Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots fan writer

Nobody

This writer on BR is so obviously a Pats fan/ Colts hater that it hurts. The top comment is from another Boston fan saying how biased he is. He talks about how bad the Colts are, how Tom Brady isn't overrated, the Tuck Rule game was legit, and Spygate is an excuse for why the Patriots are so good. :facepalm::sigh:

This writer on BR is so obviously a Pats fan/ Colts hater that it hurts. The top comment is from another Boston fan saying how biased he is. He talks about how bad the Colts are, how Tom Brady isn't overrated, the Tuck Rule game was legit, and Spygate is an excuse for why the Patriots are so good. :facepalm::sigh:

I gotta say, of course the article is biased towards the Patriots...but its hard to disagree with any of the points that you listed in your original post.

Are the Colts bad and was Caldwell a joke?

- The Colts were the worst team in the NFL last season and their coach fired and quarterback cut.

Tom Brady being overrated

- He's led his team to 5 Superbowl appearances in his 10 years as a starter and was voted the #1 player in the NFL last year by his peers.

The Tuck Rule game being legit.

- Patriot haters dont want to admit it, but the play was called correctly according the the rule. Is it a terrible rule that nobody had heard of at the time? Yes...but its also a call that is made multiple times each season, but because of the circumstances surrounding that one time in 2001, it has become high profile and gives people something to point to when they refuse to accept that the Raiders had chances to win the game after that one play, and failed.

Spygate

- The almighty trump card for Patriot rivals in the argument for why their team lost to New England during their run. Do you disagree that people have used spygate as the reason for why the Patriots have been so good?

Again...clearly the article was biased towards New England, I just think you focused on the wrong points when trying to make a case for how bull * it is.

I gotta say, of course the article is biased towards the Patriots...but its hard to disagree with any of the points that you listed in your original post.

Are the Colts bad and was Caldwell a joke?

- The Colts were the worst team in the NFL last season and their coach fired and quarterback cut.

Tom Brady being overrated

- He's led his team to 5 Superbowl appearances in his 10 years as a starter and was voted the #1 player in the NFL last year by his peers.

The Tuck Rule game being legit.

- Patriot haters dont want to admit it, but the play was called correctly according the the rule. Is it a terrible rule that nobody had heard of at the time? Yes...but its also a call that is made multiple times each season, but because of the circumstances surrounding that one time in 2001, it has become high profile and gives people something to point to when they refuse to accept that the Raiders had chances to win the game after that one play, and failed.

Spygate

- The almighty trump card for Patriot rivals in the argument for why their team lost to New England during their run. Do you disagree that people have used spygate as the reason for why the Patriots have been so good?

Again...clearly the article was biased towards New England, I just think you focused on the wrong points when trying to make a case for how bull * it is.

no, the tuck game rule wasn't ruled correctly....and the worst part was they actually overturned it on replay. the tuck rule had been called earlier that season, but those calls were obvious...how they overturned that is beyond me.

i think espn actually just did a sport science piece on this.....

His twitter name is patriotsplus come on man

What's funny is he is mixing having an excuse for something (overtraining caused false positive on drug test) to Jim Caldwell and Curtis Painter being "poor excuse" for coach and QB. 2 different things entirely.

It's kind of like he threw in things other than Pats and Colts so he didn't look too blatently biased. Fail.

We all know Tom Brady is a great QB and that spygate wasn't responsible for the SB wins. He is just looking for a platform to blow his horn.

If anyone thinks Tom was throwing the ball in the "Tuck Game" you are nuts. It was a pump fake, he was pulling it in to put his other hand on the ball.

NFL Rule 3, Section 22, Article 2, Note 2. When [an offensive] player is holding the ball to pass it forward, any intentional forward movement of his arm starts a forward pass, even if the player loses possession of the ball as he is attempting to tuck it back toward his body. Also, if the player has tucked the ball into his body and then loses possession, it is a fumble

Brady had two hands on the ball.

Look, it's no secret that I am an Indianapolis Colts fan. I wouldn't be on this site so much if I wasn't. However, I do have a tremendous amount of respect for Bill Belicheck, Tom Brady, Robert Kraft, & how the NE franchise conducts it's business & pursuit of perfection day in & day out. The Tuck Rule was incorrectly interpreted by the zebras on the field. FX Stryker is exactly right in his pump fake analogy.

Yes, Jim Caldwell had no idea how to play situational football, took forever to make any adjustments or changes, & he is coordinator not heading coaching material. Yes, Bill Belicheck is sharp as a tack & a brilliant head coach. Yes, Tom Brady is both a clutch & elite QB. Spygate: I blame Roger Goodell for not releasing the tapes publicly & putting this controversy to bed once & for all. The eye in the sky never lies. Let the tapes speak for themselves. They were either exonerate the entire franchise or reinforce the alleged accusation. I remember Bill as the defensive coordinator under Bill Parcells with the NY Giants in the early 1990's. Belicheck knows how to coach defense; he has no reason or need to cheat IMO. That's how I see it anyway.

The Tuck Rule was incorrectly interpreted by the zebras on the field. FX Stryker is exactly right in his pump fake analogy.

Yes, The Tuck Rule is a bad rule, but however the refs did get it wrong. Even if a player is pump faking it's an incomplete pass. That is the part the refs interpreted. They got that right. Except Brady had finished, and had the ball in two hands only for a split second. It doesn't matter how long though, he had it tucked in. Had Woodson hit him half a second later the call on the field stays. The refs forgot the second part of the rule.

If anyone thinks Tom was throwing the ball in the "Tuck Game" you are nuts. It was a pump fake, he was pulling it in to put his other hand on the ball.

NFL Rule 3, Section 22, Article 2, Note 2. When [an offensive] player is holding the ball to pass it forward, any intentional forward movement of his arm starts a forward pass, even if the player loses possession of the ball as he is attempting to tuck it back toward his body. Also, if the player has tucked the ball into his body and then loses possession, it is a fumble

Brady had two hands on the ball.

Yes the Tuck Rule was crap.

I agree on this one. Not much we can do though to turn back the clock on it. I don't think Brady intended to throw the ball with two hands/arms.

With the birth of the Pats dynasty began the birth of Brady/Montana comparisons too even though I will always take Montana over Brady personally.

Yes, The Tuck Rule is a bad rule, but however the refs did get it wrong. Even if a player is pump faking it's an incomplete pass. That is the part the refs interpreted. They got that right. Except Brady had finished, and had the ball in two hands only for a split second. It doesn't matter how long though, he had it tucked in. Had Woodson hit him half a second later the call on the field stays. The refs forgot the second part of the rule.

Yes, they sure did FX Stryker. No argument there. Thanks for the accurate NFL history lesson BTW. Bravo!!!

It's well-known in the rich history of the NFL... the Tuck Rule was karma for Jack Tatum's blatant cheap shot that paralyzed Darryl Stingley years earlier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0vKO-sHZTY

Oh and by the way, Bleacher Report = Novice Biased Fan Blog Central. I thought everyone knew that.

No need for anyone to feel bad for Oakland. This one is remembered as one of the worst calls in NFL history. NE had the best team in the league and this call kept them from a SB IMO. The Tuck was fitting for NE and their fans.

Sugar Bear Hamilton "roughs" the passer - YouTube

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jln47i31ps