Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tom Brady's "wicked accent" video

ReMeDy

Humor is in the eye of the beholder much like beauty I guess. I didn't find that skit funny at all personally. Keep your New England day job Tom Brady. Comedy is not a fall back career move for you IMO.

Funny or Die fell flat on it's face there. Oh well, not every skit can be a home run or touchdown I suppose right?

Humor is in the eye of the beholder much like beauty I guess. I didn't find that skit funny at all personally. Keep your New England day job Tom Brady. Comedy is not a fall back career move for you IMO.

Funny or Die fell flat on it's face there. Oh well, not every skit can be a home run or touchdown I suppose right?

I thought it was hilarious.

I thought it was funny, thanks for posting . . . the real comedian is the store clerk with Brady playing the straight guy . . . also too it is an inside joke regarding the Boston accent and is one reason why I find it funny . . .

altho . . . Brady is not the best actor on the world . . . but he is showing improvement and thought he did well in the video . . .

I thought it was funny, thanks for posting . . . the real comedian is the store clerk with Brady playing the straight guy . . . also too it is an inside joke regarding the Boston accent and is one reason why I find it funny . . .

altho . . . Brady is not the best actor on the world . . . but he is showing improvement and thought he did well in the video . . .

I will give Tom Brady credit for putting himself out there & poking fun at his celebrity status persona. Tom Brady is an elite QB IMO. Wow, lightning didn't strike me down acknowledging that our chief NFL rival is extremely talented. I surprised. haha

I know the premise of the joke & yes the store clerk guy was given the applause lines, but that still doesn't change the fact that the skit was not funny in my estimation.

I will give Tom Brady credit for putting himself out there & poking fun at his celebrity status persona. Tom Brady is an elite QB IMO. Wow, lightning didn't strike me down acknowledging that our chief NFL rival is extremely talented. I surprised. haha

I know the premise of the joke & yes the store clerk guy was given the applause lines, but that still doesn't change the fact that the skit was not funny in my estimation.

i see where you are coming from . . . most often comedy is in the eye of the beholder . . . some hate the Three Stooges, and some like me, think there are among the funniest skits of all time . . . some think Sienfeld is funny and some do not . . . I like it mainly do to the Boston accent issue . . . also athetles are not generally good actors . . .

couldn't agree more... I should have taken your word for it, that's 3 minutes I can't get back.

A good night's sleep has a way of clearing my oft times fuzzy brain.

When I viewed that video, it seemed dumb to me that others were giving Brady a hard time for having a Bostonian accent when he doesn't. It also appeared that the employee and customers had no clue who Brady was.

Now, that I think about it; I realize that I was missing something. :slaphead: This wasn't done at someplace like Bed, Bath, and Beyond. It's was Dick's Sporting Goods. And, there was the pic of Brady over the display and the cardboard cutout. So, what I missed last night; now seems pretty obvious to me. They knew who Brady was and were trying to rattle him.

It would have been helpful for me if they had started the video with a clip of the employee saying to the customers, "Ugh, here comes Tom Brady. Help me give this guy a rough time."

So, now that I think of the video in that light; it is funny. But, I still say that Brady is a bad actor.

A good night's sleep has a way of clearing my oft times fuzzy brain.

When I viewed that video, it seemed dumb to me that others were giving Brady a hard time for having a Bostonian accent when he doesn't. It also appeared that the employee and customers had no clue who Brady was.

Now, that I think about it; I realize that I was missing something. :slaphead: This wasn't done at someplace like Bed, Bath, and Beyond. It's was Dick's Sporting Goods. And, there was the pic of Brady over the display and the cardboard cutout. So, what I missed last night; now seems pretty obvious to me. They knew who Brady was and were trying to rattle him.

It would have been helpful for me if they had started the video with a clip of the employee saying to the customers, "Ugh, here comes Tom Brady. Help me give this guy a rough time."

So, now that I think of the video in that light; it is funny. But, I still say that Brady is a bad actor.

Hahaha

I still think you're missing the point of the video. It's not that they know who Tom Brady is and are trying to rattle him. The comedy comes from them mistaking him as a Bostonian, while completely missing the fact that he is a well known celebrity. The fact that they don't recognize him is part of the skit.

I see where you are coming from . . . most often comedy is in the eye of the beholder . . . some hate the Three Stooges; and some, like me, think they are among the funniest skits of all time . . . some think Sienfeld is funny, and some do not . . . I like it mainly due to the Boston accent issue . . . also, athletes are not generally good actors . . .

I don't think he did a terrible job. I put him at about the Vince Vaughn level of acting.

I also think that, although I do not follow the sport, wrestlers are starting to become better actors.

Hahaha

I still think you're missing the point of the video. It's not that they know who Tom Brady is and are trying to rattle him. The comedy comes from them mistaking him as a Bostonian, while completely missing the fact that he is a well known celebrity. The fact that they don't recognize him is part of the skit.

It is about making fun of his extreme celebrity. But I think the role they gave him was not great. Total straight man. Star of that video was the sales clerk.

couldn't agree more... I should have taken your word for it, that's 3 minutes I can't get back.

I'll take the joint advice and save myself 3 minutes. Now what can I waste that on? :)

Hahaha

Well, if that is the case; I am back to thinking it was a dumb video and see nothing humerous about mistaking someone for being from Boston when I heard nothing in Brady's speech to even remotely make one think that he was from Boston.

But, that's OK. As southwest said, we don't all have the same sense of humor.

For example, I think that "The Big Bang Theory" is hillarious. :lol: But, I know more people who disagree than agree with me on that.

why do they have to go insulting Matt Damon like that? I guess it's not funny to me because I picture Tom acting that exact same way in the real life situation..

well the way the skit went it was not an isnult to Matt Damon but an insult to Brady . . . mistaking him for someone famous from Boston, with Matt Damon being the one that is famous . . . so it is not really an insult to Damon as one is confirming that he is famous and perhaps the "only" one that is recognizable from Boston . . .

I don't think he did a terrible job. I put him at about the Vince Vaughn level of acting.

I also think that, although I do not follow the sport, wrestlers are starting to become better actors.

I think it all comes down to personalities . . . wrestlers generally are showman, as that is part of their jobs and the straight ones are weeding out before making it to the circuit. As such, the pool of wrestlers will have a higher percentage of people who can act . . . whereas as football players are just there due to there talent for the sport and are weeded out accordingly . . . as such there may not be a great amount of good actors . . .

i know most of us here all like Aaron Rogers . . . if we take away our fanhood of Rogers, you will see that his Discount Double Check commercials really aren't all that great . . .I like them regardless, but Rogers is kind of flat . . . I think Brady is like most of us and that is acting is not his number 1 suit . . .

I do like Manning commercials I think he does a good job . . .

Well, if that is the case; I am back to thinking it was a dumb video and see nothing humerous about mistaking someone for being from Boston when I heard nothing in Brady's speech to even remotely make one think that he was from Boston.

But, that's OK. As southwest said, we don't all have the same sense of humor.

For example, I think that "The Big Bang Theory" is hillarious. :lol: But, I know more people who disagree than agree with me on that.

Shecolt, that is the point . . . as we know comedy can come in different forms, sometimes mistaken identity or sometimes somebody completely missing the boat on a idea, or we can combine the two . . .

the whole point of the act, as i saw it and liked it, was this store clerk (and later the customers) does not even know who Bradys is (even tho there are several pictures of him in the store, to compound this "missing the boat" they "miss the boat" but thinking he has a Boston accent when he does not . . .

And further is always fun to poke fun at a given accent whenever you can, here they just used it in the form a clerk who is out to lunch and blindly hears an accent when one does not exist and assume its there since Brady is coming from Boston . . .

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, May 31, 2012 - inflammatory
Hidden by Nadine, May 31, 2012 - inflammatory

why do they have to go insulting Matt Damon like that? I guess it's not funny to me because I picture Tom acting that exact same way in the real life situation..

Oh please, you know full well that isn't true, Brady is a class act off the field and you can't find anyone besides maybe Darrel Revis to say otherwise. He has never done anything to suggest that he treats people in such a horrible way.

Nothing really changes in Colt's land, there is a hatred here that runs so deep that it blinds so many people. You choose to believe what you want to believe and pull your self-manifested world view over your eyes. The comments about people not even clicking on the link in the first place is almost even more hilarious, but you know they're lying out of their teeth and you know darn well they clicked and watched it.

It was a pretty funny commercial, nothing amazing, but thats because Tom Brady isn't an actor, hes just a good sport that will play a long with skits like that, the same as Peyton Manning would do.

Funny, I never saw any Pats fans ANYWHERE suggesting that Manning would treat little kids the way he treated them in his SNL skit. People like you make me laugh, I hope for your sake one day the hate inside your heart dissipates and opens your mind to reality.

Oh and btw, they never insulted Matt Damon. So funny how much some people will reach to make a point.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, May 31, 2012 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, May 31, 2012 - personal shot

Shecolt, that is the point . . . as we know comedy can come in different forms, sometimes mistaken identity or sometimes somebody completely missing the boat on a idea, or we can combine the two . . .

the whole point of the act, as i saw it and liked it, was this store clerk (and later the customers) does not even know who Bradys is (even tho there are several pictures of him in the store, to compound this "missing the boat" they "miss the boat" but thinking he has a Boston accent when he does not . . .

And further is always fun to poke fun at a given accent whenever you can, here they just used it in the form a clerk who is out to lunch and blindly hears an accent when one does not exist and assume its there since Brady is coming from Boston . . .

Some humor requires intelligence to appreciate.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, May 31, 2012 - responding to removed post
Hidden by Nadine, May 31, 2012 - responding to removed post

Some humor requires intelligence to appreciate.

and some obviously doesn't require any .... :lol: :highfive:
Posted · Hidden by Nadine, May 31, 2012 - response to a deleted post
Hidden by Nadine, May 31, 2012 - response to a deleted post

Oh please, you know full well that isn't true, Brady is a class act off the field and you can't find anyone besides maybe Darrel Revis to say otherwise. He has never done anything to suggest that he treats people in such a horrible way.

Okay, MIColtsFan is a friend of mine and I can't have anyone dragging her name through the mud for no apparent rhyme or reason. That player on the Chiefs who ended Tom Brady's 2008 season probably didn't get a Christmas Card from Brady that year after his knee injury either. NY Jets LB Bart Scott probably isn't the leader of Brady's fan club either IMO. Tom Brady is an elite QB who does seem like a good guy to me. There 1 INDY fan said something nice about the Patriots. Do I get a free platter of sea food now or a complementary bowl of clam chowder now? haha :lol: :thmup:

Nothing really changes in Colt's land, there is a hatred here that runs so deep that it blinds so many people.

Ouch!!! Retract the fangs and claws please. Was that sweeping generalization really necessary? An intense football rivalry is 1 thing, but such a negative, all encompassing blanket statement was truly unwarranted.

You choose to believe what you want to believe and pull your self-manifested world view over your eyes. The comments about people not even clicking on the link in the first place is almost even more hilarious, but you know they're lying out of their teeth and you know darn well they clicked and watched it.

You get to tell everyone what's funny, not funny, and how long we didn't laugh at it now? Who anointed you the Supreme Chancellor of global humor BTW? I never received that crucial memo...Darn, I'm always the last one on the totem pole to know these things. haha

It was a pretty funny commercial, nothing amazing, but thats because Tom Brady isn't an actor, hes just a good sport that will play a long with skits like that, the same as Peyton Manning would do.

Yes, Tom Brady was a good sport to do it and poor comedic writing is to blame for the overall performance. Not Tom Brady's fault IMO.

Funny, I never saw any Pats fans ANYWHERE suggesting that Manning would treat little kids the way he treated them in his SNL skit. People like you make me laugh, I hope for your sake one day the hate inside your heart dissipates and opens your mind to reality.

Mr. JerodMay051 this hatred you speak so eloquently about is perplexing to me. Has MIColtsFan personally attacked your personality or character? No? Then why do you fell so compelled to lash out at her? Perhaps, your squad needs to focus on counteracting Peyton's little brother Eli Manning and the NY Giants... just a thought. MIColtsFan is smart, funny, and she knows football. Please focus on your own squad in New England and channel your energy in more constructive, positive ways. Thank you for your time Mr. JerodMayo51.

Oh and btw, they never insulted Matt Damon. So funny how much some people will reach to make a point.

I think I will await confirmation from Matt Damon on that one JerodMayo51. Thanks.

Thanks, Yehoodi, for trying to help me understand; but I think I am just too dense. The clerk didn't even know that Brady came from Boston before he starting making fun of his nonexistent accent.

Now, I would have thought it was funny if the clerk thought Brady was someone else and kept insisting that he was correct no matter what Brady said to convince him otherwise.

Especially, if he said something like: "I thought I recognized you, but wasn't sure until I heard your "Noo Yowk" accent. You're that Manning dude. The MVP of the Super Bowl."

Thanks, Yehoodi, for trying to help me understand; but I think I am just too dense. The clerk didn't even know that Brady came from Boston before he starting making fun of his nonexistent accent.

Now, I would have thought it was funny if the clerk thought Brady was someone else and kept insisting that he was correct no matter what Brady said to convince him otherwise.

Especially, if he said something like: "I thought I recognized you, but wasn't sure until I heard your "Noo Yowk" accent. You're that Manning dude. The MVP of the Super Bowl."

and we wonder why women get stereotyped as not funny.....i kid

np . . . Shecolt no you are not dense . . . just some humor is not for all or for all of pick up . . . there is many forms of humor I do not pick up or find that are funny . . . I first thought too at first that Brady did not tell the clerk directly that he is from Boston and so why the Boston accent routine, but upon sober reflection I realized that is part of the skit, spefically the clerk is hearing a Boston accent that does not exist. And as the Boston accent is fairly recognizable from just hearing the person speak, there is no need to ask where one is from, you can tell by the way they talk . . . so the clerk, who was out to lunch, heard a Boston accent and started to go off on Brady . . .

I think too there was a few inside jokes in that how could one from out of state pick up an instate accent in just a decade, and also too he is returning to his home state when one whould recognize his own state's accent . . .

The skit is really no different than the Aaron Rogers State Farm skits, where the store clerk and customers are so out to lunch think that the Discount Double Check is unique to State Farm and does not exist in another form, as in the Aaron Rogers TD dance, and not only do they not recognize him but to not realize that they are doing his dance . . . and all of this happening in a locate Green Bay State Farm office under shadow Lambeau Field at that . .. then you throw in the out to lunch cheese head fan, and then Clay Matthews, the the guy that game him the belt after the Super Bowl and should be the first to correct the staff . . . but its a nice little tounge and check type of humor . . . even tho they are kind fo corny i like the State Farm commercials . . .

And i think too we know the "actor" outside of the skits and we always see Tom Brady as being serious ane business like in presser and in the locker room and so may transpose that image when viewing his acting . . . similar Rogers tends to be more open and free (must be a NE thing) and we see Rogers are being looser . . . so to a degree one's offstage persona effects what we see on the screen . . .

btw, if any of you go over to the pats boards you see they all love Bradys skit :-)

np . . . Shecolt no you are not dense . . . just some humor is not for all or for all of pick up . . . there is many forms of humor I do not pick up or find that are funny . . . I first thought too at first that Brady did not tell the clerk directly that he is from Boston and so why the Boston accent routine, but upon sober reflection I realized that is part of the skit, spefically the clerk is hearing a Boston accent that does not exist. And as the Boston accent is fairly recognizable from just hearing the person speak, there is no need to ask where one is from, you can tell by the way they talk . . . so the clerk, who was out to lunch, heard a Boston accent and started to go off on Brady . . .

I think too there was a few inside jokes in that how could one from out of state pick up an instate accent in just a decade, and also too he is returning to his home state when one whould recognize his own state's accent . . .

The skit is really no different than the Aaron Rogers State Farm skits, where the store clerk and customers are so out to lunch think that the Discount Double Check is unique to State Farm and does not exist in another form, as in the Aaron Rogers TD dance, and not only do they not recognize him but to not realize that they are doing his dance . . . and all of this happening in a locate Green Bay State Farm office under shadow Lambeau Field at that . .. then you throw in the out to lunch cheese head fan, and then Clay Matthews, the the guy that game him the belt after the Super Bowl and should be the first to correct the staff . . . but its a nice little tounge and check type of humor . . . even tho they are kind fo corny i like the State Farm commercials . . .

And i think too we know the "actor" outside of the skits and we always see Tom Brady as being serious ane business like in presser and in the locker room and so may transpose that image when viewing his acting . . . similar Rogers tends to be more open and free (must be a NE thing) and we see Rogers are being looser . . . so to a degree one's offstage persona effects what we see on the screen . . .

btw, if any of you go over to the pats boards you see they all love Bradys skit :-)

Thanks again, Yehoodi.

BTW, you just reminded me of why I have repeatedly chased you from one platform to the next asking you to please stay with us. It's because you are a very nice person! :thmup:

well the way the skit went it was not an isnult to Matt Damon but an insult to Brady . . . mistaking him for someone famous from Boston, with Matt Damon being the one that is famous . . . so it is not really an insult to Damon as one is confirming that he is famous and perhaps the "only" one that is recognizable from Boston . . .

I took it as they thought he "looked like Matt Damon" .... who is way better looking than Brady! ;)

Thanks again, Yehoodi.

BTW, you just reminded me of why I have repeatedly chased you from one platform to the next asking you to please stay with us. It's because you are a very nice person! :thmup:

Yes, and thanks for keeping me informed about the changes . . . I love coming to this forum and there are many great people here including yourself . . . thanks . . .

Im sorry, i just didnt find that funny at all. It was pretty dry.

Not many sports figures are funny anyway, but i always liked the mastercard commercials. Especially the one with Urlacher and Manning at the spa.. lmao.. good stuff.

Kudos for trying though Brady, but when it comes to funny.. leave it to Peyton. :)