Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Interesting mention about Fleener in this article

chad72

Umm, perhaps it's just me but what I took from that article is that Fleener is a mama's boy.

Could be. :)

Written by a woman, focusing on the women behind these athletes. So, it definitely has that mama boy feel to his part of the story. :)

http://espn.go.com/e...women-nfl-draft

Seems pretty laid back, almost a carbon copy approach like Luck, maybe it is the Stanford education :), lol.

I'm always surprised by how big he is. He dwarfed the Commish and Marvin when he hugged them.

Yeah, I can relate to being laid back because I went to Stanford...

Bought a sweatshirt in the bookstore.... Then they asked me to move my car out of the parking lot since I wasn't even a student.

LOL. i love that movie. i went to see it at the Cinema on Nov. 21, 1998.

Please tell us that this was the first date with your now wife, that there was an earthquake the same evening, or that you co-incidentally came across the ticket moments ago while cleaning your basement.

All three kids in the story seem decent and hardworking, but I love how stories like this are crafted for dramatic effect without regard to the details.

IE: "When Coby was a kid and it became clear his family wouldn't have enough money to pay for college, Michelle told him that he'd have to be good enough at something to earn a scholarship. Lo and behold, Coby got into Stanford, became a star tight end catching Andrew Luck's passes and got his degree. Thursday night was supposed to represent the next step in his life. And it was almost surreal, this kid from Joliet Catholic Academy in Illinois......"

Geez, poor kid. Of course they somehow managed to pay for Catholic School. I suspect that he might have managed to get into a public college with financial aide and/or loans. Millions do it. There is so sob-story, no redemption - he is extraordinarily lucky to have the options that he does.

And Richardson has now made repeated references to his two young girls "never hav(ing) to go through what their daddy went through". He sounds like he has a chip on his shoulder about his "suffering". The thing is, "his mother, ... worked two or three jobs to feed her six kids.". If this was such a relevant experience for him, why was his having kids at 17? The ones that I would feel sorry for (if he hadn't been blessed with extraordinary skill) would be his two kids. It sounds to me that an awful lot of "suffering" could have been easily avoided. I'm not entirely clear on why he is supposed to be a sympathetic figure.

first date

Ah, good guess - the proverbial emotional earthquake. Good Deal.

I wish that I could tell you what my wife and I did on our first date, but it crept up on me such that we were probably dating for several months before I even realized it. :P

All three kids in the story seem decent and hardworking, but I love how stories like this are crafted for dramatic effect without regard to the details.

IE: "When Coby was a kid and it became clear his family wouldn't have enough money to pay for college, Michelle told him that he'd have to be good enough at something to earn a scholarship. Lo and behold, Coby got into Stanford, became a star tight end catching Andrew Luck's passes and got his degree. Thursday night was supposed to represent the next step in his life. And it was almost surreal, this kid from Joliet Catholic Academy in Illinois......"

Geez, poor kid. Of course they somehow managed to pay for Catholic School. I suspect that he might have managed to get into a public college with financial aide and/or loans. Millions do it. There is so sob-story, no redemption - he is extraordinarily lucky to have the options that he does.

And Richardson has now made repeated references to his two young girls "never hav(ing) to go through what their daddy went through". He sounds like he has a chip on his shoulder about his "suffering". The thing is, "his mother, ... worked two or three jobs to feed her six kids.". If this was such a relevant experience for him, why was his having kids at 17? The ones that I would feel sorry for (if he hadn't been blessed with extraordinary skill) would be his two kids. It sounds to me that an awful lot of "suffering" could have been easily avoided. I'm not entirely clear on why he is supposed to be a sympathetic figure.

That's exactly what I'm wondering. Janoris Jenkins has been villified by all of us (me included) and the media for having multiple kids and here is WonderBoy Trent Richardson with 2 daughters out of wedlock. You would never catch top members of the marching band behaving this way.

Ah, good guess - the proverbial emotional earthquake. Good Deal.

I wish that I could tell you what my wife and I did on our first date, but it crept up on me such that we were probably dating for several months before I even realized it. :P

I've never laughed more in a movie theater than i did that night. I still enjoy that movie!

Could be. :)

Written by a woman, focusing on the women behind these athletes. So, it definitely has that mama boy feel to his part of the story. :)

i dont care if hes a mamas boy, gay, a virgin, or whatever aslong as he can catch the ball and score touchdowns.

most likely scholarships and the parish endowment funds..... regardless of his back story or personal life, which I don't really feel I need to know about, it's always interesting to learn a little back ground..... the kid can play

I've never laughed more in a movie theater than i did that night. I still enjoy that movie!

What about the girl on the date? Oops, never mind I saw the question MAC asked was first date with your now wife.

My wife told me one time that when we were dating, she thought about breaking up with me after we rented Spaceballs... she didn't think there could be a future with someone who thought that movie was funny.

I can tell I'll have a Fleener jersey eventually. Great kid! I love how humble members of our ballclub are.

I agree. A lot of people thought that with Pagano and Grigson the Colts would get away from draft high character guys. I guess not and I am glad.

What about the girl on the date? Oops, never mind I saw the question MAC asked was first date with your now wife.

My wife told me one time that when we were dating, she thought about breaking up with me after we rented Spaceballs... she didn't think there could be a future with someone who thought that movie was funny.

Uhh oh - major warning signs. :haha: My wife and I both loved Spaceballs (and pretty much anything else that either Mel Brooks or John Candy (and to a lesser extent Rick Moranis) have done in their careers. Just silly fun.

When you wife expresses reservations, just say "May the Shwartz be with you"!

most likely scholarships and the parish endowment funds..... regardless of his back story or personal life, which I don't really feel I need to know about, it's always interesting to learn a little back ground..... the kid can play

Could very well be. I suspect that you could find a story somewhere in the background of virtually every kid that gets drafted. "He was scared to climb on the monkey bars in kindergarten, and NOW look at him".

I hope he can play. I've heard some decidedly mixed responses from the "experts". Can't wait to find out.

Uhh oh - major warning signs. : haha: My wife and I both loved Spaceballs (and pretty much anything else that either Mel Brooks or John Candy (and to a lesser extent Rick Moranis) have done in their careers. Just silly fun.

When you wife expresses reservations, just say "May the Shwartz be with you"!

:D. I've worked on her over the years and she has developed more of my sense of humor. But yes I do have certain quotes that I use when I want to drive her nuts.

From Airplane: Yes it is {whatever the situation} and don't call me Shirley.

I use, may the Shwartz be with you at times when she's taking the kids to school.

That's a Great movie too! what is it with women? haha

Other interesting thing about Fleener- he's the only TE to lead the Pac 12 in yards per reception since 2000, the first year I could find rankings for that stat. He was 4 catches away from qualifying for the career list, but would've been top 10 all time in that category if he had.

It makes good television... That's why I don't watch it.