Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Addai Signs With Patriots [Merge]

Andy

Great 3rd down back for NE type offense. But I can't imagine him the featured runner at his age.

They must think Ridlely is the man.

beats me. They should have paid Ellis Green who wanted 11 mil and we offered 9 mil...but he never fumbled once..thats worth 2 mil alone:)

I posted a month or so ago that I thought the Colts should have retained Addai and used him like the Patriots did with Kevin Faulk all those years. He's not durable enough to be an every down back, but with his good hands and good blocking he could be an asset on third downs for years to come. How many times did we see Brady convert 3rd downs by dumping off to Faulk? now it looks like it will be Addai....will hate to see that.

I wish Addai the best of luck. One of the more humble, and unselfish running backs in the league.

Behind that O-line he'll be more productive.

With that said, I can't help but feel the Pats are trolling us. I know they went for Wayne, not sure if they tried getting Garcon, and if not for their monsterous TEs I have no doubt they would've went after Clark. But then again we took Vinny some years back XD

I wish Addai the best of luck. One of the more humble, and unselfish running backs in the league.

Behind that O-line he'll be more productive.

.....I believe he is one of the most underrated and under-appriciated players in the league....not great at any one thing, but good at everything....I know money and durability were issues, but I really thought he would have been a huge help to Luck and the offense....hated to see him go...REALLY hate to see him go to the Patriots....

.....I believe he is one of the most underrated and under-appriciated players in the league....not great at any one thing, but good at everything....I know money and durability were issues, but I really thought he would have been a huge help to Luck and the offense....hated to see him go...REALLY hate to see him go to the Patriots....

I would call him great at picking up the blitz... And that is exactly why NE signed him.

I'm getting a kick out of all the tweets from Colts fans calling him a traitor. He was cut from the team. He didn't choose to leave. He can play wherever he wants.

oh ya know how it is, it is the Patriots after all, imagine if Peyton went to the Dolphins them same folks would say the same thing about him cut or not

Going from Law Firm to Addai is a pretty big downgrade IMO. Addai was good for 2 maybe 3 years. Best of luck though.

.............not trying to be contentious.....you're entitled to your opinion, but it demonstrates my point about Addai being under-appriciated......."LawFirm" career rush ave (4 years) : 4.0..............4 years with Pats total TDs : 29

Addai's career rush ave (6 years) : 4.1.......first 4 years with Colts total TD's : 43

I'm getting a kick out of all the tweets from Colts fans calling him a traitor. He was cut from the team. He didn't choose to leave. He can play wherever he wants.

But we had to get rid of him because he was useless. So now he is capable in someones else's eyes he is the traitor. Even though the previous boss dropped out of a contract they signed.

Best of luck to Addai. The Pats really seem to be envious of our offense, aren't they? They signed Gonzo, they got Addai....next up, they'll sign Clark and try to trade for Peyton.

Or reports will come out that they tried to sign Peyton and Brady will get mad Jay Cutler style and demand a trade. It will cause such a rift within the organization that both Brady and Belichick are let go. Belichick feels alone, so he goes to the one team he has always envied and joins the Colts' coaching staff. Using his intelligence and clever mind, Belichick convinces all the other players in Indy to re-structure their contracts to create enough cap space for Peyton to come back (Elway is in such shock that he calls Peyton and says he has been released when he meant he wanted to debrief him on the team's plans this upcoming season). Meanwhile, Bob Sanders has changed his workout regimen, so he never gets injured and he returns to Indy to lead the defense. Peyton returns to Indy and takes care of the offense while Pagano, Belichick, and Bob take care of the defense and Indy goes 57-0 over the next 3 seasons en route to 3 consecutive Super Bowls and Peyton shattering the record books and winning even more MVPs while Bob wins a few more DPOY awards, and becomes the best defensive player in the history of the game as well as in the top 5 players of all time. Peyton retires with his status cemented as the best player in the history of the league and Luck takes over. Peyton comes back as the offense coordinator, so the coaching staff includes Peyton, Belichick, and Pagano. The three spearhead the team and continue the trend of winning Super Bowls they previously set during Peyton's playing years. Eventually, Peyton takes over the head coaching position and brings in Bob Sanders as the defensive coordinator and Dallas Clark as the offensive coordinator. Bob's defense plays better than the '76 Steelers and '85 Bears and he is credited as one of the game's most brilliant defensive minds. Luck plays very well and enjoys similar, though not identical, success to Peyton, but the Lombardi trophies keep making their way to Indy.....then, I wake up.

Or reports will come out that they tried to sign Peyton and Brady will get mad Jay Cutler style and demand a trade. It will cause such a rift within the organization that both Brady and Belichick are let go. Belichick feels alone, so he goes to the one team he has always envied and joins the Colts' coaching staff. Using his intelligence and clever mind, Belichick convinces all the other players in Indy to re-structure their contracts to create enough cap space for Peyton to come back (Elway is in such shock that he calls Peyton and says he has been released when he meant he wanted to debrief him on the team's plans this upcoming season). Meanwhile, Bob Sanders has changed his workout regimen, so he never gets injured and he returns to Indy to lead the defense. Peyton returns to Indy and takes care of the offense while Pagano, Belichick, and Bob take care of the defense and Indy goes 57-0 over the next 3 seasons en route to 3 consecutive Super Bowls and Peyton shattering the record books and winning even more MVPs while Bob wins a few more DPOY awards, and becomes the best defensive player in the history of the game as well as in the top 5 players of all time. Peyton retires with his status cemented as the best player in the history of the league and Luck takes over. Peyton comes back as the offense coordinator, so the coaching staff includes Peyton, Belichick, and Pagano. The three spearhead the team and continue the trend of winning Super Bowls they previously set during Peyton's playing years. Eventually, Peyton takes over the head coaching position and brings in Bob Sanders as the defensive coordinator and Dallas Clark as the offensive coordinator. Bob's defense plays better than the '76 Steelers and '85 Bears and he is credited as one of the game's most brilliant defensive minds. Luck plays very well and enjoys similar, though not identical, success to Peyton, but the Lombardi trophies keep making their way to Indy.....then, I wake up.

roll another one just like the other one and pass it over to me haha

With that said, I can't help but feel the Pats are trolling us. I know they went for Wayne, not sure if they tried getting Garcon, and if not for their monsterous TEs I have no doubt they would've went after Clark. But then again we took Vinny some years back XD

Could it just be that the Colts had some decent players that were worth going after once they were available? Or is that just crazy talk?

roll another one just like the other one and pass it over to me

I want one too.