Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck grades himself as Average with a "C"

SilentHill

http://www.nfl.com/n...ve-been-average

Wow, He is on pace to break all kinds of rookie records, and he says he is only playing average.It speaks volumes for Luck's character. I can only imagine what his play would have to be like to grade himself with an "A"

I had exactly the same thought... If that game was C what his ceiling can be?

With most people I'd suspect this comment to have a degree of false humility to it, but not with this guy. I think he genuinely thinks he should be doing better at this point.

On a smaller side note to Mr Luck's personality, re watching some of the sound fx moments last night I'm starting to suspect he has quite a dry sense of humour but he plays it very "straight".

The reporter asks "If you grade yourself a C, what would a perfect grade look like". Luck says, "Win every game, 0 incompletions, and 0 interceptions would be good, so we will continue to work to get there!" I love that! Wanna know what he is working for? Perfection! Anything short of that is not good enough! How great is that! I do agree, Mr. Luck seems to be a very humble and capable leader. Again I say "What a great and exciting time to be a Colt fan"! :D

He knows he can improve, because he already has/is. More was asked of him than can be expected and as he delivers, or learns from a few mistakes, he keeps getting better and better. I think he is poised to have a monster second half of the season. He'll still make a mistake here and there, but less and less as he continues to get more experience on the field. I think he is genuine, no backhanded {ahem} 'compliments' to other players noted. So glad he is a Colt!

Andrew luck stated, Perfection to him means, Win every game and have no incompletions and no interceptions. It's never been done before and may never be done...He has set a goal though and thats what hes working for. It's amazing for us to be QB blessed with intelligent QBs who work their brain and body to the max for their team. (We could have Cutler or Rivers, whom cry after every mistake they make and blame their team!)

With most people I'd suspect this comment to have a degree of false humility to it, but not with this guy. I think he genuinely thinks he should be doing better at this point.

On a smaller side note to Mr Luck's personality, re watching some of the sound fx moments last night I'm starting to suspect he has quite a dry sense of humour but he plays it very "straight".

I already liked Luck before watching the NFL mic'd video, but afterwards I liked him even more. He obviously loves what he does and is a great teamate.

As far as his grade, it's good to see that he feels the need to improve. There have been rookie QBs before that came out hot and never got better, because they didn't feel the need to improve.

This is where he most reminds me of Manning. And yes, from watching his press conferences, I'm convinced it's genuine. Only when you saw near flawless execution and extreme efficiency did Manning ever seem satisfied. Luck is the same way. You heard him talking on Sunday about all 11 offensive pieces finally moving in unison for once.

http://www.nfl.com/n...ve-been-average

Wow, He is on pace to break all kinds of rookie records, and he says he is only playing average.It speaks volumes for Luck's character. I can only imagine what his play would have to be like to grade himself with an "A"

He's right..though..he hasnt been great...I expect him to be much better in the second half...

Except for those games with Houston and NE, This whole thing can only get better

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000091141/article/andrew-luck-of-indianapolis-colts-ive-been-average

Hopefully we will eventually see!

I had exactly the same thought... If that game was C what his ceiling can be?

Win every game, 0 incompletions, and 0 interceptions would be good, so we will continue to work to get there! - Andrew Luck.

That is the drive for perfection that PM had. I'm glad to see AL has it too. The only thing better would be AL holding everyone accountable like PM did. When a leader leads by example and motivates everyone else to get on their level, you have a great thing.

Win every game, 0 incompletions, and 0 interceptions would be good, so we will continue to work to get there! - Andrew Luck.

That is the drive for perfection that PM had. I'm glad to see AL has it too. The only thing better would be AL holding everyone accountable like PM did. When a leader leads by example and motivates everyone else to get on their level, you have a great thing.

As far as I know Luke so far, I think if he reached that aim, he would grade himslef a B+ perhaps...

As far as I know Luke so far, I think if he reached that aim, he would grade himslef a B+ perhaps...

I think Vader would give him an F after that whole Death Star incident... haha Just joking man, I agree though. No athlete feels like they have reached their ceiling, regardless of how well they play. See: Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers...

I suspect you'll see him holding teammates accountable sooner rather than later, but I also suspect his humility requires him to do more to establish himself first... kinda like his avoidance of becoming a marketing/advertising machine yet.

23rd scoring offense. 56 % completion percentage. 79 quarterback rating. That is a solid C in the passing era. At least he's honest.

Thats not even a fair comparison. Stats do not tell the whole story. His heart, coolness under pressure, and leadership abilty under center. All those traits must factor into a grade.

He hasn't been great, but surely he's been better than average.

But really.....check back.....he's left a lot of yards on the artificial turf.......

I think for him...he HAS been average...and he knows it.. With his arm and composure.....and rookies around him getting settled in...

.....keep it quiet.......but I think he'll break 5,000 yards