Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck showing some Peyton Manning . . . Amazing!

weslo1812

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000046590/article/andrew-lucks-football-savvy-stuns-colts-coach-chuck-pagano?module=HP11_content_stream - - - I was just laughing after I read this article. Andrew Luck is giving me so much confidnce in what this Offense is gonna be able to do. He is soooooo far ahead mentally its not even funny. And he still is not satisfied with where he is at which I Love, he is not complacent. Good read here though.

Our Passing game is gonna be lethal, I see it coming. Especially if we can build a decent running game to help off set defenses were gonna be a nightmare for many teams. I say year two this offense could hit full stride. Im saying that this is a good possibility not that it gonna happen just to be clear.

I love the excitement and enthusiasm here....

But while Luck may a great rookie, and our WR/TE group looks like it could surprise greatly to the upside.... there's also this....

We don't have much of an OL... we shouldn't expect much better than average (at least, not until they show they can) and we don't have much of a running game.

Those two things alone will hold down just how great our passing game will be and how great Luck will be in his rookie year.

Don't pop the champagne corks just yet..... remember, in pre-season games, almost everything is pure vanilla. Then, week one hits and the game gets incredibly fast and incredibly complicated. There will be long, bumpy days ahead. :omg:

Count on it.....

But while Luck may a great rookie, and our WR/TE group looks like it could surprise greatly to the upside.... there's also this....

We don't have much of an OL... we shouldn't expect much better than average (at least, not until they show they can) and we don't have much of a running game.

Those two things alone will hold down just how great our passing game will be and how great Luck will be in his rookie year.

Don't pop the champagne corks just yet..... remember, in pre-season games, almost everything is pure vanilla. Then, week one hits and the game gets incredibly fast and incredibly complicated. There will be long, bumpy days ahead. :omg:

Count on it.....

You might not have enough confidence in running game,but i do heard it here first donald atleast 1500 yds

http://www.nfl.com/n..._content_stream - - - I was just laughing after I read this article. Andrew Luck is giving me so much confidnce in what this Offense is gonna be able to do. He is soooooo far ahead mentally its not even funny. And he still is not satisfied with where he is at which I Love, he is not complacent. Good read here though.

I see what you did there haha

Count on it.....

I don't want to "like" that, but I agree. I think the optimism is cool, but we'll probably be scratching our heads as to why Peyton is a Bronco by week 10. :oops:

Edit. For this season.

You might not have enough confidence in running game,but i do heard it here first donald atleast 1500 yds

Wow..thats pretty bold. I think its easy to say great positive things about our team but much more difficult to post things we don't think will go well. I mean I know its all candy canes and sugar drops in the preseason but come the regular season we will get a large dose of esparagus and spinach to go with all those sweets. Honestly I don't think Donald will even start the whole season much less get 1500 yards (which would lead the league in rushing if he does). As a team we barely rushed for 1550 yards last year much less one player. I believe Donalds numbers will look much like his did last year tbh. I do look for Vick to get plenty of time and perhaps even out rush him. As a team I expect us to rush better but Donald is not going to get enough carries for 1000 yds much less 1500.

I don't want to "like" that, but I agree. I think the optimism is cool, but we'll probably be scratching our heads as to why Peyton is a Bronco by week 10. :oops:

Edit. For this season.

IDK about that. I fully expect Luck and Mannings season to actually mirror themselves this year. Both struggling at times learning the new systems and players and having their share of mistakes. Of course I expect Mannings numbers to be better but I don't think he will have a pro bowl year. Next year however, I would expect Peyton to explode and have another shot at a mvp and super bowl run. I think Luck will be fine replacing Peyton...but like you it will take 3 or 4 years before he starts out playing him. That said I don't expect a lot of people to be too upset Peytons gone (except me and a few others) Luck has two ways to be successful in his early years...kinda of 66% chance in the short term. For awhile Luck will have the just wait and see tag on him...and people will say he is a rookie and just needs time and will see what they want in him. Basically like when you buy a new car....you will defend it no matter what to make you feel good about your decision. Then later on you will be faced with the truth if its a good car or not. My first car I did that because I got a good warrenty and price but later I had to admit it wasn't that great still. Then I had a car I invested a lot in...much more expensive but as the years have gone on...cheaper because of how great it runs etc...so a great car. I couldn't say which was better until the newness wore off and I could be objective. That is how I see it with Luck. He can be great out the gate and we all know the answer....he could show signs of greatness and we say look...see...but never achieve it....and then there is he sucks....and we all blame everyone else until we realize its him. In the end I think he will be great....but to come to your conclusion about Peyton...I doubt anyone here will say that. It will take years before anyone would admit this was a bad decision (if it even is).

Personally I thought we could rebuild around Peyton...trading the pick and loading up on talent and Peyton make them better. Contend now and down the line get a replacement next year or later...like Denver is doing and like the Patriots have done behind Brady. But we have Luck...and he is a great talent...and I'm sure that I can't make a judgement for years if he worked out or not...much less those that WANTED him here won't be able to decide whether it was a great decision or not. I hope people don't think I'm not a Luck supporter...I am...just I had much more faith in Peyton and was a bigger Peyton supporter. If anyone could replace Peyton..I feel Luck has the best chance to do it successfully...so I'm happy we got him.

http://www.nfl.com/n..._content_stream - - - I was just laughing after I read this article. Andrew Luck is giving me so much confidnce in what this Offense is gonna be able to do. He is soooooo far ahead mentally its not even funny. And he still is not satisfied with where he is at which I Love, he is not complacent. Good read here though.

I would hope he's not satisfied with where he's at yet......that would be Ryan Leaf territory.

Very promising indeed...A great omen.

[Coach Pagano] "He goes up to the line of scrimmage during blitz period, they set the protection, OK, the defense rotates a little bit early, he starts his cadence," Pagano explained. "He's got time on the play clock, and so he changes the protection. He throws out a code word, I'm not gonna tell you what that code word is, but he throws out a code word to change the protection because he recognized where the pressure was coming from.

"And we had to stop the play and re-huddle, because nobody knew what he was talking about. He was three or four installs ahead. Then, he just told everybody -- boom, boom, boom, this is what you do -- points out hots, points out sights. So I sit back there, and from my vantage point, it's like you're watching a guy that's a three- or four-year veteran."

A great read and confidence builder among the Horseshoe fan base. As the old adage goes, "The more things change; the more they stay the same." Yes!!!

I think he's going to be very good and definitely IMO we made the right pick over RGiii (who I also will think will be very good if he can stay healthy). Staying healthy brings me back to the point with Luck. I hope our offense can protect him long enough to the point where he can evade or use his athleticism to avoid possible injury. I also hope he can be sharp and if the pressure is on resort to a very quick release. He's big, he's durable but nothing would hurt more if he was severely injured. Hopefully we can put a top tier line or develop a top tier line for him!

Count on it.....

I understand your point here and it is very valid. I didnt specify in my initial posting of this topic but the offensive line is the main thing that cold hold our offense from reaching its full potential. Although Luck does have that quick release which could provide a little compensation and his ability to run and throw quite accuratley as well. But we dont reallly wanna have to rely on him having to resort to rolling out all the time or even counting on that quick to make or break whether he gets the ball out. We need that O line to play solid bottom line.

The running game is going to be interesting becuase we are supposedly laot bigger and hopefully more physical up front so well have to see how it pans out. So far I har the guys are glling pretty well together and getting the mental aspects down pretty well. We dont need to be great at running but what we really need is be able to run that ball in the fourth Qtr and milk that clock. Also we have to be able to puch it in on the ground in goal line situations as well. Alot of times last year we were getting stuffed and seemed as if our guys were going backwards basically. That has to STOP. They need to get physical and take some pride in thier positions and OWN that line of scrimmage. We need to keep in mind as well that last years offensive line through out the season had about 7 or 8 different starting combinations. So there never was any chemistry really and there were communication barriers and guys were not on the same page which is gonna lead to break downs. I think that was a large part of thier problem right there. So if we can stay healthy and keep one unit out there for the most part I think thats gonna help alot in its own right. I just wanna see see this team in action my self and see what were looking like and how things are coming along.

Count on it.....

I don't dispute that this is an O-line that needs an upgrade....but it still looks better to me than the line that was expected to protect Peyton as we prepared for him to lead us to 12 wins at this time last year. Peyton clearly knew how to do more with less, so it isn't a fair comparison, but I'd also be surprised if the combination of Luck's moxie and this O-line aren't a competent pairing.

Most honest Colts fans are under no delusions of grandeur here. It might take half the season or more to gel as a line. I have seen very little tape on Luck other than a few ESPN highlight reels so I cannot speak to his out of the pocket, roll out scrabbling ability personally. I just wanna see how easily he maintains his composure, releases the ball, moves the safety, and avoids interceptions.

Yes, all o-lines need to give their QB time to survey the field, but quick slants, bubble screens, and multiple TE/WR sets can alleviate a lot of o-line protection breakdowns not to mention 4-6 yards by thumper RB like Vick Ballard too. We will miss the Playoffs for 2 seasons, but by the third year the Colts we will back atop the AFC South mountain again.

weslo1812 is exactly right when he says, "They need to get physical and take some pride in thier positions and OWN that line of scrimmage. We need to keep in mind as well that last years offensive line through out the season had about 7 or 8 different starting combinations. So there never was any chemistry really and there were communication barriers and guys were not on the same page which is gonna lead to break downs. I think that was a large part of thier problem right there."

We are finally getting girth, size, and road graders on both lines of scrimmage too. This new monster is finally being built correctly. 3 years and the Blue Horseshoe is back and built to last for the long haul IMO.

Great read.

I cannot believe how lucky you guys are. I'm looking forward to watching him develop into a fine NFL QB.

Thanks BayAreaBronco! Let's hope that both Peyton and Andrew gallop out of the stable in regular season form. Let the stampede of victories begin in both Denver and INDY... :thmup:

Thanks BayAreaBronco! Let's hope that both Peyton and Andrew gallop out of the stable in regular season form. Let the stampede of victories begin in both Denver and INDY... :thmup:

I agree. A (probably won't happen) AFC Championship game with Peyton and Andrew sounds good to me! But perhaps if Peyton is still playing, they will meet up in a year or 2.

Man, we sure are lucky to be Colts fans. Teams like Jacksonville and Cleveland have to hope Blaine Gabbert and Brandon Weeden can be franchise QBs. Sure we had a long season last year, but I can handle a down year in exchange for some exciting football for the next 15.

Yeah, nothing says depression like over a decade of losing and the sound of crickets chirping in the background for the Browns and Jaguars. Ouch!

I do hope that both Cleveland and Jacksonville have some positive glimmers of hope this upcoming season.

No fan or player for that matter deserves to be this irrelevant as a franchise IMO :facepalm::sigh: :whiteflag:

Man, we sure are lucky to be Colts fans. Teams like Jacksonville and Cleveland have to hope Blaine Gabbert and Brandon Weeden can be franchise QBs. Sure we had a long season last year, but I can handle a down year in exchange for some exciting football for the next 15.

A LOT of teams are jealous of our situation. The only other qb situation where one great qb was replaced by another (without missing a beat) was the 49ers with Montana and Young. But they groomed Young. We don't have that luxury. We should be thanking our lucky stars that we have a chance for another all-time qb so soon after we lost one of the greats.

Other teams go years without good qb play, and here we are with Luck. Woooooo-Hoooooooo!

tumblr_m8g70a8b4Q1r23lnc.gif

we'll soon find out if he's as good as peyton once we know that he starts putting in that extra work in the offseason. Watching film, working/talking with his coaches and players, training hard. The little things that made peyton great will be the deciding factor for luck...

A LOT of teams are jealous of our situation. The only other qb situation where one great qb was replaced by another (without missing a beat) was the 49ers with Montana and Young. But they groomed Young. We don't have that luxury. We should be thanking our lucky stars that we have a chance for another all-time qb so soon after we lost one of the greats.

Other teams go years without good qb play, and here we are with Luck. Woooooo-Hoooooooo!

tumblr_m8g70a8b4Q1r23lnc.gif

tumblr_l9zz5qogtW1qztbac.gif

You forgot about this guy. Hahaha

Edit. For this season.

I doubt it. In fact I think it may be the other way around.....

This O will be fine, but the thing that will bring them down is "IF" the D is horrible again. If Luck is forced to be PM from the get go then it will for sure be a bumpy ride esp early in the year.

BUT..... I like this O... and this schedule is not a ball breaker.

Think BIG INDY fan.....

We will see...

Wow..thats pretty bold. I think its easy to say great positive things about our team but much more difficult to post things we don't think will go well. I mean I know its all candy canes and sugar drops in the preseason but come the regular season we will get a large dose of esparagus and spinach to go with all those sweets. Honestly I don't think Donald will even start the whole season much less get 1500 yards (which would lead the league in rushing if he does). As a team we barely rushed for 1550 yards last year much less one player. I believe Donalds numbers will look much like his did last year tbh. I do look for Vick to get plenty of time and perhaps even out rush him. As a team I expect us to rush better but Donald is not going to get enough carries for 1000 yds much less 1500.

IDK about that. I fully expect Luck and Mannings season to actually mirror themselves this year. Both struggling at times learning the new systems and players and having their share of mistakes. Of course I expect Mannings numbers to be better but I don't think he will have a pro bowl year. Next year however, I would expect Peyton to explode and have another shot at a mvp and super bowl run. I think Luck will be fine replacing Peyton...but like you it will take 3 or 4 years before he starts out playing him. That said I don't expect a lot of people to be too upset Peytons gone (except me and a few others) Luck has two ways to be successful in his early years...kinda of 66% chance in the short term. For awhile Luck will have the just wait and see tag on him...and people will say he is a rookie and just needs time and will see what they want in him. Basically like when you buy a new car....you will defend it no matter what to make you feel good about your decision. Then later on you will be faced with the truth if its a good car or not. My first car I did that because I got a good warrenty and price but later I had to admit it wasn't that great still. Then I had a car I invested a lot in...much more expensive but as the years have gone on...cheaper because of how great it runs etc...so a great car. I couldn't say which was better until the newness wore off and I could be objective. That is how I see it with Luck. He can be great out the gate and we all know the answer....he could show signs of greatness and we say look...see...but never achieve it....and then there is he sucks....and we all blame everyone else until we realize its him. In the end I think he will be great....but to come to your conclusion about Peyton...I doubt anyone here will say that. It will take years before anyone would admit this was a bad decision (if it even is).

Personally I thought we could rebuild around Peyton...trading the pick and loading up on talent and Peyton make them better. Contend now and down the line get a replacement next year or later...like Denver is doing and like the Patriots have done behind Brady. But we have Luck...and he is a great talent...and I'm sure that I can't make a judgement for years if he worked out or not...much less those that WANTED him here won't be able to decide whether it was a great decision or not. I hope people don't think I'm not a Luck supporter...I am...just I had much more faith in Peyton and was a bigger Peyton supporter. If anyone could replace Peyton..I feel Luck has the best chance to do it successfully...so I'm happy we got him.

how soon we forget just remember my name and in week 13 come by and ask where i got my crystal ball.atleast excuse me i said 1500 i meant minimum with 150 yard games 2 times i forsee.yee of lil sight watch donald run

how soon we forget just remember my name and in week 13 come by and ask where i got my crystal ball.atleast excuse me i said 1500 i meant minimum with 150 yard games 2 times i forsee.yee of lil sight watch donald run

No problem. I think by week 13 Vick Ballard will be our number one back so I guess we shall see. In the last 3 years only 1 back per year has even had over 1500 yards. Since the 2006 season rushing yards by have fallen way off in terms by a premiere back. Even in 2008 there was only 3 backs over that mark and I believe 2007 no one was. You have to go back to 2005 before you find a Colt even approach that kind of production. You are basically saying Donald Brown is going to have one of the most prolific rushing seasons of the last decade....of any player. Adrian Petterson has only once gone over 1500 yds. I would bet my house DB won't get 1500 yds. In fact I don't think he will even break 1,000. I think he is a good running back that fit the old regime's outside...stretch running game. I think he will make a nice change of pace back...but he can't carry the workload (few can) to get those kind of numbers. In fact if you feel that certain you should take your bet to vegas...where I can't even find DB's name for odds on rushing leaders for the league. Your return would be astronomical. Go ahead...be my guest.

Ive seen so much video and read so many articles on luck im actually tired of hearing his name.... i cannot wait for that first preseason game.

Smitto.........er tired of hearing his name because of all the video and reading? I dont think so. I know why er tired of hearing his name.

For the first time ever.......the Colts (Baltimore and Indy) will have a very mobile quaterback. Luck can move despite his size and we are allllll gonna luv that!

The beer is in the fridge, the beans are on the stove and the meat is on the griil.....C'MON SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Umm I wanted either of them but i rathered RG3 mainly because of his deep ball, but i said before the draft either of them would be great.

Ok.............just giving you a hard time. We made the right choice and in the end Luck will be the better QB.

For the first time ever.......the Colts (Baltimore and Indy) will have a very mobile quaterback. Luck can move despite his size and we are allllll gonna luv that!

The beer is in the fridge, the beans are on the stove and the meat is on the griil.....C'MON SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Eh, I think Luck is going to be looking to pass first. I'm sure the coaches have noted the other injuries that occured yesterday and they might be even more paranoid about what the Franchise should and shouldn't do against the Rams. Running, I'm sure, is on the shouldn't do list, but scrambling and throwing like Roethlisberger or Rodgers should be acceptable enough.

Eh, I think Luck is going to be looking to pass first. I'm sure the coaches have noted the other injuries that occured yesterday and they might be even more paranoid about what the Franchise should and shouldn't do against the Rams. Running, I'm sure, is on the shouldn't do list, but scrambling and throwing like Roethlisberger or Rodgers should be acceptable enough.

This is football, part of lucks game is being mobile and making throws on the run and scrambling. Im sure they wont tell him not to run if he sees a chance.