Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

8-20 Bengals colts joint practice

30 minutes ago, chad72 said:

More like reading the D issues against experienced DCs like Lou Anurumo kinds...let us keep in mind he still doesn't have enough starts under his belt, we have to temper expectations.

Agreed Lou is no pushover DC. He’s one of the best in the league.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Teams are just going to play the run against AR and JT crowding the box and our pass catchers are going to have to win a lot of 1-on-1s for teams to change the way they play us. That is how I see it play out in the beginning till AR and the pass catchers make enough big plays for the safeties to back off.

Man I actually hope so! We have legit WR weapons now I think (hoping AD is as advertised) and if they play the run like your saying, we will kill them in passing game. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He is done  as a colt. I feel bad for him. I take it IR is coming again.

Yeah, that probably means he's on IR to start the season, at the very least. Which solves the roster decisions at TE (mostly), and puts him even further behind the rest of the room with this new staff. That sucks. He's very gifted, but he can't help the team if he's not on the field. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

More like reading the D issues against experienced DCs like Lou Anurumo kinds...let us keep in mind he still doesn't have enough starts under his belt, we have to temper expectations.

I’ve said all off season long that AR will be just like a rookie QB, he’s gonna have his ups and downs

24 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Called it ^

Just now, Superman said:

From that earlier tweet: Geno Stone after a Richardson incompletion: “He only throws to spots. He doesn’t throw to his receivers.”

That's a compliment, IMO.

I noticed Anthony talking with Shane a lot today. I think this is all according to plan in his development. 

54 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This one really, truly bums me out more than I can properly articulate. When we drafted him, I legitimately believed we unearthed a diamond in the rough. I was convinced he would be the next coming of Gronk, while being bigger, faster, and stronger. 

Football is a physical sport. All it takes is one play to end a career. Not saying he couldn’t conceivably come back from this; however, it’s really not looking good. It’s always 2 steps forward, 3 steps back for him. 

I thought this season could have been his coming out party. I truly feel for this young man. All of the physical gifts in the world… Like Dungy always said, “the greatest ability is availability…” Truly devastating to hear this. 

57 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Why is he done as a Colt?  He’s got another year on his contract at a low cap hit and 2 TE’s will be free agents .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

Let’s try to remember everyone: this is a Bengals team with legit Super Bowl aspirations, with several key players who know this is most likely their final season together. 

We’re not there yet. 

I agree.

Bengals are one of the top 2 teams in the AFC only behind the Chiefs. 

Colts are trying to break in to the top 7.

This practice is a good measuring stick for the Colts and it says AR has a way to go to measure up to Burrow 

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

I'm sorry. I'm just not the type to care about how we look in practice. I wait til the real games.

Some on here throw in the towel for the season after a bad practice or even a bad play or two in practice. It's laughable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Archer said:

I think we panic too quickly here on this board.  We come out with some duds early in the season and we’ll know our team may be in trouble.  Until then, we’ll have good days and bad days, and pre-season still means exactly nothing.  

It's the same few....every year.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

For as much meds as people have talked about the D and the secondary this has pretty much been the story of preseason. The offense didn't look good, but the D did.

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Zach Taylor just said the Bengals starters will NOT be playing Thursday. 

Something odd I noticed: Burrow kept putting on a glove between snaps, then took it off to throw, and put it back on again. 

If our #1’s don’t show out against their 2’s, this forum is going to blow up!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

If our #1’s don’t show out against their 2’s, this forum is going to blow up!

God help us all if that’s the case. We’ll get yet another Lennymoore troll post I’m sure.

Most inexperienced starting qb in NFL looks bad today. Big shock. He needed to play a lot more the last two games but admittedly Steichen’s offense puts AR at high risk of injury. But he needs experience more than protection.