Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Brents to IR

John Waylon

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Fans have been right about Ballard 80% of the time. It’s very easy to predict what will happen.

Here's the thing with fans......they usually think they're right regardless and work a lot on retrospective thought. Predicting that at some point an NFL team will suffer injury issues doesn't exactly take the deduction skills of Sherlock Holmes......and if enough negative comments are thrown at some point something will stick! 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DoubleE Colt said:

Here's the thing with fans......they usually think they're right regardless and work a lot on retrospective thought. Predicting that at some point an NFL team will suffer injury issues doesn't exactly take the deduction skills of Sherlock Holmes......and if enough negative comments are thrown at some point something will stick! 

You can go back to offseason and see complaints. Almost every single time when that season ends Ballard is apologizing for screwing up what fans were mad at. Fans are not dumb

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

And this is why you have a VET so if something happen you have a guy that can step in. We all was scratching our head why cut baker and keep 10 linemen and now we gonna have to start a guy who hasn’t been with us all offseason most likely or flowers who is not fully healthy 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jbaron04 said:

And this is why you have a VET so if something happen you have a guy that can step in. We all was scratching our head why cut baker and keep 10 linemen and now we gonna have to start a guy who hasn’t been with us all offseason most likely or flowers who is not fully healthy 

Meanwhile  Bryan is so bad and that spot could have been for a vet CB. We don’t need 20 trench players.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

So this is going well…

One doesn't know whether to laugh or cry if you know what I mean? Once again, Ballard went into the season banking on youth taking the next step and a corner who was injured a lot last year. If the Colts do not make the play offs and it is mostly attributed to corner play, then yes Ballard needs to go. To many of the "throw the dart at the board and hoping it sticks moves in his tenure".

• Like 2

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!! WHYYYY CAN'T WE HAVE NICE THINGS!?!?!

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I agree with this. We don’t need a QB or LT so go do it.

He is a titan lol.

Let’s hope flowers is ready.

We're not "making a run" this season. This season is about giving AR reps.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He is going to have to make a trade. Our defense is toast. This is so sad and now fans were proven right.

What are you talking about here Chloe? They will start Flowers and probably call up that Veteran corner from the Giants we signed on the PS. No big deal really. Then you got Jaylen Simpson behind that.  You turning crumbs into bricks to me. Flowers was better than Brent's at least PFF wise pre injury. Next man up

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You can go back to offseason and see complaints. Almost every single time when that season ends Ballard is apologizing for screwing up what fans were mad at. Fans are not dumb

So presumably no one would be moaning if we had traded for Sneed and he ended up on IR after one game

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Players and people thing fans our dumb maybe because some can physically play the game. But fans see the obvious, especially the colts fans we our very sharp. Every year we go into the season with a major major issue and media ask about it and Ballard doesn’t nothing to address then it’s excuses at the end of the year. We need a safety and corner and what guys signed for we could have had them but let’s sit on 30m and do nothing 

• Like 1

Just now, krunk said:

What are you talking about here Chloe? They will start Flowers and probably call up that Veteran corner from the Giants we signed on the PS. No big deal really. Then you got Jaylen Simpson behind that.  You turning crumbs into bricks to me.

Why was flowers inactive? They didn’t like what they saw. All our corners on the roster are nickle guys. 

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If Ballard is that dumb and just throws the season away he is dumb and will be gone after the season. He is dumber then I thought if this is his attitude.

Hey, I thought it was a bad idea not bringing a solid veteran and I've said so plenty of times. But, the guy who's tweet you posted was talking about using 2025 draft picks in a trade for a CB. That doesn't make sense because we're not a contender.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Why was flowers inactive? They didn’t like what they saw. All our corners on the roster are nickle guys. 

Who knows we will find out.  It's not going to crumble though.

Just now, Solid84 said:

Hey, I thought it was a bad idea not bringing a solid veteran and I've said so plenty of times. But, the guy who's tweet you posted was talking about using 2025 draft picks in a trade for a CB. That doesn't make sense because we're not a contender.

We can still be a playoff contender. Maybe not Super Bowl but playoff should still be what they look to achieve. 

Just now, krunk said:

Who knows we will find out.  It's not going to crumble though.

Yeah it probably will. There will be more injuries.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We can still be a playoff contender. Maybe not Super Bowl but playoff should still be what they look to achieve. 

They should look to get AR comfortable in the NFL and with his guys on the offense. Anything beyond that is gravy. This is not the Colts year.

1 minute ago, Old Man and the COLTS said:

Read it had to do with his inability to help on special team play I would assume he is not 100% ready for that roll, so maybe Womack gets a crack CB 

That’s silly. He is a core ST guy. Isn’t ready to roll o can see but that means he probably won’t be ready.

Just now, Happy2BeHere said:

It’s Stephon Gilmore and he is on the Vikings 

No it’s Steven 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

At least he actually would have tried to fix it. You have to be pro active on this league. Not reactive 

The point is, the complaints about the secondary not being good enough are a different issue than Brents picking up an injury.......you're saying Ballard hasn't been proactive yet you've no idea if his plans of letting Brents improve with more experience this season would have worked out.....it could have before all you know so Ballard and whether he's proactive or reactive is irrelevant in this case. 

They've just got to play, Ballard said.

But you need to add some proven competition and depth, we said. There isn't enough talent or depth, and they've had injury problems.

Shut up, the others said. 

Boom. 

You needed to add some proven competition and depth, we said.

Shut up, the others said. 

• Like 1

Just making sure that fans understand Ballard is responsible for the ENTIRE ROSTER WHICH INCLUDES DEPTH.......Absolutely agree with Ballard being wreckless in this situation along with his ridiculous "Loaded TE room" crap. It's one thing to believe your right and want your draft picks to play. It's a totally different story when you dont take into consideration that you could be wrong and don't prepare for the chance you are wrong. He's owes it to the fans, owner and other 52 players on the team.....BTW, not getting a veteran swing tackle is going to haunt us too, just like last year...It's coming and I'm tired of hearing "my bad" at the end of the year with no accountibility. Can't even blame Ballard any more if this is how Irsay runs his business...People need to understand that this window of JT, Buckner, Grove, Z, Smith, ect will start closing soon. Pretty sure they dont want to hear about "next year".

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DoubleE Colt said:

The point is, the complaints about the secondary not being good enough are a different issue than Brents picking up an injury.......you're saying Ballard hasn't been proactive yet you've no idea if his plans of letting Brents improve with more experience this season would have worked out.....it could have before all you know so Ballard and whether he's proactive or reactive is irrelevant in this case. 

Brent’s has been consistently injured. Yet he went out and got no insurance in case it happened again. This secondary was awful last season and he did nothing. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, krunk said:

What are you talking about here Chloe? They will start Flowers and probably call up that Veteran corner from the Giants we signed on the PS. No big deal really. Then you got Jaylen Simpson behind that.  You turning crumbs into bricks to me. Flowers was better than Brent's at least PFF wise pre injury. Next man up

You can't make sense to the insane.

• Like 1

Let’s pray we have another rodgers pr something in that kid we got from SF. I don’t think he had any speed though. Sure would be nice to still have Rodgers.

Just now, cdgacoltsfan said:

You can't make sense to the insane.

You sent me a dm and said you would stop this. Maybe you should rethink before you post. You can just skip it if you don’t like it.