Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Packers post game thread

GoColts8818

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This sounds like Reich who let his friendships get in the way of what was right. Hold them accountable.

Praise in Public

punish in private.

just because you don’t see it, doesn’t mean Shane’s not holding anyone accountable . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Minshew might beat the ravens  again in Baltimore.

He never should have kept his job.

I agree but that’s not on Shane per se. It’s becoming clear to all that Gus is a problem . Shane is playing the long game and letting Gus trip himself up.

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I could support benching AR and starting Flacco.  AR is not ready.  It’s a win now league.  Richardson just is not ready to win.  He needs to develop.  Playing him could easily cost us the playoffs.  Flacco could get us in and maybe AR can work on his accuracy during practice and not lose us games.

Yes, yes, yes!

the line is good, the receivers are good, the rb looked like the old Taylor today. Flacco will make the correct reads and be accurate and compliment a strong running game. They are a playoff team with Flacco, the colts aren’t a rebuilding team, it’s about winning now not 2-3 years from now.

• Like 1

Just now, ImissPeyton18 said:

That really something to hang your hat on. 

Not hanging my hat on anything. Just saying there’s a lot of 0-2 teams in the AFC is all

Just now, Happy2BeHere said:

Aren’t we all tired of cheering for other teams to lose ? I know I am seriously…

See above^

5 minutes ago, SR711 said:

Bad loss…no way to sugar coat it.  We all knew what the Packers were going to do and they still did it. 

If we’re being honest, some of the expectations/predictions that were being thrown out there like winning the division, 10+ games were unrealistic. We are essentially starting what amounts to a rookie quarterback who is very raw and inexperienced. Keep in mind that even Peyton Manning, who was as pro ready as anybody coming out of college, threw 28 interceptions and went 3-13 as a rookie. 

If the first two games have shed light on anything, it’s that our defense is nowhere near good enough to carry a team into playoff contention.  After eight years, that’s completely on Chris Ballard. He has his guys in here and has doubled down on a lot of them with extensions, not making supplementary moves.

Best thing out of this year is watching Richardson’s development and seeing if he can be more consistent as a passer especially with mid-level throws because that’s ultimately what’s going to win in the NFL.

The shame of this is that we’re wasting some good years by Johnathan Taylor the last few seasons who I think is as good of Home run hitter/chunk play generator at RB as there is in the league.

Yeah, I hoped in my heart of hearts we could eek into the playoffs, but right now I'm just here for AR.

What's really concerning is how bad the defense looks. I didn't expect anything good from the secondary, but the Dline can't even defend the run at this point.

• Like 2

The Average NFL GM tenure is 3 years. Ballard is in year 8 with nothing that really matters to show for it.

He has all but said he is not changing anything about the way he builds the Colts; So ……. Just more of the same incoming.

The only other people I have seen hang on to their job with that type of record is a politician.

• Like 2

The aftermath of this game is going to be very important for the Colts going forward. AR played his first bad game in his young professional career. He was a very direct contributor to losing this game, but obviously he wasn't alone in this effort (Defense, drops, Gay being a bad kicker, etc). Now, if you're a sensible person that actually wants to give AR a fighting chance to become the franchise QB, you should have known these games were coming early. A very raw and very young QB, no matter how talented he is, is going to have stinkers, especially when the roster is bad as well. There's ample examples of that in NFL history, including a certain #18.

The reason why the aftermath matters a lot for this game is all based on how AR reacts to adversity. Does he let doubt stop him from improving and putting his best foot forward in the next game after a stinker, or not? If AR has a weak mental game then games like these can lead him down wrong roads that distract him from improving. If he has a strong mental game then he can only learn from this.

I'll say this: If AR doesn't improve on how he overthrows people over the middle, then he isn't going to be able to be a consistent starting QB in the NFL. Beyond being inaccurate, those throws are easy to pick off and that's probably the worst thing a QB can do when it comes to losing a game for his team. We know that AR has the tools to win any game for his team, but he must learn how to be that game manager as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I agree but that’s not on Shane per se. It’s becoming clear to all that Gus is a problem . Shane is playing the long game and letting Gus trip himself up.

What is a problem for Shane is the defense, as bad as they played, gave up 16 points and you still lost because your offense only scored 10 and you turned the ball over three times and missed a field goal.  I think if I told people Monday the Packers would only score 16 points people would have expected a double digit win for the Colts.  The defense did not play well enough in either game but make no mistake the offense isn’t doing their job either.

1 minute ago, colts89 said:

The aftermath of this game is going to be very important for the Colts going forward. AR played his first bad game in his young professional career. He was a very direct contributor to losing this game, but obviously he wasn't alone in this effort (Defense, drops, Gay being a bad kicker, etc). Now, if you're a sensible person that actually wants to give AR a fighting chance to become the franchise QB, you should have known these games were coming early. A very raw and very young QB, no matter how talented he is, is going to have stinkers, especially when the roster is bad as well. There's ample examples of that in NFL history, including a certain #18.

The reason why the aftermath matters a lot for this game is all based on how AR reacts to adversity. Does he let doubt stop him from improving and putting his best foot forward in the next game after a stinker, or not? If AR has a weak mental game then games like these can lead him down wrong roads that distract him from improving. If he has a strong mental game then he can only learn from this.

I'll say this: If AR doesn't improve on how he overthrows people over the middle, then he isn't going to be able to be a consistent starting QB in the NFL. Beyond being inaccurate, those throws are easy to pick off and that's probably the worst thing a QB can do when it comes to losing a game for his team. We know that AR has the tools to win any game for his team, but he must learn how to be that game manager as well.

If you can’t see how bad Steichen play calling was go back and watch.

11 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Not hanging my hat on anything. Just saying there’s a lot of 0-2 teams in the AFC is all

See above^

Would be nice if the Colts could start achieving, wining and getting into the playoffs on their own merits and not because "other teams lost more"...

This isn't our year - I know that, but man I'm getting tired of hearing "they lost too"...

If you can’t see how bad Steichen play calling was go back and watch.

It was bad for sure. But AR played bad on top of that. And that's fine and expected to happen to a rookie QB on a bad roster and a badly called game.