Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rookie numbers?

10 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

He and Unitas redefined their positions.

Lenny Moore as well- yet Indy Fans don’t even put him on the list of Best Colts Running Backs. Some of his NFL TD Records were just broken in the past few years, after standing since the 1960s.

• Like 1

I had Latu figured for 97, since it’s the only ninety number left.  However, I just watched the Behind the Colts episode, and Thornton was showing him the locker room and said something like, “We’re still getting the # firmed up, but you should be right about here.”  They were at a locker with either 91 (Leo) or 92 (Avery) on it.

Re: Adonai Mitchell vs Josh Downs and the #1 jersey

If I were sitting down with the both of them, I would offer this piece of advice to each:

For Downs -- Do not change your number.  It's bad luck.  Doesn't matter how much anybody offers you in order to take your number.  Just. Don't. Do. It.

For Mitchell -- They say that the definition of Greatness is someone who doesn't remind us of anyone else.  They say, "he reminds me of Jerry Rice" or "he reminds me of Reggie Wayne".  Don't be the guy who is compared to someone else.  Be the guy who defines the standard by which others are compared to you.  The first step -- take a jersey number that nobody else uses.  Make it your own.  Write your own legacy.  (Take jersey #0)

• Like 1

Here are the available numbers taking away legend numbers 

6, 10,17,19,21,24,30,53,57,60,61,68,69,70,71,74,77,89,97

So lets guess what numbers they will wear 

Latu 17

Mitchell 6

Gonclaves 68

Bortolini 74

Gould 10

Carlies 53

Simpson 24

Abraham 30

Laulu 97

15 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

Here are the available numbers taking away legend numbers 

6, 10,17,19,21,24,30,53,57,60,61,68,69,70,71,74,77,89,97

So lets guess what numbers they will wear 

Latu 17

Mitchell 6

Gonclaves 68

Bortolini 74

Gould 10

Carlies 53

Simpson 24

Abraham 30

Laulu 97

This is the list of Retired Colts Numbers.

Peyton Manning — No. 18

Johnny Unitas — No. 19

Buddy Young — No. 22

Lenny Moore — No. 24

Art Donovan — No. 70

Jim Parker — No. 77

Raymond Berry — No. 82

Gino Marchetti — No. 89

• Thanks 1

On 5/2/2024 at 5:46 PM, John Hammonds said:

Re: Adonai Mitchell vs Josh Downs and the #1 jersey

If I were sitting down with the both of them, I would offer this piece of advice to each:

For Downs -- Do not change your number.  It's bad luck.  Doesn't matter how much anybody offers you in order to take your number.  Just. Don't. Do. It.

For Mitchell -- They say that the definition of Greatness is someone who doesn't remind us of anyone else.  They say, "he reminds me of Jerry Rice" or "he reminds me of Reggie Wayne".  Don't be the guy who is compared to someone else.  Be the guy who defines the standard by which others are compared to you.  The first step -- take a jersey number that nobody else uses.  Make it your own.  Write your own legacy.  (Take jersey #0)

You know that saying... The player makes the number, the number doesn't make the player. :thmup:

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, CR91 said:

97 for Latu. Flacco being pity 😂

Latu doesnt care about his jersey number, at least thats what he said on maxx crosby´s podcast... 15 was given to him at ucla, he didnt really chose it, he just wanna play. 

• Like 2

On 4/30/2024 at 11:14 AM, indyagent17 said:

. I have a blank jersey with 17 on it. I would love to put Mitchell on the back of it.

Why not put indyagent on the back of it?

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Shive said:

A proper pass rusher number.

Seems like they have given them the numbers but have not announced them. No idea why that is... 

Laulu gets 57... 

1.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stitches said:

Seems like they have given them the numbers but have not announced them. No idea why that is... 

Laulu gets 57... 

1.jpg

I don't know why someone edited it, but his actual IG post shows 97.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, stitches said:

Laulu gets 57... 

1.jpg

I just realized this was Laulu and not Latu. 🤦‍♂️

Also:

Confirmed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shive said:

I just realized this was Laulu and not Latu. 🤦‍♂️

Also:

Confirmed.

The Ryan Diem jersey number, always liked it. Solid pro for a long time, if that is what Matt Goncalves becomes, I will take it. :) 

6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Personally dont like 10 on Mitchell. I think it's boring, but whatever 

Maybe it's to remind himself of the 10 WRs who went before him.  I have no real idea, obviously, but would track with his whole "chip on his shoulder" thing he's got going on.

• Like 5

Just now, CheezyColt said:

Maybe it's to remind himself of the 10 WRs who went before him.  I have no real idea, obviously, but would track with his whole "chip on his shoulder" thing he's got going on.

I just wanted someone to finally get 88. It's an iconic number in both Baltimore and Indianapolis Colts history 

36 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I just wanted someone to finally get 88. It's an iconic number in both Baltimore and Indianapolis Colts history 

Shouldn't they retire jersey 88 for Marvin Harrison Sr.? I would prefer they do that. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Shouldn't they retire jersey 88 for Marvin Harrison Sr.? I would prefer they do that. 

You'd think so, but Marv hasn't played since 2008. 

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I love Mitchell has that big of a chip on his shoulder to pick that number 

I have my doubts about him but that is awesome

• Like 1

On 4/30/2024 at 9:55 AM, twfish said:

Latu wants #15, I would bet Flacco gives it up. Mitchell though will be a tough one, I would have bet 15 for him since 5 is taken but maybe he takes 10?

Ayyyyyyy I got that one lol

• Like 3

On 5/2/2024 at 7:45 AM, jimmy g said:

Lenny Moore as well- yet Indy Fans don’t even put him on the list of Best Colts Running Backs. Some of his NFL TD Records were just broken in the past few years, after standing since the 1960s.

I have a jersey signed by Lenny Moore.

• Thanks 1

On 5/10/2024 at 8:23 AM, CR91 said:

You'd think so, but Marv hasn't played since 2008. 

But no one has worn his number since then, and I don't think they intend to let anyone wear it.

I like #10 for WRs, and it makes sense for AD. I'm not super big into jersey numbers, but that one seems perfect to me.