Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

R.I.P Destin Adams reporting career. 

Hope that’s not the case he seems like a good kid who I think just got used.  With that said these are the things that can break a career if you want to be a reporter.

2 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Poor Pat lol

16 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

So per Schefter and Holder then Destin got it wrong.  I’ll let people decide on their own who they trust more,  the guy who broke the Andrew Luck story or the guy who works for AtoZ sports.  

I think "Destin got it wrong" is a bit too much, but I would say he probably got wrong/misleading info and went with it. He's still young in the business and I bet there are people in the business who wouldn't mind using a young reporter to do their bidding in the media. With time he will learn what sources to trust and what sources not to trust. Because I would bet my left nut no source high enough with the Colts would leak that info before the deal was ACTUALLY DONE... like DONE DONE! Ink on paper DONE. The Colts just do NOT leak that type of info. Especially about big time moves. Ballard learned his lesson from the McDaniels debacle and has significantly tightened up the organization when it comes to leaks of that significance. 

Just now, RollerColt said:

I don't believe that narrative. 

If that were true the Colts would've told Adam to NOT leak out Luck's retirement. 

Again let me see who do I believe Schefter or random person on twitter?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, runthepost said:

It’s been 5 days since he said they are ironing out the details and the trade is done. We still waiting on a physical from Friday correct?

She said it was almost done exactly like he said. Everything she said in the podcast was what he said. Destin never said anything about a physical.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He has it right here.

So let me ge this right... The Colts and the Chiefs are on the final stretch and about to put ink to paper, but because local reporters got the news before it had actually happened, the petty guy that Ballard is... he deployed Schefter and Holder to push Back and out of spite decided to not do the trade instead... to prove our local insiders wrong. Da * is that? This is insanity... 

• Like 3

Just now, Lifetime Colt said:

If it was said on Twitter, it has to be true.......Really?

Yeah just to drive home this point last night I had the following things showing up as trending twitter for me, Indiana State, Colts, Sneed, and King Charles.  Out of curiosity I clicked on the King Charles one because I was like that’s odd.  It was full of a bunch of people saying King Charles was dead because they head it on twitter.  Yet he still looks to be alive and kicking.  Again, seeing something solely on twitter should be taken with a huge grain of salt until proven by a legit news source.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain_Colts1317 said:

Regardless of how this plays out, something doesn’t add up. This whole situation is weird and if there have been no discussions then why is there so much attention by Holder and Scheff? 

Because for Schefter he was asked about it by McAfee.  For Holder it’s because he was getting bombarded by people on twitter asking him if it was true because of Destin’s tweet.  They didn’t just bring this up out of nowhere.  

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Listening to a chiefs podcast. They said xhirfs have made sneed a 4 year deal and he wants to stay. Colts got used. This is why you don’t go after franchised guys

Well they didn't get used if their were never any real discussions.......

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Because for Schefter he was asked about it by McAfee.  For Holder it’s because he was getting bombarded by people on twitter asking him if it was true because of Destin’s tweet.  They didn’t just bring this up out of nowhere.  

Might be some truth to there being no talks. Colts could have been negotiating with other free agents the whole time. We may never the truth honestly. 

Just now, Captain_Colts1317 said:

Might be some truth to there being no talks. Colts could have been negotiating with other free agents the whole time. We may never the truth honestly. 

We probably won’t which is why I’ve pushed be very careful about believing something just because people on twitter are saying it.  

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He didn’t lie and he had sources and that was corroborated.

And apparently he was still wrong. 

1 minute ago, DoubleE Colt said:

Well they didn't get used if their were never any real discussions.......

Colts probably had discussions days ago, and then moved on. Which is fine. 

• Like 1

Just now, Superman said:

And apparently he was still wrong. 

Colts probably had discussions days ago, and then moved on. Which is fine. 

That’s why I’ve said wrong or used.  I don’t believe he lied.  There is a difference between those IMO.  

22 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Now Shefty says no talks went on. I have never seen even in national media so many different reports. I don’t think anyone knows what’s going on.

Sneed or the Colts probably "tested the market".  So while there were/are talks about draft picks and money, nothing was very serious.  How else does a player or a team test the market unless they talk to other teams about price?

And KC describes that process as "no discussions"    They mean not serious.

8 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

So they haven’t tried to get Sneed and Ballard just ignored DBs in FA? 

Alrighty then. 

This!! You beat me to it. Clearly in the same boat as Ballard has done nothing to IMPROVE this team as of now and that should be the true focal.  Bringing back the same mediocre players, almost always guarantees mediocrity once again. 

Well, actions speak louder than words. All we have right now are empty words.

The Colts' actions will speak louder the next 2 weeks. If they pursue other options at corner or safety that is enough of a high profile name in the $10 mil. per year type of range, like a Justin Simmons, there is a good chance the Sneed trade possibility is in the back burner.

Again, follow the actions, not the words. Just my personal finance money GIF by PBS Digital Studios

The only thing that made sense to me was Sneed could be a need filled with the right deal. From what I have seen with Ballard is he likes to sit on a decent amount of Cap space as his MO is grabbing cut down guys to fill spots. This is not saying he will not use some cap $$ for a FA sooner, but he likes his pocket change to grab a few sweets when the urge hits him.