Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

About all those interceptions?

NewColtsFan

First, take a good long deep breath... you've got yourself way too worked up over nothing....

It surely is nothing, but what gives you the impression that I'm worked up? Your posts frequently cry out for an alternative viewpoint - and as you've noted it has sometimes been my distinct pleasure to offer one - but your perception of my emotional state is about as accurate as your perception of the Stars editorial state.

It surely is nothing, but what gives you the impression that I'm worked up? Your posts frequently cry out for an alternative viewpoint - and as you've noted it has sometimes been my distinct pleasure to offer one - but your perception of my emotional state is about as accurate as your perception of the Stars editorial state.

Right. Got it. Not a fan. I'll make a note of it. Do not send MAC a Christmas card.

Right. Got it. Not a fan. I'll make a note of it. Do not send MAC a Christmas card.

lol, I love this guy!! another gift from Luck, the new Colts fans who follow Luck. Manning brought them, same with Luck. Love reading your posts and insights. Most Colts fans are pretty cool, can be a bit snippy and broody at times but its all good. I consider myself a Colts fan with an attitude!! Im more of a steelers/ravens smash mouth type of guy. And am absolutly thrilled with the change!! welcome to the board and Colts nation!

Hi, just joined. Little of my background. Been a Colts fan since they moved to Indy. Im more of a college football fan (only because I hate the other teams so much I cant watch them). Ive been a long time reader. Just thought I would join now, so I can be involved in the great discussions on this site. Ok, didnt Manning have the record for most interceptions by a rookie? Luck might break that record, but who cares. As long as he gets better, it will be ok. Look forward to many discussions with you fine people.

Quite possibly one of the dumbest threads I've ever read. I heard about the INT's and a not so great first day of MINI-CAMP (not training camp) for Luck by the Star's writers on Twitter.

Seriously. It was the first day of MINI-CAMP for a ROOKIE quarterback.

I feel dumber for reading this thread.

Quite possibly one of the dumbest threads I've ever read. I heard about the INT's and a not so great first day of MINI-CAMP (not training camp) for Luck by the Star's writers on Twitter.

Quite a post. You're new here. 10 whole posts and you're already insulting people. How to win friends and influence people. Nice.... :facepalm:

I agree. If every int is going to be news this year be prepared for a lot of threads. He threw 10 last year in 13 games against college opponents so it shouldn't be out of the question he might throw 12-16 easily if not more this year. I mean he may improve but he wasn't the most accurate passer in college especially on his deep throws. I think though we should realize this year will be a lot of flashes of brilliance and some signs of rookie mistakes. We shouldn't be a concerned about stats but rather his growth. Does he progress, look confident in the pocket, and improve. These practice numbers shouldn't be what we are focusing on.

Quite a post. You're new here. 10 whole posts and you're already insulting people. How to win friends and influence people. Nice.... :facepalm:

And when did you become a Colts fan? Maybe you always have been but mostly I just seen you after Luck came. I'm not going to be mean but that guy/gal could have been a life long fan and just found this site. I mean I don't think he was insulting anyone but simply astounded at how stupid it is to be so caught up on every throw at practice. I feel the same way about this thread and only decided to come in and let people know this guy is mortal...he threw quite a few picks last year...so lets not get too excited about picks. They are all part of learning the new speed of the game and judging what windows he can put the ball into and just plain learning experiences.

These interceptions are a good thing. He can't learn from mistakes if he doesn't make any.

It's a mini-camp and not even a training camp, but hopefully when it's 1's vs. 1's, and more so in live action, I hope Pagano throws everything at him during practice. There would be days I'd have him facing a 6 man rush with 10 in coverage, just to make it harder.

One of the things that made Brady good was going against Belichick's D on a daily basis. They would play it like a game and would pick him quite a bit and Brady would get so animated and disgusted that Seymour and Bruschi and company would just laugh and tick him off even more. The next day he'd hit on something and talk crap right back to them.

If practices can be made hard then Sunday/Game Day becomes easy.

I do find it odd though how a few have gone out of their way to attempt to discredit the best the Star has to offer.

And when did you become a Colts fan? Maybe you always have been but mostly I just seen you after Luck came. I'm not going to be mean but that guy/gal could have been a life long fan and just found this site. I mean I don't think he was insulting anyone but simply astounded at how stupid it is to be so caught up on every throw at practice. I feel the same way about this thread and only decided to come in and let people know this guy is mortal...he threw quite a few picks last year...so lets not get too excited about picks. They are all part of learning the new speed of the game and judging what windows he can put the ball into and just plain learning experiences.

Well...... you missed the point. So I'll try to be more direct.

I've been here only about a month. But does it really matter if you've been a Colts fan since the dawn of time? The guy has 10 posts and he's insulting people. I only pointed that out because it's one of the rare posts I've seen here do that. It's a nice polite friendly community. He may not have taken a shot directly at one person, but at many. Being a new person and insulting the regulars just doesn't strike me as a winning formula.

You're free to disagree. If I offended you or anyone else, I'm always happy to apologize.

These interceptions are a good thing. He can't learn from mistakes if he doesn't make any.

It's a mini-camp and not even a training camp, but hopefully when it's 1's vs. 1's, and more so in live action, I hope Pagano throws everything at him during practice. There would be days I'd have him facing a 6 man rush with 10 in coverage, just to make it harder.

One of the things that made Brady good was going against Belichick's D on a daily basis. They would play it like a game and would pick him quite a bit and Brady would get so animated and disgusted that Seymour and Bruschi and company would just laugh and tick him off even more. The next day he'd hit on something and talk crap right back to them.

If practices can be made hard then Sunday/Game Day becomes easy.

I do find it odd though how a few have gone out of their way to attempt to discredit the best the Star has to offer.

Really dumb thread to say the least, BTW... I wasn't aware of any ints Luck has thrown. Maybe the thread should have read "about those near interceptions."

I guess you'd have to ask the person that started it.

I read a report of a couple yesterday.

Fact is there were no ints yesterday. The report was false. I wasn't picking at you .. just added the fact that there weren't int's yesterday to my concurring with you that this is pretty meaningless stuff.

I'm the guy who started this thread. And it had nothing to do with any interceptions per se. I'm not the least bit worried about it. Seriously.

But a fan here noted that Luck threw two picks and almost threw two more. The first 3 stories I came across at the IndyStar website made no mention of the two picks. And the stories were very flattering to Luck.

So, my concern was about the media coverage, not about the picks. Everyone telling me not to worry about the picks can relax. I'm not at all worried about any picks, real, almost real, or imagined. Really I'm not.

I was just wondering about the stories.... my background is as a media guy and I was wondering about the stories.

That's all. Really that's all. If I had thought that by starting this thread I would have stirred up all of this trouble.... well, I never would have started this thread.

Good Grief. :facepalm: :whiteflag:

My take on the everything is this,

1.we have a new quarterback

2.he was the #1 pick

3.its practice, no pads, no hitting, nothing such as that

4. going back to #1 point combine that with replacing Peyton and people are going to naturally curious of every throw he makes (touchdown, interception, incompletion) whether its practice or traning camp or whatever

5.I think those of us that understand and aknowledge Luck is a rookie and will make rookie mistakes continue to remind other people of the fact that he is a rookie and that he will make mistakes then I think its alright for people to be curious as long as they realize like I have said...he is a rookie

With all that said, as said I believe in another thread, I am more interested in the defense and the offensive line and running backs and Corners at this time

Final thought, people need to relax and think before they type out a hateful or sarcastic response, we are on computers, who are you trying to impress? just chill, not everyone is real knowledgeable about football, the Colts try to understand that, we all have opinions but some dont like sarcastic, rude and ill tempered opinions directed towards them, not to mention I HATE when a thread is closed

Sorry. I wasn't trying to single anyone out or be insulting. But my personal opinion is it is down right crazy to even have a thread over every single td or pick thrown in practice by Andrew. I like the kid and hope he turns out to be a great one but if he is under this kind of scrutiny in practice what are we going to do when he throws multiple picks in a game. I thought it was a lot to do about nothing and that was why I posted. Heck I don't even keep track of opened the thread. I guess I get worried people are expecting way to much from both Luck and the team this year. If some are this worried about how his practices are going I guess I am concerned with what we will face when the season is full on and Luck has a few of those rookie stinkers.

Anyways seems he had some bad throws...both had to do with two areas we all know he will need work in. His timing with the receivers and his accuracy on his deep throws....one we already knew in scouting reports and the other because it was his first day with new receivers. Report finished.

Sorry. I wasn't trying to single anyone out or be insulting. But my personal opinion is it is down right crazy to even have a thread over every single td or pick thrown in practice by Andrew. I like the kid and hope he turns out to be a great one but if he is under this kind of scrutiny in practice what are we going to do when he throws multiple picks in a game. I thought it was a lot to do about nothing and that was why I posted. Heck I don't even keep track of opened the thread. I guess I get worried people are expecting way to much from both Luck and the team this year. If some are this worried about how his practices are going I guess I am concerned with what we will face when the season is full on and Luck has a few of those rookie stinkers.

Anyways seems he had some bad throws...both had to do with two areas we all know he will need work in. His timing with the receivers and his accuracy on his deep throws....one we already knew in scouting reports and the other because it was his first day with new receivers. Report finished.

Agreed on all points, I will just add, those people that are expecting to much better find some game tape on Peytons rookie year, he had some flashes of brilliance but also some bad with it, it was a process for Manning and it will be for Luck also people need to remember Newton lit it up as well but he also played like a rookie at times and had plenty of interceptions

Luck threw an average of about 1 pick per game, so don't expect him to do better than a 2-1 ratio his rookie season.

Peyton Manning threw 35+ TDs and 11 int in 13 games and Mark Sanchez threw 35+ TD's and 10 INT in 13 games.....Luck threw 35+ TD's and 10 INT.

We all say how many INT's Sanchez and Manning put up their rookie seasons.

My point also is the inaccuracy and downright laziness of the reporting from the so-called sports writers employed by the STAR.

Instead, here is an example of real sports reporting from George Bremer, writer for the freakin' Anderson Indiana Herald Bulletin:

In 11-on-11 and 7-on-7 drills combined, he (Luck) completed 26 of 37 passes. That total includes three spikes to kill the clock during two-minute drills, meaning Luck threw just eight incompletions against defenders Wednesday. In eight practices with the Colts, Luck has yet to throw an interception. He looked particularly sharp Wednesday on a lightning-quick throw over the middle that sprinted past a diving linebacker and hit wide receiver Jeremy Ross in stride for a big gain. Luck also showed nice touch on a two-yard fade pass to Austin Collie for his first touchdown at Lucas Oil Stadium. Collie made a late adjustment on the ball in the end zone and caught it as he fell to the ground, and Luck said he learns a lot from every rep he gets with his new teammates.

“Just to get out here and throw and see how he makes an adjustment is huge,” Luck said of the touchdown pass. “I think it helped that it wasn’t Day 1 for us, but that is something that we will have to continue to work on, though.”

I also watched the video of people interviewing Luck and there were no questions from Wilson or Kravitz. In fact, Wilson was seen the background with his perfected coiffed white spiked hair while he was fiddling with his phone. In contrast, Kravitz was standing right next to Luck, but again said nothing. I was a little concerned, because his face was twitching like a teenager with Tourette's. What's up with that?

I'm the guy who started this thread. And it had nothing to do with any interceptions per se. I'm not the least bit worried about it. Seriously.

But a fan here noted that Luck threw two picks and almost threw two more. The first 3 stories I came across at the IndyStar website made no mention of the two picks. And the stories were very flattering to Luck.

So, my concern was about the media coverage, not about the picks. Everyone telling me not to worry about the picks can relax. I'm not at all worried about any picks, real, almost real, or imagined. Really I'm not.

I was just wondering about the stories.... my background is as a media guy and I was wondering about the stories.

That's all. Really that's all. If I had thought that by starting this thread I would have stirred up all of this trouble.... well, I never would have started this thread.

If you stick around this won't be the last time you experience the intention of a thread taking a hard left turn, and ending up in an unintended destination.

It's the off season, and one filled with a lot of anticipation, which bring anxiety.

There's also the QB controversy whereas, if you compliment one, some will take it as dissing the other.

BTW, that last paragraph, is that why you 'used to be' a media guy?

I ask only because the expectation would be that a media guy WOULD start this thread if they thought it would stir up a whole lot of trouble.

Just messin' with ya'. :)

Those of us who read your first article understood it was about media discrepancy and not about Luck. I thought your article was a good catch about the difference in reporting by different people.

Good God people...if the internet existed in this form in 1998, Manning would have been run out of town after his rookie season! Give it some time, he's a rookie! Even the great #18 threw like 35 picks in a 4-5 game stretch in 2010 b/c of the decimated receiving corps (exaggerating I know but you get my point). Luck will be just fine. Unfortunately some Colts fans think the transition from a future HOFer to a rookie will be seamless....great as he was in college, prepared as he will be, he's still a rookie going up against NFL defenses. It will take time. Patience....

I don't mind a few mistakes from Luck as long as he learns from them...and most of us believe he will. I don't want to go back to the days when Peyton had to be perfect for us to win. The reason we are all excited is because we believe we're going to eventually have a great defense AND a great offense with enough talented players on both sides of the ball to give Luck some slack.

If you stick around this won't be the last time you experience the intention of a thread taking a hard left turn, and ending up in an unintended destination.

It's the off season, and one filled with a lot of anticipation, which bring anxiety.

There's also the QB controversy whereas, if you compliment one, some will take it as dissing the other.

BTW, that last paragraph, is that why you 'used to be' a media guy?

I ask only because the expectation would be that a media guy WOULD start this thread if they thought it would stir up a whole lot of trouble.

Just messin' with ya'. :)

Good morning everyone.... got lots of responses this morning... think I'll respond here to avoid unnecessary clutter.... To Buccolts, and anyone who is also curious, I used to be a 'media guy' because I've sort of been downsized out of my career. And it's not just me. Can't begin to tell you the number of people I've worked with over the years who have lost their jobs like me and are now no longer in media.

All media has and will continue to downsize, it's not just newspapers who are suffering. Fewer people (those who are still in the business) are being asked to do much more as a result of the downsizing. I'm not talking a few, or even dozens. I'm talking hundreds and hundreds of TV, Radio and Newspaper people no longer in their chosen profession. As I say to many people, the world has changed incredibly in the last 5-years.

I've been out for nearly 3 years. Ironically, as it turns out I may wind up back in. I've been talking with a group and if I get this, it would be a dream job. Hope it happens, but I suspect my chances are less than 50-50. Don't know how much less, but less.

To be clear here -- I know I'm not alone. I know some of you Colts fans have likely lost a job in their profession and find it hard to get back in for whatever reason. You're now doing something else. And you may be making a fraction of what you used to make. Believe me, I feel your pain. I'm with ya. And I know if it's not you, it's a relative of yours, or a very close friend. It's a small, small world these days.

But, if this dream job doesn't work out, I'm modestly hopeful of finding something in the real world. You know, where most people live. And I'd be happy to get it. Here's hoping....

OK..... sob story over.... :tears: :Cry: Apologies for the non-football post. Just answering a question.

We now return you to Colts Football..!! Let the Good Times Roll..!!

Michael Forrest

:) I remember that about you, that's why I thought it'd be O.K. to razz you for the post.

No biggie, just havin' fun.

Oh yea now they got luck I'm w big luck fan, any person on the colts sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo go colts!!