Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck to meet with Redskins "Multiple Times"

Dan

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d82827a9b/article/andrew-luck-robert-griffin-iii-to-have-multiple-redskins-visits?campaign=Twitter_writers

Both Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III will meet with the Washington Redskins multiple times between now and draft day, per a league source.

Redskins general manager Bruce Allen said Friday that his team is taking a standard approach to evaluating Griffin, whom many have projected the Redskins will draft with the No. 2 pick in the 2012 NFL Draft.

"No different than any of the previous years -- we send our coaches to college campus for player evaluations," Allen said in an email to NFL Network. "In the coming weeks, we will be visiting some other colleges."

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said there are no rules against teams conducting multiple visits with prospects in their hometown or college.

Luck's decision to work out for both the Redskins and Indianapolis Colts stands in contrast to Griffin's approach. Colts owner Jim Irsay said the Baylor quarterback's agent turned down the team's request for a private workout.

Redskins coach Mike Shanahan has said he would be comfortable with taking either quarterback in the draft.

Sorry but.. what do Redskins have to evaluate? They don't get to choose which quarterback they take, and they will 100% be taking one of them, unless they traded up mindlessly.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d82827a9b/article/andrew-luck-robert-griffin-iii-to-have-multiple-redskins-visits?campaign=Twitter_writers

Both Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III will meet with the Washington Redskins multiple times between now and draft day, per a league source.

Redskins general manager Bruce Allen said Friday that his team is taking a standard approach to evaluating Griffin, whom many have projected the Redskins will draft with the No. 2 pick in the 2012 NFL Draft.

"No different than any of the previous years -- we send our coaches to college campus for player evaluations," Allen said in an email to NFL Network. "In the coming weeks, we will be visiting some other colleges."

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said there are no rules against teams conducting multiple visits with prospects in their hometown or college.

Luck's decision to work out for both the Redskins and Indianapolis Colts stands in contrast to Griffin's approach. Colts owner Jim Irsay said the Baylor quarterback's agent turned down the team's request for a private workout.

Redskins coach Mike Shanahan has said he would be comfortable with taking either quarterback in the draft.

Sorry but.. what do Redskins have to evaluate? They don't get to choose which quarterback they take, and they will 100% be taking one of them, unless they traded up mindlessly.

Just to give me false hope. :)

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 9, 2012 - racist
Hidden by Nadine, April 9, 2012 - racist

Cool....now Griffin can stand by and watch how an actual #1 overall handles himself pre-draft.

Headline Washington Gazette;

We gave up two years worth of draft picks and all we got was this crappy shirt.

Baylor_032112_440.jpg

"I be determined to not workout fo you".

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 9, 2012 - quoting deleted post
Hidden by Nadine, April 9, 2012 - quoting deleted post

Cool....now Griffin can stand by and watch how an actual #1 overall handles himself pre-draft.

Baylor_032112_440.jpg

I would not doubt one bit if this was "kick in the butt" to RG3 from the Redskins. Telling him he is guaranteed nothing.

Robert Griffin III refusing to work out for the Colts gave me flash backs to Ryan Leaf. RG3 will be a bust. Irsay is making me angry by saying he has no clue who we are going to pick first in the draft. If that is the case why in the heck did he let Manning go?

I seen this earlier. We have the first pick. Doesn't matter how many times either works out with them. It won't change our decision. Luck is just doing his role. Doesn't mean he feels any angst toward us not signing him. There really isn't an upside to sign him now anyway.

Irsay was just trying to steal media attention back when all the Shanahan/RGIII news hit,

you got rid of the man to get the man....now your making it look like you don't know, by making it into a circus you only show how indecisive, and unprepared you seem to be.

Go ahead and finish what you started, "make it the right decision" as someone who took you far once said.

Yea but does anyone want to really play for the skins.....if the owner didn't have deep pockets their team would always bee the absolute bottom feeder....

Salary cap is the same for all teams. The days of Snyder spending like crazy for over the hill free agents is over.

I don't get the RGIII hate.

Nothing more can be accomplished during a private workout. If a GM is basing his decision on that then he shouldn't be in that position.

Wholeheartedly agree. The kid is well spoken, smart, has a great personality and has never been in trouble as far as I know. I don't know why some people here feel the need to make fun of him or downgrade him in any way.

His career is out there on tape, he had his pro day, and he won the Heisman. Like you said, if it takes another workout for a team to make a decision on him, they need to look at their process.

All that being said, personally I feel he and Luck will both be great QBs and are about as equal a choice as possible.

What is the point of all this hate for (Heisman Trophy Winner) Robert Griffin 3rd??...... Luck and Griffin are just two talented Men playing a sport that they both love. Anybody who wants to criticize and try to analyze them before they step foot on an actual NFL playing field on game day.. is ignorant. It's nothing wrong with rooting for who you like and want under a Colts helmet.. but it's another to call somebody a bust or arrogant just because you like the other guy. You are just letting everyone see whats trully behind your hate... I will leave that part alone.

What happend to bleeding blue and just wanting good players on the team so the Colts can win on game day.. no matter who is under center?

I think people are trying to read way too much into this. The Redskins don't know which QB will be available when they pick (because it is ultimately not their decision), so they are working out both of them. I think it really is as simple as that. There are no hidden messages or subterfuge or bait-and-switch tactics at play.

Hello Colts fans!

As a quick introduction, I was born and raised in Maryland and therefore have been a lifelong Redskins fan. However, my 2nd favorite team has always been the Colts, stemming back to their days in Baltimore. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the Colts and have pulled for them over the years.

With regard to the reports of the Redskins meeting with both RGIII and Luck, I believe it's a similar situation to the recent comments from Irsay in regards to his "indecision" of drafting Luck or RGIII. It just seems, to me anyway, that both teams are trying to be politically correct with their comments and actions and trying not to publicly disrespect either player. Both Luck and RGIII are high character individuals, as well as both being highly skilled QB's, and I just think both deserve the ultimate respect they're both currently receiving from both teams.

I believe both the Colts and the Redskins are in great positions. Luck seems like the perfect fit for the Colts and the city of Indianapolis, and RGIII appears to be a perfect fit for the Redskins and the system Mike Shanahan wants to run. However, it also appears that fans of both teams are a bit nervous their respective teams will make the right decisions and draft the right player.

I think many football fans around the league were stunned when Irsay started his rebuilding project by firing Bill Polian. Polian was widely regarded around the league as a top tier GM, if not one of the best. I acknowledge that some have questioned Polian's recent drafts, but it's also acknowledged that Polian built a team that won 10 games or more every season but one from 1999 through 2010. That's pretty darn good.

Then came the firing of the coaching staff and the outright release of a guaranteed 1st ballot Hall of Famer in Peyton Manning. Some casual observers around the league - including me - think these were some head-scratching moves. (And trust me, I'm not hating on Irsay or the Colts... the owner of my team makes plently of head-scratching moves.)

So with that in mind, do you - the loyal and most knowledgeable of Colts fans - believe Jim Irsay could pull off another head-scratcher and draft RGIII instead of Luck? I mean... a move like that could throw the Earth's polar axis off balance!

Thanks in advance. And by the way... this appears to be a great site! Well done!

I don't get the RGIII hate.

Nothing more can be accomplished during a private workout. If a GM is basing his decision on that then he shouldn't be in that position.

A private workout isn't just an opportunity to see them throw. There is much to gleam from a prospect by spending as much time around him as possible. Talking, interviewing and just seeing how he conducts himself when he lets his guard down could go a long way in closing the gap.

I do not blame Luck one bit for working out with the Redskins. The Colts have been dragging their feet way too long, mainly Mr. Irsay!

Dragging our feet? We don't have to decide till the draft. Just because we aren't rushing into this doesn't mean we are dragging our feet. Irsay and the colts have said all along they were going to do thier homework and when you have to make this kind of call it's the smart thing to do. Also just because they aren't going public with it doesn't mean the colts haven't made up thier minds. Just yeaterday irsay admitted that the colts had leaned towards luck from the start but were doing the right thing and being open minded. Now the redskins are doing thier home work too and luck is just doing what most players do in his spot. There is nothing strange going on here by any involved.

How exactly have the Colts been dragging their feet, the draft has not happened yet.

Some seem to have wanted him signed a month ago when they announced it could be done.

Some fail to realize the risk/reward involved in signing one too soon is heavy on the risk side and light on the reward.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 9, 2012 - quoting deleted post
Hidden by Nadine, April 9, 2012 - quoting deleted post

Baylor_032112_440.jpg

Wow!
Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 9, 2012 - inflammatory
Hidden by Nadine, April 9, 2012 - inflammatory

You might have misread - he said how does that help Colts, not hinder.

You have your opinion and I have mine. I need to make a list now of all the Luckites to ridicule later on.
Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, April 8, 2012 - calling others racist, baiting, many more reasons
Hidden by 21isSuperman, April 8, 2012 - calling others racist, baiting, many more reasons

Wow!

The level of racism is suprising isnt it? If RG3 were white everyone would want him on this forum I guarantee that.
Posted (edited) · Hidden by 21isSuperman, April 8, 2012 - response to hidden post
Hidden by 21isSuperman, April 8, 2012 - response to hidden post

mod edit

I'm more surprised that the Mods let it slide haha

But God forbid you say >>> driver.

You know the tool you use to drive SKREWS with

Edited by 21isSuperman
Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, April 8, 2012 - complaining about moderation
Hidden by 21isSuperman, April 8, 2012 - complaining about moderation

I'm more surprised that the Mods let it slide haha

But God forbid you say >>> driver

the colts forum SS practices selective moderation
Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, April 8, 2012 - response to hidden post
Hidden by 21isSuperman, April 8, 2012 - response to hidden post

The level of racism is suprising isnt it? If RG3 were white everyone would want him on this forum I guarantee that.

What racism? And no they probably wouldn't - if RG3 were better than Luck then I think more people would want him.

Seriously the "subconscious racism" card does my head in - who wanted Anthony Gonzalez over Reggie Wayne? Who wouldn't take back a fit Sanders over Zbikowski? Who thinks Tannehill is a better option than Griffin? Oh right - nobody, because people prefer skill over skin colour.