

That will be tough to repeat. Not to mention 7 rushing TD's & 800 yards rushing. Even his 8.1 yards --per pass completion will be tough to do again.

If you answer yes to these questions, then you should NOT be angry if RG3 wins ROTY.

No one will be angry. We know our guy will not win this mildly interesting award. In fact, we are very happy that we have the best future QB in the league. The big question is, will you be unhappy if Wilson wins it? 

because of ESPN I actually cant stand robert griffin. its seriously a waste of time even pointing out why Luck deserves it when obviously all they want is the show. Love me some Luck, he said he would rather worry about learning the playbook and being a nfl qb than making commercials and all that flashy crap. Luck will still be chugging along when vick 2.0 is sitting on the side lines.

I predict a repeat of the "I hate Tom Brady" sentiments among a certain segment of Colts fans.  Hatred for Griffin because he is somehow a "threat" to Andrew Luck.  A repeat of the constant excuse making for any mistake Luck may make as was done with Manning. 

only 5 INT's

Amazing

What he might do in the future is irrelevent to ROY discussion.

And before he can do anything else, he needs to recover from a very serious injury.  He won't last if Shanahan keeps using him the way he did this year.  And eventually, the NFL tends to figure out an innovation in offense.  Then it will require Griffin to adapt, if he can still play.

I predict a repeat of the "I hate Tom Brady" sentiments among a certain segment of Colts fans.  Hatred for Griffin because he is somehow a "threat" to Andrew Luck.  A repeat of the constant excuse making for any mistake Luck may make as was done with Manning. 

Right.

And where is the criticism for Andrew Luck being on Parks and Rec?

It's ridiculous and isn't coming out, which is the way it should be. For all the QBs.

If RGIII farts the wrong way he's crucified by some.

Because the read option fart is just a fad, that is why...

The read option fart isn't like the wildcat shart, though. With the wildcat shart, you actually waste a good pair of trousers. While the read option fart is risky, you don't have that same scenario that you would have with the wildcat shart.

Right.

It's ridiculous and isn't coming out, which is the way it should be. For all the QBs.

Lol I was thinking about mentioning this but decided not to. Hilarious.

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, January 19, 2013 - personal shot
Hidden by shecolt, January 19, 2013 - personal shot
And yet another anti Colts post. The hits just keep on coming.....

No, just another anti-stupid-poster post. Not all Colts fans act ridiculous towards Griffin. Seeing the way you took it, it's safe to assume that you're one of the ones who do.

Right.

Lol I was thinking about mentioning this but decided not to. Hilarious.

this is a head scratcher to say the least....  why would we care if Luck or any other QB was on Parks and Rec?

and if someONE did say something about another QB being on a tv show that does not mean they speak for all Colts fans.

You are both borderline trolling this thread...

only 5 INT's

Amazing

Remember when Peyton won MVP but Brees (i think) had better #s and stats?

It's not all about stats.  Actual experts may notice what Luck had around him compared to the other rookie QBs.  At the beginning of the year everyone kept saying Luck would be the better QB but RG3 would have a better year because of the team around him.  Now that Luck took the so called 32nd ranked team to the playoffs and won one more game than RG3, some seem to forget how bad our 32nd ranked team's OLine and defense was... 

Voting for ROY is easy; I view it like voting for MVP. Imagine you are the GM of an expansion team with nobody on the roster. You can pick one rookie for one year to be on your team and have that rookie guaranteed to repeat identically the year they had in 2012.

Who do you take?

this is a head scratcher to say the least....  why would we care if Luck or any other QB was on Parks and Rec?

and if someONE did say something about another QB being on a tv show that does not mean they speak for all Colts fans.

You are both borderline trolling this thread...

As I mentioned in another post, which the mods decided to delete, I pointed out that it wasn't all Colts fans who did these questionable and ridiculous activities. Is it trolling to tell the truth? If you don't know what I'm talking about feel free to go back before and after the Draft, when Griffin was being criticized for being on commercials, wearing different colored socks, having action figures in his locker...it's hypocritical. And then bam...12 gets a FIFA commercial...and then you don't hear anything else about Griffin's commercials. Make sure you find everything out before calling someone a troll.

As I mentioned in another post, which the mods decided to delete, I pointed out that it wasn't all Colts fans who did these questionable and ridiculous activities. Is it trolling to tell the truth? If you don't know what I'm talking about feel free to go back before and after the Draft, when Griffin was being criticized for being on commercials, wearing different colored socks, having action figures in his locker...it's hypocritical. And then bam...12 gets a FIFA commercial...and then you don't hear anything else about Griffin's commercials. Make sure you find everything out before calling someone a troll.

i said borderline troll, not troll.  u r being racist ;)  against colts fans.... Every team fanbase has some overly biased fans.  I knew what you meant I just didnt like the generalization being made about all colts fans.  seems like the mods might have made ur posts look worse than they were if they deleted u clarifying that.  sorry if i came across grouchy but ur post struck a nerve for some reason...

i said borderline troll, not troll.  u r being racist ;)  against colts fans.... Every team fanbase has *s.  I knew what you meant I just didnt like the generalization being made about all colts fans.  seems like the mods might have made ur posts look worse than they were if they deleted u clarifying that.  sorry if i came across grouchy but ur post struck a nerve for some reason...

Nah it's cool man. I've heard this a lot. I'm a little candid in my responses and they can always be taken the wrong way. Cool beans though, we're good. :thmup:  :D

While I'm sure there is a certain amount of validity to it, I don't see it quite being like the Manning vs Brady hatred.  For one, we will only play against Griffin once every four years (barring a meeting in the SB), unlike Brady who we played every year for a decade (sometimes multiple times a season) and more often than not it didn't end well for our team/guy.

While I'm sure there is a certain amount of validity to it, I don't see it quite being like the Manning vs Brady hatred.  For one, we will only play against Griffin once every four years (barring a meeting in the SB), unlike Brady who we played every year for a decade (sometimes multiple times a season) and more often than not it didn't end well for our team/guy.

Listen to the tone of the attacks on Griffin. A FanBoy will resent every achievement by Griffin (or Wilson), and I think the reason is because the "we're #1" mentality says there can only be one "GOAT".  My brother lives in Green Bay territory, they've mostly moved on from Favre.  But before they did, I saw plenty of the same from them. 

Some folks can't enjoy the games because they don't like football (baseball, basketball etc), they like the feeling of being #1.  If they were actually succesful, or if they had a life, they wouldn't care.  The next day, we all have to go to work even if the Colts win the SB.  If we were sick, we're still sick.  If we had a bad marriage, the SB doesn't change that. 

The entertainment value should mainly be in watching the game.  Too bad some can't even enjoy the games.

Listen to the tone of the attacks on Griffin. A FanBoy will resent every achievement by Griffin (or Wilson), and I think the reason is because the "we're #1" mentality says there can only be one "GOAT".  My brother lives in Green Bay territory, they've mostly moved on from Favre.  But before they did, I saw plenty of the same from them. 

Some folks can't enjoy the games because they don't like football (baseball, basketball etc), they like the feeling of being #1.  If they were actually succesful, or if they had a life, they wouldn't care.  The next day, we all have to go to work even if the Colts win the SB.  If we were sick, we're still sick.  If we had a bad marriage, the SB doesn't change that. 

The entertainment value should mainly be in watching the game.  Too bad some can't even enjoy the games.

"Listen to Read the tone of the attacks on Griffin posters"..........see where I could take this?

Too true.

Putting things in perspective:

Luck - all his records, game winning drives, on a team that was 2-14 last year, average Defense, lackluster o-line and 11-5 record

RGIII - records, above average defense, rookie teammate (Morris) arguably deserves rookie of the year more than RGIII. Back up QB (fellow rookie) came in and won two games while RGIII was hurt

Wilson - record, product of a really good team, one of the best run games and one of the best defenses.

Summary:

RGIII is in a simple offense with a great run game and high percentage pass play calls

Wilson is a game manager with a great run game AND defense

Luck IS the offense (thus why he throws 50 times a game)

Not taking away anything from RGIII or Wilson, but how does Luck not run away with this?

I'll give credit to Luck for the game winning drives, but the passing yardage record, eh...How many times did he throw the ball this year?

627?  You should be able to throw for 4000+ yards.  In today's NFL, passing yardage is the most overrated stat in football because the NFL has basically legislated pass defense out of the football.

No rookie had as much hype as RG3 has had this year and no one has done more to live up to the expectations than RG3.

I'll give credit to Luck for the game winning drives, but the passing yardage record, eh...How many times did he throw the ball this year?

627?  You should be able to throw for 4000+ yards.  In today's NFL, passing yardage is the most overrated stat in football because the NFL has basically legislated pass defense out of the football.

No rookie had as much hype as RG3 has had this year and no one has done more to live up to the expectations than RG3.

Just because you throw a lot doesn't mean you are going to get a lot of yards or receptions.

Any of the three rookie qb's this year is deserving of the award. They all set rookie records.   If Luck didn't have so many turnovers and a better completion percentage his argument would be stronger.  As it is it probably is enough for either RG3 or Russell Wilson to get the nod over him.  I'm alright with that.  I like our guy and feel good about the Colts' future going forward.  Long term I feel he will emerge as the best of the three. 

Yup.  You can also say that if RG3 hadnt got hurt, his numbers would have been even MORE impressive than they already were.

Or if Wilson hadnt been babied for 6 games this year, his numbers would have been more impressive as well.

All the hype because hes on the redskins, media area ? No one cares, really. As i have heard so many times before the draft...the redskins had more of a complete team and where so much better then the colts...9-7  to 11-5 ? RG3 isnt even the best rookie on his team in my opinion. Morris is a beast and take a LOT of attention off of RG3. Luck had a weak running game and one of the weakest O lines in the NFL. . .ill keep Luck and his 2 good knees for the next 10-15 years. And all the attempts means he CARRIED the colts on his back. unlike rg3

All the hype because hes on the redskins, media area ? No one cares, really. As i have heard so many times before the draft...the redskins had more of a complete team and where so much better then the colts...9-7  to 11-5 ? RG3 isnt even the best rookie on his team in my opinion. Morris is a beast and take a LOT of attention off of RG3. Luck had a weak running game and one of the weakest O lines in the NFL. . .ill keep Luck and his 2 good knees for the next 10-15 years. And all the attempts means he CARRIED the colts on his back. unlike rg3

Why does everyone say that the Redskins were 9-7.  They were 10 and 6.  RG3 was 9-6 as a starter.

Rg3 was the reason the Redskins were winning early in the year.  Morris didnt hit his stride until the second half of the season.  The Colts runnign game was middle of the pack.  It was bad by any means.  YOu guys just wanted to pass the ball all over the field. 

RG3 is the best rookie on the team.  Lets not get silly.  It's a hell of a lot tougher playing QB than it is playing RB.  Morris is a beast, but Shanahan has a track record for taking people off the street and turning them into 1400 yard backs. 

I think that a lot of that will die down after this ROY is settled.  Sure there will be some that are bitter either way no matter who the award goes to.  Would I like to see Luck win it?  Absolutely I do.  Will it be the end of the world if he doesn't?  Absolutely not.  Without the constant rivalry or one costing the other something (like playoff wins) I just really don't see the sustained hatred going forward.  I don't see either of the two being legit MVP candidates for a few years from now so I don't see that being something that will continue the "attacks".  It might reignite if that ever becomes an issue.  I just think people get a little too invested in their horse in the race sometimes and that can lead to poor judgement in choice of words.  I think people find it easier to go on attack than go on defense.  I don't go over to other teams forums, so I can't say for a certainty but I would be willing to wager that a lot of Redskins fans say similar things about Luck, and I know for a fact Pats fans bashed on Manning any time an opportunity arose.  Is it right?  No  Is it human nature?  Unfortunately so.

Yes defintely agree, however he also lived up to my expectations of getting injured (not meaning that in a funny way). I had a gut feeling which was confirmed, they need to tweak that offense. I don't see how any Skins fan is going to want him running 120x/yr with a knee that's been blown out twice.