Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Update: Tracking Colts releases at cutdown

CR91

1 hour ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Sam Darnold could replace a handful of 2s across the league, but not Sam Ehlinger :) that's a very high praise for him, but I respect your opinion. 

Sam Darnold is a 1.  Ouch

5 minutes ago, Superman said:

He probably doesn't clear waivers, TBH. I think he's good, and someone will claim him. 

Same here. I will see what they do but I can't really get with letting him go just to keep Goodson and Sermon. If Hull clears waivers I will be surprised. I'm sure he will go to the PS if so.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Superman said:

He probably doesn't clear waivers, TBH. I think he's good, and someone will claim him. 

Let's remember that after the first week of the season the whole landscape shuffles with injuries and players will get shipped around

1 minute ago, Superman said:

Released (5)

DE Genard Avery

CB Chris Lammons

WR D.J. Montgomery

TE Eric Tomlinson

WR Laquon Treadwell

Waived (20)

CB Micah Abraham

LB Austin Ajiake

LB Liam Anderson

QB Jason Bean

DE Levi Bell

S Marcel Dabo

RB Demetric Felton

G Arlington Hambright

RB Evan Hull

DT Eric Johnson II

DT Jonah Laulu

DE Titus Leo

TE Jordan Murray

C Mike Panasiuk

RB Zavier Scott

CB Jaylin Simpson

CB Ameer Speed

S Michael Tutsie

T Jake Witt

LB Craig Young

Placed on Injured Reserve (4)

DE Samson Ebukam (designated for return)

LB Cameron McGrone (designated for return)

WR Juwann Winfree

TE Jelani Woods

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For the record, I don't like that we waived Bean. Not that I think he's going to be a star, and I understand that Ehlinger brings some experience to the table. I just think he did everything he could have to make the roster, and it sucks that he didn't. Hopefully he clears waivers and comes back, but I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 9

Just now, Superman said:

For the record, I don't like that we waived Bean. Not that I think he's going to be a star, and I understand that Ehlinger brings some experience to the table. I just think he did everything he could have to make the roster, and it sucks that he didn't. Hopefully he clears waivers and comes back, but I'm not holding my breath.

Is there a chance he asked to be let go?

Just now, Superman said:

For one of the rare times I’m questioning the moves but wow yeah I’d kept Bean over Sam and kept Abraham over Baker but who am I 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Superman said:

I think they are banking they will get both or at least one of Hull or Scott on the PS. I don't think Hull and Scott are the same type of back though. I think Hull is more complete but I like both guys.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Slim chance but a chance. About as much chance of it snowing here in Indy today. 

Who in the world just wants to always be a #3 QB without even given it a shot when it's right there in front of his face ( i.e. they in the league)?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Boss7894 said:

Is there a chance he asked to be let go?

I doubt it. And even if he did, so what?

What's ironic is that I have little doubt that Chris Ballard's connection to the Kansas football program (his son is a backup QB and former teammate of Bean's at Kansas) played a significant role in Bean choosing to sign with the Colts in the first place. I doubt that he decided he didn't want to be here anymore. 

The #3 QBs job is to play the opposing QB in practice, which Bean could do.  But more importantly, he's supposed to help the starter, point out things he may have noticed, etc. 

You saw AR go to Sam for some of that.

Sam is never going to be a starter in this league, but he may be a good coach some day.

1 minute ago, Superman said:

I doubt it. And even if he did, so what?

What's ironic is that I have little doubt that Chris Ballard's connection to the Kansas football program (his son is a backup QB and former teammate of Bean's at Kansas) played a significant role in Bean choosing to sign with the Colts in the first place. I doubt that he decided he didn't want to be here anymore. 

It won't be so shocking anymore, that's what.

5 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

I have no idea why they cut Abraham young kid with potential. Very interesting and very odd. Nice draft pick Ballard.

Same way we cut Darius Rush. Most of us thought he'd be kept after the pick 6 in Buffalo. Didn't happen. Similar thing with Abraham 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

For one of the rare times I’m questioning the moves but wow yeah I’d kept Bean over Sam and kept Abraham over Baker but who am I 

I actually think Baker was decent in preseason, and while I'm not a big fan of his, I'm not totally surprised he's still here. For now... I also think he's a boundary corner, and Abraham is probably a nickel, so not a direct competitor. There's also special teams to consider.

But I'm always curious about the late round draft picks. We waived the last three picks, out of eight total. There's a good chance they get through waivers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Superman said:

I actually think Baker was decent in preseason, and while I'm not a big fan of his, I'm not totally surprised he's still here. For now... I also think he's a boundary corner, and Abraham is probably a nickel, so not a direct competitor. There's also special teams to consider.

But I'm always curious about the late round draft picks. We waived the last three picks, out of eight total. There's a good chance they get through waivers.

Baker played well in the preseason - against backup QBs and WRs.  I thought the plan for Abraham was to be Kenny's backup.  Do we even have a slot corner to back him up now?

But I get it, this roster isn't going to be the one we see on opening day.

3 minutes ago, Boss7894 said:

It won't be so shocking anymore, that's what.

My point was that even if he did ask to be released, he was under contract. I don't think they'd let a player they like leave just because he asked. 

And I don't think that's what happened.