Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Steelers post game

GoColts8818

Have to add two more points:

Ballard:  he deserves his credit.  The depth showed up.  Bortolini, Womack, Lammons, Flacco, and probably some others.  But this game showed why depth is important and Ballard is apart of putting that on the field.  We give him a lot criticism, but we also have to be there to give props as well.

Shane:  I respect the call to not put AR back in.  Send a message.  He has to protect himself.  Watching that play over, he could’ve slid.  He had the first.  I respect the call to teach him a lesson.  

• Like 4

COLTS vs. STEELERS PFF GRADES:

Quarterback.

Flacco - 55.8, Richardson - 46.7

Offensive Line.

Fries - 76.4, Raimann- 69.5, Nelson - 66.1, Bortolini - 55.8, Smith - 46.5.

Wide Receiver/TE

Downs - 90.5, Pittman- 88.2, Ogletree - 69.1, Mitchell - 68.6, Dulin - 63.7, Cox - 58.6, Pierce - 52.4, Mallory - 50.8

Running Back.

Sermon- -51.1, Taylor - 46.8

Defensive Line.

Stewart - 84.4, Latu - 73.6, Lewis - 63.8, Odeyingbo - 61.6, Adebawore - 55.2, Davis - 53.3, Land - 49.7, Bryan - 49.3, Gotsis - 47.5

Secondary.

Womack- 77.2, Cross - 67.8, Blackmon - 66.4, Lammons - 64.5. Thomas - 55.7, Flowers - 53.8.

Linebackers.

Carlies - 82.3, Franklin - 60.8, Speed - 52.4

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

No it’s facts. He had the lowest completion percentage in the league at 48% before the game started. He also leads the league in interceptions thrown by a QB with 6.

Flacco was accurate and didn’t turn the ball over. I get the “Anthony is still a developing rookie” ordeal but to deny the fact that he hasn’t played good is just silly. I’m not calling him a bust, but to me Flacco should start. Why would you not keep starting the better player? It’s also better for Richardson long term if Flacco starts. 

Ballard is fooling people with this notion that the only way to play is to get better. Tell that to Jordan Love.

AR has played less football than your average HS player.

He needs reps.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Quarterback.

Offensive Line.

Wide Receiver/TE

Downs - 90.5, Pittman- 88.2, Ogletree - 69.1, Mitchell - 68.6, Dulin - 63.7, Cox - 58.6, Pierce - 52.4, Mallory - 50.8

Running Back.

Defensive Line.

Stewart - 84.4, Latu - 73.6, Lewis - 63.8, Odeyingbo - 61.6, Adebawore - 55.2, Davis - 53.3, Land - 49.7, Bryan - 49.3, Gotsis - 47.5

Secondary.

Womack- 77.2, Cross - 67.8, Blackmon - 66.4, Lammons - 64.5. Thomas - 55.7, Flowers - 53.8.

Linebackers.

No way Richardson could be that low after those two drives.

42 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Quarterback.

Offensive Line.

Wide Receiver/TE

Running Back.

Defensive Line.

Secondary.

Linebackers.

Its crazy seeing Smith with that low of a score when he contained Watt when he lined up on Smith's side.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Quarterback.

Offensive Line.

Wide Receiver/TE

Running Back.

Defensive Line.

Secondary.

Linebackers.

It's a small sample size obviously, but so far, the new and depth CBs are grading well. Colts 2024 season CB grades: Moore 76.5, Womack 72.4, Lammons 66.5, Flowers 65.9, Jones 57.8, Brents 54.7.  

5 hours ago, Jason_ said:

Moss wasn't just looking for money...he was looking for a place he could start.  that wasn't going to happen here without injury to JT.  This isn't madden.

Thank you for your expert medical opinion Dr. King Colt

It's not a medical decision rather a business decision. Pro sports is a business not a game.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, smittywerb said:

Have to add two more points:

Ballard:  he deserves his credit.  The depth showed up.  Bortolini, Womack, Lammons, Flacco, and probably some others.  But this game showed why depth is important and Ballard is apart of putting that on the field.  We give him a lot criticism, but we also have to be there to give props as well.

Shane:  I respect the call to not put AR back in.  Send a message.  He has to protect himself.  Watching that play over, he could’ve slid.  He had the first.  I respect the call to teach him a lesson.  

Shane needs to treat AR like a man not a boy.  This is the pros.  Not high school.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Quarterback.

Offensive Line.

Wide Receiver/TE

Running Back.

Defensive Line.

Secondary.

Linebackers.

This defense is going to be really good when we get healthy and a few more games under our belts.  They could really be something special down the stretch.

Not sure if this has already been discussed but his form looked a LOT sharper yesterday which led to accurate passes. 

Seriously appreciate AR’s ability to identify his weaknesses, learn from them, and apply them quickly after some specific coaching in that area prior to the game. This guys has a strong desire to win and urgency to get better. The key is body holding up to let him reach his full potential. The moment he shows that he’s about to get over a bump a injury crops up 😕

27 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Makes no sense.

Only thing I can think of is Smith got lots of help from the tight ends yesterday.  Maybe they got the positive grades for the job done on Watt.  Not suggesting Smith played bad at all, I thought he played as well as you can play but what do I know?

3 hours ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Quarterback.

Offensive Line.

Wide Receiver/TE

Running Back.

Defensive Line.

Secondary.

Linebackers.

AD getting a 68 and not having a catch is kind of crazy lol

2 hours ago, BeanDiasucci said:

Maybe it's because he played so few plays and had a fumble. That probably brought his score down and he didn't have enough good plays to offset it because he wasn't out there for long. 

Richardson's grade was dragged down by the fumble where he received a grade of 17.5 weighted in to his overall grade. His run grade also graded out to 46.5

34 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Only thing I can think of is Smith got lots of help from the tight ends yesterday.  Maybe they got the positive grades for the job done on Watt.  Not suggesting Smith played bad at all, I thought he played as well as you can play but what do I know?

PFF dinged Smith for pass blocking against the Steelers. He graded  out at 41.3 ; impacting his overall grade. Smith only allowed 1 hurry and 1 pressure all game. I thought he played well. He received a lot of TE blocking help in this game.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2024 at 7:37 PM, GoColts8818 said:

He didn’t play in the Ravens game last year at all.  That was after he had the concussion vs the Texans.  Still the overall point is health is the major concern with Richardson.

You're absolutely right. It was the Titans game he went out for the season and the week before the Ravens he got concussed. 

18 hours ago, adubb84 said:

Not sure if this has already been discussed but his form looked a LOT sharper yesterday which led to accurate passes. 

Seriously appreciate AR’s ability to identify his weaknesses, learn from them, and apply them quickly after some specific coaching in that area prior to the game. This guys has a strong desire to win and urgency to get better. The key is body holding up to let him reach his full potential. The moment he shows that he’s about to get over a bump a injury crops up 😕

Olne deserves a lot of credit for AR being able to set his feet for the throws.  They are really playing well in the two games I have seen.

• Like 3

Looking on social media seeing every Steelers fan complain about the refs causing them the game is hilarious!! Such terrible cry babies they are! Acting like we didn’t get screwed over by not getting calls either

3 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That roughing the passer on Mitchell was clearly a late hit.

I've always felt the Steelers have been one of the dirtiest teams of the last 20 years, going back to when Hines Ward would launch himself into defenders heads.