Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I tried, I am not Chloe Oh No Reaction GIF by WWE

I think your Stone Cold meme was during the 1997 Royal Rumble when Bret Hart came out. Stone Cold cleared the ring and Bret Hart's music sounded lol.

• Like 2

Just now, Yoshinator said:

I think your Stond Cold meme was during the 1997 Royal Rumble when Bret Hart came out. Stone Cold cleared the ring and Bret Hart's music sounded lol.

Yeah, I remember that I still watched a little back then. I think it is. I watched Wrestling all the time during the 80's, it was wild back then. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yoshinator said:

Yeah, I'll be upset if it doesn't happen. Especially if the contract is the reason it didn't happen and Ballard didn't want to pay $22 million a year. If the reason is that KC wanted a 1st rounder + something else, then it's more understandable. However, if we don't get it done, then we've wasted a lot of time in FA waiting while not signing anyone and it could be a costly risk. Ballard has to get this done, even if he overpays slightly in $ or draft capital.

Exactly. If it’s about money it’s do or die at this point. We’ve been exceptionally quiet the past few days, so to me something seems to be brewing. But to your point we have also let a lot of great talent get signed elsewhere by sitting on the sidelines.

If word gets out that things fell through over a couple million watch out lol. It won’t be pretty. 

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, I remember that I still watched a little back then. I think it is. I watched Wrestling all the time during the 80's, it was wild back then. 

Yeah, I started watching in 1990. The first event I remember was the Survivor Series. The Undertaker debuted. I was hooked after that. Loved the attitude era though. That was my favorite time of wrestling. WWF/WCW/ECW all the same time. Great time to grow up.

1 minute ago, Yoshinator said:

Yeah, I started watching in 1990. The first event I remember was the Survivor Series. The Undertaker debuted. I was hooked after that. Loved the attitude era though. That was my favorite time of wrestling. WWF/WCW/ECW all the same time. Great time to grow up.

Yeah the 90's were really good too. Undertaker was a scary dude. The newer guys are good too, it is still entertaining. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Leonard was a 3-time All-Pro.

Thank you. For the sake of discussion please continue, even those that "should" have been Pro Bowlers. Franklin? There are some really good 3 down LB's. He fails at that. 

We're talking 7 years here.

Name another of Ballard's defense draft picks that were here, are here now, that was a big loss, would be a big loss. 

I wish us a Lotta luck with our next couple drafts. And that Pierce, Woods, Cross, Juju all become SB caliber contributors. And of course Anthony must become superb.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah the 90's were really good too. Undertaker was a scary dude. The newer guys are good too, it is still entertaining. 

I've stopped watching the last 10 years a lot more. The last time I was really interested in wrestling was when Daniel Bryan and CM Punk were in WWE (I know Punk recently returned). I don't like a lot of the new wrestlers for the most part. There's a few good ones, but I hate the fact that wrestling has gotten away from the promos and mic skills, and ring psychology, personalities, and larger than life characters. Too much about the matches now to make up for it when the wrestlers can't do anything but wrestle these days. 

Another thing that got me away from WWE is that all the women I liked either retired or got injured and stopped wrestling for a while. AJ Lee, Paige, Alexa Bliss all either retired or got hurt for a long time. Liv Morgan gets underpushed a ton as well. 

I love Roman Reigns tribal chief character, but there's not much going on really that's anywhere near fun like the old days. AEW isn't really likeable for me either as it's just flips, kicks, dives and false finishes. MJF is really the only guy I like there anymore. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Thank you. For the sake of discussion please continue, even those that "should" have been Pro Bowlers. Franklin? There are some really good 3 down LB's. He fails at that. 

Name another of Ballard's defense draft picks that were here, are here now, that was a big loss, would be a big loss. 

I wish us a Lotta luck with our next couple drafts. And that Pierce, Woods, Cross, Juju all become SB caliber contributors. And of course Anthony must become superb.

Technically Buckner wasn't a draft pick by him, but we traded a 13th for him so it seems like he was. You are not wrong in what you are saying except for Leonard.

12 minutes ago, csmopar said:

My stance if it matters(it doesn’t).

if it happens GREAT!!

if not, oh well. 

Yeah, I think people know my thoughts on twitter insiders but if they are right wonderful I’ll be happy the deal got done.  If it doesn’t oh well the sun will rise tomorrow and hopefully it will serve as reminder to be careful about how you believe this time of year.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't even let him bother me anymore, I used to, until I learned it wasn't worth it. I quit debating with him around 3 months ago and never respond to his posts now. It is a waste of time is why and I got sick of it. I have never seen anyone more negative than him. Doug is the type of person where 10 of us could go out and eat at the best Pizza place in town, 9 of us would love it and give it an A, Doug would find some way to complain about the Pizza and say it was average at best lmao . I am speaking the truth going by his history. That is all I can go by. Usually, people like him have been burned in life some way or the other and are just negative about everything. My Step-dad is a very negative person, he tends to put people down and doesn't even realize he is doing it. He is a good guy in general, Treats my mom well, but his attitude is negative toward everything whether it;s sports, politics, etc.. It gets old being around that crap. 

Im too petty for that. 

Im waiting at the back of the bandwagon because I want to be the one to stomp on his fingers when he tries to jump aboard once we finally get to the promised land. 

I would enjoy that.

My dad is very similar to that. He is a great man who is very principled, but when it comes to sports, he is unbearable. I had 15 tackles in the biggest game of my high school career. My coach singled me out after the game and told me I played like a man possessed. The entire team showed me love. Got in the car feeling better than I ever had in my entire life. Within 5 minutes my dad, who never played a down of football in his life was all over me for not covering a swing pass that went for a score. It wasnt even my responsibility to cover the flat it was on the LB. 

If the team doesnt win, everybody loses. Thats his attitude. I have a hard time with negativity in sports fans. Especially if they never played the sport. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Its not poo-pooing.  Its realism.  The point is that KC got to the SB by finding top 5 corners using draft picks, who play on their rookie deal.  That's generally how teams get there.  

Its like an Indy car race, the team that uses more resources than others...gas and tires....falls behind over the course of a long race eventhough they may lead 10 laps or look like they are competing.

Rather than trading for Buckner and paying him top dollar at the same time, or trading for Sneed and paying him top dollar at the same time, I think we'd be more competitive if guys like Kwity Paye at pick 17 was a Top 6 EDGE in the 3rd year of his rookie deal.   That's reality of how teams win, and what KC has done...and why we are trading for and signing the guy KC drafted  (because they have another Corner in McDuffie who is right behind Sneed).

Edit:  All of this based upon if the rumors of the Sneed trade are true...which I still don't know if Ballard would do that for a Corner in this defense.

Thats why they got to the SB? Really? Ok Doug.

I thought it was Mahommes. My bad.

40 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Name a defensive player he has drafted that has made a Pro Bowl.

So that is a boring question? Hardly, it's a slap against the heads of Irsay, Ballard, and Dodds. The answer to the question is that someone sucks at their job.

Darius Leonard?

Didnt he also find Kenny Moore on the scrap heap? Not technically a draft pick but pretty similar.

Zaire Franklin was an alternate last year.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

Im too petty for that. 

Im waiting at the back of the bandwagon because I want to be the one to stomp on his fingers when he tries to jump aboard once we finally get to the promised land. 

I would enjoy that.

My dad is very similar to that. He is a great man who is very principled, but when it comes to sports, he is unbearable. I had 15 tackles in the biggest game of my high school career. My coach singled me out after the game and told me I played like a man possessed. The entire team showed me love. Got in the car feeling better than I ever had in my entire life. Within 5 minutes my dad, who never played a down of football in his life was all over me for not covering a swing pass that went for a score. It wasnt even my responsibility to cover the flat it was on the LB. 

If the team doesnt win, everybody loses. Thats his attitude. I have a hard time with negativity in sports fans. Especially if they never played the sport. 

Yeah, I ran in the mini marathon back in 2006 and finished it in 2 hours (it was 13.3 miles). My step-dad told me you will never come close to beating the Kenyon's, that is all he could come up with. All of my friends and my mom thought that was amazing I ran it in 2 hours, there were like 35000 people in it, and only around 4000 people ran it in 2 hours or less. Of course, a Kenyon won lmao , he ran it in just over an hour. I can't beat bionic legs haha .

6 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

This is nuts.  I do hope we land Sneep but these reporters contradicting each other is tiring.

If you’re on Twitter it’s 10x worse! Lol. A civil war has started. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

For what it’s worth, the pro bowl is a joke anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Premise 1: If Sneed deal is close, wouldnt it make sense that the Colts would be working their "next" target....because give or take a  little bit they would know what they have to work with (and we would hear some rumors about other players and Colts) .........Premise 2: If Sneed is a no deal see premise 1. Premise 3: Sneed is signed, but not yet confirmed/announced. Capologists will be jigging contracts moving money around etc. to be aiming at the next target and all negotiations and rumors would be quiet as there would be a pause to figure out what if any cap they have to work with going forward....just what I keep thinking anyway

• Like 2

These damn Texans are like roaches. You think they’re gone. Then?….SURPRISE! There’s 10 more to kill. 

“When pressed later he said the 2 other teams that had interest in trading for him were the Jets & the #Texans. Sounds like he chose Chicago”

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

This is nuts.  I do hope we land Sneep but these reporters contradicting each other is tiring.

This is why real reporters get things nailed down before they report it.  Yes it takes longer but it’s more accurate.  All it takes is being massively wrong like one side is going to be on this and your creditably is shot.  However, if you don’t have any because you are just someone on twitter trying to make people think you are one you shoot your shot and hope you get lucky.  Anyone remember the guy who was swearing up and down Baker would be a Colt within 24 hours during the whole Matt Ryan off-season?  When was the last time someone went to him for news?  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, adubb84 said:

These damn Texans are like roaches. You think they’re gone. Then?….SURPRISE! There’s 10 more to kill. 

“When pressed later he said the 2 other teams that had interest in trading for him were the Jets & the #Texans. Sounds like he chose Chicago”

Well when you are winning games, making the playoffs, and have a promising young QB people tend to want to play for you.

Also, their GM is completely opposite of ours… Aggressive

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Well when you are winning games, making the playoffs, and have a promising young QB people tend to want to play for you.

One day yeah? Right? 

Sad Season 4 GIF by The Office

3 minutes ago, Bravo said:

yu realize minshew was a 2 yard completion away from ending the texans season lol 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

Texans would have made a ton more sense than bears. Bears are not winning a SB next year so trading for a 31 year old WR is weird unless they plan on keeping Fields.