Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts OTAs Thread May 21st-23rd; May 29th-31st

53 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Let’s go further:

Nickel and Dime.

As in, “the Colts are nickel and diming the Jags to death”.

5 and dime stores used to be a thing. (I'm old)  But I totally get nickel and dime as well

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

5 and dime stores used to be a thing. (I'm old)  But I totally get nickel and dime as well

Do remember spending time at 5 and dime store in Lafayette as a kid.  Very popular for sure.  Still got an old air hockey table from the 70's from Service Merchandise (still works). 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

My first job was a stock boy at Woolworth's.  Great memories and fun times.  Loved the food counter.

• Like 3

This was honestly an underthrow by AR.  Looks to be some sort of drill.

actually liked the defense Brents played up until a few moments before the catch.  He was too focused on trying to catch up and didn’t turn his head around until it was too late.  Should’ve turned his around and used his length and wingspan to either swat the ball or make the catch difficult.  But hey, this is why we have OTAs and Training camp

Good to see AD putting that burner speed to use.  If AR had put some more air under it he would’ve burned brents 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

actually liked the defense Brents played up until a few moments before the catch.  He was too focused on trying to catch up and didn’t turn his head around until it was too late.  Should’ve turned his around and used his length and wingspan to either swat the ball or make the catch difficult.  But hey, this is why we have OTAs and Training camp

Good to see AD putting that burner speed to use.  If AR had put some more air under it he would’ve burned brents 

I agree; he had to turn around to catch the ball. It was still a good ball, but if the DB was aware of the ball and turned his head, it would have been broken up. All deep throws aren't always on point, so I'm glad AD is good enough to catch that ball with the DB right there.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

I think it was thrown that way by design to show off Mitchell's  ability to come back to ball while going up to get it.

41 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I think it was thrown that way by design to show off Mitchell's  ability to come back to ball while going up to get it.

Pretty good throw. Some are saying "under thrown" . Yeah ... maybe so but I've never seen an over thrown ball caught . I've been watching for 65 years.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Pretty good throw. Some are saying "under thrown" . Yeah ... maybe so but I've never seen an over thrown ball caught . I've been watching for 65 years.

Really? I see overthrown balls being caught all the time, honestly.  

17 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

yeah, with that speed, if I had ARs talent I’d just throw it up and let him go get it.

i know it’s only OTA, but in game that honestly looks like an almost interception to me.

meh, like I said above, I’m not worried or anything, just was giving my observation and commentating on the footage.  

48 minutes ago, Archer said:

Exactly as I had to describe them to my 10YO...

I was born in '88. So imagine some of those types of stores existed while I was alive, but I was probably too young to remember. 

My town used to have an old school pharmacy with a soda fountain and candy, would go there all the time growing up! I wish my kids had something similar. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Explain how an overthrown ball is caught.  By my knowledge of the English language , overthrown means beyond the reach of the intended receiver. So yeah... really. Example .. if the ss "overthrew " the first baseman , you are saying he can catch the ball ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Explain how an overthrown ball is caught.  By my knowledge of the English language , overthrown means beyond the reach of the intended receiver. So yeah... really. Example .. if the ss "overthrew " the first baseman , you are saying he can catch the ball ?

An overthrown ball can still be caught because a WR would have to dive for it just to catch it. That is an overthrown ball, just like an underthrown ball, which is still catchable. QB is supposed to drop it in his hands in stride usually, but sometimes it's overthrown, and the WR has to do extra work just to catch the ball, like diving for it or even some one-handed catches I've seen where they could only reach with that one hand.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

An overthrown ball can still be caught because a WR would have to dive for it just to catch it. That is an overthrown ball, just like an underthrown ball, which is still catchable. QB is supposed to drop it in his hands in stride usually, but sometimes it's overthrown, and the WR has to do extra work just to catch the ball, like diving for it or even some one-handed catches I've seen where they could only reach with that one hand.

That , IMO , would not be considered an "overthrown ball." It  just would be considered not  a perfectly thrown ball. An overthrown ball would be a ball thrown too far for the receiver to catch it. You're referring to a ball that didn't hit the receiver in stride. Going back to the baseball analogy and I use that because they assign errors. If the ss throws the ball 10 feet over the 1st baseman's head , he gets an error for the " overthrow." If he throws the ball imperfectly and the first baseman elevates to catch the ball and comes down on the bag , there is no error and no "overthrow' is recorded . We are disagreeing over semantics and not worth continuing. 

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Hopefully PITTMAN is ok. We are two months from 

Good job D. Scott! Nice to hear your name early. I been tooting your horn.

• Like 3