Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Very Definition of "Class" !

sb41champs

Over the couple of weeks I've noticed several examples of the "class" that our Indianapolis Colts organization exemplifies and wanted to share them with you all because we have a LOT to be proud of in our players and front office personnel !!

* BILL POLIAN - Our former Colts General Manager and President has been the epitome of "class" during his ESPN draft analysis of the Colts. He speaks of the Colts players (past - present - and - future) with respect and professionalism. He speaks of former boss Jim Irsay in a respectful manner despite being fired by Irsay just a few months ago.

* PEYTON MANNING - Our former QB continues to display the "class" for which he is league renown !! He personally called our local sports writers to thank them for hard work during his tenure in Indianapolis !! Additionally - he sent a congratulatory text to Andrew Luck after the Colts selected him with the #1 overall pick in the 2012 NFL draft - even though Luck is the very reason that Manning was released by the Colts !!

* JEFF SATURDAY - Despite signing a 2-year contract to play for the Green Bay Packers - our former Pro Bowl center - was a part of the recent "Susan G Komen Race for the Cure" event in downtown Indianapolis !!

* ANTHONY CASTONZO - Our left tackle continues to embrace our team and local community !! He appears at numerous events to meet the fans and sign autographs !! Additionally - he makes charitable appearances - such as reading to local youth as a part of the "Super Bowl XLVI" events !!

It makes me very proud of our organization - top to bottom - to see the ways that they demonstrate the type of people they are off-the-field as well as on-the-field !! Kudos to Owner Jim Irsay for setting an example for his entire organization !!

Amen! And don't forget McAfee for buying up Pacers tickets to get fans in the stands! That's class too! :)

I also really liked the way Luck has handled himself this past week, and especially like the way he revved up Pacers fans with his line Saturday about his new favorite NBA team. That was COOL.

We also shouldn't forget the CLASS and LOYALTY of Reggie Wayne. Throughout December and January he clearly thought the Colts were done with him, and that he wouldn't be back.

In spite of this, he never had anything but positive things to say about Indy even when it was clear that the Front Office's first choice was to keep and pay Garcon instead of him. Then, when free agency began, Garcon bolted for crazy money in Washington in the first HOUR. Many would have spurned a team that regarded them as a 'second' choice after so many years of service. Instead, Reggie chose to come back here to a 2-14 team and will likely retire a Colt.

We also shouldn't forget the CLASS and LOYALTY of Reggie Wayne. Throughout December and January he clearly thought the Colts were done with him, and that he wouldn't be back.

In spite of this, he never had anything but positive things to say about Indy even when it was clear that the Front Office's first choice was to keep and pay Garcon instead of him. Then, when free agency began, Garcon bolted for crazy money in Washington in the first HOUR. Many would have spurned a team that regarded them as a 'second' choice after so many years of service. Instead, Reggie chose to come back here to a 2-14 team and will likely retire a Colt.

Amen to that! Reggie is the MAN! And he'll be catching TDs in HIS CORNER til he decides to retire--a COLT FOREVER!

Over the couple of weeks I've noticed several examples of the "class" that our Indianapolis Colts organization exemplifies and wanted to share them with you all because we have a LOT to be proud of in our players and front office personnel !!

* BILL POLIAN - Our former Colts General Manager and President has been the epitome of "class" during his ESPN draft analysis of the Colts. He speaks of the Colts players (past - present - and - future) with respect and professionalism. He speaks of former boss Jim Irsay in a respectful manner despite being fired by Irsay just a few months ago.

* PEYTON MANNING - Our former QB continues to display the "class" for which he is league renown !! He personally called our local sports writers to thank them for hard work during his tenure in Indianapolis !! Additionally - he sent a congratulatory text to Andrew Luck after the Colts selected him with the #1 overall pick in the 2012 NFL draft - even though Luck is the very reason that Manning was released by the Colts !!

* JEFF SATURDAY - Despite signing a 2-year contract to play for the Green Bay Packers - our former Pro Bowl center - was a part of the recent "Susan G Komen Race for the Cure" event in downtown Indianapolis !!

* ANTHONY CASTONZO - Our left tackle continues to embrace our team and local community !! He appears at numerous events to meet the fans and sign autographs !! Additionally - he makes charitable appearances - such as reading to local youth as a part of the "Super Bowl XLVI" events !!

It makes me very proud of our organization - top to bottom - to see the ways that they demonstrate the type of people they are off-the-field as well as on-the-field !! Kudos to Owner Jim Irsay for setting an example for his entire organization !!

Cheers!

They do make it easy to LOVE them!

Go COLTS!

The Colts are just like any other team organization, as a matter of a fact bill Polian is worse ad it gets and bob kravits can attest to that.... its been said that when BP was GM and a former player came to visit he wouldnt even acknowledge their existence and send one of the staff to tell the ex player that he has to leave.....

Peyton wanted an early answer on his outcome from irsay but irsay chose to drag it out....

I love the colts but to me the colts are as classy as the next team

Personally I have always felt that the class ends at Irsay. I don't care for how he handled the Peyton situation this off season, and maybe this isn't really the definition of class, but his tweets? C'mon man! You own an NFL franchise, atleast type with punctuation.

To the OP, this is a great thread! And I agree 100%. We have been one of the classiest organizations in the league. I look at teams like the Jets and Lions and I thank everything that is holy that we don't have those kinds of problems; dirty players, obnoxious coaches, etc.

I have some gripes too but lets just keep this a thread about positive stuff. Enough threads about negative things (including many things I have said).

To add to the OP. Just want to say Thank You Colts organization and Indianapolis for a classy Super Bowl!!! Don't know how many times I heard how great the festivities were!

Fans perception of class or classlessness changes like the weather. A few months ago we were a classless organization because we did Peyton wrong and jettisoned all of our beloved players. Today we are classy since most every one is feeling all warm & fuzzy over the drafting of Andrew Luck and the new Colts offense. Three years ago we are classless because we eschew 16-0. Last year we are classy because we gutted out 2 wins with nothing at all at stake. So on and so forth...blah, blah, blah.

I think it's a bit more complicated than that. lol (Read: Future Salary Cap Issues, Option Bonus, Uncertainty of Health vs $ Owed, Etc...)

Absolutely correct. Although he did the right thing, Irsay handled it pretty clumsily.

I think it's a bit more complicated than that. lol (Read: Future Salary Cap Issues, Option Bonus, Uncertainty of Health vs $ Owed, Etc...)

Absolutely correct. Although he did the right thing, Irsay handled it pretty clumsily.

funktacious2: You are right, Luck wasn't the only reason for releasing Manning (IMO he was the least reason).

willysp: I don't know if he was clumsy, or just tried to figure out a way to retain Manning (however he also may know well, it is impossible) until the very last moment.

Harnish hasn't been on the team long, but you will soon see what a classy guy he is. Smart, articulate, and charitable. He spends many hours speaking at charity events, schools and community events. He's a squeekly clean guy who will win the heart of Colt fans everywhere. The gritty MAC quarterback, a Hoosier farm boy from Wells County will do the Colts proud.