Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have the 15th pick in the draft. (MERGE)

I think it's possible the Colts are going to take a FS high in this draft.  Maybe Day 1 or Day 2

I don't think it will be a corner because they like some of the young guys 

who are already on the roster. Corner in this draft I think they will just add

quality depth competition. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, w87r said:

It's all just click bait at the end of the day. Trying to keep people engaged during this slow time, leading up to the draft.  Fans clamoring for information.

I think it’s a waste of time but they have a lot of days to kill up to the draft so it’s Deja vu all over again.

17 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think it's possible the Colts are going to take a FS high in this draft.  Maybe Day 1 or Day 2

Idk why but all of a sudden I was just looking around at some stuff and saw Dejean mocked to us at #15(not first time I've saw that), for some reason it started maybe connecting in my head.

Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Maybe that is the plan.

Dejean at FS, Cross at SS.

Still need a vet back there though.

Idk? Even though this off-season has seemed slow, (we signed 14 guys, whether our guys or not) and unentertaining, I couldn't be more excited about the possibilities that are out in front of us.

The unknown is a little exhilarating.

So many possibilities.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, w87r said:

Idk why but all of a sudden I was just looking around at some stuff and saw Dejean mocked to us at #15(not first time I've saw that), for some reason it started maybe connecting in my head.

Maybe that is the plan.

Idk? Even though this off-season has seemed slow, (we signed 14 guys, whether our guys or not) and unentertaining, I couldn't be more excited about the possibilities that are out in front of us.

So many possibilities.

I think Dejean is a definite possibility for our pick at 15.  I don’t believe he worked out at the combine due to an injury.  I read he’s completely healthy and will go through the drills at his pro day which is coming up shortly.  He will probably kill it and jump up the draft boards falling right into our laps.  There is no consensus on his best position in the NFL.  Safety or cornerback.  He’s a great kick returner as well.  I think Ballard could be very tempted to pick Dejean.  Big 10.  Very versatile.  I could see him  really liking him.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I think Dejean is a definite possibility for our pick at 15.  I don’t believe he worked out at the combine due to an injury.  I read he’s completely healthy and will go through the drills at his pro day which is coming up shortly.  He will probably kill it and jump up the draft boards falling right into our laps.  There is no consensus on his best position in the NFL.  Safety or cornerback.  He’s a great kick returner as well.  I think Ballard could be very tempted to pick Dejean.  Big 10.  Very versatile.  I could see him  really liking him.

FWIW:   Iowa’s pro day was back on March 18th.    So I’m sure Dejean will be having a private workout for teams in the weeks to come.    This is common for players who have missed both the combine and pro day no matter the reason,  injury or illness. There is still plenty of time. 

6 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

what are they based off? I’ve noticed some change in them recently as certain players are inching up towards the 1st round/out of. Is that just based on pro-day news and what not?

I believe the people who do mock simulations have already loaded up on info from the combine.   And now they load up info from pro days.   I play some of these simulations and I see what gets posted on the draft pages.   I’ve always found the results look much more realistic once April comes.   Just my opinion.  I’ve never read anything that confirms this. Just what I see posted here.   

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

FWIW:   Iowa’s pro day was back on March 18th.    So I’m sure Dejean will be having a private workout for teams in the weeks to come.    This is common for players who have missed both the combine and pro day no matter the reason,  injury or illness. There is still plenty of time. 

I read he’s returning to Iowa city for his workout April 15th.  He was at the pro day it held off working out.  Not quite ready.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

I just don’t think Ballard values the secondary much. 

I think this generally true.  Of the three levels, DL would be first, LB second, secondary third.   

Im extremely curious if there’s been a change in philosophy.   An article last summer from Bucky Brooks….  He interviewed all teams that run a 4-3 defense and reported that half of them now view LB as no better than a Day 3 pick.   They view LB as the RB of the defense — devalued — because so many LBers come off the field for more corners and/or safeties.   

So the question becomes….   Is Ballard now one of those GMs who think that?   Or does he try to draft Shaq Leonard 2.0?  

We may find out on Day 2, Friday the 26th.

7 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Colts don't have 15th pick anymore

ok, it's just a mock draft

Destin Adams 

Evil Laugh Purposes GIF

That's my trade that I've been looking at, although it would cost sending #82 back as well.

It is actually even points on trade chart..  whatever that means.

#15 + #82

For

#27 + #35

• Like 2

Just now, w87r said:

That's my trade that I've been looking at, although it would cost sending #82 back as well.

#15 + #82

For

#27 + #35

if we can find a way to keep 82, I would love it. 

I think we can land three really good players at 27, 35, and 46 

6 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

if we can find a way to keep 82, I would love it. 

I think we can land three really good players at 27, 35, and 46 

Maybe #117(60pts) and 2025 3rd(95th pick pts 120pts), in #82's place?

#15 - 1050pts

#82 - 180pts

1230pts

#27 - 680pts

#35 - 550pts

1230pts

They have to be willing and wanting to move up, losing 180pts won't be too enticing to them. Like I said it's perfect match on points.

Worth the sacrifice of #82, to have #27, #35 and #46. If in fact we decide to trade back. Would much rather the 4th and '25 3rd though.

At least until next year comes along and we don't have a 3rd. Lol.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, w87r said:

Maybe #117(60pts) and 2025 3rd(95th pick pts 120pts), in #82's place?

#15 - 1050pts

#82 - 180pts

1230pts

#27 - 680pts

#35 - 550pts

1230pts

They have to be willing and wanting to move up, losing 180pts won't be too enticing to them. Like I said it's perfect match on points.

Worth the sacrifice of #82, to have #27, #35 and #46. If in fact we decide to trade back. Would much rather the 4th and '25 3rd though.

At least until next year comes along and we don't have a 3rd. Lol.

Makes sense.

Anyway, you stand to lose 3rd round pick unless the other GM is desperate to trade up on lesser terms.. it's ok to lose #82, if you're getting 3 picks in the nice range of #27 to #46.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, w87r said:

#15 + #82

For

#27 + #35

Find a way to get Budda Baker as part of the trade back then I’m good.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, krunk said:

What a waste of a pick if they take a safety high. This safety class is nothing special. 

6 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

What a waste of a pick if they take a safety high. This safety class is nothing special. 

It doesn’t matter if the class is special if the guy you take is good.  Look at the QB class the year the Colts took Manning it was not good but that Manning kid did alright.  

I am still convinced they are going safety high.  I still expect a vet safety to be signed at some point.

2 hours ago, w87r said:

#15 + #82

For

#27 + #35

Would much rather get Arizona’s 2025 1st over their 35th pick in that deal. Then at 27 get AD Mitchell. 

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think this generally true.  Of the three levels, DL would be first, LB second, secondary third.   

Im extremely curious if there’s been a change in philosophy.   An article last summer from Bucky Brooks….  He interviewed all teams that run a 4-3 defense and reported that half of them now view LB as no better than a Day 3 pick.   They view LB as the RB of the defense — devalued — because so many LBers come off the field for more corners and/or safeties.   

So the question becomes….   Is Ballard now one of those GMs who think that?   Or does he try to draft Shaq Leonard 2.0?  

We may find out on Day 2, Friday the 26th.

I don't think we're drafting LB until day 3. There are a few guys that are good enough to go day 2, but I just don't think it's a priority and I'm getting the same feeling with Safety. We'll see I guess.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BProland85 said:

The guy has to be special according to the Colts scouting. Who cares what people think of the class. Depending on the scenario I can't completely rule it out. Especially if they know Blackmon isn't coming back. I think if they wanted a vet there they would have obtained one already. Still some room after the draft I guess.

9 hours ago, w87r said:

Maybe that is the plan.

So many possibilities.

Our definition of a busy off-season is resigning our own guys for the most part.  I'm not sure they go with a vet if they can find an Antoine Bethea type guy in the draft who can be tossed in there, take his lumps and adapt.

• Like 1

I have to bring this up.

During Ballards interviews these are some comments I heard him make on the WR position. And then other stuff is just common sense. Richard Pallo you pointed this out when we talked a while ago 

I heard him say "We like Alec Pierce"

I heard him say " Losing Dulin was a major blow"

His stance on Pittman is obvious

And we know they like Downs

That is 4 WR so I'm asking myself if all these things are true then if we draft a WR it's probably going to be a guy like Worthy or somebody else with some speed who can come in and play special teams and the 4th or 5th WR. Otherwise for as much as I've been wanting to get rid of Pierce, if the Colts still like him then where is the room for a high draft pick to play immediately? Chris to me sounded like he blamed himself for not having a good replacement for Dulin when he got injured. I'm kind of preparing myself for this possibility unless there is a WR on the board who the Colts just can't pass up.

Off topic just watching some of this film I noticed AR hit Ogletree up about 3 times. I gotta imagine what things look like with Woods in the mix. And what that looks like if they grab Bowers as an upgrade on Granson. If we had a trio like that I would call that getting more explosive.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, w87r said:

#15 + #82

For

#27 + #35

imo ballard values number of total picks he would not trade 2 for 2 it would have to be 2 for 3

43 minutes ago, krunk said:

I have to bring this up.

During Ballards interviews these are some comments I heard him make on the WR position. And then other stuff is just common sense. Richard Pallo you pointed this out when we talked a while ago 

I heard him say "We like Alec Pierce"

I heard him say " Losing Dulin was a major blow"

His stance on Pittman is obvious

And we know they like Downs

That is 4 WR so I'm asking myself if all these things are true then if we draft a WR it's probably going to be a guy like Worthy or somebody else with some speed who can come in and play special teams and the 4th or 5th WR. Otherwise for as much as I've been wanting to get rid of Pierce, if the Colts still like him then where is the room for a high draft pick to play immediately? Chris to me sounded like he blamed himself for not having a good replacement for Dulin when he got injured. I'm kind of preparing myself for this possibility unless there is a WR on the board who the Colts just can't pass up.

Off topic just watching some of this film I noticed AR hit Ogletree up about 3 times. I gotta imagine what things look like with Woods in the mix. And what that looks like if they grab Bowers as an upgrade on Granson. If we had a trio like that I would call that getting more explosive.

i was big on dulin before he got hurt dont know if he can be the same now

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

imo ballard values number of total picks he would not trade 2 for 2 it would have to be 2 for 3

Based on Ballards drafts in 2018-2020 where he had picks in that range, I think he would do this trade if offered. This is Ballards sweet spot for drafting. I realize we moved down from 3 to 6 to get a lot of these 2nd round picks in this range those years, but Ballard loves his round 2 picks. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

It doesn’t matter if the class is special if the guy you take is good.  Look at the QB class the year the Colts took Manning it was not good but that Manning kid did alright.  

I am still convinced they are going safety high.  I still expect a vet safety to be signed at some point.

I'll admit, I was 4 when Manning was drafted, so I don't remember the draft itself, but wasn't he almost universally considered to be the best QB prospect since Elway?

18 hours ago, w87r said:

Maybe that is the plan.

So many possibilities.

Calen Bulloch and Tyler Nubin are the two guys I like the most. I think they are very good at what they do. But Dejean is up there too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DattMavis said:

I'll admit, I was 4 when Manning was drafted, so I don't remember the draft itself, but wasn't he almost universally considered to be the best QB prospect since Elway?

Nope. In fact many were pounding their fist for us to take Ryan Leaf over Peyton. 

On 3/30/2024 at 10:15 PM, Hoose said:

I don’t see the Jets picking Bowers. They just signed Mike Williams and now have some decent receiving depth. What they don’t have is a good O-line. There will

be some outstanding OT’s available with the 10th pick. They need to protect Rogers to go anywhere this year, and a plug and play OT will be there for them. Makes too much sense. 
So I’m with those who believe Bowers has a decent chance to be there at 15 for the Colts. It should prove to be an unusually good spot (more so than other years)to get a quality starter or trade down for more draft gold. The Colts are in a good drafting situation right now. 

Didn't the Jets sign LT Tyron Smith in FA?  He's a top 10 LT,  IIRC.   Would they take a G over Bowers?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Didn't the Jets sign LT Tyron Smith in FA?  He's a top 10 LT,  IIRC.   Would they take a G over Bowers?

I would think they'd take Bowers. I just don't see him falling to us. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Just like with RG3 over Luck.

Yep. 

Imagine if Robert and Andrew could've stayed healthy and kept on playing. That 2012 QB draft class had potential to be the greatest of all time... 

2020's with Burrow, Tua, Herbert, Hurts and Love is really looking good at the moment too. 

On 3/30/2024 at 1:03 PM, w87r said:

This trade idea(article of 7 most plausible deals)is probably pretty accurate look at what it might take to get to #9 if we were to move up.(Not seeing it, more likely to move back)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10114751-the-7-most-plausible-2024-nfl-draft-day-trades.amp.html

"Colts Get: 2024 Round 1 Pick (No. 9)

Bears Get: 2024 Round 1 Pick (No. 15), 2024 Round 3 Pick (No. 82), 2024 Round 4 Pick (No. 117), 2025 Round 3 Pick

Harrison might be the first pass-catcher off the board, but he probably won't be the only one to go early on Day 1.

The B/R Scouting Department has three receivers—Harrison, LSU's Malik Nabers and Washington's Rome Odunze—ranked inside its top 10 prospects. Georgia tight end Brock Bowers is also ranked No. 2 overall behind only Harrison.

It feels unlikely that all four of the top pass-catchers will fall out of the top 10, even if four quarterbacks are in that range. The Patriots and Giants should be interested in receivers if they don't take signal-callers. The Atlanta Falcons could also seek another playmaker to put around Kirk Cousins."

Here's a couple good articles from PFF CB + S draft breakdowns.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2024-nfl-draft-cornerback-prospect-superlatives

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2024-nfl-draft-safety-prospect-superlatives

List for all positions:(the 2 above just popped up first for me)

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2024-nfl-draft-prospect-superlatives-every-position

I've seen this rumor posted on another site as well so not sure if it's picking up steam or are others just echoing the same rumor.

Who would Ballard get at 9 ? Bowers or MHJ ?

Or maybe Ballard jumps from 9 to 5 to assure the MHJ pick ?

Irsay wants MHJ so maybe Ballard makes it happen ?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

I've seen this rumor posted on another site as well so not sure if it's picking up steam or are others just echoing the same rumor.

Who would Ballard get at 9 ? Bowers or MHJ ?

Or maybe Ballard jumps from 9 to 5 to assure the MHJ pick ?

Irsay wants MHJ so maybe Ballard makes it happen ?

Probably be Bowers or Odunze, can't imagine MHJ makes it to #9.

If it cost 4 picks to get to 9, it will cost even more draft capital to go from 9 to 5. 50 additional points on trade chart. Whatever that means. 

Think I will post a thread after the draft and evaluate draft trades, against the common draft value charts that are out there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I don't know if this has been posted before, but Brock Bowers please..

I wouldn't be disappointed with Malachi Corley either.

12 hours ago, DattMavis said:

No. He was considered a potentially A+, but a lot of draft experts doubted his arm strength and wondered if he was too "robotic." A LOT of the experts loved Ryan Leaf. Bigger arm, bigger physically. Some said he'd be a better version of Terry Bradshaw. Colts have later denied this, but I think they made their mind up at the combine when Leaf blew off his interview with Polian et al...

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I don't know if this has been posted before, but Brock Bowers please..

I wonder how this looks including screens. Bowers caught plenty of those and was productive with them.

7 minutes ago, Superman said:

I wonder how this looks including screens. Bowers caught plenty of those and was productive with them.

Pretty sure it has including screens with the "overall". Where it shifts to grey from green.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Superman said:

Just now, w87r said:

Pretty sure it has including screens with the "overall". Where it shifts to grey from green.

Yup, it’s the grey part of the line - “Overall”. 

• Like 1