Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts on DirecTV deal 4 me

ColtsBlueFL

I have been a follower of the Colts since the 1960's and the last 5 years on NFL Sunday ticket down here in SW Florida. The cost has been a little pricy but worth it.... until... last year. ugh! Total waste of big bucks.

Well, they autobill me the max package for th NFL Sunday Ticket this time of year (300-350 dollars) so I just called up to cancel. Once they transferred me to the NFL ticket area, I told them to cancel the auto withdrawal and not do the NFL Sunday ticket this year. It was then I was offered the NFL ticket Max for 6 payments @ $24.99

Wow, umm.. ok. This will make up for last year! And, I can make this deal work. And it's also the MAX package! So, even in SW Florida, I will be able to follow the Colts every game, not only at home but on my laptop or tablet as/if necessary!!

If you've been a long time member and a history of buying the ticket, and things are tight for you too, you might call them and see what they can do for you too. I'm just happy I won't be mowing the lawn (yes, I still have to during football season down here!!) and then trying to find internet radio broadcasts of Colts games.

Now, I am REALLY looking forward to the season!!

Go Colts!!

I have been a follower of the Colts since the 1960's and the last 5 years on NFL Sunday ticket down here in SW Florida. The cost has been a little pricy but worth it.... until... last year. ugh! Total waste of big bucks.

Well, they autobill me the max package for th NFL Sunday Ticket this time of year (300-350 dollars) so I just called up to cancel. Once they transferred me to the NFL ticket area, I told them to cancel the auto withdrawal and not do the NFL Sunday ticket this year. It was then I was offered the NFL ticket Max for 6 payments @ $24.99

Wow, umm.. ok. This will make up for last year! And, I can make this deal work. And it's also the MAX package! So, even in SW Florida, I will be able to follow the Colts every game, not only at home but on my laptop or tablet as/if necessary!!

If you've been a long time member and a history of buying the ticket, and things are tight for you too, you might call them and see what they can do for you too. I'm just happy I won't be mowing the lawn (yes, I still have to during football season down here!!) and then trying to find internet radio broadcasts of Colts games.

Now, I am REALLY looking forward to the season!!

Go Colts!!

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering when to "cancel" my ticket, same as you. They always give an incentive to stay. But your deal is outstanding! Hope you got it in writing.

I've seen better deals for people calling to cancel. This is a good one, but I've seen some people be given the service for free, Showtime for 6 months on the house, free HD for anywhere from 2 years to life..

20.00 credits for 6 months.

I think it is all a matter of who you speak with.

Posted · Hidden by Coltssouth, July 24, 2012 - linking to another forum
Hidden by Coltssouth, July 24, 2012 - linking to another forum

I have been a NFL Sunday Ticket subscriber via Directv since 1996. Living in NJ, that ticket was and is the best way to see Colts games. I have posted a link to another forum that shows the various ways to get NFL Sunday Ticket at reduced or even for free. Enjoy

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=204166

If i'm not at Lucas Oil, I'm at BW3's getting my fat on, watching every game for the price of wings and beers. It probably adds up to $200 for the season (probably more) but i'm less hungry as a result. Also more at risk for a heart attack...but that's neither here nor there.

If this is true, I got ripped off. I have had Sunday Ticket since its inception and paid through the nose for it. This year they automatically signed me up again for the Max account (without my permission) and was planning to charge me $300 total (twice the amount of the deal they gave ColtsBlueFL above). Instead, I chose the other package without the ipad stuff for $200 (which is $33 per month). Obviously, you can get a better deal than me if you threaten to quit.

If this is true, I got ripped off. I have had Sunday Ticket since its inception and paid through the nose for it. This year they automatically signed me up again for the Max account (without my permission) and was planning to charge me $300 total (twice the amount of the deal they gave ColtsBlueFL above). Instead, I chose the other package without the ipad stuff for $200 (which is $33 per month). Obviously, you can get a better deal than me if you threaten to quit.

It's like the fitness center deals. You pay for a membership for you and your wife and then 2 months later they offer a two for one for half the price you just paid. I have DTV and I'm sure if I called and bluffed to cancel , they woud just say OK and hang up. But yes , you guys are right my son gets it cheaper than me as his wife plays the game. It's all very annoying

Bear in mind that that $199 price is well over a hundred dollars less than last years price. It appears that they are doing some serious scrambling to retain customers in this economy.

I called last night and got the OP deal. $150 for the Max. Then I found out I could have done better, but I'm happy.

That's a good deal, though.

What it means is..those prices are inflated from the start..

that's like cable used to be.....If you want to drop them..they drop their prices..

But, I wasn't playing a game. I'm not under contract and can quit DTV and any program any time. I was fully prepared to cancel, no questions asked. They made the offer to me before I hung up knowing I wouldn't be charged $300. I finally huing up knowing I would be charged 150, and I didn't even try to ask for any more off. They bargained to retain me, I agreed. End of story.

And yes, maybe they could have just said "OK" to me too with a different CSR. But they didn't and I am thankful.

If i'm not at Lucas Oil, I'm at BW3's getting my fat on, watching every game for the price of wings and beers. It probably adds up to $200 for the season (probably more) but i'm less hungry as a result. Also more at risk for a heart attack...but that's neither here nor there.

I tried the sports bar route one season. Instead of P90X, I had to do P180X. And that's when a bunch of Colts games were on national TV.

Love my Sunday Ticket!

Just got Sunday Ticket Max for free and $20 off my bill for 12 months. Just had to give a one year committment. I'll be able to watch "The Monster" from Chicagoland!

awesome! In my case, I didn't want another 12 month commitment. If I feel like dropping DTV and my landline phone and going all in on Xfinity come February, I want to be able to do it immediately. Or anything else. But, great deal!!

I called last night and got the OP deal. $150 for the Max. Then I found out I could have done better, but I'm happy.

The NFL Network will be providing live coverage of all 32 teams' practice camp, a couple teams per day. Does anyone know what day they will be covering the Colts?

My nephew just got off the phone with Directv. He told them, "I've been a loyal customer for 5 years and never been offered any kind of deal. I want to terminate my subscription now and I'll sign up again later so I can get your new customer deal....They ended up giving him the package this year for free!!! YES!!!!! We thought about asking for an Evil Knievel pinball machine but decided not to press our luck.. :)

Is PSN still doing there Sunday Ticket Streaming service?

Is PSN still doing there Sunday Ticket Streaming service?

No they havent said yet, but the logo/gameday ticket icon is at the playstation network site. So I am assuming, and hoping yes. I think they want to people to think they have to sign up for complete Dierect tv service to get it. Im guessing they will announce it and let you download it the week the season starts, that what they did last season.