Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Dolphins post game thread

GoColts8818

26 minutes ago, Solon said:

Anthony took a lot off the ball today. He threw with touch. You could tell the receivers were caught off guard with the speed of the ball.

I noticed that too. He seemed to deliberately take some heat off the ball on quite a few throws. There were some underthrows this time... Hope he manages to figure it all out.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Props to Jaylon Jones didn't make any mistakes and made a smart play pulling the Dolphins WR inbounds killing the clock.

I'm really warming to Jones. One thing I like is the clear improvements he is making each week. And he looks confident out there for a second year 7th round pick. If he keeps following this trajectory, he'll be a good starter in this league.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

lol. Who is getting worked up. It’s just an observation. We win and competition losses. That is important

Yeah, but then a bad stretch happens and people are all "Oh my God we're out of the race! Start Flacco! Just tank already!", and then a good stretch happens and it turns out it was not worth getting worked up over....

It was a very ugly good win. This game was well  played by defence. Dolphins had 2 inept qbs and the defence held in their. Do I have faith in them going forward? Absolutley not. Give them their day, but I have seen this movie one too many times. This game showed me one huge thing. AR is a freak, but he needs to stay healthy to get game reps. His early struggle were because he has not played in 2 games. I am still in on him as long as he can remain healthy. Oline played well and a lot of rbs would do well behind this line with AR as our qb. Just saying. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

I noticed this too.  Almost took too much off sometimes!!

Yep but that needle thread to Pittman was great

4 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

Did Womack play today?  I don't see his name on the stat sheet from nfl.com.

Yep. They didn’t challenge him much and he was like glue on his man

40 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Exactly.   The offense didn’t do their job in the first half, as far as ToP.  But you have to give Gus some credit.  

Now if we can only play 2nd and 3rd team QBs the rest of the season…

AR was horrible because he is not playing. Let's see him play for a long stretch and then we can evaluate him and the offence.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, stitches said:

I noticed that too. He seemed to deliberately take some heat off the ball on quite a few throws. There were some underthrows this time... Hope he manages to figure it all out.

Apparently AR and Flacco have been working together a lot while AR was recovering the last few weeks.  Flacco talked bout it

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

I'm really warming to Jones. One thing I like is the clear improvements he is making each week. And he looks confident out there for a second year 7th round pick. If he keeps following this trajectory, he'll be a good starter in this league.

I think Jones is already better than JuJu.

19 minutes ago, stitches said:

If he can give me some more of the throws he made in the 2nd half moving forward I think that's something to build on. I just need to see show a consistent ability to put multi play drives together. This stuff that looks like the Chicago, Green Bay, and most of what we saw in today's game in the first half I can only continue to watch so much more of that. And then I'm crossing my fingers on these designed runs all the time. On one of them he didn't look like he was going to get off the ground. Luckily he did though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

Did Womack play today?  I don't see his name on the stat sheet from nfl.com.

I think Womack was the player of the game. Their big three, Hill, Waddle, and OBJ, had a grand total of 6 targets. The only way that happens is if they're covered so well they're not even gonna throw to them. I don't have the proof, but I'll bet Womack had a lot to do with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1