Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have the 15th pick in the draft. (MERGE)

18 hours ago, Superman said:

@Smonroe

Sharing this as an example of what I was talking about with Chase Young, the substandard effort and lack of impact.

Apparently they’re considering benching him for taking plays off.   We’ll see if that’s a threat or if they’re serious.  

I don’t know what happened to him.  I don’t remember him being a problem at The Ohio State.  And I know he was excited at joining Bosa again.  Plus it’s a contract year.  

Something doesn’t add up.

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Apparently they’re considering benching him for taking plays off.   We’ll see if that’s a threat or if they’re serious.  

I don’t know what happened to him.  I don’t remember him being a problem at The Ohio State.  And I know he was excited at joining Bosa again.  Plus it’s a contract year.  

I saw a tweet about them possibly benching him, but I think it turned out to be bogus. I guess we'll see in a couple weeks.

He might not be in his best shape, and was gassed at that point of the game. The Lions were punching the Niners in the gut for most of the first half, maybe he was super winded. I don't want to reduce him to one bad moment. But I've seen other plays where he didn't look good, and his impact has been minimal since the trade. 

He's obviously super talented, but he's not impacting the game or producing like you would expect.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Superman said:

I saw a tweet about them possibly benching him, but I think it turned out to be bogus. I guess we'll see in a couple weeks.

He might not be in his best shape, and was gassed at that point of the game. The Lions were punching the Niners in the gut for most of the first half, maybe he was super winded. I don't want to reduce him to one bad moment. But I've seen other plays where he didn't look good, and his impact has been minimal since the trade. 

He's obviously super talented, but he's not impacting the game or producing like you would expect.

I saw a couple articles about them benching him, but they all point out the same play.  TBH, I didn’t even notice him in the game, which isn’t a good thing.

He wasn’t good inSF all year, and it could be he’s not in shape or he has a nagging injury.  But if he shows out in the next game, you know all that will be forgiven come FA time.  Either way, I don’t see him as a Ballard guy.  

• Like 1

On 1/27/2024 at 8:43 AM, TheBlueAndWhite said:

I don't disagree, but legette has much higher upside, better build and is an animal after the catch, plus has great hands, i don't mind brian thomas or nabors, keon coleman, etc. but whe i see legette play, he reminds me very much of DK metcalf, in build and catching ability. 

Nevermind I mixed him up with somebody else lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BProland85 said:

What’s the status on Jefferson in Minnesota? I’ve heard he’s yet to be extended. Would love dealing our 1st for him. 

Ya think it might take a little bit more than a first to get Justin Jefferson?!?  Besides, he’ll eventually get signed or tagged.   He's not going anywhere. 

2 hours ago, BProland85 said:

What’s the status on Jefferson in Minnesota? I’ve heard he’s yet to be extended. Would love dealing our 1st for him. 

Vikings are working on QB change, currently Kirk wants to try other options. I think they're not worried about keeping JJ at this point. They may be waiting to clear things up on few stuff before getting back to him. 

14 hours ago, Stephen said:

I do like the speed of brian thomas Jr he might be the fastest  of the wrs gets open quickly  and is off to the races

man, if Brian Thomas is available I say we take him.  Trade back into the first in the 20s if possible without giving up too much and grab kool aid for corner.  If bowers is still available I’d say grab him instead.

Here an interesting video I came across about best and worst teams at drafting since 2012. Seahawks and Chiefs lead the way by a substantial margin, with the Ravens, Cowboys and Packers coming in behind. Browns and Jets are by far the worst. Colts are sitting at a dead even value of 0 middle of the pack. 

On 1/30/2024 at 3:43 PM, Smonroe said:

He is a shell of the player that he once may have been because of injuries.

I think most comments seem to be debating over which playmaker should be picked over others.  Seems to be rearranging the furniture, IMO.  I would wager than at least 90% of the forum members would be happy with a new...better...playmaker at any of these positions:

S

CB

LB

EDGE

DT (if you think Buck is getting older, a replacement on a rookie deal looks pretty good)

WR

TE

There seem to be no need for a QB, LT, or RB at pick 15....and god forbid we pick another Oline position there.

That covers pretty much any one of the 11 positions of defense could use a player at 15.  And 2 of the 5 playmaking positions on offense.

Golly, that's a lot of options.  Too many for my usual pre-draft look at needs and players to not require a lot of time.  We got so many options/needs for any kind of playmaker, it makes my head spin.  I'll just have to sit this draft out for the most part and watch which position gets the need filled.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

I think most comments seem to be debating over which playmaker should be picked over others.  Seems to be rearranging the furniture, IMO.  I would wager than at least 90% of the forum members would be happy with a new...better...playmaker at any of these positions:

S

CB

LB

EDGE

DT (if you think Buck is getting older, a replacement on a rookie deal looks pretty good)

WR

TE

There seem to be no need for a QB, LT, or RB at pick 15....and god forbid we pick another Oline position there.

That covers pretty much any one of the 11 positions of defense could use a player at 15.  And 2 of the 5 playmaking positions on offense.

Golly, that's a lot of options.  Too many for my usual pre-draft look at needs and players to not require a lot of time.  We got so many options/needs for any kind of playmaker, it makes my head spin.  I'll just have to sit this draft out for the most part.

Something tells me you won't.   But we can hope

4 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

He is a shell of the player that he once may have been because of injuries.

For his sake, I hope it’s an injury that he can get over.  If it’s because he’s out of shape, or his head isn’t in the game, he’s going to cost himself a lot of money.  

He was awesome at The OSU and his first year with the Commodes.  And he was excited to join Bosa again.  Very weird.  

If he can return to form, he’s a force and would be a great pickup.  

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Something tells me you won't.   But we can hope

Your something is giving you a bad take.   OTOH, my "something" always gives me perfect takes, but that's another convo.

I certainly will sit it out.  Its already February and I've not even looked at the college players...other than Bowers....way behind schedule for me.  

I pity the folks who will have to look at every S, CB, LB, EDGE, WR, TE, and possibly DT to decide which of those many players at those many needs would be best at 15.   I don't have the energy to even get started. 

What I'll say is that if the pick is at any one of those positions, and its not some sort of special wonky consensus reach of some sort, then it will be a good pick.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DougDew said:

S

CB

LB

EDGE

WR

TE

Golly, that's a lot of options.  Too many for my usual pre-draft look at needs and players to not require a lot of time.  We got so many options/needs for any kind of playmaker, it makes my head spin.  I'll just have to sit this draft out for the most part and watch which position gets the need filled.

What you said  ^^^ but there's always the chance of Ballard trading back and getting 2 less impactfull players to add to the roster.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

What you said  ^^^ but there's always the chance of Ballard trading back and getting 2 less impactfull players to add to the roster.

Why does it matter?  You think it's all rigged?

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I suppose. 

I think with so many needs for impactful players at so many positions, finding one should be so easy a caveman could do it.  Provided that Ballard, Dodds, and Brown don't completely whiff on the talent evaluation part of it.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That isn’t why he trades  back. He trades  back when there are multiple players he wants still available.

Trade backs are useful if your needs aren't addressed in FA,.so multiple picks become more financially friendly. 

17 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Not one credible person... on earth...  in the milky way.... 

That's putting a lot of people on internet and social media and ex players and fans down. haha

What Is Going On GIF by Aurora Consulting - EIDL Consulting

We disagree and I doubt I'll be debating with you further. 

......btw, you thought enough of my opinions that you tried to trick me into giving you my football picks!!! haha

Have a nice day 

3 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

That's putting a lot of people on internet and social media and ex players and fans down. haha

Because you have nothing.   The idea that sports are rigged and Vegas would have to be involved is complete lunacy.   You spew nonsense and act like those that know it's nonsense are the dumb ones.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

......btw, you thought enough of my opinions that you tried to trick me into giving you my football picks!!! haha

Have a nice day 

I never cared about your sports bets.   I wanted to bet against you.  You were scared and dreamt up the nonsense I wanted to steal your picks.  Obviously nonsense.  I do just fine on my own .  You should win every pick if it's all rigged

3 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I never cared about your sports bets.   I wanted to bet against you.  You were scared and dreamt up the nonsense I wanted to steal your picks.  Obviously nonsense.  I do just fine on my own .  You should win every pick if it's all rigged

I do ok  but don't win every bet since roger Goodell doesn't consult me  with the script. 

And the HC's of the brownies & dolphins never said ahead of time that their owners were paying them to tank. And neither did super bowl MVP Dwight Smith say that they were going to know the offensive plays from the raiders in advance!  haha

On 2/2/2024 at 6:38 PM, DougDew said:

S

CB

LB

EDGE

WR

TE

The 15th pick has to be offense.

Get the best playmaker WR or TE available. 

If bowers is there you have to pull the trigger. 

Get AR every tool possible to be successful. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I do ok  but don't win every bet since roger Goodell doesn't consult me  with the script. 

And the HC's of the brownies & dolphins never said ahead of time that their owners were paying them to tank. And neither did super bowl MVP Dwight Smith say that they were going to know the offensive plays from the raiders in advance!  haha

No,  Brian Flores and Hue Jackson both backtracked when pressed for evidence.   Dwight Smith did say they know what the Raiders plays were.   Odd the Raiders scored 21 points.  Let me know when any fired GM or ref comes forward with any evidence.   Are you really so naive to think vegas would put action on predetermined outcomes?  Get real

Also I'm guessing Jim Kelly would have a beef after losing 4 straight superbowls.  Also guessing Jerry Jones and his billions would have a superbowl in the last 30 years.   Keep that tin foil hat tight though

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The fact people legitimately think the NFL is rigged both astounds me and amuse me.

13 hours ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

which credible person would you believe? 

A real news organization with legit proof and not just wild speculation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

The fact people legitimately think the NFL is rigged both astounds me and amuse me.

I dont think it is rigged, but its absolutely not as impossible as many people seem to think. The NBA was rigged for gambling purposes by owners and refs as recently as the 00's. 

4 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

what exactly has given you complete faith in a multi-billion dollar industry? 

todays media has faced a lot of scrutiny for misleading the general public. 

why over the years has “home ref” become a thing? 

6 hours ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

what exactly has given you complete faith in a multi-billion dollar industry? 

todays media has faced a lot of scrutiny for misleading the general public. 

why over the years has “home ref” become a thing? 

I am not getting into a debate about how trust worthy the media is.  That’s not what this place is for.  You asked a question.  I gave an answer.  If you don’t want to accept it that’s up to you.

10 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

I dont think it is rigged, but its absolutely not as impossible as many people seem to think. The NBA was rigged for gambling purposes by owners and refs as recently as the 00's. 

Other than Tim Donaghy,  what was rigged in the NBA?  Donaghy did prison time by the way

• Like 3

On 2/4/2024 at 9:24 AM, PRnum1 said:

The 15th pick has to be offense.

Get the best playmaker WR or TE available. 

If bowers is there you have to pull the trigger. 

Get AR every tool possible to be successful. 

Bowers will never be there at 15. He is graded as generational and with the impact TE's are having on the game, I would expect at least a top 10 pick.  Even though people love Marvin, it could be argued that Bowers could be more impactful because of his skill set to a young qb. The great Bill Walsh always felt that a wr is the last position that you draft and some would argue that the game has changed. It is funny because if you look at the last 4 teams in the play offs, they were mostly there because they were solid up front and not because of elite wr play. I have been beating the drum for a wr at 15 but like others have pointed out, we need play makers at just about every position. To me, I really dont care who they pick at 15. My concern based on previous drafts is that the player chosen will not become an elite play maker. Sure, the RAS will be out of this world, but Ballard tends to pick on upside rather than what that player has actually done in college. I just want a football player at 15 with 3 years of great tape!! I will worry about how high he can jump and how fast he can run later on.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Bowers will never be there at 15. He is graded as generational and with the impact TE's are having on the game, I would expect at least a top 10 pick.  Even though people love Marvin, it could be argued that Bowers could be more impactful because of his skill set to a young qb. The great Bill Walsh always felt that a wr is the last position that you draft and some would argue that the game has changed. It is funny because if you look at the last 4 teams in the play offs, they were mostly there because they were solid up front and not because of elite wr play. I have been beating the drum for a wr at 15 but like others have pointed out, we need play makers at just about every position. To me, I really dont care who they pick at 15. My concern based on previous drafts is that the player chosen will not become an elite play maker. Sure, the RAS will be out of this world, but Ballard tends to pick on upside rather than what that player has actually done in college. I just want a football player at 15 with 3 years of great tape!! I will worry about how high he can jump and how fast he can run later on.

The only way in my opinion to get an elite playmaker guaranteed at pick 15 is to trade for that player.  Just like Ballard did for Buckner.  This could be the year he does it again.  Most likely WR or ER if I were him.  Three years of NFL tape beats three years of college tape every day for me.

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Other than Tim Donaghy,  what was rigged in the NBA?  Donaghy did prison time by the way

Believe what you want to believe but he claims that many other refs were involved as well as a few owners. Of course the NBA will deny this till the end of time. He also claims it happens in all sports right in front of our eyes. Of course its up to the people to believe what they choose to believe. Also him doing prison time has nothing to do with the fact that it happened in the first place. 

47 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Believe what you want to believe but he claims that many other refs were involved as well as a few owners. Of course the NBA will deny this till the end of time. He also claims it happens in all sports right in front of our eyes. Of course its up to the people to believe what they choose to believe. Also him doing prison time has nothing to do with the fact that it happened in the first place. 

He claimed a lot of things trying to save his own skin.   The US government investigation lasted quite awhile. Nothing could be corroborated.  The leagues are sitting on goldmines.   There is no reason to put it at risk