Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rookie Camp

Seeing him being able to run crossers where Pierce is too stiff is really nice. Because that is the perfect compliment to Pittman. Thdy can use them on the same routes and you won’t know which one is running which route when they are on the field together. With Pierce you almost always know it’s a go route. Will be fun to see Mitchell with Richardson.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

yep. If he wasn’t making them look stupid I would be very worried. 

I didn’t realize until the other day this Slovid  kid was a freshman when Pitt was a senior at USC. So they have some familiarity.

Yeah, Slovis was supposed to be a high pick. He started really well in USC and was projected to be like... R1-R2 pick... but I never really saw it with him. And it was kind of all downhill for him after his freshman season with Pittman and transfered twice, first to Pitt then to BYU. Still it's interesting to see if he can fight for 3d QB spot, although... if I had to bet... probably not. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BProland85 said:

So glad AD is putting in the extra work after practice. He seems to have the work ethic and drive to be great. We all know he has the talent to be. 

I agree. I’m already over him talking about where he was drafted. Show us you’re better than all those other WRs. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Have to laugh at him saying Mitchell blew away a tryout DB. Like they said yesterday these highly drafted rookies should stand out. If they don’t something is wrong.

Well if we go by the forum most our dbs are try out guys to

19 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

AD has some muscle in those legs. He seems like a happy kid. I think DODDS was right. It was because of his one year of production teams dropped him. Fans probably had him rated to high.

AD has 3 years of production and was instrumental in Georgia winning back to back national championships.

He caught the go ahead TD against Alabama in 2021 and the go ahead TD against Ohio State in 2022.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Slovis staying late and putting in the work, I think we have something here folks....

I think Sam's days are numbered. Contract year, already have QB2 in place, no ties to Steichen.

Slovis as QB3

And put Bean QB4 on practice squad 

2 young guys to develop that Steichen had a hand in bringing in

Bean also listed as WR too.

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, w87r said:

I think Sam's days are numbered. Contract year, already have QB2 in place, no ties to Steichen.

Slovis as QB3

And put Bean QB4 on practice squad 

2 young guys to develop that Steichen had a hand in bringing in

Bean also listed as WR too.

I don't think we will have 3 QB's on the active roster. The 3rd QB will be on the PS and not impossible that both Sean and Slovis are both kept as you suggest . I just doubt either will be on the 53 man roster . Especially considering that it would be unlikely that the Colts would lose their choice for QB 3 to the waiver process.

8 hours ago, jimmy g said:

He runs faster than I can watch!!!!!!!

he’s going to be a problem on returns and if Reggie can develop him he might be a deadly weapon with RPOs and what not.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jimmy g said:

He runs faster than I can watch!!!!!!!

Kupp ran in the 4.6's. Quick brain and quick feet kick tail. Rewatch a Colts game and focus on Downs. He is incredible getting off the line, attacking a zone, he gets open in a flash. Just how you beat pressure.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Double-digit sacks for a rookie is rare.   It might happen but it’s not likely.  

Oh, I know. IMO, this is the best EDGE that Ballard has ever drafted for us. He has experience, he has a motor, and he has lots of pass rush moves. I find it hard that he won't be elite if he's healthy. I have him as the top EDGE in the class though, so I may be one of the highest on him on the forum. We'll see. One of the rare times where I'm extremely positive right now.