Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bleacher report: Luck will quickly replace Manning, 5 reasons

I hope Luck is blessed with a better defense (on average over the years) than Manning was so he doesn't need to be as good or better than Manning. Not that he doesn't have the ability. I really loved watching Manning play, but there were definitely times over the years where it seemed he felt the offense needed to score every time they had the ball. And he was probably right. I think that required Manning to force things as times.

Colts need to build a more well rounded team with Luck. If they do, they can win multiple SB. No more stupid small ball. Thats why Manning didnt win more SB's. When it got right down to it, our D couldnt stop a highschool team and our coaching stunk under the Manning era.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brady actually put up some good numbers in a couple Super Bowls, his past defenses got him a couple of those rings no doubt though

Also our running game and defense carried us to that Super Bowl win.....surprisingly

Don't disagree with that I've always viewed Manning's MVP award in that game as more of a hey congrats you finally won he big one type of thing.

Frankly he probably got it because we had so many guys you could have given the MVP award too and none really stood out by themselves as THE reason we won the game. Addai was a monster catching the ball and moving the chains. Rhodes scored the TD to put us ahead and had a 100 yards rushing. The line owned the Bears D-line that day. On defense no points came out of either of the two turnovers Sanders caused and Hayden's INT pretty much locked it up but he didn't do anything else during the game. So when in doubt they gave it to the biggest star and frankly the guy who was calling the plays and kept the Bears d off balance with their attack.

With that said Peyton's TD pass to Wayne was pretty impressive even though Reggie was wide open Peyton did a great job avoiding the sack and hanging with the play to make it happen.

Like most Colts wins that season it was a true team win. Several people could have been the MVP that day and had any of them not done what they did it might have been a different out come. That includes Peyton.

Don't disagree with that I've always viewed Manning's MVP award in that game as more of a hey congrats you finally won he big one type of thing.

Frankly he probably got it because we had so many guys you could have given the MVP award too and none really stood out by themselves as THE reason we won the game. Addai was a monster catching the ball and moving the chains. Rhodes scored the TD to put us ahead and had a 100 yards rushing. The line owned the Bears D-line that day. On defense no points came out of either of the two turnovers Sanders caused and Hayden's INT pretty much locked it up but he didn't do anything else during the game. So when in doubt they gave it to the biggest star and frankly the guy who was calling the plays and kept the Bears d off balance with their attack.

With that said Peyton's TD pass to Wayne was pretty impressive even though Reggie was wide open Peyton did a great job avoiding the sack and hanging with the play to make it happen.

Like most Colts wins that season it was a true team win. Several people could have been the MVP that day and had any of them not done what they did it might have been a different out come. That includes Peyton.

Manning scared the Bears stiff. They continued dropping into a Cover 2 everytime Manning checked at the line. The touchdown to Reggie shocked the heck out of them. Even with the same "Orange 12" check over and over, the Bears wouldn't attack, and our line kept creating space.

Manning's numbers weren't all that impressive, and to the naked eye, his performance doesn't stand out. But to me, it was the prototypical Manning-led offense: stay simple, and take what they give you. No doubt he was the MVP.

Really, the only difference between the Super Bowl and the loss to the Chargers in 2008 is that the line did their job in the Super Bowl.

Manning scared the Bears stiff. They continued dropping into a Cover 2 everytime Manning checked at the line. The touchdown to Reggie shocked the heck out of them. Even with the same "Orange 12" check over and over, the Bears wouldn't attack, and our line kept creating space.

Manning's numbers weren't all that impressive, and to the naked eye, his performance doesn't stand out. But to me, it was the prototypical Manning-led offense: stay simple, and take what they give you. No doubt he was the MVP.

Really, the only difference between the Super Bowl and the loss to the Chargers in 2008 is that the line did their job in the Super Bowl.

Right but had Rhodes added another TD or had Addai gotten to 100 yards on the ground as well as 100 yards threw the air and scored a TD one of them would have been the MVP. Had the Colts turned one of the two Sanders turnovers into points he would have been the MVP. Had Hayden had a few tackles to go with his Pick six or another iNT he would have been the MVP. Had Wayne had a few more catches he would have been the MVP. That's my point none of those players did enough by themselves to stand out for the media to be able to say man that guy is the reason they won the game other than maybe the o-line but o-lineman never get that kind of glory and if they didn't get it that night I don't know if they ever will. You can even say that about Manning had he thrown another TD no one would have said one word about his "performance" and he would have been the unquestioned MVP.

I don't disagree with Manning getting the award because it came on a night where everyone just did their job and no one really stood out as the star. Which was how that season and really the playoffs (outside of the Pats game) went for the Colts. It was fitting. So when that happened the media gave it to the biggest star on the team and the guy who like you said and I hinted at was the one orchestrating everything the Colts did. With that said had our QBs name been "John Smith" that night and not Peyton Manning I think Rhodes would have won the MVP but that's just my personal opinion. I think the fact it was Peyton Manning did sway some voters as it does for most Super Star QBs. Frankly unless a player just does something really special to stand out the default guy to win the Super Bowl MVP is the winning team's QB in recent years.

The other big difference in the Super Bowl season and the 2008 Chargers game was that the defense did their job too. Remember the defense couldn't get off the filed vs. the Chargers. Where as they had the Bears offense on their heels all night after the first quarter.

Right but had Rhodes added another TD or had Addai gotten to 100 yards on the ground as well as 100 yards threw the air and scored a TD one of them would have been the MVP. Had the Colts turned one of the two Sanders turnovers into points he would have been the MVP. Had Hayden had a few tackles to go with his Pick six or another iNT he would have been the MVP. Had Wayne had a few more catches he would have been the MVP. That's my point none of those players did enough by themselves to stand out for the media to be able to say man that guy is the reason they won the game other than maybe the o-line but o-lineman never get that kind of glory and if they didn't get it that night I don't know if they ever will. You can even say that about Manning had he thrown another TD no one would have said one word about his "performance" and he would have been the unquestioned MVP.

I don't disagree with Manning getting the award because it came on a night where everyone just did their job and no one really stood out as the star. Which was how that season and really the playoffs (outside of the Pats game) went for the Colts. It was fitting. So when that happened the media gave it to the biggest star on the team and the guy who like you said and I hinted at was the one orchestrating everything the Colts did. With that said had our QBs name been "John Smith" that night and not Peyton Manning I think Rhodes would have won the MVP but that's just my personal opinion. I think the fact it was Peyton Manning did sway some voters as it does for most Super Star QBs. Frankly unless a player just does something really special to stand out the default guy to win the Super Bowl MVP is the winning team's QB in recent years.

I agree with all that. I just believe that Manning's imprint on that game was unquestionable, even if the gaudy stats weren't there.

The other big difference in the Super Bowl season and the 2008 Chargers game was that the defense did their job too. Remember the defense couldn't get off the filed vs. the Chargers. Where as they had the Bears offense on their heels all night after the first quarter.

I was speaking specifically about the offensive performance, but that's true as well.

I agree with all that. I just believe that Manning's imprint on that game was unquestionable, even if the gaudy stats weren't there.

I was speaking specifically about the offensive performance, but that's true as well.

Right and to most colts fans they would agree with you 100% as I do but not everyone is a die hard colts fan so they just look at the numbers and go come on. So it does get questioned. All I saying is that number wise he didn't have the best game in the world had someone else done just a little more they would have won tbe MVP is all. I am not trying to say in anyway that manning was undeserving at all.

Didnt Manning have like 3-4 INTs in the SB? I know Grossman had a handful or more. Grossman was my 2nd pick for MVP. He played for the Colts like Favre played for the other team when he was a Packer. Did u know that in SB V both the Colts & Dallas sucked big time. So even though the Colts won the SB they gave the MVP to a D lineman on the Cowboys team.

Didnt Manning have like 3-4 INTs in the SB? I know Grossman had a handful or more. Grossman was my 2nd pick for MVP. He played for the Colts like Favre played for the other team when he was a Packer. Did u know that in SB V both the Colts & Dallas sucked big time. So even though the Colts won the SB they gave the MVP to a D lineman on the Cowboys team.

Manning had one on the first position the rest were fumbles which other a hand off mistake with addai he had nothing to do with.

Manning played the FIRST SB EVER in the RAIN>>>>>>>

OK kids..... bad weather.... and Manning won.

OK>

Don't get me wrong...I absolutely thoroughly enjoyed watching Manning on the field for the Colts. There is absolutely no better architect of the QB position than Manning. He did wonders for many people in the city of Indianapolis and many other places...

.....BUT....

He was a classic choke artist...I've been saying for YEARS and YEARS that Manning simply can not win big games. When it matters most he always choked. It's been near impossible for him to beat New England and San Diego...two teams we routinely matched up with in the playoffs. He has thrown more bad passes and more interceptions at more critical times in big games than any other QB (with his stature and capability) than any other QB.

He did win SB XLI yes...but seriously...REX GROSSMAN was the opposing QB here...GROSSMAN...had the Bears had any decent QB we surely would have easily lost that game.

If Luck proves to win more SB's than Manning...does that make him a better QB? Well..it depends on how he helps the teams win them. If he can provide the tenacity and absolute stunning poise and continuity that another Manning has provided his team then yes...yes he will be better than Peyton. Eli in my mind has passed Manning with his last SB win...because Eli backs up his words and he is far superior in the post season than Peyton could ever dream of.

Don't get me wrong, I always felt we had a chance with #18....but more often than not my fear of #18 missing critical throws and throwing multiple interceptions in the big games is what I felt the most. I will enjoy watching Manning on the Bronco's...who knows, maybe he'll be better.

Don't get me wrong...I absolutely thoroughly enjoyed watching Manning on the field for the Colts. There is absolutely no better architect of the QB position than Manning. He did wonders for many people in the city of Indianapolis and many other places...

.....BUT....

THE COLTS WERE a classic choke artist...I've been saying for YEARS and YEARS that THE COLTS simply can not win big games. When it matters most THE COLTS always choked. It's been near impossible for THEM to beat New England and San Diego...two teams we routinely matched up with in the playoffs.

THEY did win SB XLI yes...but seriously...REX GROSSMAN was the opposing QB here...GROSSMAN...had the Bears had any decent QB we surely would have easily lost that game.

If Luck proves to win more SB's than Manning...does that make him a better QB? Well..it depends on how he helps the teams win them. If he can provide the tenacity and absolute stunning poise and continuity that another Manning has provided his team then yes...yes he will be better than Peyton. Eli in my mind has passed Manning with his last SB win...because Eli backs up his words and he is far superior in the post season than Peyton could ever dream of.

Don't get me wrong, I always felt we had a chance with #18....but more often than not my fear of #18 missing critical throws and throwing multiple interceptions in the big games is what I felt the most. I will enjoy watching Manning on the Bronco's...who knows, maybe he'll be better.

FIXED IT..

Montana / Young... Favre / Rodgers.... Huge shoes to fill..

Luck doesn't need to fill any shoes but his own. Peyton didn't have to fill Johnny U's shoes. What Luck would like to have is a complete team to support him. A running game and a defense. If that happens, Luck's record will take care of itself. Personally, I have never been into who is the best QB. Brady, Rodgers, Peyton, Montana, etc. and etc., and etc. and......

It is a team sport, and the best team wins. The proof of that is the fact that the Patriots have 4 or 5 SB rings and the Indy Colts 1.

The Indy Colts had Peyton. The Patriots had an excellent D, a very good offense and a running game.

The Colts won a lot of games because Peyton could keep the other team off balance with his calls at the line. But when he faced teams with a good D, particularly the 3-4, he struggled. Personally I am looking forward to a team that can run the ball when it needs a couple of yards for a first down. Hate to remember how many times we needed a yard or two and couldn't get one on 3d and 1.

Luck doesn't need to fill any shoes but his own. Peyton didn't have to fill Johnny U's shoes. What Luck would like to have is a complete team to support him. A running game and a defense. If that happens, Luck's record will take care of itself. Personally, I have never been into who is the best QB. Brady, Rodgers, Peyton, Montana, etc. and etc., and etc. and......

It is a team sport, and the best team wins. The proof of that is the fact that the Patriots have 4 or 5 SB rings and the Indy Colts 1.

The Indy Colts had Peyton. The Patriots had an excellent D, a very good offense and a running game.

The Colts won a lot of games because Peyton could keep the other team off balance with his calls at the line. But when he faced teams with a good D, particularly the 3-4, he struggled. Personally I am looking forward to a team that can run the ball when it needs a couple of yards for a first down. Hate to remember how many times we needed a yard or two and couldn't get one on 3d and 1.

Peyton didnt have to fill Johnny Unitas' shoe's because he didnt take Unitas' place. The other quarter back tandums did. Luck DOES have big shoes to fill becasue he is taking Peyton's place. Do you see the comparisons now?

Peyton didnt have to fill Johnny Unitas' shoe's because he didnt take Unitas' place. The other quarter back tandums did. Luck DOES have big shoes to fill becasue he is taking Peyton's place. Do you see the comparisons now?

Truly great qbs don't fill another qbs shoes they make thier own footprints. That's what young did when he took Montana's spot and it's what Rodgers is doing now in green bay. That's why I keep saying Andrew Luck needs to worry about being the best Andrew Luck he can be not about being the next Peyton Manning.

As great as Peyton was during the regular season, Peytons numbers in the playoffs werent that good, forget his playoff record, that is a team ordeal but his numbers in the playoffs arent Peyton like numbers he has played in 19 playoff games in his career and has thrown for 29 touchdowns and 19 interceptions, thats 1.526 touchdowns per game rounded up thats 1.53 touchdowns per game in the playoffs compared to 1.91 during regular season games he has played in. Just for comparisons sake Favre has thrown for an average 1.83 touchdowns in 24 playoff games and 44 touchdowns but 30 interceptions or 1.25 interceptions per game in the playoffs, compared to Manning 0.052631579

As great as Peyton was during the regular season, Peytons numbers in the playoffs werent that good, forget his playoff record, that is a team ordeal but his numbers in the playoffs arent Peyton like numbers he has played in 19 playoff games in his career and has thrown for 29 touchdowns and 19 interceptions, thats 1.526 touchdowns per game rounded up thats 1.53 touchdowns per game in the playoffs compared to 1.91 during regular season games he has played in. Just for comparisons sake Favre has thrown for an average 1.83 touchdowns in 24 playoff games and 44 touchdowns but 30 interceptions or 1.25 interceptions per game in the playoffs, compared to Manning 0.052631579

I always thought Peyton put too much pressure on himself in playoff games. Most players who do well on those settings say its just another game to Peyton it was clear it was not he knew just how huge those games were. With that said he was much better after his super bowl win. I think that did take some of the weight off his shoulders.

I need to go find the link, but Mannings playoff numbers arent as bad as they are made out to be. Matter of fact, on the chart I saw, Manning's playoff numbers are better than Tom Bradys. you can take that for what it is worth.

I need to go find the link, but Mannings playoff numbers arent as bad as they are made out to be. Matter of fact, on the chart I saw, Manning's playoff numbers are better than Tom Bradys. you can take that for what it is worth.

Tom Brady--------Cmp-Att-CMP%--YDS--TD-INT-Rate-Y/A-AY/A
22 Games 499 793 62.9% 5285 38 20 87.8 6.66 6.49
Peyton Manning
19 Games 453 718 63.1% 5389 29 19 88.4 7.51 7.12

http://www.pro-footb...0/gamelog/post/

http://www.pro-footb...0/gamelog/post/

I always thought Peyton put too much pressure on himself in playoff games. Most players who do well on those settings say its just another game to Peyton it was clear it was not he knew just how huge those games were. With that said he was much better after his super bowl win. I think that did take some of the weight off his shoulders.

I think he put to much pressure on himself in the playoffs which is justified by our defenses being awful more often then not but we were better when teams didnt know what we were going to do run or pass in the playoffs

FIXED IT..

I agree, it's a TEAM game for sure...but Manning has choked on his OWN without anyone's help quite a number of times....I'm always reminded of that game that he threw six interceptions to the Chargers....we STILL could have won the game had Vinny not missed that field goal...but six interceptions is nearly impossible to overcome...and then we have the times he choked against SD in the playoffs...

Yep, it's a team game for sure...but a team can't throw six interceptions in one game either...nor can a team miss one critical field goal...if EVERYONE does their part then it is a TEAM...but if one person does not then you don't have a complete team.

I agree, it's a TEAM game for sure...but Manning has choked on his OWN without anyone's help quite a number of times....I'm always reminded of that game that he threw six interceptions to the Chargers....we STILL could have won the game had Vinny not missed that field goal...but six interceptions is nearly impossible to overcome...and then we have the times he choked against SD in the playoffs...

Yep, it's a team game for sure...but a team can't throw six interceptions in one game either...nor can a team miss one critical field goal...if EVERYONE does their part then it is a TEAM...but if one person does not then you don't have a complete team.

couldn't have said it better. I'll give u an excellent example of what a team can do when working together. Don't recall the yr but the colts were playing down in Miami I believe a MNF game. The entire game the Colts had the ball for 14min & change. Colts won that game

So when the TEAM plays like crap and Pedyton puts it on himself to try and dig them out, he presses his passes. He had 5o try. Cause the way the game was going, they still werent going to win. IMO

What you are leaving out is he was playing with guys signed off the street playing WR that game. The only starting WR he had was Reggie Wayne who saw no less than two DBs on him all night. He didn't even have Clark. The Colts had NO business even being in that game. The fact they were speaks volumes let alone Manning putting them in a spot to win the game only to have maybe the greatest clutch kicker in the history of the NFL misses a make able field goal. That was the strangest game I've ever seen in my life not only because of the INTs or the missed kick but the fact it was raining in San Diego of all places. The INT in the endzone the Colts got that should have been a TD that called back because of a ref mistake. There were just so many strange thing that happened in that game.

With that said you are going after Manning for not coming threw in the clutch in ONE game. There are many times during his career that Manning did come threw in the clutch. I believe he is the current leader in 4th quarter comebacks and only behind John Elway for that all-time record. Did he have times where he didn't do it? Sure. All QBs have moments like that it's not a problem that only Manning had.

Manning had his faults no question about that but let's not try to make him out to be a choker because of how he played in one freak game. What last year proved was that the team Manning lead didn't have the same level of talent of say a team like New England. Manning didn't have the other players to lean on and carry the weight. Outside of one playoff run where they won a Super Bowl he couldn't just lean on his defense and not play perfect. I think Manning put too much pressure on himself at times but I think that's because Manning knew he had to be perfect or close to it to give his team a chance to win. Of the course of his career he did that more times than not except in situations like the playoffs when he would run into a star QB with something else. Like the Pats who had a good defense or the Chargers who just had a stacked team with a star QB to go with it. Manning's only human he can only make up for so much. Even in his last game as a Colt Manning did his job he got them the lead and then watched the special teams, defense and coaching staff undo it for him. Who wasn't clutch there? Manning or the rest of the team?

TBH I don't think this Peyton clutch argument might still even be going on at times (here or with other fanbases or the media) if it wasn't for the pick 6 at the end of the SB with 3 and a half to go.

I don't care if you blame Wayne, Caldwell, special teams or the moon.

The fact is for a few weeks leading up to that game the media did a number on Manning praising how great he was. How he was maybe the best ever.

And they set him up to see him fail almost, maybe not intentionally but it sure happened that way.

In the biggest stage of his life needing to be tied to give the Colts a fighting chance to win Manning threw a pick 6. I don't care what happened before the pick 6. I don't care if Wayne didn't run it correctly according to some. The fact is Manning gets praised when things go right, in that moment and in that game I don't feel he lived up his standards and he pulled the trigger and stared down his receiver.

I don't care. If this was Brady people here would pick on him for that pick 6. We all would. Manning messed up in the clutch BIG TIME.

Fair or not, team sport or not, history remembers big game moments good or bad. They will always show Porter taking that pick to the house. They will always show Adam kicking game winning FGs for the Pats, the Montana to Clark catch, the Bills SB FG miss, Eli to Tyree.....and so on and so on.

Favre 30 4th quarter comebacks, 45 game winning drives

Peyton Manning 35 4th quarter comebacks, 46 game winning drives

John Elway 35 4th quarter comebacks 46 game winning drives

Dan Marino 36 4th quarter comebacks, 51 game winning drives

TBH I don't think this Peyton clutch argument might still even be going on at times (here or with other fanbases or the media) if it wasn't for the pick 6 at the end of the SB with 3 and a half to go.

I don't care if you blame Wayne, Caldwell, special teams or the moon.

The fact is for a few weeks leading up to that game the media did a number on Manning praising how great he was. How he was maybe the best ever.

And they set him up to see him fail almost, maybe not intentionally but it sure happened that way.

In the biggest stage of his life needing to be tied to give the Colts a fighting chance to win Manning threw a pick 6. I don't care what happened before the pick 6. I don't care if Wayne didn't run it correctly according to some. The fact is Manning gets praised when things go right, in that moment and in that game I don't feel he lived up his standards and he pulled the trigger and stared down his receiver.

I don't care. If this was Brady people here would pick on him for that pick 6. We all would. Manning messed up in the clutch BIG TIME.

Fair or not, team sport or not, history remembers big game moments good or bad. They will always show Porter taking that pick to the house. They will always show Adam kicking game winning FGs for the Pats, the Montana to Clark catch, the Bills SB FG miss, Eli to Tyree.....and so on and so on.

Porter was sitting on that pass the moment Wayne broke off his route which was only 5 yards, by looking at that pass, I would say either that ball should have been out of Peytons hands sooner or Wayne didnt run his route crisp enough but either way Porter had a lock on the ball, Peyton stared the route and Reggie down Porter just had to jump it and he did perfectly, if Peyton would have made an attempt to pump fake or look Porter off with his eyes then the outcome may have been different, thats what I get from the play watching it several times now the ball wasnt thrown real hard from what I can tell just by looking, it was a pretty easy pick for a good NFL Corner

Porter was sitting on that pass the moment Wayne broke off his route which was only 5 yards, by looking at that pass, I would say either that ball should have been out of Peytons hands sooner or Wayne didnt run his route crisp enough but either way Porter had a lock on the ball, Peyton stared the route and Reggie down Porter just had to jump it and he did perfectly, if Peyton would have made an attempt to pump fake or look Porter off with his eyes off the outcome may have been different, thats what I get from the play watching it several times now the ball wasnt thrown real hard from what I can tell just by looking, it was a pretty easy pick for a good NFL Corner

That play has always been about Porter making a great play more than it has Manning and Wayne making a mistake IMO. It doesn't mean that Manning and Wayne ran it the best they ever have because they didn't but still to me it goes back to the idea the other guys get paid to play too.

Porter was sitting on that pass the moment Wayne broke off his route which was only 5 yards, by looking at that pass, I would say either that ball should have been out of Peytons hands sooner or Wayne didnt run his route crisp enough but either way Porter had a lock on the ball, Peyton stared the route and Reggie down Porter just had to jump it and he did perfectly, if Peyton would have made an attempt to pump fake or look Porter off with his eyes then the outcome may have been different, thats what I get from the play watching it several times now the ball wasnt thrown real hard from what I can tell just by looking, it was a pretty easy pick for a good NFL Corner

Absolutely. And not shocking since those Saints thrived on turnovers all year too. I would have liked to have run the ball more in that game. Addai was killing it at times. Manning threw too much IMO compared to the rushing attempts.

But the point is, the pick 6 happened at the worst time. Fans of other teams or football in general that I know are not as forgiving as Colts fans. I don't blame them since like I said if it was Brady and I was talking to a Pats fan I might use it against him too. Not everyone will analyze it either. They see pick 6 and that is it. And to seal the Saints victory made it even worse near the end.

It was horrible timing at the worst possible moment in THE SUPER BOWL. It is just something that will always be remembered unfortunately. I would take that play back in a heart beat and still just take the L.

That play has always been about Porter making a great play more than it has Manning and Wayne making a mistake IMO. It doesn't mean that Manning and Wayne ran it the best they ever have because they didn't but still to me it goes back to the idea the other guys get paid to play too.

To me when I watched it, it went in slow motion to me for some reason I saw it the minute it left Peytons hands before Porter caught it, I understand why some would think as you describe but to me that particular play was about "what the heck was he (Manning) thinking?!"

Absolutely. And not shocking since those Saints thrived on turnovers all year too. I would have liked to have run the ball more in that game. Addai was killing it at times. Manning threw too much IMO compared to the rushing attempts.

But the point is, the pick 6 happened at the worst time. Fans of other teams or football in general that I know are not as forgiving as Colts fans. I don't blame them since like I said if it was Brady and I was talking to a Pats fan I might use it against him too. Not everyone will analyze it either. They see pick 6 and that is it. And to seal the Saints victory made it even worse near the end.

It was horrible timing at the worst possible moment in THE SUPER BOWL. It is just something that will always be remembered unfortunately. I would take that play back in a heart beat and still just take the L.

I think we could have ran on them well and early on we did

To me when I watched it, it went in slow motion to me for some reason I saw it the minute it left Peytons hands before Porter caught it, I understand why some would think as you describe but to me that particular play was about "what the heck was he (Manning) thinking?!"

Agree. I also have watched it on slow motion before. Heck I loved Favre and put stuff on him. I loved Manning here and put stuff on him. We CAN put blame on QBs at times..

I never thought it was our night in the second half. Still that pick 6.....Jesus I can still see Porter running with it. He was like a bullet out of a gun. What a horrible ending to a horrible game that was. My God.......

Agree. I also have watched it on slow motion before. Heck I loved Favre and put stuff on him. I loved Manning here and put stuff on him. We CAN put blame on QBs at times..

I never thought it was our night in the second half. Still that pick 6.....Jesus I can still see Porter running with it. He was like a bullet out of a gun. What a horrible ending to a horrible game that was. My God.......

I think that onside kick by the Saints in the second half caught the entire football planet off guard, that wasnt even a thought because in my mind it defied logic to try something like they did that early with the game so close, in other words the perfect oppurtunity

Don't remind me.......

I remember saying when the drive started, "Get 7 and burn up enough clock to force OT".

Ugh/

But despite that play we still had time to tie or at least pull within 7 Manning did lead them down to the goal line or very close to it after that play and Reggie did drop a key pass that would have pulled us within 7 but even then the Colts would have had to onside kick and recover the ball

I think that onside kick by the Saints in the second half caught the entire football planet off guard, that wasnt even a thought because in my mind it defied logic to try something like they did that early with the game so close, in other words the perfect oppurtunity

Yeah the Saints punked us. And we let them! I was iffy about playing them all year since they had that "look"but I pushed it away. And God the halftime show was "The Who." Who dat? It seemed meant to be almost, yikes.

I think I nearly dropped my drink when the onside kick happened. I sat down ready to see us have the ball and.....um.......yeah.

And despite everything we entered the 4th quarter with a 1 point lead.

We were horribly out played, out coached, out poised.....all of it.