Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If you could change one thing about the NFL...

21isSuperman

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tagliabue did really well in expanding the league. I wouldn't say Goodell has been terrible, but he has made a number of questionable decisions, in my opinion. With that said, you can't please everybody

Its not about pleasing everybody, Its about simplifying the rules to where there is no gray areas (It can easily be done). Its about making accusations and backing them up with proof, and suspending an athlete for what he did in college? seriously?

If you could change one thing about the NFL, past or present, what would you do? Personally, I would go back and have the Colts hire Belichick as the head coach. I would love to have seen what Belichick and Peyton could do together. What would you change?

I would extend the season by at least another month. I'd do it without adding more game, but by adding more bye weeks, maybe four total. Players would get more rest and fans would have more football. The NFL would make more money with TV revenue.

I'd also change the IR rule so a player could come back after being on IR for a minimum of 8 games.

Doesn't a spring Super Bowl sound good?

I would eliminate the bye weeks from the playoffs by adding 2 playoff teams in each conference.

High school football is over by the time the NFL playoffs start.

So I would have 2 games on Friday night. 6 & 9

3 games on Saturday 1, 4, 8

3 games on Sunday 1,4, 8

It gives fans more playoff games, it gets rid of the bye week. It gives the NFL & Owners more $.

I'd remove the tuck rule. Dumbest thing I've heard. Patriots got a gift. You know it's bad when even Tom Brady knows he fumbled! We wouldn't even be talking about them being a dynasty if it weren't for this farce. So @ 3:07, if a QB pump fakes over and over again, even if he loses the football, he can't be fumbled? Yea, makes a lot of sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiD9cF48AE0

I would eliminate the bye weeks from the playoffs by adding 2 playoff teams in each conference.

High school football is over by the time the NFL playoffs start.

So I would have 2 games on Friday night. 6 & 9

3 games on Saturday 1, 4, 8

3 games on Sunday 1,4, 8

It gives fans more playoff games, it gets rid of the bye week. It gives the NFL & Owners more $.

It's a good idea, but then we'd have eight teams from each conference heading into the playoffs. Might as well make it the top two of each division advance. 50% seems like a high number to send to the playoffs.

It's a good idea, but then we'd have eight teams from each conference heading into the playoffs. Might as well make it the top two of each division advance. 50% seems like a high number to send to the playoffs.

It might not be ideal, and I would leave it more like it is. 4 division champs and the next 4 overall based on record as opposed to top 2 from each division.

To me it would be far more interesting than the 4 teams receiving bye's. In the very least you add one team to each conference and only give the #1 seed a bye. Either version would be an improvement of what is in place.

Last year's playoffs would have been:

AFC

1 Patriots vs 8 Jets

2 Ravens vs 7 Titans

3 Broncos vs. 6 Bengals

4 Texans vs 5 Steelers

NFC

1 Packers vs. 8 Cardinals

2 49ers vs. 7 Bears

3 Saints vs. 6 Lions

4 Giants vs. 5 Falcons

Some interesting matchups.

If you could change one thing about the NFL, past or present, what would you do? Personally, I would go back and have the Colts hire Belichick as the head coach. I would love to have seen what Belichick and Peyton could do together. What would you change?

I thought about it for a while and the best thing I could think of would be to do what exactly you said. There would be no Patriots dynasty and the Colts dynasty would be reigning supreme even now.

I know it would have given us a harder time and would mean more outdoor games, but at the last realignment which created the AFC south, I would have put the Colts in the North with the Ohio teams and Pittsburgh and put the Ravens in the South.

Over the long-term, the growth of rivalries with these three nearby cities would be a Great thing for Colts. I believe the relative proximity of all four teams would have really fed the growth of the fan base.

Bert Jones never got injured.

The Colts would have signed Elway.

Then move on to PM.

Then move on to Luck.

That's like 4+ decades of really good QB play, and Painter would only be someone in white coveralls and hat.

I agree with this one! If you don't like the team that drafted you, just play through your rookie contract. If you play well enough, the team you want to sign with might even think of signing you!

If you're talking about Terrelle Pryor, that was absolutely the right decision.

5 games for receiving illegal benefits in college when how much do college athletes make? Just a case of Goodell exercising his authority to much I think, whats the exact punishment in regards to that in college? 5 games was way to steep in my opinion, Bush wasn't suspended,

I wish that safety had been at the forefront from Day 1 of American professional football and that so many elderly ex players were not suffering from dementia; and some of the middle aged ex players not suffering from onset Alzheimers. I wish that the Dave Duerson's and the Junior Seau's had sought help and remained with us (among others.)

Today I wish the NFL would open the market to the most advanced helmets money can buy. Riddell has owned the market for years. I would hope the NFL would step up and make this happen now.

I know I usually go for a little humor, but I do not want to see the game we love not played by today's youth. NFL football is simply the best, and that is why we talk about it every day!!

Then move on to PM.

Then move on to Luck.

That's like 4+ decades of really good QB play, and Painter would only be someone in white coveralls and hat.

Well if two happens then three wouldn't.

5 games for receiving illegal benefits in college when how much do college athletes make? Just a case of Goodell exercising his authority to much I think, whats the exact punishment in regards to that in college? 5 games was way to steep in my opinion

You think Goodell was overstepping his bounds? I think the NCAA WANTED him to be harsh! How else could they punish a player who had already left their jurisdiction? Once Pryor decided he didn't want to play at Ohio State anymore, the NCAA had no way to punish him. If Goodell didn't punish him, there would be too many athletes taking advantage of the system.

Then move on to PM.

Then move on to Luck.

Don't forget, we've already got dibs on Marshall Manning when he comes out.

Two might not have happened if Jones was never injured.. You never know...

I enjoyed watching Bert Jones as much as anyone....loved the infield mud and and muck at Memorial Stadium....with a dose of Lydell Mitchell and John Dutton (Hold the mutton) :)

They could have taken Pryor to court and hit him were it hurts in his bank account, i have no problem with the supension, I have a problem with the inconsistency Goodell has shown, Bush wasn't suspended

It would be hard to get anything from Pryor because he hadn't made any money yet. It's near impossible to get a ruling based on probable future income, and he had yet to earn a single dime.

Bush wasn't suspended, but he was forced to relinquish his Heisman. That would hurt more in my opinion...

They could have taken Pryor to court and hit him were it hurts in his bank account, i have no problem with the supension, I have a problem with the inconsistency Goodell has shown, Bush wasn't suspended

I think the punishment they did was far better and more appropriate. If they took Pryor to court, not sure what they could have charged him with. He didn't break any actual government laws, just violated the rules of the sport he was in. The suspension was appropriate and now it starts to set a precedent. Precedents have to be set at some point. Prior to the be precedent being set, those who broke the rules got away with it. It's just the nature of the beast. At least now they won't get away with it.