Photo

We're Too Young to Rest

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7281 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

From Reggie's mouth to Chuck's ears. This is another reason to love the guy, as if we really needed it.

http://www.indystar....?nclick_check=1

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 Susie Q

Susie Q

If You Knew Susie

• 2845 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

I agree with Reggie. We need to play those that are not injured for sure. :thmup: Who knows we may shock the Texans and drop them in the ranks. :)

#3 HGRekks

HGRekks
  • 746 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

I think the Colts need to play because the Texans are a high profile team and a great prep game for the playoffs. Real, playoff bound competition to get everyone ready.

#4 azcolt

azcolt
  • 338 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

Hopefully whatever decisions are made, the return of Pagano is not a deciding factor. I could see them not wanting to lay an egg on Pagano's return but the goal is to win the playoff game next week, not a game that is no more important than a preseason game. Imagine the consequences if Reggie or Luck is knocked out of the playoffs in this game.

#5 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6638 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

This game is practically going to have the intensity of a playoff game anyways, what better way to prepare indeed.

Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid! 

Dancing Monkey BAM!  :monkeydance: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Bandit strikes again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#6 mightisright

mightisright
  • 427 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

Play the first half strong.  If we're still in it, continue.  If we're out of the game by the end of the first half, rest some of the starters that are a little banged up. 

#7 SOMDColtsfan

SOMDColtsfan
  • 730 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

Agree with Reggie. Total different team and circumstances than past years to be resting starters. Nothing to lose attitude by the Colts can be very dangerous for opposing teams, hope this plays out well. Go Colts!

#8 AustinCollie17

AustinCollie17

• 2189 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

We might as well treat this as a playoff game because there is a slim chance we will host a playoff game
Waiting for the draft...

#9 alfred87

alfred87
  • 180 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

Well, last time we rested our starters we had a big lead over the jets and they managed to come back into the game thanks to curtis painter, still, we have a better backup qb now, and this texans game is a great way for andrew luck to get ready for playoffs
Tornadoes #87 DE/OLB

#10 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7281 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

I agree with Reggie, anyone who can play should.

I have to wonder if both teams will play vanilla? I know neither team is going to show anything new.

#11 betheafan41

betheafan41
  • 1255 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

they need to play because their playing spoiler this weekend. a win again houston drops houston possibly to number 3 in the conference and nixes their bye week chances. 

Believe In Blue!!!

#12 wig

wig
  • 659 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

Never been a fan of giving a game away. Momentum counts, and beating the Texans would give the team a huge boost.

#13 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6638 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

Well, last time we rested our starters we had a big lead over the jets and they managed to come back into the game thanks to curtis painter, still, we have a better backup qb now, and this texans game is a great way for andrew luck to get ready for playoffs

How dare you put the blame Curtis Painters stellar performance!!!!!!!!!

haha

Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid! 

Dancing Monkey BAM!  :monkeydance: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Bandit strikes again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#14 ScottC

ScottC
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

I have to wonder if both teams will play vanilla?

I have no problem with this, but I definitely do not want us to rest healthy players.  I think we can still avoid losing our timing by keeping it basic.

#15 alfred87

alfred87
  • 180 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:55 AM

We should just go for the win, it doesnt matter if we are playing starters or second stringers
Tornadoes #87 DE/OLB

#16 INColts12

INColts12
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:20 AM

Rest the Starters....Ain't Nobody got time for that!!!

#17 drv83192

drv83192
  • Rookie
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:03 AM

I like It!! Go Colts!!! :rock:

#18 chrisfarley

chrisfarley
  • 2224 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:14 AM

ok, i think we'll probably win vs. texans but what if, what if, we lay an egg and get blown out? Here's my concern after thinking about this ... would it just simply deflate our team moral and the season accomplishments? I don't think so but if we play to win but don't play people who are able to play but are sitting to rest an injury or ding, are we really playing to win? A blow-out ruins the day, the moment, the tide, the big "mo" going into Baltimore. Was tossing and turning last night, that's all.

#19 Coltsman1788

Coltsman1788
  • 2265 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

Can't ask for a better post season primer than playing the Texans in week 17 when they have something to play for.  We don't have anything to play for seeding-wise but we have everything to play for at the same time.  ChuckStrong. 

The Colts...Imprinting horse shoes on kicked butts since 1953.
Colts.com posts: 1,115

#20 sb2001

sb2001
  • 428 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:52 AM

I would have said rest em, but I'm pretty lazy. I will take Reggie's word for it since he is 1000000% smarter at this game than me. I just thought the season must seem really long to the rookies.
WHY NOT US!

#21 LJpalmbeacher

LJpalmbeacher
  • 462 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

Too young to rest?

Not too young to get key players injured in a meaning-less game with the playoffs 6 or 7 days away.

#22 Coltswarriors

Coltswarriors
  • 2087 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:22 PM

Agreed! Play to win!

Keep the streak alive of Houston not able to win in Indy. :)

#23 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7281 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

Too young to rest?
Not too young to get key players injured in a meaning-less game with the playoffs 6 or 7 days away.

No offense, but that argument doesn't hold water. You can't play not to get injured.

Anyway, according to the Indy Star, Pagano said its not in our DNA. Love that guy!

http://www.indystar....-build-momentum

#24 dilwert

dilwert
  • Rookie
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

Wonder if you would share the same thoughs after a key player gets hurt and we get eliminated in the first round only because " we are trying to prove a point."

#25 LJpalmbeacher

LJpalmbeacher
  • 462 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:45 AM

No offense, but that argument doesn't hold water. You can't play not to get injured.

Anyway, according to the Indy Star, Pagano said its not in our DNA. Love that guy!

http://www.indystar....-build-momentum

Ignorence is Bliss.

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates