Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rumor: Colts Listed as Trade Partner for Steelers WR Mike Wallace

Restored

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out what Antonio Brown did in 4 games starting last year compared to what Wallace did in 14 games starting and you will see why Pitt is in to hurry to give Wallace who has decent hands (not great, not real good) but only knows one route, Would love to have him but not at the expense of a 1st round pick, we have bigger needs to spend that 1st round pick on

Check out what Antonio Brown did in 4 games starting last year compared to what Wallace did in 14 games starting and you will see why Pitt is in to hurry to give Wallace who has decent hands (not great, not real good) but only knows one route, Would love to have him but not at the expense of a 1st round pick, we have bigger needs to spend that 1st round pick on

NO way a 1st...no way...agreed. If Luck has any number 18 in him.....and Arians knows the offense...and Reggie Wayne. I get this funny feeling Wallace can run more of FJC's routes. I could teach him. I remember Reggie saying about Donnie Avery...."They just tell him to go long." That sounds to me if he only has one route....maybe that was Wallace's main route other than decoy???

If we are trading, then we should give them donnie avery and a conditional pick. The conditional pick in case he isn't great and avery because he has more chance of playing there than here ( with him having to compete with collie, hilton etc)

Conditional pick won't get it done, Dolphins will out bid that.

No team will give a 1st round pick for wallace thinking that is just madness, Wayne isn't getting any younger and if he gets injured the colts will have NO depth. Collie can all of a sudden start to get concussions and look who your left with.... If the colts can give a 3rd pick for wallace and a contract that's fair to both parties then why not.

No team will give a 1st round pick for wallace thinking that is just madness, Wayne isn't getting any younger and if he gets injured the colts will have NO depth. Collie can all of a sudden start to get concussions and look who your left with.... If the colts can give a 3rd pick for wallace and a contract that's fair to both parties then why not.

That's more realistic but I can see the dolphins trumping a 3rd round offer with a 2nd round pick.

I am all for picking up Mike Wallace if he ever really retires from 60 Minutes. :)

Seriously Bruce Arians will have already talked to Wallace via cell. Big Ben and Arians made him a name in the NFL......Luck to Wayne, Collie, Wallace, Fleener, Allen, and Mewelde Moore on 3rd down...sounds scary to this Colt Fan!! Arians knows him...if he is worth it I trust him to help Grigs and Pagano decide. Freeney and a 4th?

NO way a 1st...no way...agreed. If Luck has any number 18 in him.....and Arians knows the offense...and Reggie Wayne. I get this funny feeling Wallace can run more of FJC's routes. I could teach him. I remember Reggie saying about Donnie Avery...."They just tell him to go long." That sounds to me if he only has one route....maybe that was Wallace's main route other than decoy???

Brent, I don't doubt that Arians is well versed in Wallace's skill set, but the price is too high. Then again, Randy Moss ran the deep ball route quite well for the Patriots in 2007 too so anything is possible I guess.

Enough with the WR Austin Collie concussion nonsense already. People you can't fret over and worry about remote circumstances okay. Control what you can control. Everything else is irrelevant. No disrespect intended Smitto. Concussions have as much to do with the QB's placement of the ball for his TE's and WR's as it has to do with actually getting hit. Put the ball in the right spot and it typically reduces an offensive player's concussions overall.

Any team could have had him for a first round pick this year considering he had a first round tender and everyone passed. The Steelers know that they'll get no better than a 2nd for him. Heck, they traded Santonio Holmes for a 5th and he accomplished a whole heck of a lot more than Wallace has. Also, we don't wanna have a standoff for the # 17 jersey do we?

I wouldn't touch him if I were the Colts. TY Hilton is hoped to be the same type of player. No need to pay that kind of money for him.

Hilton isn't supposed to be a Wallace type. Wallace is a number 1. TY is a slot receiver.

A lot of people would like this move, but I'm not for it. Mike Wallace is a speedster who can run the go route. We already brought in 2 speedsters in Avery and Hilton and they are both much cheaper than Wallace, who is asking for Fitz type of money while not being anywhere near a Fitz type receiver. I don't want to see us trade for him.

I remember having a little argument on my old profile with another person on here. It was about whether or not Hakeem Nicks (then a rookie getting ready to be drafted) would fit our system with Wayne already in place. The other user's argument was that we had already had a possesion-type receiver in Wayne and should look for more of a speedster have more of a balance and stretch the D. I agreed and went on to watch Nicks have a really good career so far in Giant's blue and I realized talent is talent. Whether or not you have other people with similar skill sets shouldn't really matter...who is to say any given defense can line up three guys to keep up with Avery, Wallace, and Hilton...let alone Fleener and Allen who should be physical mismatches for many LB's and some Safties.

You don't want him. He may not have the offseason antics like some players, but he has the "about me" ideal. He is on some local Pittsburgh shows sometimes, and he comes across as a jerk. He tries to play the humble approach, but his motives are clear through the way he speaks.

He must not be a good liar.

trade freeny and a second rounder. give him a back loaded contract, we would still have loads of cap space.

manning+harrison= luck+wallace

Ill conceived trade - no thanks (not that either team would consider it). And that comparison is an insult to Marvin.

Wallace is a one-trick-pony with an attitude problem. He may be a nice missing piece to help a good team over the top, but I wouldn't make him a foundation piece of a rebuilding franchise. He would be more likely to be the guy that drove Luck nuts with frustration than he would be to be his "go to guy". If he could be signed for a rational amount of money Pittsburgh would have already done so. Many here think that the Steelers are a team to be emulated. That usually suggests emphasizing defense and the running game, not overpaying for a guy that thinks he's better than he is, and appears to be about to hold out. If the Steelers don't want to pay him, why should we?

@JoKeR you never know, the eagles accepted a low round draft pick in exchamge for giving up a good CB in samuel, and whilst were at it we should pick up luis castillo for the defense

There's a big difference. Samuel is 31, didn't really fit the eagles new scheme (that didn't help with them leveraging for a higher pick), Wallace is 25, close to entering his prime and had a good year despite being injured for part of it.

It's not like Wallace can only run one route. He showed he has developed a few more routes hes not bad at, so calling him a one trick pony is a joke. You can't say it's a bad thing he's really good at the go route if we all know it and he's still torching CBs and Safeties on it.

That's more realistic but I can see the dolphins trumping a 3rd round offer with a 2nd round pick.

Idk about the 2nd round pick, if they were to edge the colts put on anything I'd probably say it would be in terms of money... Dolphins need alot of help so idk of they would risk a 2nd round on him when they already have speedsters.

trade freeny and a second rounder. give him a back loaded contract, we would still have loads of cap space.

manning+harrison= luck+wallace

That seems a bit extreme.. Wallace has a 170 career receptions and Luck hasnt taken a snap yet. Plus Marv wasnt a one trick pony

There's a big difference. Samuel is 31, didn't really fit the eagles new scheme (that didn't help with them leveraging for a higher pick), Wallace is 25, close to entering his prime and had a good year despite being injured for part of it.

It's not like Wallace can only run one route. He showed he has developed a few more routes hes not bad at, so calling him a one trick pony is a joke. You can't say it's a bad thing he's really good at the go route if we all know it and he's still torching CBs and Safeties on it.

Tim Tebow's only a year younger than Wallace and the jets traded only a 4th (avery) and a 6 round pick ( Hughes) and they also received a late round pick.

But for those who think we shouldn't pick up wallace ( or even those who think we should get him) which current free agent do you think we should get and why? you can find from an earlier post I think Luis Castillo to go opposite Cory Redding

Enough with the WR Austin Collie concussion nonsense already. People you can't fret over and worry about remote circumstances okay. Control what you can control. Everything else is irrelevant. No disrespect intended Smitto. Concussions have as much to do with the QB's placement of the ball for his TE's and WR's as it has to do with actually getting hit. Put the ball in the right spot and it typically reduces an offensive player's concussions overall.

I'm guessing you dont know much about concussions then, the more you get the the more you have a chance to keep on getting them hence why he had a special helmet, and concussions also have to do with how well you can protect yourself not only about ball placement. If it only was about ball placement helmet to helmet wouldn't be an issue.

What I'm worried about is when collie becomes a dependable target that likelihood of it happening like it did the last time increases

One trick pony is the 'phrase of the day.' Can a receiver learn how to run routes within a system with a skilled coaching staff? Arians will/should already know if he can. I am chagrined that a talented receiver cannot run FJC's simple routes as mentioned earlier. If Clyde Christianson cannot do it. Hire me and I will teach them....

I may not call the 'quick out' a 'drag,' but if Clyde cannot teach and coaches cannot teach routes, maybe they should not coach???? Give me a clue if you think I am wrong.

I am not stuck on Avery 'going long.' HMMMMM...maybe we need a one trick 25 yr-old pony....err Colt. :)

Wallace is fast..he's a sloppy route runner who dosent go over the middle though. giving him a big contract and giving up a first or second round pick would be a bad idea.

I agree brownis a much better route runner and had just as good as numbers as wallace.I think Pitt knows what their doing and wanting value for wallace knowing Brown can blow up a field himself.

Any team could have had him for a first round pick this year considering he had a first round tender and everyone passed. The Steelers know that they'll get no better than a 2nd for him. Heck, they traded Santonio Holmes for a 5th and he accomplished a whole heck of a lot more than Wallace has. Also, we don't wanna have a standoff for the # 17 jersey do we?

It will be a cold day in h £ l l before he can just have my number

One trick pony is the 'phrase of the day.' Can a receiver learn how to run routes within a system with a skilled coaching staff? Arians will/should already know if he can. I am chagrined that a talented receiver cannot run FJC's simple routes as mentioned earlier. If Clyde Christianson cannot do it. Hire me and I will teach them....

I may not call the 'quick out' a 'drag,' but if Clyde cannot teach and coaches cannot teach routes, maybe they should not coach???? Give me a clue if you think I am wrong.

I am not stuck on Avery 'going long.' HMMMMM...maybe we need a one trick 25 yr-old pony....err Colt. :)

Why would Clyde teach him? He's the QB coach this time.

Insert Charlie Williams...brain fade after storm cleanup....same situation....coaches teach!

Im quite sure the coaching staff can teach routes. They are NFL coaches for a reason. Also im not saying Wallace is garbage, but he isnt on 88's level. Wallace is a great deep threat, a guy who can make big yards on screens and reverses. I have seen him run good fades in goal to go situations, But I dont recall many comebacks or outs or slants. He isnt worth 10 mill a year, Atleast not yet.