Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What About Terrell Owens For A New Weapon (Merge)

del19

At this point, we most likely won't bring in a WR unless one of ours gets injured. We like or guys to participate in as much camp, and pre-game practice as possible, and at this point, if we were to bring anyone in, they're only going to get playing time based on an injury on the DC in front of them. We're not the kind of organization to bring in a WR and step on guys like Garçon, Gonzalez, and Collie's toes by saying "You guys worked hard to earn your spots in training camp, but we're going to put this guy who did no time in camp ahead of you anyways..."

This is the most original thread ever. Why don't people post threads about this sort of thing more often.......oh wait, they do EVERY FRIGGIN DAY!

John Waylon, can I borrow your gun please. I have a headache.

Did we already have an Owens thread? I didn't think we did... I know we had a housh thread, but I must have missed the Owens one. >_<

I responded to this one because I'd rather have TO over housh. I'd rather have Randy Moss over both. I just don't want housh.

I'm sure Randy Moss could be talked right out of retirement, and I think with Guys like Peyton, Saturday, Freeney, and Wayne they could more than control him.

Like I said, even TO seems to be a better option than *menzadeh. We have a core of respected, longtime team veterans who could control a "look at me" attitude from Moss or TO if either one came in...

But housh is an entirely different monster. He's just an *. A pure, unabashed, blithering *. Just go back and look at comments the guy has made... When he opens his mouth, something stupid is bound to come out.

A "look at me" attitude can be controlled. Stupidity and ignorance can not.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS another "sign this WR" thread! the same response goes for all of them. We are set at the WR position

^^^THIS is what I was referring to John. The idea has run its course, and in the many "SIGN ____WR" threads, TO has been brought up over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

^^^THIS is what I was referring to John. The idea has run its course, and in the many "SIGN ____WR" threads, TO has been brought up over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Oh, well, yeah. I guess I'm just so opposed to the idea of signing housh that a thread to sign any other WR not named "roy hall" or "hank baskett" was appealing to me. lol

If one of our WR's go down, and lets face it, it's not at all out of the way to think Collie or Gonzo may go down this season, we'll be needing someone. If Collie's bell gets rung again, there's going to be significant pressure on him to retire. Right now we don't, but there's a legitimate chance we will. I think the push to sign a guy like TO or Moss (Or regrettably housh) is so that, in the event one of our WR's DOES go down we won't have to get a guy like hank baskett off the FA market and potentially have to put him in for a significant role.

I dunno if he's landed elsewhere yet, but I wouldn't be opposed to bringing back Devin Aromashodu. He showed the ability to step in and not be a liability the same way Blair White did after him.

I would love to bring in TO or Moss or even Housh. Heck I'm still not even sold on Garcon at this point and with our two other glass receivers I'll remind you guys of your stance when they go down. I'm not even confident Clark will make it through the whole season so why not get some insurance while we can. It is still early enough in preseason that whoever comes in would get their chance to EARN a starting spot or just a spot on the team not be handed anything. For a team that relies so heavily on their passing attack would be stupid just to stand pat and hope for the best IMO.

peyton has never had a tall receiver and t.o could be a good fit. if hes healthy from his knee injury we should give him a shot he can still produce he showed it last year.

What difference does it make, not having a tall receiver definitely didn't affect Peyton's career. We won't be signing any receivers this year. Even if one or two of our guys get injured, we bring it Taj or Gilreath. Peyton doesn't need the greatest WR around him to succeed.

I would love to bring in TO or Moss or even Housh. Heck I'm still not even sold on Garcon at this point and with our two other glass receivers I'll remind you guys of your stance when they go down. I'm not even confident Clark will make it through the whole season so why not get some insurance while we can. It is still early enough in preseason that whoever comes in would get their chance to EARN a starting spot or just a spot on the team not be handed anything. For a team that relies so heavily on their passing attack would be stupid just to stand pat and hope for the best IMO.

TO= bad knees and aging

moss= gives up on plays

housh= im gonna drop an easy pass that hit me right in my hands in the playoffs and because me we lost and went home

Manning never had a big receiver. He always had solid route runners, and people who can catch, I.E Mr. 88.. Marvin Harrison. Which I have argued for years were better than both TO and Moss. Moss gives up on plays way too easily. T.O puts 100% of what he has into the play every play. He is getting old. His knee shouldn't hinder his play. Id like to see him for a year. Not for the passing attack, but what it could to to open up the field and give our ground game some actual room. It is no secret that it hasnt been that good for years. Last year we got beat by the Jets because Manning didnt have anybody to throw it to. Well other than some 5th string off the street type of receiver. Give T.O a chance. Itll be worth it. If they could afford it anyways. I'm still mad about the colts not drafting Suh a last year. well my ramble is done. have fun debating

I've wanted Terrell Owens since the Eagles let him go. In the summer of 2006 I posted a thread suggesting that the Colts pick up both him and Moss because I thought both still had a lot to offer and because both were completely undervalued and could be had for a song (as both the Patriots and Cowboys proved).

I was made fun of for suggesting that either player was worth picking up. Can you imagine what numbers this team could have put up in 2006 with Manning at quarterback and Harrison, Moss, Owens, Wayne, and Clark receiving?

People are funny. Collie has a bad season with concussions and he's "glass". Clark, who has had 1 other REAL injury has lost your confidence with a broken wrist. Really?!?!?! Garcon is good when he's good. Gonzo is the only proven piece of "glass" we have as a receiver. Yes, I would love to see Moss brought in on a 1 year deal. Of the 3 listed possibilities, Moss would be our best bet IMO. Still has good speed and ability to win jump balls. TO is old and I am not crazy about Housh. I don't like big mouthed *.

Oh, well, yeah. I guess I'm just so opposed to the idea of signing housh that a thread to sign any other WR not named "roy hall" or "hank baskett" was appealing to me. lol

If one of our WR's go down, and lets face it, it's not at all out of the way to think Collie or Gonzo may go down this season, we'll be needing someone. If Collie's bell gets rung again, there's going to be significant pressure on him to retire. Right now we don't, but there's a legitimate chance we will. I think the push to sign a guy like TO or Moss (Or regrettably housh) is so that, in the event one of our WR's DOES go down we won't have to get a guy like hank baskett off the FA market and potentially have to put him in for a significant role.

I dunno if he's landed elsewhere yet, but I wouldn't be opposed to bringing back Devin Aromashodu. He showed the ability to step in and not be a liability the same way Blair White did after him.

Devin Aromashodu? I'd be fine with that if he was available. He would make sense since he already knows the system. I liked him when he was here. However, I believe he is currently with the Vikings.

I just want some reliable injury insurance. Doesn't have to be a big name guy. T.O. has injury concerns himself with that ACL so that wouldn't alleviate my concerns at all. I am not opposed to Moss but don't think it is likely to happen.

I started the Housh thread because the Colts were rumored to be interested. And it turns out they still are interested in him for a back-up role at the right price. So at the very least, I believe this shows that the Polians see the need to address our depth at the reciever position due to 2 of our top 4 having injury or concussion issues. Not to mention Blair White was injured in camp and we still don't know the extent of his injury.

TO isnt going to be available until the season is in full swing. He will have to recover fully, learn the offense, and build trust with PM. All without crying when the ball doesn't go his way. No thank you.

Moss can't be talked out of retirement. At least not by the Colts. He wants a 3 year deal. In other words, he wants retirement pay. We simply aren't going to give it to a guy who doesn't go 100%, and is very limited in terms of his flexibility and route running. No thanks.

Housh was always a solid route runner, and will come the cheapest of the three. There's just no telling how much, if anything, he has left. Fortunately if we did move on him, it would be a low risk acquisition.

Really, I could see signing them, but we really don't need them with the limited cap space we have remaining. Plus, getting older Free Agents to "stack" a team has only worked for one year, with one team: the 1994 49ers. What have they been since then? Nothing is worth attempting to buy one championship now and wasting Manning's last four years. I want him to play for all five championships. Even worse would be if we failed to reach said goal, and then had to dump a bunch of players next year.

People are funny. Clark, who has had 1 other REAL injury has lost your confidence with a broken wrist.

What i don't get is when i broke my wrist(growth plate) i was out of a cast in 4 months. Clark broke his wrist back in October and when he reported to camp he was wearing a splint. Was that for precautionary reasons?

Back to the topic: Whoever would make Peyton happier but i think i would want Moss. 6'4'' and has speed.

What i don't get is when i broke my wrist(growth plate) i was out of a cast in 4 months. Clark broke his wrist back in October and when he reported to camp he was wearing a splint. Was that for precautionary reasons?

Back to the topic: Whoever would make Peyton happier but i think i would want Moss. 6'4'' and has speed.

I'll look for the article, but Clark had a very awkward injury. Word is that the brace will stay on all season.

EDIT: Here

Manning never had a big receiver. He always had solid route runners, and people who can catch, I.E Mr. 88.. Marvin Harrison. Which I have argued for years were better than both TO and Moss. Moss gives up on plays way too easily. T.O puts 100% of what he has into the play every play. He is getting old. His knee shouldn't hinder his play. Id like to see him for a year. Not for the passing attack, but what it could to to open up the field and give our ground game some actual room. It is no secret that it hasnt been that good for years. Last year we got beat by the Jets because Manning didnt have anybody to throw it to. Well other than some 5th string off the street type of receiver. Give T.O a chance. Itll be worth it. If they could afford it anyways. I'm still mad about the colts not drafting Suh a last year. well my ramble is done. have fun debating

Great post.. although we would never sign him.. unless injuries deplete our WR depth.. Then I think it could perhaps be possible. I would love to have TO but I wouldn't wish injuries on our guys to get him. I think we'll be set regardless.

C'mon dude, if you're going to show this video, you should also show the 'Drop heard 'round the world' that Garcon had in the Super Bowl. TJ Houshmandzadeh is a better receiver than all of ours except for Wayne, and he's got scrappy YAC skills. Face it, half of our receivers are already blowing hammies and missing practices, which is what they seem to do best. Why not sign this dude on the cheap? Seriously?

Terrell is going to ask for SOOO much money, and he won't make that big of an impact. I've been saying this this whole offseason, we're good at WR. Yes I know Gonzo is injured, but with the Colts, it's "the next man up" procedure. Taj Smith will take his place while hes injured.