Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts at Texans post game

GoColts8818

41 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

By simple logic the other half would be 3+…. Was this difficult to understand?

The point is that he was just as likely to get  minimal to negative yardage as he was big yards. 6 ypc is a misleading stat when compared to that data point.

35 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

I really hope you’re not saying what I think you’re saying. Cuz if so that’s completely disgusting.

Colts fans have welcomed everyone from Peyton Manning to Dwight Freeney to Reggie Wayne. The only common theme is that fans like winners. 

Just like Minshew, Wentz, and Ryan. Play poorly, fans express their displeasure. Ridiculous.

you seem to take issue with everything I write, and I seem to do the same with you. I think we’ll just go our separate ways now. 

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

AR basically sat for a year last year. What u r forgetting bout Love and Mahommes ia that they played a lot in college. I don't think AR learns anything else from sitting other than getting sores on his butt. He needs reps and I have said all  year that this will be ugly at times. 

Perhaps you're right, those reps need to lead to improvement...progress.  I remain hopeful but his play is atrocious, he needs to start translating reps into measurable breakthroughs and we need to keep scouting.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

NFL Research: Anthony Richardson's 31.3 completion percentage was the second-lowest by any player in a single game with 30-plus pass attempts over the last 10 seasons. The only player worse was Josh Allen, also this season and also on the road against the Texans (30.0%). Richardson has the NFL's worst completion percentage in 2024 (44.4) and over the last two seasons (50.2, minimum 150 attempts).

This is really all you need to know while assessing the dismalness of this offense. I don’t think the receivers are the problem…Richardson is just not even close to accurate and that will not cut it in todays NFL…heck not even in yesteryear’s NFL.

Nice stats. Here's mine

• Pressured on 25 of his 39 dropbacks (64.1%)

• Sacked 5 times

• 8 QB Hits

• 9 PBU’s

• 7 Dropped passes

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just watched the game. I didn't think it was so bad. AR definitely threw the ball very well relative to his past performances. The vast majority of his throws were very catchable. That is improvement imo, and was a nice step. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B1977 said:

How many games are Colts gonna blow or almost blow with AR under center??? It's obvious the staff did not have much confidence in him especially today by how many times Taylor took the hand-off.  30% completion is absolutely horrible and embarrassing.  Plz plz plz bench him...Flacco has proved he can do better...last year  w Cinci...pretty much whole time at Baltimore...COME ON STRIECHER!!!!  Even Ehlinger has to be better. Sorry AR...maybe try FB position or something cuz yur not an NFL QB. #BENCH AR

Wut? 

Do you know what the numbers are or are you just posting to post? He threw the ball 32 times compared to 19 in the first meeting against the Texans. JT had 20 rushes. 

Game # 8 and not seeing any improvement from A.R.  A big arm QB is great if he can throw a catchable ball, but today's game was just more of the same, incomplete passes,  Flacco would have won this game.  It's obvious, Ballard is going to sink or swim with A.R.  I hope I am completely wrong on this opinion, and we can turn this around.  

7 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Nice stats. Here's mine

• Pressured on 25 of his 39 dropbacks (64.1%)

• Sacked 5 times

• 8 QB Hits

• 9 PBU’s

• 7 Dropped passes

Maybe they should increase the salaries of our offensive linemen a little more

• Like 1

Inconsistency and an apparent lack of heart and accountability is what is wrong with this team. 

- Shane Steichan happens to currently be who I am mostly upset with and who I believe earns most of the blame, the last couple of offensive performances have been extremely underwhelming to say the least, very, very poor situational awareness. He is obviously trying to make Anthony play a brand of football that he simply cannot play currently, If he ever will be able too, and I believe the reason for this is he has lost faith in Anthony whether that be him, being able to stay healthy and or make the correct decisions. He has to call the plays that win us the game, not the plays that keep Anthony healthy, that is not why he was drafted 4th overall.

Our defense played lights out today, so I feel bad for nit picking them, but one good performance does not erase several years of horrible defensive play, our defense is just as bad as our offense when it comes to situational play calling by Gis Bradley, he always preaches fundamentals, but we continue to watch our fundamentals fail us, both on defense as well as on offense, we are just a bad football team currently, I don't know how to fix these issues, but they need fixing, or else, we will never be anything more than a Sunday punching bag for great football teams.

For me it starts with heart, and a willingness to work on / excel in the little things, technique, details that make great teams great. We look like we would rather be watching the game from the comfort from our own homes than be dualing it out on the football field. 

Part of me believes this is the type of team you get when you draft athletic freaks instead of football players, football players have grit, football players refuse to give up, football players play good football and obsess over minor details. Athletes just run around, and at the end of the day, we are a roster full of Athletes... 

I want, Football players, not just fast Athletes that can jump high, because at the end of the day, that just doesn't win in this league, and for that I ultimately blame Ballard.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1959Colts said:

Maybe they should increase the salaries of our offensive linemen a little more

Maybe we should not drop back and have long developing plays. It fed right into Houston’s defense 

5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I swear the trolls here are just stat readers and not game watchers

I am usually not one to troll AR. I have faith. But him and Steichen are regressing. Steichen doesn’t look like he knows what he is doing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheBlueAndWhite said:

...Part of me believes this is the type of team you get when you draft athletic freaks instead of football players, football players have grit, football players refuse to give up, football players play good football and obsess over minor details. Athletes just run around, and at the end of the day, we are a roster full of Athletes... 

exactly. I was just saying to my father... The Colts look at all these athletic scales when drafting and signing players, yet they fail to look at some of the basics... like can the guy make an open field tackle? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

exactly. I was just saying to my father... The Colts look at all these athletic scales when drafting and signing players, yet they fail to look at some of the basics... like can the guy make an open field tackle? 

Ballard’s MO has always been to draft athletes and try to develop them into football players. Hyperbole of course, but in essence this is what he does. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

Right, but if they did want to pull the plug for Sunday night... an injury might be convenient. 

I see where your going with this.

If AR puts up another 30% completion percentage on national TV the entire country will be watching and Colts could become the laughing stock of the league.

So far we have known AR has been bad but it's only been locally broadcast so many out of the Colts viewing area have never seen it and don't know how bad it's been. 

And it has been really bad. 

Without the Downs busted coverage TD, AR would have only thrown for 95 yards the whole game.

Let's hope the young man improves quickly

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Maybe we should not drop back and have long developing plays. It fed right into Houston’s defense 

I am usually not one to troll AR. I have faith. But him and Steichen are regressing. Steichen doesn’t look like he knows what he is doing.

I am not blaming the line, or AR or Steichen for all the failings today. It was a total team effort. But if fans think this o line is elite, I am afraid they are mistaken. Should the team make the switch to Flacco. The play of the oline will be the key as to whether he can succeed. Steichen was obviously a bonehead. Terrible gameplan and decision making today...and he has not been great at coaching all along. Like when they called the Downs TD back and placed the ball on the 1 yard line. Steichen lines up in the shotgun, hands the ball to JT who gets stuffed. Granted they got it on the next play, but he seems to never learn. Some of the simplest things he continues to do wrong.

2 minutes ago, ADnum1 said:

I see where your going with this.

If AR puts up another 30% completion percentage on national TV the entire country will be watching and Colts could become the laughing stock of the league.

So far we have known AR has been bad but it's only been locally broadcast so many out of the Colts viewing area have never seen it and don't know how bad it's been. 

And it has been really bad. 

Without the Downs busted coverage TD, AR would have only thrown for 95 yards the whole game.

Let's hope the young man improves quickly

His pulling himself out of the game is not going over well on social media either. Im sure the NFL tv media will pick up on that this week

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

When I hear AR is regressing, I have to ask, compared to when. I read a lot of complaining about the dropped passes in this game. Well, a few games ago, there wouldn't have been so many because they wouldn't have had a chance to catch them. Most of his throws tonight were at least very catchable. And yes that is an improvement. That's all we can hope for right now imo. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

Three knees, or three runs they’re essentially getting you the same result.

I've seen 3 runs produce a first downs but can't remember too many "knees " doing the same. Colts did run the ball on first down and gained 7 yards ..........

24 minutes ago, dw49 said:

I've seen 3 runs produce a first downs but can't remember too many "knees " doing the same. Colts did run the ball on first down and gained 7 yards ..........

You do realized that after that run the Texans didn’t burn a timeout? Meaning they had zero intentions on trying to get the ball back, they were very content with taking it to the half. Knees could’ve gotten the same result.

I’m still firmly in Shane’s corner but I can’t keep giving him passes for his poor situational coaching moments that cost us games & ultimately playoff spots. Frank was notorious for those moments. Shane you cannot not call short hooks one play after AR almost threw a pick 6 on a similar route.

Just like you can’t call a playaction pass from your own end zone with Myles Garrett coming off the edge & Minshew as your QB. What in the heck are you thinking Shane??? You got one more strike with me like these two & I’m gonna have to start questioning whether you’re really the coach to get us over the top. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TheBlueAndWhite said:

Inconsistency and an apparent lack of heart and accountability is what is wrong with this team. 

- Shane Steichan happens to currently be who I am mostly upset with and who I believe earns most of the blame, the last couple of offensive performances have been extremely underwhelming to say the least, very, very poor situational awareness. He is obviously trying to make Anthony play a brand of football that he simply cannot play currently, If he ever will be able too, and I believe the reason for this is he has lost faith in Anthony whether that be him, being able to stay healthy and or make the correct decisions. He has to call the plays that win us the game, not the plays that keep Anthony healthy, that is not why he was drafted 4th overall.

Our defense played lights out today, so I feel bad for nit picking them, but one good performance does not erase several years of horrible defensive play, our defense is just as bad as our offense when it comes to situational play calling by Gis Bradley, he always preaches fundamentals, but we continue to watch our fundamentals fail us, both on defense as well as on offense, we are just a bad football team currently, I don't know how to fix these issues, but they need fixing, or else, we will never be anything more than a Sunday punching bag for great football teams.

For me it starts with heart, and a willingness to work on / excel in the little things, technique, details that make great teams great. We look like we would rather be watching the game from the comfort from our own homes than be dualing it out on the football field. 

Part of me believes this is the type of team you get when you draft athletic freaks instead of football players, football players have grit, football players refuse to give up, football players play good football and obsess over minor details. Athletes just run around, and at the end of the day, we are a roster full of Athletes... 

I want, Football players, not just fast Athletes that can jump high, because at the end of the day, that just doesn't win in this league, and for that I ultimately blame Ballard.

Amen.

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

And what if that's the play design and he's supposed to go deep?

You only go deep IF it’s there, you never force a throw. Every pass play design there usually is an outlet or check-down available. ARs problem is he’s willing to always take the deep shots. He doesn’t have much game sense and it’s apparent with his lack of reps and starts. Good case and example towards the end of the game on that scramble had he stepped out of bounds he would’ve saved so much more time instead he tried to be Superman and got tackled in bounds and the clock kept running. An experienced QB 9 times out of 10 would’ve gone out of bounds. He made some good plays, but the bad outweighed the good tremendously.

Just now, ProblChld32 said:

You only go deep IF it’s there, you never force a throw. Every pass play design there usually is an outlet or check-down available. ARs problem is he’s willing to always take the deep shots. He doesn’t have much game sense and it’s apparent with his lack of reps and starts. Good case and example towards the end of the game on that scramble had he stepped out of bounds he would’ve saved so much more time instead he tried to be Superman and got tackled in bounds and the clock kept running. An experienced QB 9 times out of 10 would’ve gone out of bounds. He made some good plays, but the bad outweighed the good tremendously.

Steichen is calling the plays 

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I said last year, and we discussed it, Steichen need to get AR up under center more. It would not only help the running game, but open up play action passes

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Catloaf said:

Is anyone still under the illusion Richardson will end up being a good enough QB to win a SB?  He has like the worst accuracy of any quarterback I have ever seen.  That doesn't just mysteriously get better.  I'm not saying he is JaMarcus Russel, but he's not going to win us a SB.

Also realize Ballard didn't have much of a choice after Stroud went off the board, but... ugh.

Pass defense is... weirdly ok now?  I feel like the entire team just did a reverse-uno the last couple weeks.

I would take him being as good as Jamarcus Russell right now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Yes there were some bad drops but please look at the film closely. AR isn’t even going through progressions he is literally staring receivers down. Go to the 13 second mark you will see JT in the flats with a convoy of 3 lineman in front of him, he could have gone for a first down IF not more had he hit him in the flats. Instead he took the deep shot to a COVERED MPJ. I understand Pittman is a big body guy but you cannot expect him to win every jump ball. Defenders get paid to.

3 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

Yes there were some bad drops but please look at the film closely. AR isn’t even going through progressions he is literally staring receivers down. Go to the 13 second mark you will see JT in the flats with a convoy of 3 lineman in front of him, he could have gone for a first down IF not more had he hit him in the flats. Instead he took the deep shot to a COVERED MPJ. I understand Pittman is a big body guy but you cannot expect him to win every jump ball. Defenders get paid to.

Oh no! Our rookie QB isn’t a veteran!

Give me a break…

I don’t really care if it’s on the receivers or AR. What those clips show me is the balls are on target and the little things that are missing will work itself in time.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Oh no! Our rookie QB isn’t a veteran!

Give me a break…

I don’t really care if it’s on the receivers or AR. What those clips show me is the balls are on target and the little things that are missing will work itself in time.

It has absolutely nothing to do with being a Vet, this is literally all his ability to process and read the field something he has shown he cannot do right now. It’s a very CONSISTENT trend with him. You’re talking about 6 passes that weren’t caught let’s say they were he would still be 16 for 32. 

4 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

It has absolutely nothing to do with being a Vet, this is literally all his ability to process and read the field something he has shown he cannot do right now. It’s a very CONSISTENT trend with him. You’re talking about 6 passes that weren’t caught let’s say they were he would still be 16 for 32. 

3 of them were TD passes…

31 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

What is your point? I know he’s calling the plays , is the fact that he’s calling the plays affecting the fact that AR can’t execute them? Steichen called the plays when Flacco was at the helm and he did just fine. I will agree overall the play calling has been very spotty, hell the coaching as a whole has been very spotty. But at the end of the day we can’t use other factors as a scapegoat for poor QB play.

8 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

3 of them were TD passes…

No they weren’t , they were incomplete passes, that had the potential to be TD passes. Those types of plays ARE going to happen. Defensive players get paid to make plays as well. All but one of those passes (the pass to Goodson) were contested defensively which led to them not being complete it wasn’t entirely on the receiver so we can’t call them blatant concentration drops.