Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have the 15th pick in the draft. (MERGE)

2 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

I'd say it is doubtful he starts, last year he was only competing for the spot vs.Jones who was a rookie late round pick . D. Baker won the other starting spot while Brents was injured).  Flowers played solid but only gained 304 snaps of experience and only had 174 in his career prior so a total of 478 snaps. 

Baker  played 467 snaps but didnt play well so likely out of the picture unless a lot of injuries hit.

However Jones played 787 snaps and while not quite hitting Flowers performance levels was far behind.

Then we have the likely scenerio of a 1st or 2nd round pick being drafted (Most mocks have it as a 1, though many mocks have WR as the 1).

So for Flowers to start he needs to beat out a high draft pick and Jones and thats if no vet is signed. I'd say Flowers odds are not very good at this point.

Yeah right. It's all based on your opinion really. Ballard has stated on more than one occasion and even recently that they think Flowers is a very good player. All they said about Jones is he battled when he was in there. They like both of them, but the odds thing is really more your opinion than a likely fact.

"We thought he was playing pretty good,” Ballard said. “Getting Dallis Flowers back will be big.”

Flowers gave up eight completions in 15 attempts for 91 yards in four games, according to Sports Info Solutions, allowing a quarterback rating of 71.8 that would have led the Indianapolis cornerbacks last season.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2024/01/26/indianapolis-colts-news-why-dallis-flowers-is-wild-card-cb-undrafted-achilles-injury/72353546007/

19 minutes ago, krunk said:

Yeah right. It's all based on your opinion really. Ballard has stated on more than one occasion and even recently that they think Flowers is a very good player. All they said about Jones is he battled when he was in there. They like both of them, but the odds thing is really more your opinion than a likely fact.

"We thought he was playing pretty good,” Ballard said. “Getting Dallis Flowers back will be big.”

Flowers gave up eight completions in 15 attempts for 91 yards in four games, according to Sports Info Solutions, allowing a quarterback rating of 71.8 that would have led the Indianapolis cornerbacks last season.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2024/01/26/indianapolis-colts-news-why-dallis-flowers-is-wild-card-cb-undrafted-achilles-injury/72353546007/

No one said it was based on my opinion, its is based on many opinions thats why people conjecture about different spots being won or lost leading up to the season, if you are offended doesnt really make much sense honestly as you commented with a differing opinion and no one was offened. There is a reason why Colts have been linked in a majority of mocks to Corners in round 1 and IF that happens barring injury that player would be the heavy favorite to start Day 1. One could state that is an opinion but a one in the heavy majority. If a starting vet corner is signed that player would then be a heavy favorite, If neither happens and the spot isnt addressed then becomes more of a dog fight between Jones and Flowers with Jones having the expierence of more playing time. I think most here would be jumping with joy if all the young Corners progressed and we were set, odds are all wont progress to that point but thats the nature of the sport.

2 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

No one said it was based on my opinion, its is based on many opinions thats why people conjecture about different spots being won or lost leading up to the season, if you are offended doesnt really make much sense honestly as you commented with a differing opinion and no one was offened. There is a reason why Colts have been linked in a majority of mocks to Corners in round 1 and IF that happens barring injury that player would be the heavy favorite to start Day 1. One could state that is an opinion but a one in the heavy majority. If a starting vet corner is signed that player would then be a heavy favorite, If neither happens and the spot isnt addressed then becomes more of a dog fight between Jones and Flowers with Jones having the expierence of more playing time. I think most here would be jumping with joy if all the young Corners progressed and we were set, odds are all wont progress to that point but thats the nature of the sport.

It's obviously your opinion or a mix of yours and others conjecture. I'm pointing you towards the real view of the GM on the subject based on a source that I posted for you. And inside of that source Ballard also says he is going to bring in competition. My opinion on his comment is it's probably not going to be any of these high draft round corners like Cooper Dejean or Arnold. Guys who you and others think should be drafted and handed a starting position immediately.

My opinion is Ballard already is clear on who he wants to start but he wants those starters to be greatly challenged by the quality DEPTH players that he drafts. Since this is also a solid draft for corners that means to me we are probably looking at a drafted corner between rounds 3-4. Should still be some talent on the board that has dropped for whatever the reason. Ballard is good at finding and drafting the right kind of defensive talent without it needing to be a high first or second rounder. EJ Speed came from Tarleton State, Grover Stewart came from Albany State, Zair Franklin was like a 6th or 7th rounder, Jones was 6th or 7th round and I think Flowers a Free Agent. When Ballard says We Like Our Corners this is the opinion of a guy who is pretty good at evaluating talent and he understands who fits the scheme and where and how the talent can be obtained. If we take a corner anywhere in the 2nd round I think it will be a low 2nd if at all in that round. I don't think we are going Corner in round 1 bc those types of guys start immediately and that's would not fit the aim of someone who has said multiple times "We like our corners".

Personally I think he is going offense early and then the rest of the draft on defense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As the leagues landscape continue to change, so does my viewpoint on our draft.  I think the first three rounds are very important to our success.  We have to help AR but we also have holes to fill or position groups to improve at.  Here are a couple bullet points on my thoughts:

- At 15, I hope we grab Mitchell if he’s there.  The more and more I research him, the more I like him.  Everything is there.  The speed, physicality, and football IQ.  Him and Brent’s on the outside with Moore at the nickel is a deadly trio of CB.  You’d have everything you want. I really want us to go WR at 15 but Mitchell is too good of a prospect to pass up on.

- This year, we need accelerate ARs growth.  We’re essentially down a year.  We have 3 years (maybe 4) of his rookie contract left.  And no matter how good we make our defense, this team will go as AR goes.  With that said, BTJ sounds great at 15, but while the CB class is moreso top heavy, the WR class is deep.  However, with the list of teams needing WRs growing, we’re going to have to make moves with the second pick.  I don’t want us to end up in the same situation with Alec Pierce.  I wanted George Pickens, only for the Steelers to select him the pick before.  This time, let’s go get the we want.  I’m personally looking at leggette.  He’s at the top of that second tier and has that explosiveness we need desperately for our offense.  Pittman, Leggette on the outside.  Downs in the slot and hopefully Woods at tight end is a formidable offense with the potential to be a great one.  Maybe not as stacked as the Texans, but we can even the odds with our dynamic qb and top 5 running back.

So basically I’m hoping we get Quinyon and Leggette.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, smittywerb said:

As the leagues landscape continue to change, so does my viewpoint on our draft.  I think the first three rounds are very important to our success.  We have to help AR but we also have holes to fill or position groups to improve at.  Here are a couple bullet points on my thoughts:

- At 15, I hope we grab Mitchell if he’s there.  The more and more I research him, the more I like him.  Everything is there.  The speed, physicality, and football IQ.  Him and Brent’s on the outside with Moore at the nickel is a deadly trio of CB.  You’d have everything you want. I really want us to go WR at 15 but Mitchell is too good of a prospect to pass up on.

- This year, we need accelerate ARs growth.  We’re essentially down a year.  We have 3 years (maybe 4) of his rookie contract left.  And no matter how good we make our defense, this team will go as AR goes.  With that said, BTJ sounds great at 15, but while the CB class is moreso top heavy, the WR class is deep.  However, with the list of teams needing WRs growing, we’re going to have to make moves with the second pick.  I don’t want us to end up in the same situation with Alec Pierce.  I wanted George Pickens, only for the Steelers to select him the pick before.  This time, let’s go get the we want.  I’m personally looking at leggette.  He’s at the top of that second tier and has that explosiveness we need desperately for our offense.  Pittman, Leggette on the outside.  Downs in the slot and hopefully Woods at tight end is a formidable offense with the potential to be a great one.  Maybe not as stacked as the Texans, but we can even the odds with our dynamic qb and top 5 running back.

I agree on Legette. Watching the South Carolina offense they have very similar concepts to what you will see from the Colts during a game. A lot of crossers and verticals. I watched a video the other day that said 33 or so of his total catches went for 15 yards or more last season. 

He also gives us a nice run after catch game which we don't have. And he is good on speed sweeps, screens and reverses. You can get good use from him deep, middle and short. And he plays special teams. Both kickoff team and kick return which I think is key bc Ballard said when we lost Dulin last year we took a big hit. If it happens again you could slide Legette right into Dulin role and keep pushing I think. I don't think Pierce is immediately going to the bench. If we got Legette in year 1 I believe we would play him back and forth between Pierce and Dulin.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, krunk said:

I agree on Legette. Watching the South Carolina offense they have very similar concepts to what you will see from the Colts during a game. A lot of crossers and verticals. I watched a video the other day that said 33 or so of his total catches went for 15 yards or more last season. 

He also gives us a nice run after catch game which we don't have. And he is good on speed sweeps, screens and reverses. You can get good use from him deep, middle and short. And he plays special teams. Both kickoff team and kick return which I think is key bc Ballard said when we lost Dulin last year we took a big hit. If it happens again you could slide Legette right into Dulin role and keep pushing I think. I don't think Pierce is immediately going to the bench. If we got Legette in year 1 I believe we would play him back and forth between Pierce and Dulin.

definitely agree, he’s everything Steichen wants and then some.  And he’s obtainable.  Reason why I said we may need to make moves in the second because there is going to be a run on WRs from the back of the first round and it will probably continue through the second.  So may need to get antsy and move from the 46 if he slides a little.  Bills, Chiefs, Ravens are just three teams in the first I see going WR.  Add in the second round teams and you can see where I’m getting at.

Regarding Pierce, unless the person we draft absolutely shows out in camp, Pierce should start.  He’s the vet, he’s familiar with what we do.  But if pierce isn’t doing the job and the rookie flashes, I can see Pierce moving to WR4.  I could be wrong, Pierce may show me up with AR and become that field stretcher we need.  But idk, unless Pierce is getting one on one looks, I don’t see anything changing.  I personally think not only do we need someone to push back the safties deep, but someone who can do it quickly and even find open spaces deep and that’s just something Pierce has yet to do consistently.  We’ll see.  

• Thanks 1

I would like to have a corner at 15 who has the potential to play some man and allow Bradley to be more flexible moving forward.. Based on the youth, play and injuries in the secondary last year, I don't have a lot of faith moving forward with this group. Now if all the elite corners are off the board when it comes to 15, then you go for best player available. There is no way that Ballard should be trading down.  This team lacks elite play makers and the further he moves down the board, it reduces the chance of getting a possible day one starter. He needs to stay at 15 and if anything move up and get a player that they covet. I think Steichen may have his finger on the trigger and I suspect he will have a lot to say who they are picking. Retaining Bradley tells me that Steichen feels it is talent and not coaching why this defense is horrible. He comes from Philly and they are not shy about making moves. This could be the year where we actually move up to get that guy.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DougDew said:

I don't disagree much. 

The problem I have with CB1 is, I don't know what that looks like under Gus or Flus.  I know what it looked like with Vontae in press, but zone?.....is there even a real CB1?

FS1?  Not sure I need pick 46 for that.  

RG:  I'm fine with French, or rotating FAs, or developing a mid round player.

WR1, I would not rely on pick 46 for that.  Its a prospect you think will be better than Pittman.  That prospect is probably ranked in round 1.  JMO.

Ramsey played under Gus when he coached the defense in Jacksonville. From what  I remember, that D was pretty impressive and then it all fell apart at Ramsey wanted out. It would be interesting to go back and see how Gus used Ramsey in that zone defense.  I believe one of his reasons  for wanting out was  his differences with the coaching staff.   I could be wrong but if i remember correctly, I thought he was somewhat perturbed by the fact that they had him playing more zone than  man. Ramsey is an elite man corner, and if Gus was not using him in a manner that  used  his skill set then more reason to be concerned about Gus. If Gus is not going to change his defense scheme at all to allow and allow for   more blitzing and man coverages. Then a corner is a waste at #15 as you would be getting a corner  who is primarily  a man corner.. Zone corners are found usually late in the 2nd and  3rd rounds. I was not in favour of retaining Gus. I don't believe in the style of defense he coaches and /or the personnel that is currently on  the roster, which is a Ballard issue.  I saw nothing last year that told me to expect anything different from this defense heading int the 2024 season. Now maybe Steichen has talked to Gus about the need to tweak his system and I think the draft is going to tell us how Gus is going to coach this year. They grab a corner at 15 , then  I would hopefully expect they use him based on his skill set. Past history tells us alot about the future and I think we are going to get more of the same out of Gus, but maybe I am wrong.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, smittywerb said:

definitely agree, he’s everything Steichen wants and then some.  And he’s obtainable.  Reason why I said we may need to make moves in the second because there is going to be a run on WRs from the back of the first round and it will probably continue through the second.  So may need to get antsy and move from the 46 if he slides a little.  Bills, Chiefs, Ravens are just three teams in the first I see going WR.  Add in the second round teams and you can see where I’m getting at.

Regarding Pierce, unless the person we draft absolutely shows out in camp, Pierce should start.  He’s the vet, he’s familiar with what we do.  But if pierce isn’t doing the job and the rookie flashes, I can see Pierce moving to WR4.  I could be wrong, Pierce may show me up with AR and become that field stretcher we need.  But idk, unless Pierce is getting one on one looks, I don’t see anything changing.  I personally think not only do we need someone to push back the safties deep, but someone who can do it quickly and even find open spaces deep and that’s just something Pierce has yet to do consistently.  We’ll see.  

If Pierce gets beat out in camp, I could still see him getting MANY snaps during a game.

Running a jet many times a game, wipes you out

There are at least 6 WRs that could fit the explosive role in this draft AND be available from picks 15 thru 46

I know the "theme" from many here is to take the best CB at 15 , and of course, I have no idea what they will do, but

My "gut" says that we will go in RD 1-2

WR-DL  OR DL-WR

Cam Hart and Khree Jackson are PERFECT for this ZONE defense that we play.

Mitchell is better, but Cam and Khyree can play this defense well, especially if we had a very good FS behind him

Both would (should) be available in round 3

WR-DL-CB

or

DL-WR-CB

So....... if that is MY prediction Ballard will probably go

OG-OG-OG

:)

• Like 7

9 hours ago, smittywerb said:

I think  we might be obsessed to much with a wr pick at 15. Ballard has shown us in 8 years how he values the position and I really don't think that will change. I think this draft is rich with receiver talent, so i dont see the need to grab one at 15. I think it is more important to target the top defensive players at 15 if they worthy of that high of a pick. We must also remember that Buckner's time with the Colts may be coming to an end soon.  Brown got big money with Carolina and Buckner maybe eyeing a big contract, which most likely be his last. He is 30 years old  and DT's usually hit a wall at this age. They could be targeting his replacement in the draft.  When predicting what they will do in the draft, you  kind of have to look at who they targeted in free agency. The whiffed on Hunter and Sneed, so they definitely see that as a top need. Could be DT, DE and Corner with their top pick. I also think the jury is still out on Pierce and this TE group. If Richardson plays up to the hype, I expect this group to  hopefully flourish. I could see a  take the top of the defense guy in the 3rd. This defense needs some young potential  playmakers on D because I really don't think there is a young D player that wows me.

• Like 1

Read a bit earlier that this is the strongest center class ever. Upwards of 10 identified that can start at some point this season. I wouldn’t be upset to utilize a mid round on one of them if possible. Life after Kelly has to be looked at seriously, and French isn’t it to me. Maybe they feel differently, but if we can find a versatile center/guard to stack and develop behind Kelly, I would do it. Based on his comments, I don’t feel he has much more to give, especially with those baby boys at home now. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Read a bit earlier that this is the strongest center class ever. Upwards of 10 identified that can start at some point this season. I wouldn’t be upset to utilize a mid round on one of them if possible. Life after Kelly has to be looked at seriously, and French isn’t it to me. Maybe they feel differently, but if we can find a versatile center/guard to stack and develop behind Kelly, I would do it. Based on his comments, I don’t feel he has much more to give, especially with those baby boys at home now. 

I am with you until the last line.  He was flat out ticked off when asked about retirement and pretty much said that thought hasn’t enter his mind.  Still I agree, I’d like a better back up then French or Pinter for that matter.  I’d be perfectly fine with drafting a center in the mid rounds that could potentially replace Kelly one day.  They could also help with the depth on the interior line which the Colts could use.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I am with you until the last line.  He was flat out ticked off when asked about retirement and pretty much said that thought hasn’t enter his mind.  Still I agree, I’d like a better back up then French or Pinter for that matter.  I’d be perfectly fine with drafting a center in the mid rounds that could potentially replace Kelly one day.  They could also help with the depth on the interior line which the Colts could use.  

I know what he said recently. There’s a reason he was asked that… 

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2023/12/9/23994923/nfl-culture-shift-player-safety-ryan-kelly-perspective

These are the comments I’m referring to. He’s had concussion problems. One more and I think he’ll hang it up. And I wouldn’t blame him one bit. Even then, drafting a center/guard that can add depth and develop under him for a few years (even if 3-4) would seem smart instead of getting caught with another surprise retirement. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Regarding the strength of the center/guard class….  Recently ESPN came out with their ranking of positions.   12 listed. 
Guard was 12th, dead last.   And center was 10th.   At center there were Zero with a first round grade and only 3 ranked in the top 100 total players.   So the rest are viewed as Day 3 picks.   

Not sure which website is calling this a great class of centers but ESPN’s view is the opposite.    Again….  FWIW.   

• Like 1

22 hours ago, krunk said:

Whenever I watch Legette I like him a lot. And then I look at his history of production(or lackthereof) prior to this year and his age and I get really worried. To me it's always a red flag when a player has 3-4 seasons of close to ZERO production and only gets good when he's 2-3 years older, stronger, more experienced than his competition. 

I don't know what to make of him. His film is good enough to be a second rounder, maybe even late 1st... have no idea what to do with the rest of it?!?

53 minutes ago, stitches said:

Whenever I watch Legette I like him a lot. And then I look at his history of production(or lackthereof) prior to this year and his age and I get really worried. To me it's always a red flag when a player has 3-4 seasons of close to ZERO production and only gets good when he's 2-3 years older, stronger, more experienced than his competition. 

I don't know what to make of him. His film is good enough to be a second rounder, maybe even late 1st... have no idea what to do with the rest of it?!?

Chad72 posted some info on the subject in the draft forum. Also I've talked to SC fans and they say they had other WR talent there that he was behind. Also some bad QB play.  I've seen Ballard comment on 5th year or more type seniors and he said you basically have to have a plan for it but it doesn't scare him away.  For me you just have to do your diligence. I mean Anthony Richardson didn't have much on his resume either so the Colts dug further in. I trust what I see in terms of his talent and his traits. I like that he was still on the up at the Senior Bowl, and I like that he always seemed to just fit against SEC competition last year.  Not the only guy I like but definitely one of my favorites 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Regarding the strength of the center/guard class….  Recently ESPN came out with their ranking of positions.   12 listed. 
Guard was 12th, dead last.   And center was 10th.   At center there were Zero with a first round grade and only 3 ranked in the top 100 total players.   So the rest are viewed as Day 3 picks.   

Not sure which website is calling this a great class of centers but ESPN’s view is the opposite.    Again….  FWIW.   

I know what the sites say. I can’t find the guy that posted it, but his point was he extensively reviews o-line each year, and said there’s ten or so that are better than what ranked. Implying that the draft is either going to have value at the position or be far different than what the mock’s are showing (which we already knew to be the case.)

2 hours ago, stitches said:

I'm trying to find a combine or senior bowl interview where someone asks him verbatim about the previous years. I found out that was an NFL offense they ran at South Carolina. The OC is Dowell Logan's who has been with several NFL teams. Xavier said it's been easy working with the NFL scouts and going on the white board. He recognized all the concepts and terminology.

On 4/5/2024 at 3:37 PM, Moosejawcolt said:

I think  we might be obsessed to much with a wr pick at 15. Ballard has shown us in 8 years how he values the position and I really don't think that will change. I think this draft is rich with receiver talent, so i dont see the need to grab one at 15. I think it is more important to target the top defensive players at 15 if they worthy of that high of a pick. We must also remember that Buckner's time with the Colts may be coming to an end soon.  Brown got big money with Carolina and Buckner maybe eyeing a big contract, which most likely be his last. He is 30 years old  and DT's usually hit a wall at this age. They could be targeting his replacement in the draft.  When predicting what they will do in the draft, you  kind of have to look at who they targeted in free agency. The whiffed on Hunter and Sneed, so they definitely see that as a top need. Could be DT, DE and Corner with their top pick. I also think the jury is still out on Pierce and this TE group. If Richardson plays up to the hype, I expect this group to  hopefully flourish. I could see a  take the top of the defense guy in the 3rd. This defense needs some young potential  playmakers on D because I really don't think there is a young D player that wows me.

Regarding WR, I wouldn’t mind it if that was our first pick, not what I prefer though.  This draft is so unique in relation with our needs because it could go so many ways and we’d still come out with some elite to good talent in the first three rounds.  

Regarding DT, I think we got a couple years before that is a thing.  I haven’t looked at the DT prospects this draft but read it’s not really all that.  But I wouldn’t be surprised if we grabbed someone this draft.  But you’re right about DE and Corner.  I can see us grabbing Turner if he falls.

And regarding Pierce, I agree also.  I think the person who is going to take his spot gets drafted this year.  If pierce was drafted in this year, he would probably be a third round prospect, so that says it all right there.  

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Not to diss on ESPN, but I definitely feel JPJ is a 1st round OC, so it already veers off course there for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

Not to diss on ESPN, but I definitely feel JPJ is a 1st round OC, so it already veers off course there for me.

Jeff Saturday was an undrafted free agent ( Ravens) I wonder where ESPN had him ranked? When dealing with humans, the draft is a crap shoot.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Jeff Saturday was an undrafted free agent ( Ravens) I wonder where ESPN had him ranked? When dealing with humans, the draft is a crap shoot.

It is but the success rate of higher draft picks is much higher than undrafted free agents.  Saturday was an exception and a GREAT find by Polian.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I won’t call it a crap shoot, but there’s definitely no sure thing. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Well, only about 1/3 of first round draft pics are signed to a second contract.

Which is way more than undrafted free agents that even make final rosters let alone second contracts.

9 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I know what the sites say. I can’t find the guy that posted it, but his point was he extensively reviews o-line each year, and said there’s ten or so that are better than what ranked. Implying that the draft is either going to have value at the position or be far different than what the mock’s are showing (which we already knew to be the case.)

I found it earlier- it wasn’t all time, it was over the past several drafts. 4 I think. Said there 10 that he projects will be starters during their rookie contracts. if we can get a mid to late round center to add and compete with French, I wouldn’t be upset. That’s a low risk, high reward pick to add depth and potential future center that times with whatever Kelly does. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Solid84 said:

FWIW:   The two guys who over-see stats Inc for ESPN, were both college offensive lineman.    Maybe they gave him ranked just outside the top 32?   Thats not an insult.    Plus there are just so many other analysts at ESPN doing the draft.   Those two guys aren’t the only guys.  Far from it. 

38 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Well, only about 1/3 of first round draft pics are signed to a second contract.

Not trying to be argumentative, but I don’t think the stat you posted is correct.   

I believe it’s closer to this….  

1/3 of first round picks are stars. 

1/3 of first round picks don’t play up to their first round selection.  But they play to Day 2 or Day 3 level.  And they get  second contract. 

1/3 of first round picks wash out and don’t get a second contract.  

I think this is closer to reality of first round picks.   

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

not trying to be argumentative, but I don’t think the stat you posted is correct.   

1/3 of first round picks don’t play up to their first round selection.  But they play to Day 2 or Day 3 level.  And they get  second contract. 

Look it up.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Not trying to be argumentative, but I don’t think the stat you posted is correct.   

I'm guessing he means signed to a 2nd contract with the team that drafted him

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, stitches said:

I think this article will answer some of those questions you have. Basically there were times he was buried on the depth chart early in his career. This is what motivated him to start playing special teams. At least one of those guys was All SEC. One year he played 6 games and then he had a season ending injury. Another year he had a motorcycle accident. Honestly his opportunity just opened up in 2023 for the most part.

"His work ethic is crazy," Collier said. "He just works at his craft. He perfects his craft, and going against him in practice every day makes me a better DB. So, I mean, what he does in practice, it translates to the field on Saturday. That's just X."

"What he’s doing right now is nutty, but, I mean, it’s no surprise to anybody,” Knox said. “Dude works his butt off day in and day out, practices the right way, takes care of his body and (is) just always in the film room. So, there’s no surprise to anybody — he works harder than anybody I’ve ever seen.”

https://www.dailygamecock.com/article/2023/10/coaches-teammates-say-gamecock-wide-receivers-breakout-season-comes-down-to-work-ethic-he-works-harder-than-anybody-ive-ever-seen-sports-poteat

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Quinyon Mitchell CB would be a great pick at 15. He’s exactly what this team needs. Shutdown CB with elite physical tools and a high IQ.  If he’s not available then my next choices at 15 would be 

Brock Bowers TE

Brian Thomas JR WR

Terrion Arnold CB

Taliese Fuaga OT/OG

Xavier Worthy WR

• Like 1

5 hours ago, krunk said:

Jermaine Burton from Alabama I like too!

Another one of my under the radar favorites. It seems like there are attitude/character concerns with him. He had problems with that both in Georgia and Alabama... this is another one where our scouts will have to do their jobs on the background of the player about whether he can be trusted and picked high(likely will have to pick him on day 2 if you want him). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stitches said:

Another one of my under the radar favorites. It seems like there are attitude/character concerns with him. He had problems with that both in Georgia and Alabama... this is another one where our scouts will have to do their jobs on the background of the player about whether he can be trusted and picked high(likely will have to pick him on day 2 if you want him). 

Yes. I can tell he is a fiery guy like Pickens.

To me if we have a rotation with Pierce, Legette, Dulin, Downs, Pittman. Now we are talking explosive. Especially with AR at QB and Taylor at RB pushing the RPO and play action game. And Woods at TE. You can forget stopping us at all if we picked up Bowers at 15 to upgrade on Granson for the H Back.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2024 at 3:21 AM, smittywerb said:

I can't think of a worse move in this draft than a WR at 15

Let’s be honest, who really wanted Quinyon Mitchell? I find it funny a lot of the years when players do really well at combine there stocks rise up and now people want that player and are super in love with them. Like they were never wanted before the combine and when they have good stats they are just so good and need to be had. 

12 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Let’s be honest, who really wanted Quinyon Mitchell? I find it funny a lot of the years when players do really well at combine there stocks rise up and now people want that player and are super in love with them. Like they were never wanted before the combine and when they have good stats they are just so good and need to be had. 

To be fair, Mitchell stock started to rise after senior bowl week, was solidified with combine.

• Like 2