Photo

total domination

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#1 jvan1973

jvan1973
  • 11674 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

All three phases balled out. Most complete game of the year. Houston needed this game and we shut them down. Feels good going into the playoffs on a winning note

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 Indianapolis-Colts-Fan

Indianapolis-Colts-Fan
  • 579 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

Yeah it's kinda weird not resting! But I like it.

#3 pacolts56

pacolts56
  • 3073 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

Without question the best 60 minutes of Colts football since #18 lined up under center.

What a GREAT performance by this team!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

“With Andrew, the "it" factor is his knack for making people better.

He wants his teammates to have success, wants them to get the credit.

I’ve never seen anybody like him in that respect.”  – HS Coach Eliot Allen

#4 John Waylon

John Waylon
  • 3574 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

I thought the run game was lacking most of the day, but we did look good. Very good.
2012 mayan apocalypse survivor. We will rebuild.

#5 jvan1973

jvan1973
  • 11674 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

I thought the run game was lacking most of the day, but we did look good. Very good.

I agree.. Until the last drive of the game. They imposed their will pounding the rock the last drive

#6 Indianapolis-Colts-Fan

Indianapolis-Colts-Fan
  • 579 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

Another thing to consider. We held watt to under 22 sacks...

#7 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6823 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

I also love how we helped our Manning, don't like how we helped our Tom Brady though hahah!!!!!!!

Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid! 

Dancing Monkey BAM!  :monkeydance: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Bandit strikes again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#8 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13721 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

Easily the best game the Colts have played all year.  They finally put together a full 60 minutes.  Clearly they were playing for coach and that carried them some but it says a lot that the Colts just beat a team playing for homefield and they had nothing really on the line. 

Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#9 pacolts56

pacolts56
  • 3073 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

I agree.. Until the last drive of the game. They imposed their will pounding the rock the last drive

If we can build and sustain a running game as effective as that last drive....all I can say is watch out.

Ballard and the line show glimpses of what could be at times and collapse at other times.

If we upgrade that aspect of this offense....Andrew should be able to engineer a deadly and diverse attack.

“With Andrew, the "it" factor is his knack for making people better.

He wants his teammates to have success, wants them to get the credit.

I’ve never seen anybody like him in that respect.”  – HS Coach Eliot Allen

#10 JlynRN

JlynRN
  • 2890 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

Feels great going into the playoffs on a winning note !!!  I love it, and glad we didn't rest our starters.  They need all the play time they can get.  GOOOOOOOOO COLTS !!!!!!!!!!!  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:

#11 Blackhawk4

Blackhawk4

I am the stone that the builder refused

• Community Moderator
  • 2711 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

Total domination? You might want to take a look at the 3rd quarter before you say total domination. It was a very good game as a whole for the colts, but it was far from total domination.

"Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard" - Kevin Durant

#12 Snowglobe

Snowglobe
  • 407 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

Total domination? You might want to take a look at the 3rd quarter before you say total domination. It was a very good game as a whole for the colts, but it was far from total domination.

He's talking about all three phases.

Peyton Manning - 12 playoff losses - most in NFL history

#13 jvan1973

jvan1973
  • 11674 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

What i mean is our offense was better than theirs, our defense was better than theirs and our special teams was better than theirs

#14 Warhorse

Warhorse
  • 3732 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

Yeah it's kinda weird not resting! But I like it.

True. However, that shot that Reggie took was a head snap back, then a snap forward from a second hit. Concussion material. If he would have gotten one and been out for the rest of the season, resting would have seemed prudent. Just sayin.

I am extremely happy about the win and the message sent to our division rivals.

"Anyone a die harder fan? I will be there believing to the end. Who is with me?" Thread started by Steveeoaktree33 at 2:49 PM of the day the Colts executed the second largest comeback in NFL playoff history. Very few concurred.

#15 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6823 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

He's talking about all three phases.

No the three phases are always.

Phase 1. Steal underpants
Phase 2. ??????
Phase 3. Profit

Apparently phase 4-5 were to help out Denver and NE.

Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Bandit strikes again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#16 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6823 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

Boy I just watched that perfect pass again to Hilton, that was one perfect pass. Dropped into Hilton's arms.

#17 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13721 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

Boy I just watched that perfect pass again to Hilton, that was one perfect pass. Dropped into Hilton's arms.

Yes and signs of what is to come in years to come as those two get their timing down completely!  Our future is so bright even shades can't dull it!  I remember when Peyton got his timing down with Marvin his second year and it became most deadly combo in football for a few years.  I don't know if Hilton will be THAT good but he can be extremely good.

Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#18 matt986

matt986
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

And that was right after a beautiful pass to Reggie that got called back on holding.

#19 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6823 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

I love watching the last 6-7 minutes of the game as the hearts of the Texans were just ripped from their chest, the kings of he AFC demoralized by a young up and coming team. We got a new rivalry folks, and it's not the Patriots.

Now it's time to rip the hearts out of he Ravens...

Not literally.

#20 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6823 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

And that was right after a beautiful pass to Reggie that got called back on holding.

Yes it was, I was so mad at the Castonzo penalty. I was about ready to flip out. But perfection ensued the next play by two rookies, and bad Texans D.

#21 funktacious2

funktacious2
  • 1798 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

While it certainly felt like we played a full game, offensively Luck had less than 200 yards and we had like under 80 yards rushing. However, Luck and the offense put up the points when we needed it with no interceptions. The O-line held them to 1 sack, and more notably  perhaps Watt was shut out and he will remain in the history books 3 sacks shy of the record.

The biggest kudos goes to the special teams and the defense though. They certainly bent but did not break, and they won the turnover battle. 4 sacks, 2INTs not too shabby. Go Colts!

#22 funktacious2

funktacious2
  • 1798 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

Yes it was, I was so mad at the Castonzo penalty. I was about ready to flip out. But perfection ensued the next play by two rookies, and bad Texans D.

True, but in his defense, I feel like if he didn't hold Luck was going to get blind-sided.

#23 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13721 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

Yeah but if Castonzo doesn't hold there we are scraping what's left of Luck up off the field of LOS.  That's just one of those you have to do it and hope you don't get called like any tackle blocking Freeney :)

#24 Mesepher

Mesepher
  • Rookie
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

While it certainly felt like we played a full game, offensively Luck had less than 200 yards and we had like under 80 yards rushing.

Stats, Stats, Stats.

Just win, baby!?

#25 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6823 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

Yeah but if Castonzo doesn't hold there we are scraping what's left of Luck up off the field of LOS. That's just one of those you have to do it and hope you don't get called like any tackle blocking Freeney :)

Good point, sometimes holding calls can be worth while, fortunately pure perfection happened next.

#26 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13721 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

Good point, sometimes holding calls can be worth while, fortunately pure perfection happened next.

yep because if they don't get that play it is probably a very very different game from there on out. 

#27 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6823 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

yep because if they don't get that play it is probably a very very different game from there on out.

Indeed it is, I freaking ran out likes a long time ago or else I'd use some for you!!!!

#28 Callie

Callie
  • 198 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

They ate up a ton of clock on drive, starting with the first drive of the game. Anyone have the time of possesion stats?

#29 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13721 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

They ate up a ton of clock on drive, starting with the first drive of the game. Anyone have the time of possesion stats?

Colts won it 31:09 to 28:51 you have to remember the kickoff return kinda took away a possession and we had a bunch of three and outs in the third quarter and the quick score to HIlton.  With that said getting the ball back with about ten minutes to go and the Texans never seeing the ball again is impressive for any team it's even more impressive for a team that isn't a running team and hadn't been running the ball well to that point in the game. 

#30 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7507 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

This is a harbinger of things to come. Jax is a disaster, and if they bring in ST. Tim, it will get worse. The Titans aren't much better, they'll pretend that Locker is their franchise QB and try to use a barn at WR so he has a chance of hitting something.

Shaub is exactly what we saw today, an average QB who folds in the big games. Once Johnson is done, he'll be less than that.

We're going to dominate this division for the foreseeable future.

#31 House

House
  • 6972 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

Yeah but if Castonzo doesn't hold there we are scraping what's left of Luck up off the field of LOS. That's just one of those you have to do it and hope you don't get called like any tackle blocking Freeney :)

This. Luck was going to get obliterated.
In another moment, down went Alice after it, never once considering how in the world she was to get out again.

#32 Bubba

Bubba
  • 144 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:18 AM

Is everyone watching the same Colts game/games that I am ??? Reading through these forums you would think we (the Colts) were a huge favorite to make some sort of a deep run in the playoffs when in actuality we are really just going to be a punching bag next week. Andrew Luck is running for his life basically on every play every week. Our defense generally can't stop anyone and never mind Vontae has to hold all of the receivers that he is defending. Now I will say he did redeem himself a little with the 2 interceptions today. Next Sunday is going to be a completely different feel and unfortunately I think we will be getting a huge reality check. We clearly were playing extra hard for coach Pagano today which was fantastic. Go Colts!!

#33 SIXTHOBJECT

SIXTHOBJECT
  • 206 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:26 AM

Is everyone watching the same Colts game/games that I am ??? Reading through these forums you would think we (the Colts) were a huge favorite to make some sort of a deep run in the playoffs when in actuality we are really just going to be a punching bag next week. Andrew Luck is running for his life basically on every play every week. Our defense generally can't stop anyone and never mind Vontae has to hold all of the receivers that he is defending. Now I will say he did redeem himself a little with the 2 interceptions today. Next Sunday is going to be a completely different feel and unfortunately I think we will be getting a huge reality check. We clearly were playing extra hard for coach Pagano today which was fantastic. Go Colts!!

way to kill the spirit.....we are not even supposed to be here. but there is always that one.....

CHUCK STRONG!!!

#34 basketballsteve

basketballsteve
  • 1044 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:27 AM

True but the run game was excellent when we needed it most on the last drive.

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      31 Oct
    100GFB

Preparing for my second Indy trip. A stopover but a long trip none the less. I want a Colts victory but wonder what the Indy weather surprise me. Last year on my first trip to the LOS it was cold, my first trip this year it rained!

Show comments (1)
  • Photo
      31 Oct
    TKnight24

They stopped giving me Candy when I was 16 cause I was 6'1and they thought I was older than 16. 4 years later I'm 20 & 6'4...... but this time around, I have little cousins that I shall invoke my "Accompanying" 5% Charge on their collections tonight :). Who says Halloween isn't for us older folks? Haha

Show comments (2)
View All Updates