Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hate from Titans media

Paul Kuharsky, who covers the Titans and has become a homer for them, was on the radio today saying he expects the Colts to be bad and possibly a top 5 drafting team. I think he just hates Richardson and thinks the roster is average at best. Funny that he thinks higher of the Titans roster as he has them doing better next year. Shows how much Titans fans and even media are delusional with their own team and outwardly as well with the Colts. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Paul Kuharsky, who covers the Titans and has become a homer for them, was on the radio today saying he expects the Colts to be bad and possibly a top 5 drafting team. I think he just hates Richardson and thinks the roster is average at best. Funny that he thinks higher of the Titans roster as he has them doing better next year. Shows how much Titans fans and even media are delusional with their own team and outwardly as well with the Colts. 

Titans will end up in the Cellar, sorry Paul you are wrong and a hater. If you read this, I will bet you a steak dinner the Colts end up with a better record than the Titans! AR is better than Bo Callahan and Taylor is far better than any weapon the Titans have. Paul is just jealous because since the AFC South was created, we have been to 4 AFC Title Games = 2003, 2006, 2009, 2014/2 SB's = 2006, 2009/Won a SB = 2006. By the way C.J. Stroud is talking smack as well, he better remember that the Colts were dominating his team and him in the 1st meeting when AR was healthy. We were up 14-0 at Houston before AR went out. The Texans were a sweet story last year, barely beating us with a backup QB to win the division but guess what, they did their usual losing early in the playoffs. They have 0 AFC Title Game appearances in their 22 seasons of existence, YES, A BIG FAT 0. 

When it comes to Jacksonville I can only laugh. It seems like they have picked in the top 5 for the last 20 seasons and have nothing to show for it except 1 AFC Title Game appearance. 

Going by history, Colts still are the best team in the AFC South since its invention. Facts hurt! The others have some catching up to do and we haven't been dominant since 2014. We have spotted these other teams 10 seasons, and they still haven't made a SB or win 1.

Since the AFC South was created (2002), Division Championships:

Colts 9

Texans 7

Titans 4

Jags 2

The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Yeah, it's one thing to get hate from the Texans. Even the Jags can say they beat us in Jax every year for some strange reason. However, the Titans are a crap team right now. They signed some good players in FA, but they've never accomplished anything or done anything in their tenure, and at best are on equal footing with us heading into the season. 

Titans are on pace to lose double digit games IMO, even with all that talent in FA. Will Levis doesn't seem like a very good QB and that WR core is on borrowed time. 

• Like 1

Picking top 5 is way extreme. Not with Steichen here now.

But I don't really see TEN finishing ahead of IND in the AFCS as delusional or hate.

TEN's three biggest weaknesses, OL, WR and CB, were heavily addressed.

Suddenly, WR and CB are probably strengths. OL should improve from a bottom unit. They likely won't all be great, but these could be some huge difference makers.

And just last year, TEN was competitive against the Colts with Levis. If we think AR can take a step, we have to consider that Levis could as well. 

I think AFCS is as strong as it's ever been.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

But I don't really see TEN finishing ahead of IND in the AFCS as delusional or hate.

Suddenly, WR and CB are probably strengths. OL should improve from a bottom unit. They likely won't all be great, but these could be some huge difference makers.

And just last year, TEN was competitive against the Colts with Levis. If we think AR can take a step, we have to consider that Levis could as well. 

Do you have confidence the areas of need for the Titans were addressed? Latham is a more natural RT and he’s gonna be playing left, they still have questions at RG and RT, their LB core is awful, and Sneed has huge concerns with his knees. It’s why no one else other than TN wanted to trade for him. 

39 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Yeah, it's one thing to get hate from the Texans. Even the Jags can say they beat us in Jax every year for some strange reason. However, the Titans are a crap team right now. They signed some good players in FA, but they've never accomplished anything or done anything in their tenure, and at best are on equal footing with us heading into the season. 

Titans are on pace to lose double digit games IMO, even with all that talent in FA. Will Levis doesn't seem like a very good QB and that WR core is on borrowed time. 

Equal footing is reasonable. TEN's roster looks vastly better from last year (on paper), even though some of them are older. They also do have some young guys left over from the JRob era that could still do something.

It really just comes down to QB. TEN hired an up-and-coming offensive mind to be their HC. We saw how much of an impact Steichen made. So if Levis is any good and Callahan can fix that offense (and his dad can fix the OL), I think TEN could be in the hunt. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Do you have confidence the areas of need for the Titans were addressed? Latham is a more natural RT and he’s gonna be playing left, they still have questions at RG and RT, their LB core is awful, and Sneed has huge concerns with his knees. It’s why no one else other than TN wanted to trade for him. 

I have confidence that, barring injury, their WR and CB groups are much better. Ridley and Boyd are proven at this point. They might not have crazy upside, but they have proven production, which is better than the guys they were running out there with DHop last year. Same for CB. Sneed is a stud and Awuzie is pretty proven.

It's hard to count on health, but those should be much improved.

Not as sure about their OL. But it was so bad, that it almost has to improve, especially with added talent. And I think Callahan is a good OL coach. Just a jump to an average OL unit would do wonders.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

I think if anyone thinks that the Titans will finish ahead of us is pretty delusional. Sorry I will disagree with you there. I don't see the Titans winning more than 7 games. If they go 7-10 that will be a good season for them looking at their roster. We swept them last year and they had Henry.

I am not even being a Homer as I am picking the Texans to win the Division. My early projections show:

Texans 11-6

Colts 10-7 (WildCard 7th spot)

Jags 9-8

Titans 7-10

-I do think we will be a playoff team if Richardson is anywhere near above average and better than Minshew. I also think Taylor is going to have a huge season with AR at QB.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Kuharsky is one of the most respected NFL writers around and he has been for a very long time.  

So let’s try to look at things from his perspective….   This is the same AR that totaled less than 1,000 snaps in college.  And then his rookie year his injuries kept him down to roughly 200 snaps.  So to a veteran writer like Kuharsky, AR looks like a woefully inexperienced QB.   He likely sees AR as someone who will have a rough year making rookie mistakes.   It’s not an unreasonable viewpoint for him.   

Of course, Kuharsky doesn’t know the lengths the Colts have gone to work with AR last year after he was hurt and then again this off-season.   So hopefully what Steichen and Jim Bob have done have helped advance AR’s ability to perform at a high level quickly.

I still think the Colts are roughly a 9-8 team.  More talented than last year, but facing a much harder schedule.   And I think we go 9-8 because of AR, not inspire of AR.   

Better days ahead.  

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Kuharsky is one of the most respected NFL writers around and he has been for a very long time.  

So let’s try to look at things from his perspective….   This is the same AR that totaled less than 1,000 snaps in college.  And then his rookie year his injuries kept him down to roughly 200 snaps.  So to a veteran writer like Kuharsky, AR looks like a woefully inexperienced QB.   He likely sees AR as someone who will have a rough year making rookie mistakes.   It’s not an unreasonable viewpoint for him.   

Of course, Kuharsky doesn’t know the lengths the Colts have gone to work with AR last year after he was hurt and then again this off-season.   So hopefully what Steichen and Jim Bob have done have helped advance AR’s ability to perform at a high level quickly.

I still think the Colts are roughly a 9-8 team.  More talented than last year, but facing a much harder schedule.   And I think we go 9-8 because of AR, not inspire of AR.   

Better days ahead.  

In the games AR played in, he looked good overall, for some reason people seem to forget that. Also, it isn't like he didn't get in game experience, he did play in 4 games. His foot work looked above average to me, his arm strength was great, and against Houston he was running all over them to get a 14-0 lead. His 2nd half vs the Rams he was shredding their defense with crisp accurate passes. He now also has a year of experience of learning as well from Minshew and Shane. I think Paul is underestimating AR, he better be more worried about his QB because I think Levis will be a bust and showed me nothing last year with the exception of 1 great game vs Atlanta - his 1st game. He was average too bad in the rest of his starts.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Better days ahead.  

So do you not think the roster is better than last year? I mean they didn't lose anybody, and they added DE Latu and Mitchell at WR. Both will be likely starters sooner than later. 9-8 should be a minimum if Richardson can stay more healthy. 

• Like 2

Just now, BProland85 said:

So do you not think the roster is better than last year? I mean they didn't lose anybody, and they added DE Latu and Mitchell at WR. Both will be likely starters sooner than later. 9-8 should be a minimum if Richardson can stay more healthy. 

If everyone stays healthy, we will have a better record than the Titans. Nobody in their right mind would place a bet on the Titans having a better record. 

• Like 2

Just as with Richardson, Levis is also fairly unproven and is now in a completely new offensive system, which means he’s technically behind the 8 ball in being in command of it, while Anthony has had all of last year plus this offseason to work with Steichen. 

I like Bo, I think he’s a good coach and coordinator. But that doesn’t always translate to “good head coach material”. Let’s not forget he wasn’t in charge of calling plays in Cincy. That was on Zac Taylor. 

So now the Titans have: a sophomore QB relearning an entire offense. A freshman head coach who is also going to call plays for the first time. A bunch of free agents who will need to gel with the team and also step up and be leaders for the youngsters. 

It could work. It could also not work. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

In the games AR played in, he looked good overall, for some reason people seem to forget that. Also, it isn't like he didn't get in game experience, he did play in 4 games. His foot work looked above average to me, his arm strength was great, and against Houston he was running all over them to get a 14-0 lead. His 2nd half vs the Rams he was shredding their defense with crisp accurate passes. He now also has a year of experience of learning as well from Minshew and Shane. I think Paul is underestimating AR, he better be more worried about his QB because I think Levis will be a bust and showed me nothing last year with the exception of 1 great game vs Atlanta - his 1st game. He was average too bad in the rest of his starts.

Agreed I live in Nashville so I watched all the Titans games and Levis' starts, and other than the Atlanta game where their secondary gave up plenty of cushion deep to TN's WRs, Levis was average at best the rest of the games he started. He really struggles with pocket awareness and takes unnecessary hits and sacks, and that's always been a thing for him dating back to Kentucky. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think if anyone thinks that the Titans will finish ahead of us is pretty delusional. Sorry I will disagree with you there. I don't see the Titans winning more than 7 games. If they go 7-10 that will be a good season for them looking at their roster. We swept them last year and they had Henry.

I am not even being a Homer as I am picking the Texans to win the Division. My early projections show:

Texans 11-6

Colts 10-7 (WildCard 7th spot)

Jags 9-8

Titans 7-10

-I do think we will be a playoff team if Richardson is anywhere near above average and better than Minshew. I also think Taylor is going to have a huge season with AR at QB.

JAC swept the Colts too. 

I don't think a 7-10 and 10-7 team are super far apart. A game here or there.

The TEN game with Levis was a competitive game. I just don't think there will be a bad team in the AFCS this year. And I could see any combination of order for the four teams (with HOU the most likely to win). 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If everyone stays healthy, we will have a better record than the Titans. Nobody in their right mind would place a bet on the Titans having a better record. 

Plenty of of experts have infact done so. IIRC quite a few think we're at the bottom of the AFC South at the moment. Not sure I agree, but it is what it is. All the Colts can do to prove them wrong is win - enough with the talking.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Plenty of of experts have infact done so. IIRC quite a few think we're at the bottom of the AFC South at the moment. Not sure I agree, but it is what it is. All the Colts can do to prove them wrong is win - enough with the talking.

I would bet anyone of them that the Colts finish better than the Titans, but see I put my money where my mouth is, they would not. The so-called experts can say what they want, Vegas says otherwise. Colts Over/Under in wins is 8.5 by Vegas odds, Titans is 6.5. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

JAC swept the Colts too. 

I don't think a 7-10 and 10-7 team are super far apart. A game here or there.

The TEN game with Levis was a competitive game. I just don't think there will be a bad team in the AFCS this year. And I could see any combination of order for the four teams (with HOU the most likely to win). 

Jags are good, Titans aren't anymore, huge difference. I think we split with the Jags this season, we will see.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Better days ahead.  

I'm not sure where you are seeing he is one of the most respected beat writers.   I know most Titans fans don't care for him.   I know for a FACT Taylor Lewan and DeAndre Hopkins don't care for him.    Just do a quick Google search of PKs reporting Inaccuracies.   I'm sure all beat writers get things wrong,  but he is the Greg Doyel of Tennessee according to titans fans

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Cut them a break, they’re doing the best they can, they’re Titans fans.

Their window is closed. They had their chance from 2019-2021 and choked. They had the #1 seed in 2021 and lost at home vs a 2nd year QB in Joe Burrow. After they went to the Championship Game in 2019 and got demolished by the Chiefs, I was on record saying they would never make the Final 4 again with Tannehill at QB and I nailed that haha .

• Like 2

Huh?    I literally wrote the sentence the Colts are more talented than last year, but that they play a more difficult schedule this year than last.   Did you not read that?  

My post was all about trying to guess why Kuharsky doesn’t like the Colts this year.   You're assuming Richardson will be very good.  I am too.  But Kuharsky might not. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?    I literally wrote the sentence the Colts are more talented than last year, but that they play a more talented schedule this year than last.   Did you not read that?  

My post was all about trying to guess why Kuharsky doesn’t like the Colts this year.   You're assuming Richardson will be very good.  I am too.  But Kuharsjy might not. 

Your prediction post of the Colts finishing 9-8 covers you, you think we will be in the mix that is all a fan can ask for. :thmup:

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm not sure where you are seeing he is one of the most respected beat writers.   I know most Titans fans don't care for him.   I know for a FACT Taylor Lewan and DeAndre Hopkins don't care for him.    Just do a quick Google search of PKs reporting Inaccuracies.   I'm sure all beat writers get things wrong,  but he is the Greg Doyel of Tennessee according to titans fans

I’ll give you the same answer I give any poster who tells me what the fans think.  In 99 percent of the cases, I don’t care.  

Most fans don’t like a writer who is willing to be honest and write things that are not popular.   So, for example, if he wrote Hopkins or Decker are past their prime, that would make him unpopular.   People here criticize Colts media saying they’re soft and won’t ask the tough question.  I think Kuharsky is willing to ask the tough hard question.  That will rub some people the wrong way.   

Kuharsky is respected by people I trust.  ESPN, NFL.com, the 33rd team and Sirius radio’s NFL channel.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’ll give you the same answer I give any poster who tells me what the fans think.  In 99 percent of the cases, I don’t care.  

Most fans don’t like a writer who is willing to be honest and write things that are not popular.   So, for example, if he wrote Hopkins or Decker are past their prime, that would make him unpopular.   People here criticize Colts media saying they’re soft and won’t ask the tough question.  I think Kuharsky is willing to ask the tough hard question.  That will rub some people the wrong way.   

Kuharsky is respected by people I trust.  ESPN, NFL.com, the 33rd team and Sirius radio’s NFL channel.

Do quite a bit of West Coast people in your professional arena know him? Legit asking because it intrigues me. 

I have to confess I’m not one to follow up on a lot of national reporters and writers. So when you say you know of him I take notice since you’re so far from us in the Midwest. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I am perfectly fine with a writer calling out a teams weaknesses but some can overdo it. Gregg Doyel goes overboard with it and what makes it worse he never has anything positive to say. A good writer should bring up positive things as well about a team besides just bashing them. 

• Like 1

They are trying to put the whole horse on Levis back and I don't think that works. Especially with no Derrick Henry to take some pressure off. They will be a cellar dweller before we are!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

I see nothing wrong with it.  Colts fans and media are the same way.  We will have to wait and see.  Either team could be 4-13 or 9-8.

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia4-13, man I give that a 1 percent chance of happening. Only way that happens is if all of our key players get injured within the 1st 4 weeks. At least be realistic, come on lmao . If we went 8-9 for some silly reason, I could buy that prediction, but a lot would still have to go wrong for that to even happen.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Google "Taylor Lewan cramp"  and tell me how great he is.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BProland85 said:

TN had a great offseason no doubt.  But their OL was horrendous and is brand new and no one has a clue how they pan out.  I like what they did at WR and CB for sure.  They are probably top 3 in both spots.  I also think Levis is going to be good considering what he did with the garbage they had at WR and the OL last year.  

I think we are better than Paul thinks.  I get the call on Richardson.  He has not done a lot to make the case and he is coming off an injury.  I think people in Indy forget Minshew was fabulous last year.  I think TN losing Autry is huge.  Glad he is gone but now in Houston which actually might be worse for us.  

I think Jax is the worse team in the division.  I am not sold on Lawrence at all.  They lost a lot this offseason and they collpased last year big time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Do quite a bit of West Coast people in your professional arena know him? Legit asking because it intrigues me. 

I have to confess I’m not one to follow up on a lot of national reporters and writers. So when you say you know of him I take notice since you’re so far from us in the Midwest. 

Honestly,  I have no idea….  But the four media outlets I listed site him and show respect.   And those outlets are national, not local.   

• Thanks 1