Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tom James ‏@TribStarTJames MCKinney MCL out for year.

Marcio James

now with davis we don't have to worry about a cb in the draft. we can now draft nt star loutelei who many scouts think is the next ngata. nt is the most important position in the 3-4 and star would be a force in the middle.

No thank you. Way overvalued, IMO. We don't need to spend a first on a NT.

Hope the surgery goes well...and i wish him a speedy recovery. I think we can find someone on the wavier wire that will help and we also can see how some of the guys on the current roster hold up. I thought McKinney was just ok at best so to me loosing him isnt a huge loss when we can upgrade or get someone just as good. I know there isn't a time table to Chapman so i still hope he doesnt feel like he has to rush his recovery to see the field.

I am wondering what they can do with Whalen? Put him on PUP? He will take a roster spot. Put him on IR? He may come back later in the season. Cut him? If no one claims him they can sign him later but they risk losing him.

You cant put him on pup; you have to start the year there.

If we're past the first cuts, i think the consensus was that you can put him directly to IR now where he didn't take up a roster spot.

????????????????

That is now THE position of need on the defense? I guess you're leaning Oline...which is also a need but if anyone needs a NT, it is the Colts.

Yep. OLB could be a big need, too, unless Hughes continues to impress.

now with davis we don't have to worry about a cb in the draft. we can now draft nt star loutelei who many scouts think is the next ngata. nt is the most important position in the 3-4 and star would be a force in the middle.

Yeah because we're going to draft the Next Ngata out of the top 10? We're not going to be in position to draft him if he is what you say he is.

You cant put him on pup; you have to start the year there.

If we're past the first cuts, i think the consensus was that you can put him directly to IR now where he didn't take up a roster spot.

If it is first cuts, then we can IR him on Tuesday with no waivers. But honestly, at this time of the year with teams being forced to get rid of 15 players a piece, no one would claim Whalen off waivers.

In related news, the NFLPA rejected the proposal for a less restrictive IR designation, so for now, it's either full season IR or nothing for Whalen.